Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Another WonderCon recap where MG says that if Legends didn't happen, they would've "hopefully" continued Sara's and Ray's stories on Arrow...

In terms of putting together the show's ensemble cast, "This was all our first choice," Guggneheim told the crowd. "We just didn't expect them to say yes. That was the surprise."

Guggenheim said it made "total sense" to feature the already-established Atom and White Canary in the series, and that even if "Legends" didn't happen, their stories would have hopefully continued in "Arrow."

Edited by tv echo

They could still have the Arrow side of LOT's set up without LOT actually going forward. No matter how much people complained, those stories were in service to Arrow characters. 

I really don't think Sara and Ray would have been back as more than guest stars for an episode or 2. There is no room for them and I doubt they could afford both BR and CL.I'm not even sure Sara would have been brought back if they didn't manage to get a spinoff even with Laurel dying.

• Love 3

It's interesting. I just realized that all the LoT crossovers this season have been Arrow crossovers. No, wait, that's not true. There was that one scene where Stein hallucinated Cisco. But other than that, they've all been Arrow. Even in the premiere, Ray talked to Oliver and Sara talked to Laurel. The Flash characters (Cold, Heatwave, Jax and Stein, Hawkgirl) all talked amongst themselves. And it doesn't look like that's going to change for the rest of the season, going by the sizzle reel. We see Felicity, Quentin, and Nyssa, but no Flash characters at all.

I think all the Flash people were and are a bit preoccupied with pimping out the supergirl/flash crossover. Also because I think that more Arrow have stronger ties to some of the LoT folk.

Oliver and Sara are incredibly close. Felicity and Ray were really close and remain to be good friends. Laurel and Quentin are Sara's family.

I don't see anyone from the Flash having those kinds of relationships with anyone on LoT

• Love 6

Well let's see, they tried to stuff Kendra and Cisco in a nice little heart-shape mold and that sucked so let's forget all about that connection shall we?  Frankly, Ray has as much of a connection to Cisco as anyone but perhaps Stein so the Cisco/Stein scene really made the most sense.  I suspect we will probably see Barry again in a future episode on Legends since all the promos for the show had him and they can easily explain his presence due to his time travelling abilities.  But that will probably be it for this season.

I could see a second season showing us a Cisco whose vibe powers are more fully formed, an older Caitlyn set in the future, or a flashback to when Stein and Robbie comprised Firestorm.  Maybe they will even play with a future where we see Iris and Bart? If Snart is staying (please oh please let this work with his Prison Break schedule) - there is his connection to Golden Glider, Cisco, and Barry that would make crossovers fun.

Am I the only who kind of hopes we find out that Lyla is pregnant with a boy by the end of this season?

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 2

Yeah but it was a younger or older version of Berry and Oliver.  Meaning since we got older Oliver we should get younger Barry. And of course that doesn't even have to be GG. 

Was there a spoiler awhile back mentioning that we will see young versions of Barry and Oliver in Legends?

• Love 1

Well I wouldn't discount seeing younger Oliver when we see pre-Island Sara.  But I guess if the Time Masters go after younger Cold, we could see a younger Barry in the process.  I still think we might see an older Barry show up in the future since they filmed him in a group fight scene with the rest of the Legends group.  I know the rooftop scene with Barry and Oliver introducing Rip never happened* but I think the Barry stuff in the group fight scene is still on the table.

*It would be interesting if the Felicity scene talking to Ray is explained somehow by the Time Masters stopping the original recruiting only to have Rip get Oliver and Flash to assemble the team for him in an alternative timeline which would allow them to bring Rory back tot he team the way he was before Rip told him he had the intellect of meat.

And sorry I know this is way off topic for Arrow spoilers - it just occurred to me when thinking about the scenes that we saw with Oliver and Barry months before the show first aired.

Edited by nksarmi

Dialogue Tease: "I don’t know what’s worse, the fact you just spelled out 'breakup' or that you misspelled it."

Oh god... I really hope this is Thea to Oliver (lol at the notion that Oliver can't spell breakup) lmfao

But it's clearly Felicity to Donna

I really liked this dialogue tease :p

Edited by wonderwall
(edited)

CR is back in Vancouver. They're currently filming episode 21 (which should be done filming soon) which makes me think Donna's going to be in episode 22

CR is going to be in 21-23.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3822717

MP: Arrow has been renewed for Season 5, are you excited? What are your hopes for Mama Smoak in Season 5?

CR: "I don't know, hopefully I don't get killed! We start filming the last 3 episodes of the season next week, so who knows."

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

...would you guys be shocked if Donna and Lance elope this season?

Not really, I might actually like it. Lance loses a daughter and gain a new one (and yes I am aware of what that means in terms of Oliver and the Lance sisters.. I am ignoring it okay.)

I wonder if Donna will finally find out how Felicity and Oliver spend their night together.

• Love 3

What did he say?

Not putting in the main spoilers thread, because I'm not sure of the provenance, but the same "back in a big way" thing. 

I'd be pleasantly surprised if The Calculator was back this season in a meaningful way.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1

...would you guys be shocked if Donna and Lance elope this season?

If Quentin made the elope stick with leaving Star City because his daughter died and he has nothing left there...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas. #ByeByeLances

• Love 1

Here's something to think about...

I just posted a recap of the LoT panel at WonderCon in the Mind Your Surroundings thread. Apparently MG said that if LoT had not gone forward, both Sara Lance (CL) and Ray Palmer (BR) would've returned to Arrow.

Ray would have shown up again, as for Sara - Bullshit.   But what ev's.  Go ahead and spin your spin MG. 

• Love 3

You shouldn't make big decisions after a big loss but I wouldn't be shocked at the same time. Even if they were real. 

HOLY SHIT. No truer words...that I myself did not follow.  Don't be me.

• Love 1

If Quentin made the elope stick with leaving Star City because his daughter died and he has nothing left there..

If that happens, then I want a "Quentin and Donna PIs solve mysteries in Las Vegas with sidekick Roy" spin-off

• Love 16

If that happens, then I want a "Quentin and Donna PIs solve mysteries in Las Vegas with sidekick Roy" spin-off

Seriously, can't you just see it all?  I was sold at Quentin and Donna, but Roy as the parkouring cherry on the top?  CBS should snatch it up. 

• Love 4

What would this deliciousness be called? 

"Serving Justice" - Since donna was a waitress and Quentin was a cop?

• Love 13

What would this deliciousness be called? 

"Serving Justice" - Since donna was a waitress and Quentin was a cop?

How about "Justice is Served"?

Oh!  Maybe a bit more cheeky.  "High Heels and Handcuffs"

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 9

If Roy was on it, it could be "High Heels, Handcuffs, and Lil' Hoodie". William Shatner could guest star.

Shatner could hand out cases every week ala Charlie on Charlie's Angels. 

• Love 7

I just watched video of the actual LoT panel at WonderCon and here is what MG actually said.  After MG talked about how they got their first choice of everyone who's on LoT because they all said 'yes', the mod then asked if they knew they had to get CL and BR back...

MG: "Yes. Well, we knew we had built a whole season of the Atom - Brandon becoming the Atom. And we also knew we had the Lazarus Pit in the back of our pocket for Caity. So it made total sense. ... Even if Legends hadn't gone forward, you know, hopefully Brandon would've said 'yes' to returning to Arrow in Season 4, as he did.  And we knew we were going to tell the story of Sara Lance coming back to life.  It just so happened that we were able to make that work with Legends. And Caity and Brandon were terrific, um, in agreeing to participate and join, you know, the first half of Arrow Season 4...."

Edited by tv echo

hahaha, they are still sticking with their we were always going to bring Sara back to life story. It's too bad that CL isn't collaborating with their story. Saying she had no clue she was going to be brought back until they called her. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 6

I just watched video of the actual LoT panel at WonderCon and here is what MG actually said.  After MG talked about how they got their first choice of everyone who's on LoT because they all said 'yes', the mod then asked if they knew they had to get CL and BR back...

MG: "Yes. Well, we knew we had built a whole season of the Atom - Brandon becoming the Atom. And we also knew we had the Lazarus Pit in the back of our pocket for Caity. So it made total sense. ... Even if Legends hadn't gone forward, you know, hopefully Brandon would've said 'yes' to returning to Arrow in Season 4, as he did.  And we knew we were going to tell the story of Sara Lance coming back to life.  It just so happened that we were able to make that work with Legends. And Caity and Brandon were terrific, um, in agreeing to participate and join, you know, the first half of Arrow Season 4...."

tumblr_nx8uv0LPbM1uh4ocvo1_250.gif

• Love 10

LOL yeah they were never planning on bringing Sara back to life until Legends came into play. I can maybe believe that they would still have brought Sara back if Legends wasn't picked up if they were already mapping out Arrow season 4 and the big death. But having planned her to always come back is not believable at all. She was brought back because they wanted the team up show and her death got some people upset so her return would have some buzz. Sara is the perfect character to have in a Villains and Heroes because in some ways she is both. I can see why bringing her back came to mind with that theme idea. But she was dead dead and planning on staying that way. That's why I will forever worry about her :p

• Love 1

SUMMARY OF 417 SPOILERS:

S4, Episode 17: Beacon of Hope
-- Production code: 417.  Shoot Dates: Feb. 1- 11, 2016.  Director: Michael Schultz.  Writers: Ben Sokolowski & Brian Ford Sullivan.  Airdate: Mar. 30, 2016. (MG tweet, page 30 of Spoilers thread)
-- 417 synopsis: "BRIE LARVAN AKA THE BUG-EYED BANDIT SETS HER SIGHTS ON FELICITY – Brie Larvan (guest star Emily Kinney) breaks out of jail and turns up at Palmer Tech threatening to kill everyone unless she gets the bio-chip that is implanted in Felicity’s (Emily Bett Rickards) spine. When Oliver (Stephen Amell) realizes that Felicity, Thea (Willa Holland) and Donna (guest star Charlotte Ross) are trapped in Palmer Tech with everyone else, he looks to a surprising ally to help Team Arrow save the day. Michael Schultz directed the episode written by Ben Sokolowski & Brian Ford Sullivan (#417). Original airdate 3/30/16." (Amellynation article, page 33 of Spoilers thread)
-- MG's Billy Joel song pick for 417 is "She's Always a Woman." (MG tumblr post, page 31 of Spoilers thread)
-- See 417 producer's preview posted. (CW Arrow tweet, page 34 of Spoilers thread)
-- See 417 promo and extended promo posted. (417 promo video and 417 extended promo video, page 33 of Spoilers thread)
-- See 417 JackTV promo posted. (417 JackTV promo video, page 964 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- See ComicBook's 417 sneak peek posted. (ComicBook article, page 34 of Spoilers thread)
-- See MTV's 417 sneak peek posted. (MTV article, page 34 of Spoilers thread and page 971 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- See 417 promo pics posted.  (TVLine photo link, page 33 of Spoilers thread)
-- See 417 comic preview posted.  (MG tweet, page 33 of Spoilers thread)
-- 417 dialogue tease: "I don't know what's worse, the fact you just spelled out 'breakup' or that you misspelled it." (ArrowWritersRoom tweet, page 34 of Spoilers thread)
-- 417 dialogue tease: ""Any puppies you want to kick while you’re at it? Bags of kittens that you want to throw in the river?" (ArrowWritersRoom tweet, page 34 of Spoilers thread)
-- MG (on Mar. 17): "We’re actually editing 4×17 right now, which is bar none the funniest episode we’ve ever done in the show." (ComicsBeat article, page 33 of Spoilers thread)
-- Per MG, 417 is "probably the lightest, funniest episode of 'Arrow' we've ever done." (Zap2It article, page 34 of Spoilers thread)
-- MG: "In episode 17 we get to see the team trying to function, having to function, without Felicity. While at the same time, we get to see Felicity dealing with her own issues with the Bug Eyed Bandit (Emily Kinney) without necessarily the benefit of the team. ... I don't want to spoil it, but it's not something we just immediately deal with in 17 and move on from... You'll see the consequences of it." (Zap2It article, page 34 of Spoilers thread)
-- In response to fan asking what's the #1 thing he was most nervous about from script that he wanted to see viewer reaction to, Ben Sokolowski replied: "It's coming up in 417." (BS tweet, page 338 of Social Media thread)
-- In response to fan asking which storyline had been a challenge for him and Ben Sokolowski to co-write, Brian Ford Sullivan replied: "417 was a real challenge. In a good way. You'll understand why when you see it."  (BFS tweet, page 338 of Social Media thread)
-- Emily Kinney, who plays the Bug-Eyed Bandit, will be in 417 because she was shooting an Arrow episode on or about Feb. 5, 2016. (Tweets in Morrigan2575 post, page 31 of Spoilers thread, and same tweets in Velocity23 post, page 859 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- Pic of Emily Kinney in the Arrow production offices posted. (Arrow Production Office tweet, page 33 of Spoilers thread)
-- On Feb. 3, SA tweeted: "It's not a season of Arrow until I'm shirtless on an exam table fighting for my life." (SA tweet, page 866 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- 416+ extended promo included shot of Oliver lying shirtless on table in Arrowcave. (416+ extended promo video, page 32 of Spoilers thread)
-- Donna Smoak will appear in 417. (CR tweet, page 30 of Spoilers thread)
-- On or about Feb. 9, CR posted a pic of her resting on the floor in the Starling City Hospital set, with the note: "Should have worn flats." (CR instagram pic posted in fan tweet, page 866 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- Curtis will be in 417 because EK was shooting on Feb. 4. (EK tweet, page 30 of Spoilers thread)
-- 417 promo pics show that Curtis is in the Arrowcave and knows everyone's secret identities. (TVLine photo link, page 22 of Spoilers thread)
-- Taiana will be in this episode because ER was filming the week of Feb. 1. (ER tweet, page 850 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1