Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Me. I'm not even a Laurel fan and I'm still in denial. LOL. While I don't deny the evidence is pretty convincing, I think we might be missing something. But the main reason is I don't want to get my hopes up because I don't trust this show. Plus it'll be pretty bad if we're all celebrating and it turns out she's not even dead. Even now the celebrating I'm seeing on twitter makes me uncomfortable tbh. Haha.

I will say it's strange we haven't heard any tweets from the cast like we did when they were filming Roy's goodbye. Although maybe they've been told not to do that because it gave the game away last year. I don't know. Maybe we'll get those when the death episode actually airs?

Whatever happens I'm just delighted it's not Diggle. I was worried for a while there.

I don't like the celebration on Twitter either, especially when they tag the show runners. I was expecting some type of meltdown from SA or an acknowledgement from MG, but the closest thing I can find is Schwartz unliking the tweet. I took that as further confirmation. If they were trying to fool people, there would have been some response. The silence is good IMO.

She posted a pic with her dog recently..maybe last week..before that I thought she gave it away too because it just disappeared. It had its own IG page too, LOL

She posted a picture from the Arrow makeup trailer with the guy that she gave the dog to.  

I think at this point its really certain.Its not just the pics though imo they're enough.It was either Quentin or Laurel and Lance is obviously the one there for both funerals.

Its multiple sources that had proven right before saying its Laurel in the grave,its the fact that the episodes is called Canary Cry,its all the signs from the show and KC being weird on SM,it totally fits everything the death has been hyped as etc.So idk,I think its pretty hard to be in denial at this point.I was in denial when the wheelchair stuff was coming out though tbh before the pics came out we didn't have that much evidence for it so I kinda learned to believe the sources and trust that when the spoilers start coming out things are as they seem on this show 99% of the time.

I think the cast tweeted about filming CH's last scenes because they wanted to trick the audience into thinking that Roy's death was real. For the big death this season, though, they're not going to intentionally give anything away because they want it to be a shock.

Good point. Also, we all know the death is coming this time and they want us to keep guessing. We didn't know about Roy until the cast tweets.

I don't like the celebration on Twitter either, especially when they tag the show runners. I was expecting some type of meltdown from SA or an acknowledgement from MG, but the closest thing I can find is Schwartz unliking the tweet. I took that as further confirmation. If they were trying to fool people, there would have been some response. The silence is good IMO.

I know. I'm embarrassed. I don't like smugness or gloating, from any side of fandom. I didn't like it when some fans celebrated it about Felicity dying after she was shot. And I don't like it now, regardless of whether I like the character or not.

And yeah, silence is better.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 5

Yup. I expected something from MG like "wait until the episode airs." or something like that with the meltdown happening on Twitter and all the people tagging them but nothing. The only tweet "related" to the show he liked was one about Emily being in a movie nominated for the Oscars.

• Love 1

She could be visiting the set, she could be filming pick up shots, she could be visiting the hair and makeup department person who keeps her dog or something.

I know all this, but read what I had written, anyway, he came on the set is very limited, but I said if you see pictures of her in black canary on the following weeks filming. This is just a guess

I don't mind that people are celebrating the death of a fictional character. I would have been perfectly fine with the kid dying, and he's a kid. But he's a FICTIONAL kid. I wouldn't like anything wishing for a really violent death, just bc I don't like realistic violence in my fiction, against anybody. (MAYBE a really bad villain, e.g., the Governor on TWD, esp. after he got all rapey with Maggie).

But on the other hand, I feel bad for pretty much anyone losing a job. So if it makes sense, I don't feel bad that people are celebrating Laurel's apparent death, but I do feel bad that they're celebrating KC's impending apparent unemployment. I'm sure she has plenty of money put away so she won't be homeless, and she'll surely get new gigs, but this whole thing has to have been really tough on her. She was supposed to be the Black Canary. I don't agree that BC is such an incredibly iconic character, but she's not nothing, either.

I guess ideally I wish she'd not taken the role in the first place. It was just a bad fit from the start. Someone like Candice Patton, or maybe Amy Gumenick, could have made the original plan work.

• Love 10

My only discomfort with the celebration is that it's happening before we even know for sure. I know everyone is pretty much convinced and that's totally okay, I'm not gonna try and convince people otherwise. LOL. And I wouldn't have any issue if this happened after the death happened because yeah, I know full well it's a fictional character and LL has been a drag on this show forever. But it's the early celebrations before we know 100% that makes me cringe. That was my point.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 8

My favorite response so far was a friend going "omg, now that the pics got leaked they're gonna reshoot EVERYTHING with a new victim."

Yup, that's totally gonna happen.

I had a friend say the same thing, she was worried that they would change their mind and reshoot to make someone else the death.  

• Love 1

I'm not 100% sure. I'm probably 98%. If it was just the pics, I wouldn't be, bc even though Lance was there in present-day it could have been some quasi-rando in the grave, with Laurel in the hospital or on the phones again or something. KC changing her Twitter info right after the EPs visited, that one quote she put up, and Canadagraphs are my main evidence that it's her.

• Love 1

To be fair, if signs pointed to Diggle, I'd probably be in just as much denial.

I think I would be more in rage, than denial.

Even if I was a die-hard LL fan, I would not be surprised that the writers may choose to eliminate her. The storyline for her has been almost non-existent in the last 1.5 seasons. As so many people have mentioned it, LL's storyline has been winding down - whereas DIg's have been ramping up. He got a wife, then a kid, then a brother, then a mask. LL on the other hand has only lost - Tommy, Ted Grant, her job, her sister, her parents, her apt. The only modest gain has been her mask, but considering that was always a given for her character, its hard to say that is even a win for the character.

But I do feel bad for them, nobody wants to see their favorite characters killed off. And the more it sits with me the more I am sorta sad too. I liked LL in s1. It would have been nice for them to turn the character around. But alas, they haven't been able too. I'm not sure they needed to kill her, but she definitely needed to be removed from Star City awhile ago.

• Love 4

But I do feel bad for them, nobody wants to see their favorite characters killed off. And the more it sits with me the more I am sorta sad too. I liked LL in s1. It would have been nice for them to turn the character around. But alas, they haven't been able too. I'm not sure they needed to kill her, but she definitely needed to be removed from Star City awhile ago.

I disagree with you on the "them" part (and I'll leave it at that). I feel bad for KC because she'll be unemployed, but that's about it. 

I don't feel bad for anyone lol.I feel bad for myself for having to put up with this character and the reason for that seems to be because KC had connections.KC got a role served up to her.From the stuff she said it seems like she just went to the CW said she wants an action role and it was given to her with no real audition or even a chemistry test with SA.Then she failed in every way and a lot of that was on her,its not just the writing thats the problem really.Actors get written out all the time,its part of the job.I kinda felt bad for Colin Donell because he pretty much got written out for the sole reason of Lauriver failing and though no fault of his own even though the plans for Tommy were much larger originally.But Laurel dying has been long overdue tbh and its fully deserved.As for feeling bad for her fans I really don't,most of them were celebrating Felicity dying from the moment the grave was revealed.

• Love 22

You know what they say: even a broken clock is right twice a day. LOL

But given the callback to Sara's death they are linking Laurel's whole life to Sara, making Sara the most important person in Laurel's life and in a sense being the one she traded her life for and I'm this close to buying into her "Sara is the love of Laurel's life" theory.

These articles are all interpreting the leaked funeral pics to mean that Quentin is the one in the grave (and that PB came to set both with and without his wig to throw off fans)...

SPOILERS: Revealing ARROW Set Photos Reveal Who Is And Isn't In That Grave

Josh Wilding 02/28/16

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/dc_tv/arrow/spoilers-revealing-arrow-set-photos-reveal-who-is-and-isnt-in-that-a131544

Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Set Photos Reveal Who's in the Grave

In NewsFebruary 29, 2016 10:20:35 GMT

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00094757.html

'Arrow' Season 4 spoilers: Grave set photos reveal who is going to die

By Sachin Trivedi @sachintrivedig on February 29 2016 9:12 PM

http://www.ibtimes.com.au/arrow-season-4-spoilers-grave-set-photos-reveal-who-going-die-1506591

I look forward to reading their eventual reviews.

We should brace ourselves for the incoming wave of 'Laurel was killed because of Olicity/shippers' articles/comments. Bwahahah.

It's already happening.
This is too perfect! It would even be funeral appropriate. Can someone borrow the voodoo doll and get MG to use this as they lay her to rest? Very somber but the allusion to the nickname would have me rolling. Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3

I would feel bad, if it was the case with what happened to Katrina where she was cast as co-lead and then recasted. But that wasnt the case with KC. She had major support from the network, even with EPs wanting to change/rewrite or even completely write her off the show. She was given chance after chance, still it didnt change things. I heard similar rumors of KC from the time on Supernatural. So i am willing to believe that is just who KC is.

• Love 4

Plec has admitted to changing direction during the season because fans guessed where they were heading. I get the fear, but changing a plot point before the episode is written is nothing like what Arrow would need to do.

It wouldn't just be reshooting the funeral scene. It's rewriting and reshooting 4x18, possibly 4x16 and 4x17 as well if anything is set up there. Plus they would need to rewrite all the reminder episodes. It's not remotely possible.

• Love 2

I wonder what exactly was the deal with the network. Basically they both vetoed KC being written off the show but also encouraged EBR getting a more prominent role. The blackmail material doen't seem so outlandish anymore, hahah.

• Love 1

Plec has admitted to changing direction during the season because fans guessed where they were heading.

I have wondered sometimes if the Arrow writers do this. Like with Thea's bloodlust. We all thought it was going to be a way to take down DD, and then suddenly it wasn't.

• Love 2

I knew it would be a Lance but I never expected it to be the "white whale" of the Lance family. I'm tempering my response for now because I don't want to get too invested. But I'm so curious. I already want postmortems(ha). What was the point of having her suit up in S03? Should I be thanking S03 for sucking so hard that it finally made them decide to get rid of Laurel? Was she in the grave in 401? When in S03 did they decide to kill her (if she's always been the one who was dying)? 

Also...I KNEW SARA LANCE COMING BACK WAS FREAKING WEIRD!! She took three arrows to the torso, fell from a really tall building, crashed onto a dumpster, then fell several feet into a dirty alleyway. She was deader than dead and they wanted us to know it. I figured the LOT resurrection meant they realized that killing Sara was a mistake but I never thought it meant anything about Laurel's Black Canary. 

Edited by hogwash
  • Love 1

I knew it would be a Lance but I never expected it to be the "white whale" of the Lance family. I'm tempering my response for now because I don't want to get too invested. But I'm so curious. I already want postmortems(ha). What was the point of having her suit up in S03? Should I be thanking S03 for sucking so hard that it finally made them decide to get rid of Laurel? Was she in the grave in 401? When in S03 did they decide to kill her (if she's always been the one who was dying)? 

My guess is there going to go the high stakes/shake up road.

It had to be a game changer because so much of the viewers emotional season was built around this future death

It had to be high stakes and long lasting impacts

With the introduction of Time Travel and Magic we needed to reset Arrow and show the audience/characters that death is permanent, that there are consequences and stakes for the characters

We wanted someone connected to all of the characters that would have a huge impact on the remaining characters. 

It had to be a mask because the Team has never actually lost a member to the Big Bad.

etc etc etc

• Love 12

But given the callback to Sara's death they are linking Laurel's whole life to Sara, making Sara the most important person in Laurel's life and in a sense being the one she traded her life for and I'm this close to buying into her "Sara is the love of Laurel's life" theory.

I don't buy it because I doubt the EPs and writers put that much thought in what they do. I think Sara became the most important person in Laurel's life for exclusion..Tommy died, Oliver moved on, Thea is still first and foremost Oliver's sister. There's her dad but it's obvious people draw a parallel with Sara because Laurel took her place. I think if the writers shared this theory Laurel's motivation to be the BC in S3 would have been more about Sara than it actually was because first she wanted to find her killer, then she said SC needed a Canary, then that saving the city was her mission too. Sara played a part because being her sister it's obvious her death had a big impact on her but I wouldn't exaggerate it like that theory does.

• Love 3

Plus, killing Laurel gets rid of the notion once and for all that they "have" to do anything just because it's in the comics. MG and WM have repeated that over and over again, but it seems to have gone in one ear and out the other for a lot of people. Killing Laurel makes the point very effectively and has the advantage of getting rid of some dead weight in the process.

Now that doesn't answer why they felt like they had to make her Black Canary in the first place, but I'm starting to think that's a mystery that will never be answered.

• Love 15

This potential call back to Sara's Funeral and the funeral of this season's death makes me think of the interview Katie just did about her and Sara. How they are like twins or whatnot. That's one of the reasons' I'm on the side leaning toward Laurel in the Grave. Their Stories have been linked on the show.

• Love 2

I always felt WB treated EBR differently then all the other females on the show. At least on social media.

Could you elaborate? 

Plus, killing Laurel gets rid of the notion once and for all that they "have" to do anything just because it's in the comics. MG and WM have repeated that over and over again, but it seems to have gone in one ear and out the other for a lot of people. Killing Laurel makes the point very effectively and has the advantage of getting rid of some dead weight in the process.

Now that doesn't answer why they felt like they had to make her Black Canary in the first place, but I'm starting to think that's a mystery that will never be answered.

That's another thing they can use.  That everyone thought Laurel was safe "because comics" and we really wanted the audience to know that no one is safe.  

I figured the LOT resurrection meant they realized that killing Sara was a mistake but I never thought it meant anything about Laurel's Black Canary.

Killing off Sara the way they did. Then making Laurel the canary suddenly with instantly being able to fight when everyone else took years and years to master their craft was a huge mistake. 

I just don't understand how they didn't know that before hand.

What if Laurel is dead, but KC isn't fired?  Earth 2 Laurel/meta human Black Canary perhaps?

You mean she goes to Flash? Noooo. I love Flash.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

I can buy Sara being the most important person in Laurel's life, storywise. I can't buy Sara being the love of Laurel's life. Because the way KC played it and what was shown, it was more like Laurel was always jealous of her little sister.

Since almost all the story of Black Canary was given to Sara. Making almost all of Laurel's storylines revolve around Sara.

If they parallel Sara's funeral with Laurel's that will really drive home who the more important character is in this verse.

• Love 4

So random thought...

What if Laurel is dead, but KC isn't fired?  Earth 2 Laurel/meta human Black Canary perhaps?

There's no way they'd do that, when a lot of the problems with the character ARE the acting/total lack of coordination. (TBF, the writing sucked too, but a lot of the writing sucks and the actors are able to work with that.)

I'm personally 100% sure that they planned to keep Sara dead. Caity Lotz has said publicly that SHE had no idea Sara was coming back. An EP would have to be truly, genuinely, Oliver and son-levels of dumb to plan a whole show around, in large-ish part, a particular character without locking that character's actor down. MG et al. are dumb, but even they aren't that dumb. They killed her and made sure it was clear she was dead bc as far as they were concerned she was never coming back. I legit don't care how many times MG et al. deny it. They are, quite simply, lying. They just finally got it through their thick skulls that BR/Ray the Cane Toad couldn't carry a show, and that KC/LL were never going to be any good.

I would love to know how much sucking up to CL they had to do. In a lot of ways she's maybe the most professional tv actress I've ever heard of. She is totally committed to being a believable action hero, as evidenced by her training. Not just working out...TRAINING. And it's really incredibly impressive that she was told Sara was being killed off, but she participated and kept her cool at SDCC or Paley or whatever that was, which was after she knew and maybe after she'd filmed the death? However, as professional as she obviously is, I wonder if she made them sweat a little. She was at that point not under contract, and IMO they knew they really needed her. I bet she got some nice perks out of it. I would have made MG beg, but, you know, I hate MG's guts.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 8

My deepest sympathies lay with the staff writers who had to write an abject failure of a character FOR ALMOST NINETY EPISODES because the network told them to. That's who I feel bad for.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 20

I wonder if this will finally get them off killing characters and making a big deal about it? Cause seriously? Panning to a grave scene in the first episode of a lighter season?? There's no way they can ever top Oliver "dying" and there's no point of even trying if Laurel (pleasepleaseplease) is dying. They can really go for a lighter and more Green Arrowy season now. 

If it's really Laurel (pleasepleaseplease) then I'm honestly kinda shocked that the grave mystery actually lived up to those Felicity hints and wasn't a cop-out/bluff.

• Love 2

I would love to know how much sucking up to CL they had to do. In a lot of ways she's maybe the most professional tv actress I've ever heard of. She is totally committed to being a believable action hero, as evidenced by her training. Not just working out...TRAINING. And it's really incredibly impressive that she was told Sara was being killed off, but she participated and kept her cool at SDCC or Paley or whatever that was, which was after she knew and maybe after she'd filmed the death? However, as professional as she obviously is, I wonder if she made them sweat a little. She was at that point not under contract, and IMO they knew they really needed her. I bet she got some nice perks out of it.

CL even took archery lessons for the two times she held a bow. With the perks I actually think her perk was getting to do more of her own stunts.

It made me like her more that she acted so professional at SDCC right after filming her death scene.

• Love 6

Because one small dog is so much work? Well that doesn't exactly make me like her, seeing as how my three dogs and current three foster dogs are a ginormous amount of work, and I don't even have a dog-walker (I live out in the country, nobody nearby).

Back when I was into Supernatural, there were a bunch of really cute videos of Jared Padalecki with his dog on set. There are so many people around on a set for a friendly dog to have fun with, and to watch the dog when the owner's busy. It looked like great fun for both dog and guy. So unless the Arrow set is very dog-unfriendly, that puts her squarely on my don't like list.

I don't think Arrow is an unfriendly dog set, EBR seems to bring her dog and i think we've seen other crew members with their pets there too.

I don't mind that people are celebrating the death of a fictional character. I would have been perfectly fine with the kid dying, and he's a kid. But he's a FICTIONAL kid. I wouldn't like anything wishing for a really violent death, just bc I don't like realistic violence in my fiction, against anybody. (MAYBE a really bad villain, e.g., the Governor on TWD, esp. after he got all rapey with Maggie).

But on the other hand, I feel bad for pretty much anyone losing a job. So if it makes sense, I don't feel bad that people are celebrating Laurel's apparent death, but I do feel bad that they're celebrating KC's impending apparent unemployment. I'm sure she has plenty of money put away so she won't be homeless, and she'll surely get new gigs, but this whole thing has to have been really tough on her. She was supposed to be the Black Canary. I don't agree that BC is such an incredibly iconic character, but she's not nothing, either.

I guess ideally I wish she'd not taken the role in the first place. It was just a bad fit from the start. Someone like Candice Patton, or maybe Amy Gumenick, could have made the original plan work.

I would probably feel bad if it was a guest star someone making basic wages who doesn't have another job. Since KC seems to be rich enough, and has another job with her blog (not sure if that makes her any money) I think she'll do fine financially wise.. The most I think her ego just got bruised a bit, and I really can't say i care much about that either..

• Love 2

So random thought...

Earth 2 people & metahumans live on the FLASH... imo KC is more than free to join the FLASH cast. I actually don't think it would be that horrible of an addition. I would feel bad for the Flash audience because both the FLASH writers & the audience has trouble adjusting to cast additions. But it wouldn't be the worst thing to happen to the FLASH. It wouldn't be the best thing either but that's a whole other story.

• Love 1

Well it's just interesting if she's going to be doing the animated Vixen season two, but she's fired on Arrow.  And other people have said that MG and KC have connections - did I read she's friends with his wife?  I mean, sure KC could just graciously accept that Laurel's been written out, but it just made me wonder if she won't appear again and well, Barry did just make a speech about reopening the breaches and stopping Zoom on Earth 2.  It just made me wonder if they ultimately decided the best way to "fix" the Laurel character was to replace her with an entirely different version of Laurel.

Well it's just interesting if she's going to be doing the animated Vixen season two, but she's fired on Arrow.  And other people have said that MG and KC have connections - did I read she's friends with his wife?  I mean, sure KC could just graciously accept that Laurel's been written out, but it just made me wonder if she won't appear again and well, Barry did just make a speech about reopening the breaches and stopping Zoom on Earth 2.  It just made me wonder if they ultimately decided the best way to "fix" the Laurel character was to replace her with an entirely different version of Laurel.

In fic, sure. On the same show, played by the same actress, no way. A different backstory can't change her iffy acting or total inability to do the simplest stunts. Not to mention, within a few weeks everyone would have forgotten the different backstory anyway, bc they'd be staring at the same actress playing basically the same character with the same name and the same dumb eyelashes. (As an aside, my theory for why she was late on set, if true, is that it takes her an hour to do her eyelashes.)

Maybe to the Flash, but I still don't see it. They probably either contracted for her to do the animated show (which totals like 30 minutes, she probably has a minute of dialogue) before canning her, or she was just happy to get the money.

• Love 5

No, she's not friends with MG's wife.  AJK's wife was part of her Public Relations team (for a while) but KC left that company last year.

• Love 2

Season 2 of Vixen is set before her visit to Star City. I think one of the writers said it's set before this season. So it won't have any impact on the death, if it's indeed LL. Also, being on Vixen doesn't seem to take much. It's voice acting and when Barry, Oliver, Felicity and Cisco made special "appearances" they only had a few lines.

Edited: Oh wait, you're saying Vixen 2 hasn't been done yet? Hmm, that would be a bit awkward, yeah.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 1

Maybe there is an Earth2 Laurel who is a successful Black Canary.  With the right backstory and training and everything.

Meanwhile, bring on more articles speculating that it's Quentin in the grave!  I think the writers deserve to have a large part of the audience shocked if it turns out to be Laurel.

Looking at the call sheet makes me think that the Vancouver Police are thrilled to have so much film and TV shooting in their city. That's a lot of overtime at big bucks.

I never bought that theory, given her behaviour in the first two seasons, and if it does happen, I think it will only be because they couldn't tie her to anyone else. Oliver was supposed to be the love of her life but that failed massively and then they killed Tommy for Reasons. After that, there was no one else to tie her to since the actor playing Ted Grant was off to another show.

My deepest sympathies lay with the staff writers who had to write an abject failure of a character FOR ALMOST NINETY EPISODES because the network told them to. That's who I feel bad for.

But there were some writers who genuinely (it seems) were fond of her and thought the character was a good one. Keto Shimizu, who has a Black Canary figure on her desk, and AK, who seemed to love her no matter how much she failed.

• Love 1

Earth 2 people & metahumans live on the FLASH... imo KC is more than free to join the FLASH cast. I actually don't think it would be that horrible of an addition. I would feel bad for the Flash audience because both the FLASH writers & the audience has trouble adjusting to cast additions. But it wouldn't be the worst thing to happen to the FLASH. It wouldn't be the best thing either but that's a whole other story.

NO! NO! If I'm finally getting rid of her on Arrow I DO NOT want her to soil any other Arrowverse show! I like the Flash enough but I don't like it enough to keep watching with KC on it.

The only people I'll feel bad for is all of us in the remote chance that this turns out not to be true.

I may even stop watching the show if it's not her in the grave!