Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

This is reminding me a lot of when people couldn't accept that Felicity was going to be paralyzed.

There was no reason for that line except for setup that he's visiting the kid. It sucks, I get it, but it is happening. 

Unless one of us is a crew, staff or writing member in disguise, none of us can say for sure yet it IS happening. :)

• Love 1

Unless one of us is a crew, staff or writing member in disguise, none of us can say for sure yet it IS happening. :)

What other reason would they have written him mentioning he's been back and forth to Central City? Where he has a kid. And no other reason to visit?

Edited by AyChihuahua

YESSS!!!!! I love that ending! Finally Oliver has a full on inarguable reason to kill Malcolm!

But will he? Probably not. 

Also, THIS REALLY IS FINAL DESTINATION: STAR(LING) CITY. EVERYONE WHO DIED IN THE ORIGINAL TIMELINE IS GOING TO COME CLOSE TO DEATH YESSSSS

• Love 5

Okay, after that superfriends handshake, I now firmly believe MM is the "him" that Oliver is going to kill. I don't think it's because of Thea's current condition either, but some as yet unseen nefarious deed that MM will be tied to. 

• Love 4

Seriously. I don't want you involved in our kid's life because it's too dangerous. Don't tell anyone OMG! but sure come for multiple visits after you got shot at by a villain, outed said villain, and then got shot at by said villain again WHICH PARALYZED YOUR FIANCEE. Fucking ridiculous. 

This, this, this!!!!! These are some dumb ass writers sometime hell what am I say most of the time!!

What other reason would they have written him mentioning he's been back and forth to Central City? Where he has a kid. And no other reason to visit?

It was a short line that no one reacted to, and while the writers on this show are lazy as fuck, the way the line was written makes it unclear whether or not he's referring to new visits or the visits he took to Central City before Felicity got shot. It seems to me that if they were setting up a lie, they'd have him indicate why he was going there in the first place so we'd know what lie he was telling Felicity. Or maybe it's just lazy-ass writing. Being unsure isn't necessarily being in denial. It legit was not clear what he was talking about. 

I know people have tweeted at MG asking him for clarification, and if he indicates that Oliver has been going back and forth to visit the kid, then okay. 

• Love 4

But will he? Probably not. 

Also, THIS REALLY IS FINAL DESTINATION: STAR(LING) CITY. EVERYONE WHO DIED IN THE ORIGINAL TIMELINE IS GOING TO COME CLOSE TO DEATH YESSSSS

Didn't everybody in CC die? That's a lot of anvils to drop. :) Although it does seem like everyone will be spending some time in the you might be dead seat, until we finally have a winner.  I doubt it's TQ or MM because its too soon. So let's keep that spin the death bottle going. It's like we're watching the Arrow writers live out their own twisted game of 7 minutes in Heaven. It really is like they are all still in junior high in the writers room.

The moment Oliver said it - I was thinking, he HAS to be talking about the cross over episode, right?  Plus, no one around him blinked an eye at it.  I know it could be setup, but it really doesn't seem like he's had time to - unless he is borrowing Littlefinger's jet pack.  I mean Barry's been busy too.

• Love 7

The moment Oliver said it - I was thinking, he HAS to be talking about the cross over episode, right?  Plus, no one around him blinked an eye at it.  I know it could be setup, but it really doesn't seem like he's had time to - unless he is borrowing Littlefinger's jet pack.  I mean Barry's been busy too.

They totally could be setting up a lie, but everyone seemed to know exactly what he was referring to, and if these were recent, new visits, I at least thought they'd have Oliver say "I've been going back and forth to Central City for (BIG GROSS LIE)," so we'd at least think to question it? More than people are, I mean.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 6

I thought they were setting up the lie but no one having any reaction to it also kinda made me think he meant the crossovers so i'm not sure really.I'm not suprised if he went to visit the kid though its dumb since the danger around him is the reason BM wants him to lie.I don't see how they could explain her allowing him near the kid after what happened to Felicity just because she's connected to Oliver and I don't see how Oliver would risk that while DD is after him.But they could gloss over it to make the lie more dramatic i guess,it wouldn't suprise me.

Yeah, I'm sorry. They definitely threw the back and forth to CC ine in there to show Oliver has been visiting William. They seem to be rushing threw everything in the back half, they never even mentioned a wedding but it's apparently fast approaching. They also pushed up the PT/Tech storyline.

• Love 7

So the thing I find interesting about WM's interview with TVLine (posted in Spoilers thread)....what happened to "we've always known who her father is"?

MG Lies a lot :p. Also I think that they had a plan but they changed it at some point. 

• Love 2

Yeah, I'm sorry. They definitely threw the back and forth to CC ine in there to show Oliver has been visiting William. They seem to be rushing threw everything in the back half, they never even mentioned a wedding but it's apparently fast approaching. They also pushed up the PT/Tech storyline.

If this was indeed the reveal that he's been zipping up to Central City on the regular, I wish they would've just added another few words to explain what exactly everyone thinks he's doing up there, since this is the first we've heard of it. Unless every single one of them gets a case of the plot stupids and doesn't bother to be even remotely curious about it. 

Felicity's going to dump Oliver so why dwell on the bull shit? It'll come to blows soon and then the death and the season finale reckoning. I'll worry about it then. I almost wish Felicity will find a another new love and people will be Oh she's with a great guy. Oliver can hook with Laurel and us Oliver fans will get what we deserve for liking the bastard >.<

• Love 2
(edited)

If this was indeed the reveal that he's been zipping up to Central City on the regular, I wish they would've just added another few words to explain what exactly everyone thinks he's doing up there, since this is the first we've heard of it. Unless every single one of them gets a case of the plot stupids and doesn't bother to be even remotely curious about it.

Oh, there will be total plot stupids. I just think the whole thing is stupid. He had to lie, for plot. He had to go to CC, for plot. He has to love Poppy, for plot. I hate Guggie, he's a plot first, screw the characters kind of thinker

On another note, I'm now curious to see how Felicity walks again. Looks like the tech route is out, since the PT tech is a battery. Maybe she will just heal naturally

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4

On another note, I'm now curious to see how Felicity walks again. Looks like the tech route is out, since the PT tech is a battery. Maybe she will just heal naturally

I'm leaning towards healing naturally, too. They've given themselves more than enough room to not have that be ridiculous, though I really wonder why Donna was so emphatic that Felicity was NEVER. GOING. TO. WALK. AGAIN. only to say it might be permanent one episode later. They need better script supervisors. 

• Love 1

I feel like they pushed the PT meeting forward because everyone just assumed that meeting would be used to help Felicity walk again. I'm guessing they're trying to surprise us. Or maybe they really are just gonna keep Felicity in a wheelchair permanently now. THANKS SO MUCH, SHOW. LOL.

I'm leaning towards healing naturally, too. They've given themselves more than enough room to not have that be ridiculous, though I really wonder why Donna was so emphatic that Felicity was NEVER. GOING. TO. WALK. AGAIN. only to say it might be permanent one episode later. They need better script supervisors.

I think that was done for DRAMA! Just the suspense to add to the episode ending...typical cliffy.
  • Love 1

I feel like they pushed the PT meeting forward because everyone just assumed that meeting would be used to help Felicity walk again. I'm guessing they're trying to surprise us. Or maybe they really are just gonna keep Felicity in a wheelchair permanently now. THANKS SO MUCH, SHOW. LOL.

They also could've forgotten that they wrote it as being 6 months away initially. It's tough to tell with this lot. 

Because Donna is just some dumb woman. Clearly she was too emotional to hear the doctors properly. I jest,  but I don't put it past them to throw Donna under the bus.

In reality, I also believe that they realized they bit off more than they could chew with doing a paralysis story properly, so they chickened out and start to back track as  soon as they could. Since it was always about drama and plot, they never really bothered to research stuff until it was too late to take back the paralysis - but just enough time to back paddle. Plus now they can feel so PC cool that they dabbled in a disability story.

They also could've forgotten that they wrote it as being 6 months away initially. It's tough to tell with this lot.

Felicity mentioned that they pushed it up from April to now. So the show knew it eas supposed to be in April they just seemed to want to check it off the list now. I'm guessing they're trying to clear everything off the board before the death.

Felicity mentioned that they pushed it up from April to now. So the show knew it eas supposed to be in April they just seemed to want to check it off the list now. I'm guessing they're trying to clear everything off the board before the death.

Ah, thanks. I missed that. I missed a lot of things in this ep, haha. 

Because Donna is just some dumb woman. Clearly she was too emotional to hear the doctors properly. I jest,  but I don't put it past them to throw Donna under the bus.

In reality, I also believe that they realized they bit off more than they could chew with doing a paralysis story properly, so they chickened out and start to back track as  soon as they could. Since it was always about drama and plot, they never really bothered to research stuff until it was too late to take back the paralysis - but just enough time to back paddle. Plus now they can feel so PC cool that they dabbled in a disability story.

But guys, Felicity was TOTALLY moving her legs a couple of episodes ago. Didn't you SEE? She can tots walk. Dumb docs :)

I highly doubt she'll stay paralyzed. If anything, I can imagine Oliver stealing Damien's magical herbs/magical LP water and using that to cure Felicity. I do not put it past this show.

I choose to think that only MG is all for this BMD storyline, and that the writers this past episode were forced to put a line in about Central City so that the reveal next episode won't be an entire surprise. But the writers decided to give a big ole 'FUCK YOU' to MG and make it as subtle as possible, so anything can be interpreted, because they hate this shitty storyline as much as the rest of us, the cast included. So, in their minds, Oliver has going back and forth to Central City for STAR Labs' help in getting Felicity to walk again. Harry is totally being blackmailed into making a device to help Felicity at least with her wheelchair, and Barry, Cisco, Caitlin and Iris are figuring out ways to take a little bit of Barry's speed and pass it to Felicity for healing purposes. See? What an awesome fiance!

Yep, none of y'all can convince me otherwise until I HAVE to deal with the truth. 

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 10

For all the speculation about SA and EBR's relationship off-screen, and by that, I mean the lack of joint interviews, social media, not encouraging the crazies, etc. - not anything hinky, neither one holds back on-screen.

The winks and arm holding and smooches - it's gonna hurt like a motherfucker when this breakup happens. I wholeheartedly believe this is not the way this couple should be written, but I can't deny that TPTB aren't going to get a reaction from me. 

• Love 9

You're right. They do seem to be rushing things. Not that they don't usually, but they seem to be rushing things that were set up to happen later on. Could it mean they've changed tracks on what they want to do and now want to get stuff out of the way before they proceed to their new ideas?

EVERYONE in Central City is going to have a real sucky year, aren't they.   Maybe they'll get lucky and the whole city will be at risk again...actually, LoT had a storyline that potentially had all of Central City bombed and under anarchist rule by 2016 (Ray's fault), maybe that will count.   

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

La, la, la, la, la.  I can't hear you! 

I don't think it will be permanent but it might get pushed until next year.  Grrr.

Technically, Donna never said the Doctor said that Felicity would never walk.  She said there was nothing the doctors could do.  It could have just been  Donna's fears rushing out, not facts from  the doctor.  (Logical fears since the doctors don't think she can recover) 

Soooo, that confirms that the death happens in April?  (Since we finally have confirmation on when six months is up.)  Least that rules out the very last few episodes of the season. 

Yep all cause they stupidly think drama needs to be there but Hell EBR even thinks that they would be boring without drama(not true) so we are stuck

EBR is  rather young still.  ;)

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

Looks like the "intimidating" aspect of Nyssa and Laurel's scene is Nyssa telling her the city is going to hell. 

Thea is most certainly off my grave list. I have a very hard time believing they would put her through this hell and kill her off. 

• Love 1

I was suprised the board meeting happened so soon.Maybe they just said the six months thing as an a way to hint at the death while they were still trying to make people think its Felicity and then just forgot about it lol.

I don't think that means Felicity getting cured will be pushed back,it kinda makes me think it will be sooner now that we know its not about connecting curing her with saving PT.I'm pretty sure she won't still be in the wheelchair next season.I think she might be walking when they break up tbh.Imo the cure will be magic related,I don't see them having her just heal by herself.My impression is that they do still claim its permanent and doctors can't help her but with the world they live in where people come back to life Oliver and Felicity are hoping they can find something to help her walk again.

You know, I'm sad now. I assume since Thea's life is at risk, her blood lust thingy will get resolved in the next episode. Meaning she won't be crucial in defeating Darhk. And I really wanted that. :(

From the Q&A in progress on SA's Facebook page:

FB_zpst4w0s9ht.png

It really makes it seem highly likely that it's the death in the script he mentioned yesterday.

FB2_zpslejeeayi.png

4x13 - duel with Malcolm

4x14 - the LIE gets exposed

4x15 - Felicity gives the ring back

Everything proceeding according to schedule.

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 5

The death better not be Diggle, is all I'm saying. I can think of all the reasons why it won't be, but I'm still feeling oddly anxious this evening.

Does anyone think the Oliver/Malcolm duel in the next episode might be faked, in order to trick Nyssa into giving Oliver the lotus? I don't understand why Nyssa is going after Malcolm by using Oliver, but I would have a really hard time with them joining forces against her, considering what Malcolm has done to her.

• Love 8

IT'S NOT DIG! Because it can't be and I don't want it.

As for Malcolm/Oliver/Nyssa, that's exactly what I'm afraid will happen. In which case I hope Nyssa is the one who chops of the arm that's missing on LoT. Sigh.

• Love 1

Nyssa trusting Oliver after he handed the League over to Malcolm is kind of stupid. 

I can't imagine SA saying he was pleasantly surprised by who was leaving. That wouldn't go over well. For all we know, he thought it was Laurel and found out it was Quentin. Or it may not be related to the death at all.

They can't kill Diggle. I refuse to even consider it. Nope. Nope. Nope. It's Lance or Laurel. One is in the grave and the other one leaves town forever. Donna, Papa Smoak hang out in Star City more. It's the Queens, Diggles and Smoaks. 

• Love 3

I can't imagine SA saying he was pleasantly surprised by who was leaving. That wouldn't go over well. For all we know, he thought it was Laurel and found out it was Quentin. Or it may not be related to the death at all.

They can't kill Diggle. I refuse to even consider it. Nope. Nope. Nope. It's Lance or Laurel. One is in the grave and the other one leaves town forever. Donna, Papa Smoak hang out in Star City more. It's the Queens, Diggles and Smoaks. 

Whoever it is, it's a colleague, so naturally he wouldn't be thrilled. 

Of course Dig can't go. And you know why? If Oliver Queen always made the right choice, he wouldn't need you. And Oliver Queen has been making some pretty poor choices. Did they just make me okay with Oliver being a lying dumbass with grand plans of trading favors with a supervillain just to ensure that Dig is safe? Crap. Fine, have Oliver be a dummy, let me keep Dig. I feel cheap now.

• Love 5

Relaxxxxx guys, it's 100% going to be one of the Lances. It won't be Dig, because the show would start losing viewers fast. MG may be cocky and egoistic, but he's not dumb. He knows losing OTA will mean the beginning of the end. He also won't kill Thea, because there's plenty of story left for her, plus Oliver wouldn't be able to survive his last remaining family member's death. He wouldn't be as calm as he is in the flash forwards. Anyone else being in the grave would be a cheap cop-out and they know it. Donna doesn't make sense because Felicity wouldn't be so concerned over how Oliver is. Roy's probably not going to die because I think MG and co hear the cries for Roy to return. And as much as I know we'd love for it to be Baby Mama, they know they've always screwed up and killing her won't make things better, especially with the tease about a death all season and it turns out it's Baby Mama.

So therefore, it has to be either Quentin or Laurel. Quentin is the #1 choice because he's the safe option, and the most logical. Laurel would be the risky choice, one that would make an emotional impact but one that I do think the majority of viewers could survive with. Laurel/BC fans aside, the show would be fine in the long run if Laurel died. Quentin too, actually. But seeing as we haven't seen Quentin in a while, and his last major episode was all the way back in episode 5, while Laurel is getting a more prominent role, I think it's definitely one of them. Hoping it's Laurel, expecting it to be Quentin. 

• Love 9

The death better not be Diggle, is all I'm saying. I can think of all the reasons why it won't be, but I'm still feeling oddly anxious this evening.

Does anyone think the Oliver/Malcolm duel in the next episode might be faked, in order to trick Nyssa into giving Oliver the lotus? I don't understand why Nyssa is going after Malcolm by using Oliver, but I would have a really hard time with them joining forces against her, considering what Malcolm has done to her.

Yes, I think that's what's going to happen.

BTW, they really pull these stories out of their asses. The bloodlust makes Thea go feral, but Oh, wait, now she needs to be almost dying. Yeah, another side effect of the Pit, Huh? Okay..if you say so. Next side effect, Thea will be able to heal without cures.

And, wait, if this lotus was used by enemies of the league to contrast the effects of the pit, wouldn't that mean that Thea would die? Wouldn't it cancel the healing that happened in the first place? Such a mess.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 2

Which suit? The one with the skinny black tie while talking to Nyssa? I think that's the same suit he's wearing in the hospital by Thea's bed (and, also, in a rooftop shot with Malcolm from the mid-season sizzle promo). I don't think Felicity and Oliver will go ahead and do an engagement party if Thea's all laid-up in a hospital bed. I may be wrong but I think the engagement party is set to happen early on during the debate episode (after which, of course, that turd of a plotline with BM will get revealed).

Malcolm and LoA episodes mean Oliver's IQ plunges to single digits since the hamster in his brain is off taking a nap. So, I've a sneaking suspicion that Oliver will actually tell Malcolm all about Nyssa's offer/The Lotus and try to get his advice for some insane reason. Because, of course, the evil dude should be consulted about these things. Also, were my eyes playing tricks on me or was Laurel standing with Nyssa's posse while Oliver and Diggle were standing with Malcolm's crew in one of the shots in the promo?

• Love 2

Which suit? The one with the skinny black tie while talking to Nyssa? I think that's the same suit he's wearing in the hospital by Thea's bed (and, also, in a rooftop shot with Malcolm from the mid-season sizzle promo). I don't think Felicity and Oliver will go ahead and do an engagement party if Thea's all laid-up in a hospital bed. I may be wrong but I think the engagement party is set to happen early on during the debate episode (after which, of course, that turd of a plotline with BM will get revealed).

Thanks. A dark suit is just a dark suit to me. I lost track of which episode the party is supposed to be in. So 4x14 is supposed to have the party, the debate and the kidnapping and reveal?