Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Ok, so I know that 1) you usually base your eventually-proven-correct-pre-episode comments on the experiences you've had with the show so far and the terrible choices the writers consistently make and 2) you react the way most emotionally healthy people should, BUT, maybe it's premature to doubt Thea's intentions?  Maybe she actually validates Felicity and encourages her not to give up on something she loves and is a critical part of because Oliver has been such a big dumb dummy? Maybe Thea's first conversation with her includes an apology for encouraging Oliver to lie? Seriously, if people can be brought back from the dead, surely our heroes can be redeemed?* Oh, wait.

*Heroes don't normally have redemption stories this far along in their hero journey, right?  So, MG really has done something game-changing with this show!

I would legit love for Thea to apologize. But that would mean admitting she did something wrong, and I just can't see Guggie allowing his mouthpiece to do that. I mean, Oliver apologized TO DIGGLE. Not TO FELICITY. That's...seriously batcrap crazy.

I'm also still totally and absolutely fine with Felicity quitting TA, especially in favor of mass-producing the biochip. I think TA treated her like shit, and it's totally believable to me that all this stuff has caused her truly to reevaluate how much she loves being a part of it. She can also help far more people with that chip than as a part of TA. Eventually she'll do both, sure, but for now, biochip away, Felicity.

• Love 10

Now you want Laurel to still be the only other character beside Oliver to talk to everyone? You don't want Felicity to have conversation with her fellow characters? Just Donna? Lets keep Felicity on her own island?

Um, I don't remember saying that? Like, at all? Or implying that, or alluding that that, or...anything to that? There are other characters in the show than Felicity, Oliver, and Thea?

Characters other than Thea I would enjoy watching Felicity interact with:

Diggle

Mrs. Diggle

Baby Diggle

Brother Diggle

Curtis

Paul

Donna

Quentin

Her father

DD

MM

Mrs. DD

most Flash characters, even by telephone

VsotW

Sara, even by telephone

Nyssa

On this particular topic, Laurel

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 2

Um, I don't remember saying that? Like, at all? Or implying that, or alluding that that, or...anything to that? There are other characters in the show than Felicity, Oliver, and Thea?

My post was a general one and not directed at you per say. As for as Diggle I think there has been a lot of disses at him as well. Plus he's a guy and so is Quentin and Female/female talk is also something the collective has wanted.  I personally am looking forward to Thea and Felicity. I've been wanting it for 4 seasons. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 2

I just posted an interview with MG in 'spoilers only' and he said felicity being off the team will have consequences beyond tonight's episode. for the love of God, do not tie buckles death to her absence D:

• Love 14

I really hate how the rest of Team Green Arrow continues to be all Team Oliver.  And that MTV clip makes it sound like Felicity continues to be the 'villain' in the breakup.  I wouldn't blame her for never going back.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 10

The election is next week! Interesting...

I love that Ruve Adams-Darhk is hiring a new Chief of Staff. I wonder how that's going to turn out. Is she going to win and then die, and the city will be mayor less again? Is she going to lose to a write-in campaign? Will Oliver re enter tonight?

::dramatic chipmunk::

• Love 5

I just read an article about Taylor Swift songs for popular tv Ships, Olicity was in the Article and their song was "White Horse" . Other ships of Note were Westallen with "You belong with me" Major and Liv from Izombie with "We are never ever ever getting back together.

• Love 1

Why bother with the dialogue tease if it is part of a sneak peek? So Felicity won't come back right away but she will be back after the death. Hopefully it won't be her fault. 

I am curious to see whether MG's statement of this being the funniest episode is because of the bad storyline and/or acting or because it is actually funny. After seeing the bee sneak peek who knows...

I liked that preview. I didn't see it as them considering Felicity the villain, besides, they just implied that she keeps talking to them. They just didn't want to name her in front of Oliver because they deem it a sensitive subject.

Laurel still makes poo face when she has to talk about Felicity.

But Oliver is a Harry Potter fan? Hahah

• Love 1

That was a good sneak peak.

Oliver "she's not Voldemort" & "There were movies?" (and just like Diggle I am shocked that he is actually familiar with the books and not the movies? I bet Raisa read them to him as bed time stories. :-P

also, I kind of liked Laurel in this one. but my god the arms crossing!! 

Also "Head of public relation"?!! HEAD! the kid is barely 30 years old! PT is a multi billion company.... never this is the same show that had a barely trained woman deciding to steal her sister identity and go our on the street being a vigilante.

ETA: on second thought I am actually a bit shocked Thea is shocked Oliver knows what HP is. The first book came out in the late 90's, if Thea was about 12(?) when Oliver want MIA in 2007 than she was old enough to have not only read the books but young enough that they were probably read to her when the first few came out... Are we to really believe that early-mid teen Ollie would not take the time to sit down and read a book or two to the one person he shamelessly loves and adores above all?!

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 1

This show hurts my brain so much. If Laurel had prosecuted the right crime, the kidnapping of D,T,F then it would have be introduced into evidence that Oliver gave up the campaign under threats from DD and Oliver would have been viewed as hero and elected without even trying. Instead Flip flopping is apparently worse that 4 times college dropout, party boy that pees on cop cars and son of an accomplice to mass murder. *eye twitch*

Stupid question: why does Ruve needs a chief of stuff for the campaign since she is the only candidate left?

Chief of Staff is different then Alex's role in Oliver's campaign, campaign manager. You need a chief of staff once you are in office to run the employees of the mayors office, organize fund raisers, PR stunts, and to handle communications with other city officials (police/fire chiefs, Deputy Mayor, Office of urban development, etc).

Edited by Orion
  • Love 1

Even with Laurel prosecuting the kidnapping, Oliver could say he gave up the campaign under threats from DD. I mean it was the kidnapping that was used to get Oliver to drop out of the race. And they wouldn't even have to say the child was Oliver's just that Sam was a childhood friend. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 2

Here's what bothered me about that MTV clip...

Oliver seems to be completely over the breakup already.  Laurel is talking to Felicity off-screen and tip-toeing around Oliver's feelings like Oliver is some sensitive soul that's been injured.  Thea is going to tell her boyfriend to hit up Felicity for a job after Thea was the one to encourage Oliver to continue lying to Felicity.  And Diggle seems completely indifferent because apparently Oliver should just wait until Felicity "comes around" (like she's the one in the wrong).  Not to mention, I thought the Voldemort/Harry Potter jokes were totally lame.

Oliver seems to be completely over the breakup already. Laurel is talking to Felicity off-screen and tip-toeing around Oliver's feelings like Oliver is some sensitive soul that's been injured. Thea is going to tell her boyfriend to hit up Felicity for a job after Thea was the one to encourage Oliver to continue lying to Felicity. And Diggle seems completely indifferent because apparently Oliver should just wait until Felicity "comes around" (like she's the one in the wrong). Not to mention, I thought the Voldemort/Harry Potter jokes were totally lame.

Apart from the fact that it's a minute out of the ep, just because Oliver doesn't want people tiptoeing around him doesn't mean that he's over it. And Oliver and Felicity's breakup shouldn't be the focus of the team's interaction together, and given what they were talking about - keeping Alex away from Ruve Darhk - everyone's reactions seem perfectly reasonable to me? And what difference does it make if Thea tells Alex to go to Felicity for a job? She has one available. She knows him, apparently thinks he did a good job as Oliver's campaign manager considering she never let him go. Seems like an all-around win to me.

• Love 16

Oliver seems to be completely over the breakup already.  Laurel is talking to Felicity off-screen and tip-toeing around Oliver's feelings like Oliver is some sensitive soul that's been injured.  Thea is going to tell her boyfriend to hit up Felicity for a job after Thea was the one to encourage Oliver to continue lying to Felicity.  And Diggle seems completely indifferent because apparently Oliver should just wait until Felicity "comes around" (like she's the one in the wrong).  Not to mention, I thought the Voldemort/Harry Potter jokes were totally lame.

I disagree about this.. I think he is putting on a brave face, pretending he is and trying to be mature about it- since he knows it is his own fault. you can pretty much see and hear it in his body language and his tone of voice.

I agree about the rest, until the jokes, they were not funny and I don't think they were meant to be.

• Love 5

Not watching any of the clips. Gonna wait until the episode. 

Not sure I like the sound of Felicity leaving the team having 'consequences.' If they even try to imply that Felicity is somehow to blame for the death, I'm gonna be so mad OMG.

Is it just me or are these producer's previews getting shorter and shorter? They didn't even mention Curtis or anything else that happens in the episode.

Well, it's the Felicity and Friends show now so Curtis isn't important.

*Snorts* Sorry, I made the mistake of watching the preview on Facebook. *Panic moonwalks away from that gross place*

I disagree about this.. I think he is putting on a brave face, pretending he is and trying to be mature about it- since he knows it is his own fault. you can pretty much see and hear it in his body language and his tone of voice.

Plus, they made it pretty clear that he's venting his poor feels physically through sparring that no one wants anything to do with anymore, haha.

• Love 18

Well, it's the Felicity and Friends show now so Curtis isn't important.

*Snorts* Sorry, I made the mistake of watching the preview on Facebook. *Panic moonwalks away from that gross place*

Save yourself!!!!!

• Love 1

Almost I can feel sorry for Thea with Oliver venting his feelings by training her and Laurel too hard. Maybe she goes to talk to Felicity so Oliver will stop beating her up.  Sadly, it's more likely to get Felicity to give Alex the job.

It says something about these flashbacks that one villain with a different motivation was mentioned just last week: Baron Reiter. He's motivated by The Power of Evil Island, also Memories of Something Boring. Conklin was motivated by distrust of Oliver. Or, alternatively, their annoyance at getting stuck in the most boring plot of the season turned them evil. I'll buy that. 

Back in the first season, Fyers was motivated by money and the desire to destroy the Chinese economy.  Diggle's old friend was motivated by bitterness from the system and a country that failed to recognize him when he returned from war. Last season Felicity's ex was also mostly motivated by a desire to get back at the system and get out of jail and then make lots and lots of money to make up for all the jail stuff.  This season, the card metahuman was just doing a job he was paid to do, and also was apparently dealing with the annoyance of constantly having painful burning cards attached to his skin which would make anyone evil, when you think about it. Anarky originally was also just mad at the system/hired by Darhk, and now he's just mad because he got burnt up. 

It seems like the 'one and done' villains or the flashback "I don't care about them at all" villains like Fyers and Reiter can have more complex motivations but the seasons' Big Bad (Malcolm, Slade, Ra's) tend to be bad because of family-related issues. Even Darhk seems to be Macbeth to Ruve's Lady Macbeth.

If it turns out that Felicity leaving the team, and therefore removing her awesomeness from the team, somehow contributes to Laurel's death, I'll kind of laugh. If people then attack Felicity for "causing" Laurel's death, I'll really laugh...because that would be the people who've DESPERATELY wanted her off the team AND the show for years now. People who were sure she was in the grave, because, inter alia, Curtis could so easily replace her. The level of hypocrisy denoted by that stance would cause me to giggle. A lot.

I would laugh and laugh if this happened. And then I would cry because they would never stop blaming Felicity for Laurel's death. Even now she'll be blamed because they'll say Laurel died for Olicity.

• Love 2

Awhile ago I posted that someone on imdb who claimed to know somebody said Laurel would die saving Felicity. That rumor is making the rounds on Twitter now. Not sure why now, but anywho, I hope not. [Edited by mod: Talking about fans hating on EBR or Felicity is fan talk.] I really would rather Laurel die defending anybody other than the Smoak women.

Edited by MuuMuuChainsmoker
  • Love 5

I wonder if we will get a training scene or if they just start the scene here after the training? It's nice to see Diggle's arms <3

I wasn't even paying attention to what they were talking about in the clip because I was too distracted by Diggle's arms. /shallow
  • Love 5

Awhile ago I posted that someone on imdb who claimed to know somebody said Laurel would die saving Felicity. That rumor is making the rounds on Twitter now. Not sure why now, but anywho, I hope not. I don't want EBR specifically to get the hate from it, and she, as herself, not the character she plays, is getting so much hate lately. I really would rather Laurel die defending anybody other than the Smoak women.

I'll be shocked if Laurel's death has any tie-in to Felicity or her family. I think it will come down to either Darhk getting revenge on Quentin or Malcolm Merlyn since he has license to kill without consequence because reasons.

Re: that clip...all I saw were David Ramsey's bulging muscles. Oh how I've missed half-naked Diggle. *sigh*

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 4

I'll be shocked if Laurel's death has any tie-in to Felicity or her family. I think it will come down to either Darhk getting revenge on Quentin or Malcolm Merlyn since he has license to kill without consequence because reasons.

I can really see Guggie thinking it would awesome.

I will be repeating this tonight, but of everything Arrow has asked me to believe, Oliver actually reading the Harry Potter books has to be the least credible.

Felicity totally read them to him or demanded that they listen to the audio books on that road trip.

• Love 9

If Thea doesn't apologize to Felicity at some point for encouraging Oliver to keep his kid a secret - I really hope Felicity gets to turn on her and say "ok dear, you found a check and figured it out and your evil dad somehow knew - why did either of your think someone wasn't going to find out at some point anyway?  And did you think I might have been able to help keep this secret from you know - the, actual, bad, guys!?!?!?!?"  Then I just want Thea to say "Sorry."

• Love 1

I'd be more comfortable with Laurel throwing herself in front a of bullet for Felicity than Laurel dying because Felicity was on a break from the team when they needed her.  The anti-Felicity rage is going to be deafening, and will dampen my celebratory mood.

I still don't believe Laurel will die saving Felicity. As for it being a consequence, I can see the thinking there. Timeline fits. I have no idea how that would work tho.

I still think Laurel dies saving Lance. 4x16 set that up IMO.

Per spoilers, there is some type of mayoral event in 4x18, I wonder if he does re enter or is a write in.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 1

What is this clip with Brie's cheesy lines and bad acting from the head of the board that was discussed on the previous page? I haven't seen it linked here or in Spoilers Only.

I'd be more comfortable with Laurel throwing herself in front a of bullet for Felicity than Laurel dying because Felicity was on a break from the team when they needed her.  The anti-Felicity rage is going to be deafening, and will dampen my celebratory mood.

Yeah, but it would come from the same people who say Felicity is useless and she should be replaced by Curtis on the team so you know...irony, LOL

• Love 4

I don't want Laurel to die saving Felicity, nor do I want Felicity not on the team being a direct cause of her death. That would be terrible for all the reasons already mentioned. However, I do think we could see Felicity blame herself if she thinks she could have somehow prevented Laurel's death had she not left the team. This could be her motivation for coming back, and since Oliver seems to have learned to not blame himself, helping her can be a part of their reconciling.

• Love 2

I didn't like the "done" with TA part. TA was so much apart of her. It doesn't sit right with me.

I do like Thea seeking her out. I do like Felicity still trying to help people.

I think Felicity walking away from the team shows how devastated she is by the break up. She can't separate the break up from the team.  She can't be around Oliver so she can't be with the team anymore. It's cutting off a limb to save the body aka a huge loss but a necessary one for her at least now.  It is a huge part of her and giving it up only shows her strength and yeah, her hurt.  :(

I also think she's automated so much of her search protocols that she feels like they are covered without her for regular stuff.  I don't think she'd refuse in an emergency, that's just a given, but she isn't there 24/7 so she knows she isn't leaving them helpless.  (Though being able to cope isn't the same thing as thriving)

I just posted an interview with MG in 'spoilers only' and he said felicity being off the team will have consequences beyond tonight's episode. for the love of God, do not tie buckles death to her absence D:

I still get the feeling that Curtis will be brought in after tonight to be their new tech guy.  But I doubt he'd be willing to spend every night doing this.  He has a life.  But  if in the long run they could get to a place where Curtis and Felicity could take turns, it would free both of them up to have it all.  It's not fair that the muscle has back up, but Felicity doesn't. 

If Thea doesn't apologize to Felicity at some point for encouraging Oliver to keep his kid a secret - I really hope Felicity gets to turn on her and say "ok dear, you found a check and figured it out and your evil dad somehow knew - why did either of your think someone wasn't going to find out at some point anyway?  And did you think I might have been able to help keep this secret from you know - the, actual, bad, guys!?!?!?!?"  Then I just want Thea to say "Sorry."

The problem with Thea apologizing to Felicity about encouraging Oliver to lie is that Felicity doesn't know Thea did that.  All she knows is Thea knew.  Plus Thea thought Oliver had to do it so would she even think she should apologize?  She can be very sorry they aren't together without feeling any responsibility plus honestly, I don't care what Thea's advice was to Oliver, he was the one that made the choice.  He was the one that should have known not to lie to Felicity.  Thea is young and was clearly a victim of the writing.  We know the real Thea would not stand for being lied to like that.  It's so out of character that it doesn't change my feelings on her at all but even if I did buy that Thea would have felt that way, she's not the one responsible for what happened and she wasn't at all thinking about the consequences or how Felicity would feel.  Her support to Oliver wasn't choosing sides or wronging Felicity. 

• Love 4
(edited)

What is this clip with Brie's cheesy lines and bad acting from the head of the board that was discussed on the previous page? I haven't seen it linked here or in Spoilers Only.

Wonderwall posted the link in the spoiler only thread. She called it "new Bugged Eyed Bandit clip" Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

I think Felicity walking away from the team shows how devastated she is by the break up. She can't separate the break up from the team.  She can't be around Oliver so she can't be with the team anymore. It's cutting off a limb to save the body aka a huge loss but a necessary one for her at least now.  It is a huge part of her and giving it up only shows her strength and yeah, her hurt.  :(

From MG's interview with Zaptoit, I got the impression that well see Team Arrow having problems functioning without Felicity and Felicity having problems functioning without Team Arrow. 

I hope so, I'd like to see how much they rely on each other and mean to each other before it all gets wrapped up, hopefully before the end of this season.

• Love 5

BKWurm - But Thea specifically said "I figured it out" and Felicity is smart enough to deduce how Thea figured it out since Thea was doing campaign research on Oliver.  So I think Felicity could legitimately call Thea on the carpet with "if you figured it out, why didn't you guys think other people - you know like the media - couldn't figure it out? Even if William didn't get kidnapped, I might have learned about it on the evening news! Does that sound like a good plan to you?"

This particularly point bothers me as much as the trial bothers our resident lawyers. Because the point of doing research on your own candidate is to figure out what the news or your opponents can find on you and get ahead of the story. In a campaign world that resembled reality - Oliver would have been told "you have to release this story and find a way to put a positive spin on it because it's going to get out - sooner or later, someone will find this kid."

• Love 5

I guess the Queens are on the same page...
Thea finds out about William with an afternoon's worth of research - then keep secrets, plan nothing, do nothing.
Oliver finds out Malcolm knows about William - then keep secrets, plan nothing, do nothing.
Gee, that didn't turn out well.  Hope they learned a valuable lesson - no more case of the stupids for plot please.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 6

Ugh...NO I don't want to hear Laurel with her "I'm here for you" with Oliver. NOPE NOPE NOPE

Her facial expressions, what there were of them, were baaaaad.

So nice that everyone is so sympathetic to poor Oliver's pain.