Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Dude probably got that from us! LOL.  He could have guessed it just like we did. 

Sorry even there is a way for the show to have a Black Canary again I still am super dubious they would leak killing off Laurel. 

Do the PTB really think that Laurel's death would be so traumatic for the audience that they have to brace us for it by leaking set pics and spoiling it? I don't think it would be THAT shocking if she died and it's been speculated about before.

I think it would totally be shocking. Just look at those of us here who are not fans of Laurel, but still don't think the show has the guts to do it. It would be the most surprising thing the show has done in a while.
  • Love 7

I still think that scene/photo of the two graves and Laurel walking up to them will be Oliver and Robert's funeral. They are the only ones who we have seen to have side-by-side graves. I'm not sure why they would be flashing back to Oliver's funeral, Sara's funeral, and then Laurel's funeral (if she is the one that dies). Unless it has to do with Thea maybe?

Robert and Oliver are "burried" on the Queen Mansion grounds not a public cemetery
  • Love 8

I still think that scene/photo of the two graves and Laurel walking up to them will be Oliver and Robert's funeral. They are the only ones who we have seen to have side-by-side graves. I'm not sure why they would be flashing back to Oliver's funeral, Sara's funeral, and then Laurel's funeral (if she is the one that dies). Unless it has to do with Thea maybe?

Saras gravestone was on set.

The walk up to the casket would be given to Moria/Thea.

I highly doubt QL would attend Olivers funeral. Maybe Laurel, but even that is in question.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 2

I think it would totally be shocking. Just look at those of us here who are not fans of Laurel, but still don't think the show has the guts to do it. It would be the most surprising thing the show has done in a while.

Me. I would be shocked. LOL. I've never thought they had the guts to do it. Still don't tbh. LMAO.

Robert and Oliver are "burried" on the Queen Mansion grounds not a public cemetery

Plus, Quentin may not be seen in the shot of Laurel walking up to the casket, but he was definitely filming the flashback funeral. I don't see him going to the Queens'. Unless it was to spit on their empty caskets. 

I really have a hard time believing that it was Oliver's funeral because they don't have ST anymore and Willa can't really play a 12-year-old Thea. What connection would the audience feel to the scene, really? 

• Love 2

Right! But the scene with Laurel walking up looks way too open for it to be a public cemetery? But now that I think about it there are graves around the double graves. So I'm just going to assume it's another continuity fail, but then again they had Sara's grave there (thanks to CG) so I have no idea who the tall curved grave belongs too since it doesn't match Sara's or the one we saw in the flashforwards... 

CcK7mt7VAAA-R9b.jpg

Edited by HighHopes

ok, stupid question here...when Laurel dug up Sara's body, was she in a real casket?  For some reason I remembered it being a make-shift box (not real casket), but then I would have imagined that they would have just put her back in her original casket if there was one.  If she was a make-shift box, then I would guess she never had a casket or a casket procession in the first place then...but maybe I remembering things wrong.  I just remember the icky Sara corpse, but just wondering if anyone remembers the details to jog my memory... 

Edited by ComicFan777

I think his blacking out the title indicates a reference to the grave occupant not the kid he left behind.

I think it could indicate both. If the Canary cries, obviously it would be because Quentin is dead. So it would spoil that as well. I mean, I'm sure Laurel would be sad if Thea, Diggle, or whoever died too, but they wouldn't name the episode after that.

So "Canary Cry" is supposed to be the episode AFTER the death, correct?

Edited by Serena
  • Love 1

I think the matching gravestones pic are of Tommy and Rebecca Merlyn's gravestones because the gravestones don't match Oliver/Robert Queens - but they do match Tommy's.

• Love 3

I think it could indicate both. If the Canary cries, obviously it would be because Quentin is dead. So it would spoil that as well. I mean, I'm sure Laurel would be sad if Thea, Diggle, or whoever died too, but they wouldn't name the episode after that.

So "Canary Cry" is supposed to be the episode AFTER the death, correct?

Yes, we believe the death is in 418 and the funeral is in 419
  • Love 1

I think the matching gravestones pic are of Tommy and Rebecca Merlyn's gravestones because the gravestones don't match Oliver/Robert Queens - but they do match Tommy's.

We had a flashback to Rebecca's funeral either this season or last season right? Did we ever see the gravestone then? Because I am honestly confused at how many gravestones there are since none of them really match the ones we have seen before on the show. So far we have the double graves (with Laurel in flashbacks), Sara's old grave (thanks to CG, which why is it still there?), and the new grave. 

I don't think it takes guts to kill off Laurel because IMO she is a useless character.  I think though that the show seems to think it must have a Black Canary and was so attached to it being Laurel Lance that they killed Sara's Black Canary to do it. 

So IMO unless they replace Laurel as Black Canary, (which I made a case for)..her death would be unsurprising. The surprise would be the show letting go of a Black Canary. I don't see them doing that.

Darhk has reason to target Laurel.  1.  He promised Quentin he would and 2. It appears she puts him on trial.

Malcolm has reason to kill Laurel:  It is not a stretch to see Malcolm blaming Laurel for his son's death (the pesky bit about there not being an earthquake is hardly an issue for Malcolm)

The thing that throws me a wee bit is Oliver saying it is his "responsibility" to kill "him" and Felicity insisting the him die.

• Love 1

Darhk has reason to target Laurel.  1.  He promised Quentin he would and 2. It appears she puts him on trial.

Malcolm has reason to kill Laurel:  It is not a stretch to see Malcolm blaming Laurel for his son's death (the pesky bit about there not being an earthquake is hardly an issue for Malcolm)

The thing that throws me a wee bit is Oliver saying it is his "responsibility" to kill "him" and Felicity insisting the him die.

Maybe Oliver feels responsible (not only because he always does) but because he let Malcolm off the hook so many times before.  Felicity has always hated Malcolm and thought that he should be killed in the first place.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 7

This page has a fairly comprehesive set of pics of the graves in arrow...might help solve the mystery of all the gravestones we're seeing:

http://lyricalarrow.tumblr.com/post/140157119076/arrow-graves

The gravestone that KC is filming at looks just like Tommy's. The others don't seem to match. So is it possible Oliver is flashbacking to Tommy's funeral. Maybe he was watching from afar to parallel as he watches Laurel's funeral from afar?

• Love 3

Didn't Oliver and Laurel have a conversation (I think in 4x05) about her being in danger not being his fault? Because I remember thinking it was a weird choice of words since he said something very similar at the grave.

I think despite the little we saw on screen Laurel and Felicity are supposed to be friends. The actresses seem to be sure of it.

• Love 2

The picture of all the guys in the past would seem to be Tommy's funeral as opposed to Sara's, but maybe they will flash to all of them in some way.  It looks like it will be an emotional episode.

It definitely looks good to be Laurel's death and there have definitely been hints at it for awhile now, but I hope there isn't a lot of back stage drama.  I'd much prefer they just decided that they wanted to kill as mask and they killed off the one that made the most sense.  This is Oliver's show and Laurel hasn't fit in a very long time.

But what I REALLY want to know is if Laurel's line about deja vu in the cross over episode ties into this at all.  I know they said they wouldn't "undo" this death, but I don't know if I trust that. 

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 1

I really don't think there's anything to read into what gravestones there are or what they say since they're probably put there to troll us and/or photographers anyway.

Also, Canadagraphs had this to say about the gravestone in front of the casket:

Q: "Did you see the name of the one in front of the casket?"

Canadagraphs: "it didn't have one. Usually grave stones go up well after the funeral. They take time to order & make.

https://twitter.com/canadagraphs/status/704011828896989184

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Love 2

I went and found the scene of Rebecca's funeral and it does look like the same area as the flashback funeral they were filming with KC. So it could be Tommy's funeral (though from what we saw of his grave it's on a hill with no trees around, but again, continuity is not this show's strong suit). 

tumblr_o39tpdqXi61qf67ndo1_540.png

Soooo, I'm pretty convinced it's Laurel.  If all we had were these pictures, then maybe I wouldn't be so sure, but these photos are just one more piece of evidence in a mountain of evidence.  The EPs flew to Vancouver to presumably notify the grave dweller of their upcoming demise, and KC posts a quote about sometimes when things are falling apart, they're really just falling into place.  KC changes her twitter posting habits and twitter photograph/banner, and her mom gets weird on social media.  She cancels her con appearance. She starts posting old photos and dodges questions about what's coming up for her with talk of "female women" power.  None of said female women reply to her gushing praises.  OG Team Arrow members start interacting on social media again.  Beth Schwartz likes a post joking about the name of the death episode being Bye Bye Birdie.  Canada pap guy confirms it's Laurel in the grave.  So yeah, I'm convinced.

What are the chances that Oliver wasn't in any of the photos because SA was the one behind the camera?  The thought had crossed my mind.

Also, since I now believe that it's Laurel...wow, what a shitty way to go out.  She sealed her own fate by insisting that Sara be pitted.  Her actions caused Nyssa to destroy the very Lazarus Pit that could have been used to restore her own life.  And on top of that, her only storyline this season made her look like a deranged lunatic.  Some of my last memories of Laurel will be her chaining her resurrected sister up in her basement.  Good times.

• Love 6

I think Oliver said, "It's not my fault but it is my responsibility". Of course that is all out of context too..

To me, it's the One Perfect Tear that tells me Oliver has an emotional connection on some level to someone in the grave. But Oliver being Oliver he shuts down emotionally so who knows who he's shedding a tear over.

• Love 1

You know, I was going to say that, that gravestones take awhile, and one of his pics looks like there's a temp marker...but Oliver was standing in front of a gravestone in the FF right? And it wasn't like an old grave, bc there was fresh dirt.

These EPs are so terribad at consistency (TWO CHECKS, GUGGIE) that it's probably meaningless.

I think Oliver said, "It's not my fault but it is my responsibility". Of course that is all out of context too..

To me, it's the One Perfect Tear that tells me Oliver has an emotional connection on some level to someone in the grave. But Oliver being Oliver he shuts down emotionally so who knows who he's shedding a tear over.

About this..SA said he didn't know who was in the grave when he filmed that scene. And EBR said they didn't know either when they filmed the scene in the limo. So I don't think their acting choices can tell us much because they didn't know who it was either.

• Love 3

I think it was also telling that they had Sara say good bye to Laurel on both shows, and said good bye to her father on neither. If LoT ends up getting cancelled, Sara could return and pickup the black canary mantle to honor her sister. I'm only kind of joking.

I think the new young woman is someone with a big comic destiny who will be brought on to throw the comics fans a bone.

• Love 5

About this..SA said he didn't know who was in the grave when he filmed that scene. And EBR said they didn't know either when they filmed the scene in the limo. So I don't think their acting choices can tell us much because they didn't know who it was either.

That seems like a such a terrible thing to do to the actor. 

I mean can you imagine if that scene stands as is and it turns out to be someone Oliver barely knows or even hates, like Malcolm. I wouldn't put it past the show.

Poor Stephen. LOL

• Love 2

I think it was also telling that they had Sara say good bye to Laurel on both shows, and said good bye to her father on neither. If LoT ends up getting cancelled, Sara could return and pickup the black canary mantle to honor her sister. I'm only kind of joking.

I think the new young woman is someone with a big comic destiny who will be brought on to throw the comics fans a bone.

I kind of hope not.  I kind of hope she doesn't matter at all.  I'm not trying to be bitchy, but Oliver, Thea, Diggle, Felicity, and Curtis (hopefully) probably are enough for season five.  I also wouldn't mind Nyssa, Vixen, and Roy popping in from time to time, but I kind of don't want a new character to care - or not care about.

• Love 11

If that new person is Talia Al Ghul, I would be a little apprehensive of any lingering league storylines after what we've had so far. 

And personally, I don't really want to see Nyssa sticking around calling Oliver "husband" either.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 9

Whether LoT get cancelled or not, Sara can still be the Black Canary. In fact, it might be CL's extraordinary success on LoT that convinced TPTB that they bet on the wrong canary back in 3x01.

• Love 1

Dude probably got that from us! LOL.  He could have guessed it just like we did. 

Sorry even there is a way for the show to have a Black Canary again I still am super dubious they would leak killing off Laurel. 

Do the PTB really think that Laurel's death would be so traumatic for the audience that they have to brace us for it by leaking set pics and spoiling it? I don't think it would be THAT shocking if she died and it's been speculated about before.

I don't think they TPTB think it's going to be traumatic but it will be a shocker, for sure. Again, not everybody who watches Arrow is on social media and even those who are on social media may not follow it (case in point, most of my friends). So they won't be aware of this (and I'm not gonna spoil it for them). Also, even though we've repeatedly pointed out on this board that LL is the character who could easily be lifted from the narrative without much impact, I believe the general audience would still not expect her just because she's the second billed, she's a mask, etc. Now, will there be a backlash? A little, I'm sure her fans will throw a fit on social media (it's already happening) but not enough to impact the show, IMO.

• Love 2

I don't think Sara will come back to pick up the Black Canary mantle, she's too busy on LoT although that might not get renewed. Maybe Bex gets freed up from her show, or it's Nyssa or Talia.  (I'm concerned about the quality of the acting of the new girl though.)  Or maybe the Black Canary remains a TV character that got killed off, like so many on this show.

Canary Cry  =  Swan Cry, the cry a swan gives as it's about to die.  And it looks like Laurel is about to step up her game in court and possibly in fighting too, which is classic Arrow for someone who is going to die.

I wonder if Quentin Lance would have gone to Tommy's funeral.  Maybe he's remembering Sara's while Oliver is remembering Tommy's and that they were both killed by Malcolm Merlyn as is Laurel (assuming it's her).

No wonder Felicity was so vicious when she said "you have to kill him".  Not only did Malcolm already kill Tommy and Sara, Felicity told Oliver when he came back from the mountain that it's inconceivable to work with MM.  Chickens coming home to roost.

I really wonder how they thought that shooting outdoors at a graveyard was going to be kept a secret. If they wanted to keep it secret they should've held the funeral inside.

Maybe at this point they weren't so concerned with keeping it a secret from the extreme part of the fandom.  As others have said, sometimes it's good to have spoilers of things you don't like because you can prepare yourself for it when it comes.  If it is Laurel, then KC fans needs to prepare themselves.

So... Do you mean she just had a 4 year contract? Weren't we all thinking it was 3 years some time ago?

I think if they needed a big death for show purposes, they would pay any penalty even if she had a 7 year contract because she's the one with the least storyline potential.

• Love 1

I really really don't blame anyone for not believing it, but the CW doesn't get this creative or have that kind of money. It gives them way too much credit.

I don't believe it's a fake out either. When show's film fake outs, don't they usually PR that stuff? Like, we filmed x version so even our cast doesn't know? I vaguely remember show doing that, but I can't remember if the PR was during the filming or after it aired. 

Also, these last few pages have been hilariously entertaining. Every one has their detective hats on, and I love it! Keep up the good work!

basil.gif

• Love 6