Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Seriously, I watch Arrow for Oliver's story... but I really cannot see the show without Diggle on it. I would really have to consider if I could watch the show without Diggle. I mean he is pretty integral to the show working on multiple levels.

Everybody else I could lose with varying degrees of interest and concern for the future of the show. But Arrow without Diggle, I just can't see it.

• Love 5

Diggle is irreplaceable. I mean, the way he just strolled into The Flash tonight was everything. He just fits so seamlessly into everything. Killing him would be nuts. I've been worried for him but I just can't see it tbh.

Isn't it weird that KC hasn't tweeted since Saturday? Not even a RT or like about the interview she did this evening.

I'm sure it's nothing. :-)

but she posted a training session on his instagram today, and she is in vancouver

I've been saying that I think it's Diggle just because it would cause maximum pain for Oliver and Felicity. 

Yes, but fortunately the writers do not believe in logic or sense on this show :)

*Right-click, saving that gif. No, but that is a seriously beautiful gif. It's mesmerizing.

If Felicity does have her surgery for the bio-chip during Oliver's end monologue tomorrow, do you guys think she'll start walking right away/as soon as the next episode (Broken Hearts)? I wonder if she doesn't end up walking right away/the chip seemingly fails and that's one of the reasons Oliver's hallucination wedding ends up really sad because, not only are they broken up but, Felicity's still in the wheelchair. I kinda think the bio-implant will start to work during Beacon of Hope (4x17), maybe.

• Love 2

I really just feel bad for casual viewers at this point. You watch Olicity break up, then in the promo they're getting married. It makes zero sense. ZERO. I wouldn't be surprised if people quit because they're tired of being jerked around. Lord knows I'm close and I read spoilers.

P.S. If these writers had any brains whatsoever, they would kill Laurel. Adds the most opportunity for storytelling from the widest variety of characters. ETA: examples. Team Arrow, both together as a group and individually; Lance; Lance/Donna; Sara over on LoT, Nyssa; the crew in Central City. Diggle would be felt more, but I dare say it would be a smaller circle, mostly TA. QL would be an even smaller circle.

Edited by Princess Vanellope
  • Love 9

Seeing EBR in that wedding photo reminds me of her Nickleback video.

I always thought that it was a Lance in the grave. The question was, would they have the guts to make it Laurel or go for the obvious of Quentin.

Heading into a 3-4 week break off the back of Olicity breaking up? LMAO. This is gonna be fun. 

Or not.

I can't believe they would be stupid enough to go into a month long break just after Olicity broke up.  Oh, wait, after season 3, I can.

• Love 1

Killing Diggle and keeping both Lances would be the writers having no sense whatsoever.

Exactly, the Lances are not that integral to the story which is why killing them is really irrelevant to the narrative. So it makes no sense to keep them on the show, but in show for dramatic effect it makes no sense to kill them either. But I was referring to a poster that was believed killing Diggle would cause the most pain for both FS & OQ. Which if you are trying to write a story that has the most emotional punch killing Diggle would be logical and show a high level of sense at least for that plot (short sighted for the future, but straight through the heart for that final storyline). However, the writers have not written with any priority on logic or sense since s2, so I'm not worried for Diggle.

• Love 1

Please let this be Felicity deciding to start her own company eventually leading to her taking over the Palmer Tech building as shown in LoT.

This is what I thought too, after reading the first interview that came out. But the one for EW is just a mess. Glad to know I wasn't the only one reading it ten thousand times and still not understanding what the hell tha means. However, whatever this new goal is, I hope it's not something that will keep her away from the Team. No, thank you.

So I guess this is what became of those wedding dress photos he "accidentally" posted on his tumblr.

What? When?

I think people often forgets Dig's value because he is, with Felicity, the character who didn't have ties with the GA comics until recently but he is as important to the show as Felicity is and she was the first to be ruled out. That should tell anyone what the EPs think about her importance to the show. I think there's no way they would risk losing Dig, while Roy leaving, even if he was a mask and had ties with the comics, didn't create issues at all because the audience didn't care about him, even if he was in the comics. Dig is a valuable character, others, not so much.

Also they must be really worried if both MG and SA posted the wedding pic. But there was always the option of not doing stupid stuff and alienate the audience. Siiiigh.

• Love 1

Why does that lady officiating look familiar? And that's a pretty high platform with no visible stairs to help someone in heels get up there gracefully.

Edited by bijoux

I am so afraid that the writers will do big mistake again and get rid of a good dynamic and keep a bad one. They are going to break the original team(Oliver/Diggle/Felicity) at the end of the season and probably keeping the uninteresting and unbelievable characters (Laurel/Thea) just because they were in the comics.

They once killed a good character(Sara/Canary) who had great chemistry and dynamic with the established team, fitted well, had her own story and a background and had amazing introduction. And they brought her back from the dead because of the realization of the mistake. And now they are going to kill again a good character and leave Oliver work with boring drama queens. Why just for the shocker loose something that works and is good and be left with something that just feels forced.

Well all this rant is because I have my suspicions on who is in the grave and I don't think it's the right choice but who knows.

The only character who's closer to Felicity is Donna and I'm fairly certain it isn't her.

That is the one thing that I don't get. From what we have seen so far, the only person on the team she should be close to is Diggle. Last season she and Laurel interacted as friends but I still believe that Laurel would mean more to Oliver. However, other than Thea, I feel as though Laurel isn't that close with anybody...How can you be if you are not there for the Christmas nor the engagement party. (Not her fault but still) So would Felicity be that upset if it were any other person than her mom? I feels as though you cannot understand the dynamic if you never show them to be these friends. Last season, Diggle named the kid Sara because she was part of the time and as a memory but if you were supposed to believe that she were really good friends, you'd have to look very closely. Sometimes the get the bonding right and other times it just isn't truly there and therefore I still think it could be a Lance, a Diggle or even Mama Smoak...I still believe it is Lance. MG can say that they have the permission to kill of superhero characters but I have a hard time believing that they'd actually kill BC.

And, am I the only one who doesn't really like the wedding dress? 

I'm a bit late to post, but I have been on the LL-Grave train for pretty much the whole season.

Get ready for some new out of the blue speculation:

I even think they will replace LL with Nyssa (Katrina's is no longer in a another show right) so that S5 of Team Arrow vs Malcolm Merlyn, will have someone who will NOT falter in their resolve to Kill MM since we know Oliver will because....Blood/Plot. They also seem in love with the "husband" jokes, which could give much "hilarity"* leading up to the 100th episode wedding. 

Speaking of.....Wedding Hallucination for sure, and I'm not surprised that this is being "accidentally" spoiled since the BMD drama is off-putting, and they always bring out Olicity stuff when the fandom gets restless.

*Said hilarity will exist mostly in the writer's room/head, since it is already a worn out bit.

• Love 3

I also think Laurel is in the grave, but I fear my support will jinx it for us all.  Therefore my official line is that it's Lance, but do know that in my heart of hearts I think its LL.

I made my statement early on and stuck by it, but I'm too lazy to keep posting it :D

Check out his tumblr posts on Sep 3. Here's an example:http://marcguggenhei...9/wedding-dress

I like the dress in the picture, it's pretty but this dress is beautiful and classic.  Shame they didn't go with this one.

Edited by Morrigan2575

It just looks more like Laurel is in the grave every day lol.I mean its interesting timing that those MG quotes come out now and the show is teasing a huge death.All that build up and hype can only pay off of they actually kill off a mask and team arrow member and I think at this point its down to Laurel.I would think its weird that MG is saying this but on the show killing off Lance and pretty much confirming they won't kill masks.

EBR saying its someone closer to Felicity also fits because thats what they're selling Laurel as,they even did a whole joined interview with KC and EBR about how close Laurel and Felicity are even though we never see it on screen.They're selling the whole team as very close just not actually showing it.

Idk that they would replace her with anyone though.I think they would let the team be OTA and Thea at least for a while.I think they are aware at this point 5 people is a too big team.I see Lyla getting a bigger role if Laurel dies especially now that they made her head of ARGUS and I see Mama Smoak maybe become a regular or at least showing up more.

• Love 1

After reading EBR's latest interview (with EW), I think it really sounds like Felicity is going to be forging her own path separate from Oliver and her Team Arrow duties, which I applaud at this point.  However, it also sounds like the Olicity break-up will last a long time, possibly even until next season (if not longer) - which I have mixed feelings about right now.

Edit: I hate that the show didn't have any focus on Felicity being paralyzed/her dealing with that, and going by the interview there won't be any real focus on Felicity walking again. So what was the point in paralyzing her again? 

The very definition of fan service.*

(* Defined as the "inclusion in a work of fiction of material ... which has no relevance to the storyline and is designed merely to excite the viewer." (source))

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

I think the dress itself is pretty, but it makes EBR look short and dowdy, so I'm glad we're (probably) going to get another one. Dodgy chandelier aside, Oliver's mind does have nice sense of decorating. 

As for the rest of it, I've given up on making any sense of it. I just don't think I care enough to get annoyed or upset at it any more (though I don't how bad the next episode is going to be so don't hold me on that).

Does anyone have a link of the leaked wedding dress? I can't see it.

It's over on Spoilers only. 

I'm really curious to find out what's the new thing Felicity will focus on.I thought training at first but then the second interview made it sound bigger than that so idk.I've seen speculation that she starts her own company but I don't see the point since she already has PT and she managed to save it now,I don't think its that.

I'm pretty sure Olicity is back together by the end of the season.I think they like to give a positive answer to the questions of the season and one of them is can Oliver and Felicity make it as a couple and heroes and overcome obstacles thrown at them.Also they break them up in 4.15.If they did it in like 4.20 I would say no way are they getting back together until season 5 but from 4.15 to 4.23 is plenty of time to resolve it especially on arrow.

• Love 2

Also they must be really worried if both MG and SA posted the wedding pic. But there was always the option of not doing stupid stuff and alienate the audience. Siiiigh.

Sometimes I feel like they want to have their cake and eat it too. You shouldn't alienate people with stupid storylines (which you LOVE) and then turn around and say : "for every idiot, that is upset: Here is a wedding pic. Go crazy and keep coming back!" 

I always thought the paralysis storyline was more for Curtis than for Felicity to be honest. He invents stuff, she can walk again and they both save the company. I am only afraid that when she isn't in the lair that her storyline will be somewhat exclude from the rest. Hopefully not.

• Love 6

Backk to tonight's episode...I hope in Oliver's montage we don't discover he and BM hooked up while Felicity was in a wheelchair. On Flash last night Barry told Diggle that Felicity wasn't returning his calls. So was Oliver intercepting them? I am sure Barry was the excuse for going to CC. I just wonder if the deception was supposed to be an affair but they backed off after 4.09 backlash. BFS was one of the writers on 4.08 and was tweeting about the "feels" during O/BM scenes.

I think the only reason they had Felicity not returning Barry's calls was so that we could see Barry asking after her to further draw ties between the two shows. And I don't think an affair was ever in the cards for Oliver and Samantha - they didn't write any kind of romantic tension between them, and I'm not sure why Oliver would want to sleep with the woman who was making stupid demands of him. I think BFS and the others really were trying to sell this storyline, but for the "feels" of Oliver having a kid and being "stuck" between a being honest or keeping his kid safe (which is bullshit, I know) not because they were trying to get something going between Oliver and Samantha again.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 10

For a couple that breaks up during February sweeps, there usually is a reuinion in May Sweeps.

The EPs are also aware what kind of promo they get without the fans. They not gonna risk it. Especially since the network has given up to actually promoting Arrow.

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 6

I think the only reason they had Felicity not returning Barry's calls was so that we could see Barry asking after her to further draw ties between the two shows. And I don't think an affair was ever in the cards for Oliver and Samantha - they didn't write any kind of romantic tension between them, and I'm not sure why Oliver would want to sleep with the woman who was making stupid demands of him. I think BFS and the others really were trying to sell this storyline, but for the "feels" of Oliver having a kid and being "stuck" between a being honest or keeping his kid safe (which is bullshit, I know) not because they were trying to get something going between Oliver and Samantha again.

They might have done it if this was still an Oliver/Laurel storyline, but even then I'm not so sure. As far as with Oliver and Felicity though, no way would they have even thought about it, especially with the engagement. There is no way they'd come back from that and they know it, especially when they reason that people like Oliver and Felicity, over Oliver and Laurel, is because of the no history of cheating (and admittedly the no lying thing but they know that cheating is a hell of a lot worse).

• Love 1

I'm really curious to find out what's the new thing Felicity will focus on.I thought training at first but then the second interview made it sound bigger than that so idk.I've seen speculation that she starts her own company but I don't see the point since she already has PT and she managed to save it now,I don't think its that.

I'm pretty sure Olicity is back together by the end of the season.I think they like to give a positive answer to the questions of the season and one of them is can Oliver and Felicity make it as a couple and heroes and overcome obstacles thrown at them.Also they break them up in 4.15.If they did it in like 4.20 I would say no way are they getting back together until season 5 but from 4.15 to 4.23 is plenty of time to resolve it especially on arrow.

I've seen speculation of just about everything.  

She's training and putting on a suit to become a masked hero.  

She's starting her own company.  

She's quitting Team Arrow.  

I think the most likely answer is that they're going in a Watchtower direction.  

Felicity is going to search out other possible heroes around the US to help, including Flash, LoT, Vixen, etc  Although it would be funny if Felicity and Lyla team up to turn ARGUS into a force for good instead of shady government organization.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

I really don't believe Felicity will take time away from Team Arrow, especially not after what she said in 401 about liking what they do and it giving her purpose. Not even splitting with Oliver is gonna take that away from her. And I'm glad because in no way do I want to watch this show with Felicity separate from everyone else.

I don't know what her new goal is but if she's looking into herself to see what she really wants to do, I wouldn't be surprised if she gets back to basics and does something with tech/computers or whatever that involves.

Although it would be funny if Felicity and Lyla team up to turn ARGUS into a force for good instead of shady government organization.

I like this. I want this.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 5

I'd love to see Lyla and Felicity team up and lead ARGUS, it would be awesome.

Anyway SA posted a BTS video while they were filming 4x16 and they were in the lair and Emily was there dressed as Felicity and so were David and Willa so it seems like she will keep working with the team. Maybe they'll make her take a break during the break and we won't see it on screen.