Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

That theory that someone floated about saving it for the break-up fallout is not without merit.

We have basically nothing about Thea now that her bloodlust is gone, don't we? Unless Alex is a rotten egg. 

• Love 1

I know I'm in the minority but I don't want them back together by 423 just to rush a reunion for the season finale.  That could change depending on how the breakup happens but I'd be perfectly content with them not getting back together until 501.  Then again, I'm still annoyed the Felicity forgave Oliver in 323 after that LoA/Ra's shit and gave up her life in SC to runaway with him.  

The problem for me with not having them back together by the end of this season is that it likely means there is zero chance of them being back together before 5-09, winter hiatus (only for Oliver to probably get amnesia and forget that he ever loved her)  I don't think I would survive a summer hearing about all the ship stalls or new directions the show might be headed in. 

Which probably means that is exactly what is going to happen.  "Will Felicity forgive Oliver?  Who is the mystery woman in Oliver's life?  Is Felicity too late?  Will they find themselves in each other ever again?   You'll have to keep tuning in this fall to find out!"

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 7

The problem for me with not having them back together by the end of this season is that it likely means there is zero chance of them being back together before 5-09, winter hiatus (only for Oliver to probably get amnesia and forget that he ever loved her)  I don't think I would survive a summer hearing about all the ship stalls or new directions the show might be headed in. 

Which probably means that is exactly what is going to happen.  "Will Felicity forgive Oliver?  Who is the mystery woman in Oliver's life?  Is Felicity too late?  Will they find themselves in each other ever again?   You'll have to keep tuning in this fall to find out!"

Yeah that sounds unappealing waiting till next season for Olicity to reunite from unneeded BMD Bullshit

• Love 1

*gasp* YOU TAKE THAT BACK.

• Love 3

Worse. Amnesia back to S1 Oliver where he was supposedly head over heels in love with LL 

O_O

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I hope this does happen because that's going to be hilarious. Not only would we get SA trying to hide his 'nope' face, we'll also get hilarious reactions from Diggle, Thea and of course Mama Smoak. And Lance if he lives that long. 

• Love 5

From that seat42f interview with Charlotte:

What can you tease about what is upcoming?

CHARLOTTE:  [snip]  Sometimes a mother-daughter relationship can switch in an odd way where the daughter can become the one that is helping the mom and giving her advice.  Felicity is such a strong character, and sometimes Donna is strong and sometimes she is not so strong and really needs her daughter’s help in a lot of ways.  The other thing I can say is Donna relies on Lance — and what he does for a living and being a wonderful, trustworthy boyfriend — he has a lot of decisions to make because of his alignment with Damien Darhk.  I’m excited for this episode because there are a lot of great things that might happen!

I'm still thinking that it's Lance that's biting it, unfortunately.  

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I hope this does happen because that's going to be hilarious. Not only would we get SA trying to hide his 'nope' face, we'll also get hilarious reactions from Diggle, Thea and of course Mama Smoak. And Lance if he lives that long.

I think there would be some side eye across the entire Flarrowverse! :)

• Love 1

Regarding the sneak peak, I guess that the shot of Oliver that some people thought was the kid info being dropped on the debate actually wasn't, so that's something. Thea's line about Mrs. Darhk looking into them had a feel of foreshadowing to me, though.

Loved the wedding invitation and Oliver taking it so stoically. 

• Love 2

"Maybe less glitter." LOL

Haha, no, it's real.

Nope at the end of the clip. Wedding invitation.

Thanks, I just watched the sneak peak and saw it.  That was amusing

Oppositional research. Hint hint

She didn't have to do much research when Malcolm just handed it to them but year, Anvil #1

Edited by Morrigan2575

Per SA (at Dallas ComicCon), there's a scene at the end of 415 that's like 3-1/2 to 4 minutes long and that, except for cuts away for certain montage-type things, the camera never cuts off Oliver.

I've been thinking about what this montage could be... and I thought of the Godfather-type montage where old Michael thinks back on all the women he's loved and lost.  SA also said that Olicity fans wouldn't be happy with the end of 415 and he apologized for it.  Now I'm thinking that the montage will try to make viewers think the O/F breakup is permanent.

Alternatively, the montage could be Oliver thinking back on all the people he's loved and lost, and then all the people he now loves and wants to protect.

(P.S. I posted the 414 sneak peek video and the Seat42F interview with CR in the Spoilers thread before coming to read this thread, so I didn't know they had been posted here already.)

• Love 2

Now I'm thinking that the montage will try to make viewers think the O/F breakup is permanent.

Of course it will. I have no doubt it'll look like a permanent breakup. And then the next night LoT will rub it in, and then 416 will make it even clearer that they're never ever ever ever getting back together.

Except they will, because television.

• Love 9

They do risk losing some viewers that way, though.

If the EPs are trying to match S2 for shock value, I wonder if they'll go overboard trying to convince us that one character is going to die and then do a last minute switch and kill off another character?

I'm still on the Quentin death train.  I briefly considered Laurel, but I think the EPs will stick with Laurel and also Malcolm (for whatever reason) until the bitter end.  

Just 'no' to Diggle - or Donna for that matter.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Give me all the cute moments like that sneak peek before the big reveal happens, plz! I wonder if it was real glitter or CGI.

I don't think it's been explicitly stated on the show, but does DD know Oliver is GA? I was trying to figure out if Mrs D knows from that back-and-forth with Oliver and I'm undecided.

• Love 1

Now I really need Donna to become a superhero in a pink cape and pink glitter heels.  Think of the contrast to all that dark leather!

And it serves Oliver right for inviting her to Star City back in the fall.

Are they having Lance break up with Donna to prepare us for Felicity breaking up with Oliver?  Or will Lance and Donna get through it together, only to be even more devastated when he dies?  #ArrowLighterSeason.

I loved Oliver fencing with Ruve.  Unless she's figured out that he knows who she is, she's not as bright as she thinks she is.

But did DD's minions write plant a fake bio for her. She had a child, that's pretty hard to hide unless you're altering records.  I guess she never declared the girl as a dependent on her income taxes.

I'm getting very tired of Oliver's "we have to fight them in the light" speech. It was good the first couple of times against Darhk but now it's just old.

Expecto Patronum!

Worse. Amnesia back to S1 Oliver where he was supposedly head over heels in love with LL 

You mean like this fanfic Better Than I Know Myself?  I'm not surprised the writers don't read fanfic, everything has been done.

I’m just as confused and scared as anyone else, so they’ve done a good job with that. We really don’t know and it’s a dialogue we have on set every day. Anyone who’s pretending they’re safe is lying. Everyone is scared and wondering what’s going on.

Well that's a lovely atmosphere they've created on set.  Wonder if at this point CR really doesn't know aka perhaps she didn't get a script if she's not in the episode, or is she following a company line like SA? 

• Love 2

I'm getting very tired of Oliver's "we have to fight them in the light" speech. It was good the first couple of times against Darhk but now it's just old.

Generally I agree, but I love the use of it here with Oliver passive aggressively letting Ruve know he knows she's married to DD.

• Love 1

I wonder if Felicity  would be at a victory party.

From the Den of Iniquity scene, it looks like it's Quentin's turn for the Death Anvils this episode.

MM fits in there really easily.

Getting Diggle nervous again.

Edited by BkWurm1

Loved the wedding invitation and Oliver taking it so stoically.

Along with it being hilarious, it's also kind of the moment that Queen for mayor came off as most convincing. He's just so collected and calm that it's reassuring.

"Dark Horse" okay Oliver that was a little heavyhanded.

I enjoyed his saltiness. That's something that's really only been present in early island flashbacks. This thing with Ruve's got potential. It's different than Oliver's interactions with Darhk. So she's the woman behind the man? At least at Evil Inc's HQ? She really seemed like a non-entity as far as the others were concerned.

Can you imagine if Roy witnessed Oliver getting all that glitter in his face?

• Love 6

If Diggle dies I will not only be very, very, very sad but also super mad. Like really mad. Like I cannot imagine the show without him. Lance, I could live without, Laurel too, even Thea but I just cannot imagine the show without Diggle. If they really want to change to whole nature of the show, they kill Diggle. I don't know if the show without Diggle, would still be a show worth watching. (Frankly I'd also feel horrible for poor fictional Baby Sara)

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 8

Overdue for a #DialogueTease... #Arrow

"Whomever you owe money to is going to have to get up pretty early in the morning to take me on."

No idea

"She’s fine. She’s probably just busy playing 'Pin the Junk on the Hunk' or something."

Felicity about Donna

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

"She’s fine. She’s probably just busy playing 'Pin the Junk on the Hunk' or something."

Why Donna is late to meet someone?

"Whomever you owe money to is going to have to get up pretty early in the morning to take me on."

Donna to a worried Quentin who won't tell her what's wrong.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

If Diggle dies I will not only be very, very, very sad but also super mad. Like really mad. Like I cannot imagine the show without him. Lance, I could live without, Laurel too, even Thea but I just cannot imagine the show without Diggle. If they really want to change to whole nature of the show, they kill Diggle. I don't know if the show without Diggle, would still a show worth watching. (Frankly I'd also feel horrible for poor fictional Baby Sara)

yup, it would be sad when I think that the writers did not know who was in the tomb in episode 1, lol