Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Quentin gets them the most bang for their buck. The audience might be upset, but not angry, so it's unlikely they'd lose any viewers over it since Quentin is pretty much a nonentity. The characters would be pretty upset about it though, so there'd be the potential for dramatic payoff. It's the easiest choice, so probably the one they'll make. 

• Love 10

And it gives Laurel a storyline for S5.  She becomes the bitter, vengeance-driven vigilante (like S1 Oliver) and Oliver & Team Arrow will try to rein her in and bring her back from the dark side (like S2 Sara).

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

And it gives Laurel a storyline for S5.  She becomes the bitter, vengeance-driven vigilante (like S1 Oliver) and Oliver & Team Arrow will try to rein her in and bring her back from the dark side (like S2 Sara).

Please...just no!  I really don't want to watch that at all.

• Love 7

I think killing Lance is the safest choice but considering how much they are using his role as a police captain and the lack of people in that age range on the show it wouldn't be the smartest IMO.

The people who don't have unique skills or a real purpose on the show are Laurel and Thea. They seem unable to integrate Laurel's day job in the SL and all the lines they are currently giving her could be taken out or given to someone else without anything changing. Thea instead has a SL but it's a repeat of what she was given in S3. I don't believe for a second they could kill Thea off by the way, just pointing out that she and Laurel have the same role inside the team.

• Love 2

Quentin gets them the most bang for their buck. The audience might be upset, but not angry, so it's unlikely they'd lose any viewers over it since Quentin is pretty much a nonentity. The characters would be pretty upset about it though, so there'd be the potential for dramatic payoff. It's the easiest choice, so probably the one they'll make. 

This scenario makes the most sense, given the writers' and MG's history. They've consistently chosen the easiest path, the least creative path, with the exception of actually putting Oliver and Felicity together, and nothing I've seen tells me that's going to change any time soon. I haven't even been able to watch the past two episodes; they're sitting on my DVR and I'll probably erase them, unwatched. I can't muster the enthusiasm to slog through all the stupid. MG and the writers congratulate themselves, thinking they're being daring by strewing despair, fruit of the needless secrets and lies, all over our heroes, when it all just feels like a tiresome retread of stories we've seen a thousand times before. It's really all just a circle-jerk, fed by ego and disdain for their audience.

Sorry I'm being so melodramatic, but it seems apropos given the dreck that's been dumped on us…

I need more coffee.

• Love 8

It's always been Quentin as the most likely person for me.  I was just hoping for something more creative and shocking.

I totally don't think it's Donna, but I saw that scene in gifs, and Felicity's "Are you?" came off way more as deflection of his question than a real question.

It also suggests it's someone who is equally close to both Felicity and Oliver, or at least closer to Oliver than Felicity. If it were Donna, she would be wrapped up in her grief rather than asking if he was grieving too.  So it's probably Lance, Laurel or Thea.

Also if they want Noah back next season, it makes sense to keep Donna around for him.

I have to say I am disappointed that the writers chose to avoid what little could be done to show Oliver's conflict. I had speculated a while back that he could have been calling/visiting Samantha to redefine the terms, they could have had him starting to tell Felicity and then being interrupted, but no, we had Thea green lighting him, so it's all fine. .

I love the optimism.  And this could have been the saving of this storyline too.

I, for one, hate the idea that Oliver would lie to Felicity because he's afraid of losing her. That's problematic for me. One should be in a relationship because one wants to, not because they don't have all the info.

I agree that she should be in because she knows the facts and still wants to.  But having Oliver lie to her because he's afraid of losing Felicity makes him look a bit less bad in all this. Without that, he's lying to her either because he doesn't respect her enough to give her the truth before they get married, or because he's respecting Samantha more than Felicity.  Samantha, who gets more of a scumbag the more we know about her.

Right - I'd just like it to be something along the lines of huh, I guess it wasn't ALL Sara's fault (because you just know that Laurel blamed her sister more than Ollie back in the day) and wow, that relationship was so NOT what I thought it was.

That would be so awesome.  Sara was the evil person from the pilot and it would make both Laurel and Sara more multi-dimensional.  It would also show growth in Laurel who still sees things in black and white.

• Love 2

Surely that would once again bring out all the people who believe that the only way Laurel can have a storyline is if they kill off someone for said storyline. 

Surely that would once again bring out all the people who believe that the only way Laurel can have a storyline is if they kill off someone for said storyline. 

The writers don't care about that though, so I wouldn't use it as a point against QL in the grave, personally.

• Love 3

The writers don't care about that though, so I wouldn't use it as a point against QL in the grave, personally.

Of course, they don't. I just am just simply baffled sometimes why they decide to repeat the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. Same goes for probably every storyline regarding lies, trust or Malcolm. Maybe it truly is insanity.

But then again they probably think: What do viewers enjoy most after BMD?? Lance family drama, of course!!!

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 7

If they really wanted to be smart, they'd bring back Ra's al Ghul, and have him, I don't know, force Oliver to fight him or something. Maybe something to do with Thea? Then maybe Oliver and Nyssa could reiterate that they're married a couple times, and all this stuff could, like, threaten Star City. It'd be BRILLIANT!

• Love 2

The spoilers indicating that this will be a Lance-heavy episode have me feeling a little better about it not being Diggle. If things were indicating a Diggle-heavy episode, I'd be panicking. I think it is definitely going to be a Lance. I'm actually ok with that, either way it goes. Obviously I'll be more ok with it one way than the other, but I can live with the other.

• Love 6

Episode stills are floating around.

It looks like Laurel is comforting BM in the Lair. If BM is more comfortable with Oliver after finding out he is GA, I call BS.

I don't think a surprise death at the end of the episode would be 'elegant' enough for them. Not that I would surprised if they have Lance die at the end of a big Laurel episode. I could really see that.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 4

Honestly, at this point I am sure they are setting up Felicity to be the bad guy in the break up. They had Thea validate his choices in the past episode, and I am sure Laurel and Diggle will too once they find out that a) Oliver has a kid and b) the kid was kidnapped by DD. So of course Oliver was making the right choices. 

Isn't letting the baby mama in on the secret going to bring even more danger to her and the kid's life? 

• Love 2

But Oliver *wasn't* making the right choice because he kept his stupid promise and the kid got abducted anyway.

Now that I think about it, I should've expected Laurel to not be upset about BM. It's not like she didn't know Ollie cheated on multiple times. She kept taking him back anyway. Why should she be mad that this particular hookup produced a child?

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2

It looks like Laurel is comforting BM in the Lair. If BM is more comfortable with Oliver after finding out he is GA, I call BS.

I'll hold off judgement until I figure out *why* they tell her he's the Green Arrow, but that seems like the stupidest fucking decision in the whole world? Like, the one thing she was terrified about regarding letting Oliver in the kid's life is happening, and so she knows the kid's a target by being Oliver's kid, and he chooses THAT moment to let her know that hey, he's also a super hero with a shit load of enemies, which would put the kid in MORE danger if this whole thing gets out? And shows her were his lair is so she has an exact address to give the authorities if she wants to turn him in? 

Of course, if this all winds up being too much for her and gets her to take her kid and get the hell out of town, then I'm cool with it. If it results in her deciding Oliver is now worthy to be a father to his son, then...I might throw things.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 15

Pics are out from the next episode. Laurel "embraces" BM, and they tell BM Oliver's the Green Arrow. JFC. That HAGGISH LYING HO can know he's the GA, but Felicity couldn't know SHE'D BE A STEPMOM.

They have zero respect for Felicity. The writers and the damn Queens.

https://twitter.com/filmsy101/status/700817613694353408

I agree. Malcolm got more respect because he is Thea's biological brother. Either you share blood with the Queens or you can go sit in the corner.

The pic of Felicity smiling next to BM and LL makes me uncomfortable in a way I can't even explain, lol

• Love 10

LMAO I knew it! Look at Saint Laurel, embracing Samantha. Hahahahaha. They've really screwed Felicity over with this one.

No no no no no!!!!!!!!

Maybe - just maybe - it's just a "we'll find your son. this is what we do." comment.  And maybe BM will come to realize she shouldn't have made Oliver make such a stupid promise.

Is it too much to hope that BM will apologize to Oliver in front of everyone for making him keep such a secret?

Oh hell, how am I kidding?  However this can go wrong - it's going to go wrong.  I'm going to hate it and there is no saving it.

Shit.

Oh and if they have Laurel truly "embracing" BM and not being at all mad that Oliver knocked another woman up while he was with her - they might as well kill her off.  I mean the one thing I could count on Laurel for was anger when anger was appropriate and even when it wasn't.  What the hell?  If she doesn't get mad and Felicity does - we know they want to have Oliver come out looking good.

• Love 9

Felicitys knowledge (or lack thereof) had zero to do with the Kid being taken. It's on Oliver. He should have stayed away. But he didn't. He should have told the Team to place safeguards. He didn't. Instead he made trips down there to see the kid. Boy I wonder how Malcolm found out. That moron.

This episode has to end with BM and Kid getting into Agrus witness protection. And someone has to point out the stupidity of Olivers arguments. Diggle and Lance are fathers, both should be coming down hard on him.

But I don't see it happening. At all. They are going to be understanding of Olivers situation and tell him they would do the same thing. Totally Twitter watching this episode. Thank goodness for the east coast.

• Love 8

Wow with those photo stills I just have feeling that episode 4x15 is going to suck royally. My stomach literally flipped when I saw her in the Green Arrow lair and Felicity there ALL smiles. I'm sorry they wrote this in a way were Oliver's concerns (even though he & baby Mama showed a real lack of them) will be justified even more. I think they are letting her in on the Green Arrow portion (I can't with this show) to hopefully justify the dangerous and NOT play boy life style Oliver leads and therefore she and William will go into ARGUS protection. I'm so pissed right now I can't even think straight. Those BASTARD writers!

No wonder Laurel embraces her she has the same RBF and folded arms stance that she does! Ugh this show!

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 2

Based on Samantha's dumb request for the lie, she should want her son away from Oliver even more now that she knows he's GA. If she doesn't then this was all just set up to split up Olicity and make Felicity look like a fool and the bad guy for expecting honesty and respect.

Hahaha I hate everything.

Don't they have women on their team who could have told them that sure, helping someone in need is always the right thing to do, but if that someone either screwed your boyfriend behind your back or made him lie to your face for months you might want to do it from at least a 20 meters distance?

Don't they have women on their team who could have told them that sure, helping someone in need is always the right thing to do, but if that someone either screwed your boyfriend behind your back or made him lie to your face for months you might want to do it from at least a 20 meters distance?

I wonder if BM will apologize to Laurel and the two of them hug it out!

I wonder if she's the one Laurel's explaining Vixen to in the previews. I mean, why not tell her about magic. Maybe Oliver will spill the beans about time travel, too!

Well of course. She's the MOTHER OF HIS CHILD. How could he keep that from her? That trumps everything!

• Love 13

I wonder if she's the one Laurel's explaining Vixen to in the previews. I mean, why not tell her about magic. Maybe Oliver will spill the beans about time travel, too!

And then Oliver can top it off by telling her the complete story about the 5 years he was away. Maybe let her in on Barry being the Flash too?

• Love 15

I just want a scene of BM apologizing to Felicity and Felicity saying she understands and she may have done same thing because they didnt know each other. And then Oliver comes up behind her with a relieved smile and she promptly shuts him down with a you know me and you have no excuse.

• Love 3

Felicity is probably gonna see a family reunion scene with Oliver, garbage human and their son who doesn't know what stranger danger is, and she'll tell him to go be the family she never had growing up. And the worst thing is Oliver won't fight against it.

Because I'm not getting a screaming break up from any of those pictures tbh.

Wow does Felicity deserve better than all of this crap.

I just want a scene of BM apologizing to Felicity and Felicity saying she understands and she may have done same thing because they didnt know each other. And then Oliver comes up behind her with a relieved smile and she promptly shuts him down with a you know me and you have no excuse.

Oh shit, at this rate Laurel AND Felicity will probably apologize to HER!

Laurel will say she's sorry that she kept Oliver away from her and the baby when they were in college.  "If I had known he had that kind of obligation to someone, I would have totally step aside. I'm so sorry he wasn't there for you. Don't worry, he'll be there for you and William now.  He's good like that."

Then Felicity will say, "I'm sorry our relationship and my time in the hospital kept Oliver from focusing totally on you and William.  He'll make up for it now, I promise."

Then yes, yes, we will get Felicity telling Oliver to go take care of his son - she will be fine on her own.  William needs him now.

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 2

Felicity is probably gonna see a family reunion scene with Oliver, garbage human and their son who doesn't know what stranger danger is, and she'll tell him to go be the family she never had growing up. And the worst thing is Oliver won't fight against it.

Because I'm not getting a screaming break up from any of those pictures tbh.

Wow does Felicity deserve better than all of this crap.

That's how I see it happening too-- a soft breakup with Felicity giving back the ring and saying he needs time to figure out his new situation and priorities.

Felicity does deserve better than the stupid, lying Queen family that puts blood relations above all else. Reveal all to the MOTHER OF YOUR CHILD, risk everything to save your SISTER'S FATHER.

I'm not tuning in to see this crap.

• Love 11

LOL Diggles look at the BM in one of those stills. He looks like he is not having it at all.

They can give her Saint Buckles but give Felicity Diggle. I need a scene like TOD (yep I typed that) where Felicity is keeping it together but Diggle takes a moment to make sure she is okay.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 5

They better have someone on Felicity's side in all of this because this just looks like they're elevating that Garbage Human into something she's not. Seriously. I'm out.

Fuck the writers I cannot believe Laurel Embracing BM and I can not believe the morons out there that condone MALCOLM a Huge POS knowing about the baby but yes he should keep it from Felicity. Felicity will never look like the Bad guy in dumping his ass in my eyes

WAT. THE. ACTUAL. FUCK.

Godsdamn these stupid ass writers. WHY WHY WHY WHY WOULD YOU EVER TELL BM

Fuck this.

I am so angry right now.

And LAUREL is really going to embrace the BM who cheated on HER WITH OLIVER.

Just when I think this show can't do anything more stupid....they do.

fvwdp5.jpg

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 4

They better have someone on Felicity's side in all of this because this just looks like they're elevating that Garbage Human into something she's not. Seriously. I'm out.

It SHOULD be Diggle cause Oliver's fucked him over before

Can people tear into the writers for this Bullshit

The way this is shaping up it seems as though they are going to justify baby mama's stance of making Oliver keep that promise. I can just hear her saying - "I thought your life style as a play boy would endanger MY son, now this the "Green Arrow" really Oliver?' But they can't go as far as to have her say "Why did you continue to visit William knowing you are the Green Arrow or better yet seeing what happened to your fiance, but yet you continued to put William (or right now they let her refer to William as Oliver's son to try and milk an emotional reaction from Oliver and the audience) in danger." So this dumb story line will have further reaching repercussions way after this episode ends. Arrow really loves shooting itself with that stupidity bow

• Love 1