Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

So 4x13 "Sins Of The Father" is when everything Olicity related engagement/lying wise will all go to shit! Thanks Arrow writers!

Great :/ AND Keto's on it... so excited :( Usually I like Ben's work so maybe he can redeem the story. Although he's produced so horrid cowrites as well.

Wait. Is this photoshopped or did they actually know each other when they were younger IRL? Awesome.

David made this statement when he posted it on his instagram page: "Always has been.  Always will be.. My bro."  It's legit he reposted it from the guy who's playing his TV brother's Instagram. Who said this: "vududaddyFlashback: Brothers. Always."

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 1

Yes, Keto = horrific writing. So not looking forward to this episode. But good call on nailing the title! Haha!

Keto's strong suit is writing Laurel... I have no idea why she'd be writing a Felicity centric episode. IMO I'm bracing myself for some cringeworthy scenes where Felicity is going to pretty much blow up and be entirely unfair and somehow -- if this is the episode that Oliver's kid becomes known to Felicity -- will make Felicity look like the 'villain' of this entire scenario. Ugh

I just realized we'll on be on 'ring watch' on social media BTS photos from now on. 'She's still wearing the ring. Okay. Cool. SHE'S NOT WEARING THE RING ANYMORE OMG!' LOL.

Keto's strong suit is writing Laurel... I have no idea why she'd be writing a Felicity centric episode. IMO I'm bracing myself for some cringeworthy scenes where Felicity is going to pretty much blow up and be entirely unfair and somehow -- if this is the episode that Oliver's kid becomes known to Felicity -- will make Felicity look like the 'villain' of this entire scenario. Ugh

We can pretty much count on Felicity being the villain. She's already getting the blame. And if Keto is writing the fallout, then it's going to be extra horrible. UGH.

Edited by Guest

Why do I feel like this will be the immature and bad version of what happened between Michael and Nikita with his whole kid story line. I'm sure at some point Oliver like Michael did will realize because of the life they lead a kid has no place in while they are still government assassins or a crime fighting hero!

• Love 1

Okay, I tried to stay away from hoping that CC kid's father is not Oliver and after the DNA test was done last week, I gave up all hope but could William be Robert's son? This show clearly doesn't know how DNA works and Barry specifically mentioned the Y chromosome matched. Could that be why the kid aged up to 10? Could the sin of the father actually be about Oliver suffering the consequences of Robert's affair? And could part of the storyline be that if Oliver had just trusted Felicity to run the DNA from the beginning she would have caught that?

It would be a way of having the father/son plot. But also a way to have BM not be a mainstay in their lives once Oliver finds out and only appear very rarely so Oliver could visit with his half-brother.

I'll just be over here in my tinfoil hat.

• Love 2

Okay, I tried to stay away from hoping that CC kid's father is not Oliver and after the DNA test was done last week, I gave up all hope but could William be Robert's son? This show clearly doesn't know how DNA works and Barry specifically mentioned the Y chromosome matched. Could that be why the kid aged up to 10? Could the sin of the father actually be about Oliver suffering the consequences of Robert's affair? And could part of the storyline be that if Oliver had just trusted Felicity to run the DNA from the beginning she would have caught that?

You know, I thought that, but then I was like...no, too gross. But then I remembered this show and I suppose anything is possible. 

• Love 3

For the record, Keto Shimizu is credited on the following episodes:

Broken Dolls (203)

Blast Radius (210)

Suicide Squad (216)

The Man Under the Hood (219 - this one also has a Berlanti and Geoff Johns story credit)

Sara (302)

Guilty (306)

The Climb (309)

Suicidal Tendencies (317, sole credit)

The Candidate (402)

Brotherhood (407)

Ben Sokolowski is credited on the following episodes:

Damaged (105)

Burned (110)

Vertigo (112) (with one of my all time favorite early Oliver/Felicity scenes)

Home Invasion (120)

Identity (202)

Keep Your Enemies Closer (206)

Three Ghosts (209)

The Promise (215)

Streets of Fire (222)

The Secret Origins of Felicity Smoak (305)

Midnight City (311) 

Nanda Parbat (315)

Broken Arrow (319)

This is Your Sword (322)

Beyond Redemption (404)

Dark Waters (409)

• Love 1

You know, I thought that, but then I was like...no, too gross. But then I remembered this show and I suppose anything is possible. 

They both slept with Isabel and since it seems like the writers were going for the soap opera effect I think that has to be at least in the top 10 of soap opera troupes!

Edited by Ann Mack

Episodes I liked: 

Keto:

Man Under the Hood

The Climb

The Candidate

Brotherhood was okay

Ben:

Vertigo

Home Invasion

Identity

Keep Your Enemies Closer (one of my most favorite Olicity scenes are in this)

Three Ghosts

Streets of Fire (one of my other most favorite Olicity scene is in tihs one -- The you're not done fighting one)

Secret Origins of Felicity Smoak

Broken Arrow

Ben's run makes me feel better about him teaming with Keto and I hope that he has more of a voice in this episode than Keto. It's obvious that looking at Ben's work and Keto's that Ben's work has some of the best Felicity/Olicity moments whereas Keto's has some of the worst (but her body of work has some of the best Laurel moments)

Okay, I tried to stay away from hoping that CC kid's father is not Oliver and after the DNA test was done last week, I gave up all hope but could William be Robert's son? This show clearly doesn't know how DNA works and Barry specifically mentioned the Y chromosome matched. Could that be why the kid aged up to 10? 

I'm not sure why they did this, actually. It's an exceptionally stupid mistake considering that someone managed to date the check Moira gave BM somewhat correctly. 

I feel like the ending of 413 has two possible polar opposite options. Either one, Felicity, after the whole episode of dealing with her father, decides to forgive Oliver. Or the other, Felicity, again after dealing with her father, blows up at him, breaks up with him, and gives him the engagement ring back. Personally, I think that the writers wouldn't want to do a complete repeat of the fight in 408 by making it a huge blow-up kind of fight. WM definitely mentioned how this is going to bring up problems within their relationships, so I believe that their actual break-up is going to be somewhere in the middle. Like, Felicity will find out and, because of the whole plot with her father, is going to see and understand the position that Oliver was in. However, I don't think she will be completely ready to forgive him, and I think she would just quietly ask for a break from their relationship to reevaluate her perspective. Not a fight and break-up per se, but a mix between the endings in 312 and 406 that results in them not being engaged anymore.  

• Love 1

IDK why, but as we see more spoilers I'm less and less confident that they're going to break up. Right now I don't think they are only because the writers love their parallels and when it comes to Oliver/Papa Smoak, I think they're going to want to highlight that Papa Smoak LEFT Felicity and Oliver would never which is why Felicity is going to try to work things out with him.

I really hope that Donna yells at Oliver in this episode but encourages Felicity to work on her relationship with Oliver instead of blowing up and breaking it off with him. It'll be tough but hopefully this is the episode they start mending fences (which hopefully will take more than 1 episode to do)

• Love 4

Cheers, Y'all! It's on!

Great Things:

Mama Smoak

Proposal Honesty

Lipstick on a cheek

DARHK SNARK

"Laurel Doesn't Know"

Good Things This Bourbon Makes Better:

LL was really cute on the shore when she teased Felicity

Edited by EmeraldArcher
  • Love 2

It would be a way of having the father/son plot. But also a way to have BM not be a mainstay in their lives once Oliver finds out and only appear very rarely so Oliver could visit with his half-brother.

I'll just be over here in my tinfoil hat.

I'll give u props for an out of the box solution. But the thought of OQ being Eskimo brothers with his father again.... plz no.

Also it doesn't fix the problem which is that OQ is keeping secrets & potentially lying multiple times. That becomes a trust issue. The kid's existence is the least of the problems with the story. I actually think BM & William will get very little time on the show either in plot or screen time.

Olicity are killing it tonight. Wow. This is why I love them together.

Also yep. So many anvils for basically everyone tonight. 

Cheers, Y'all! It's on!

Great Things:

Mama Smoak

Proposal Honesty

Lipstick on a cheek

DARHK SNARK

"Laurel Doesn't Know"

Good Things This Bourbon Makes Better:

LL was really cute on the shore when she teased Felicity

This might be the last post I can see on this thread until tomorrow, so thanks for giving me some hope about the episode. I guess I have a lot to look fwd to when I get home from work :) Edited by kismet
  • Love 1

LOLOLOL at that promo for the next episode. 

This is good news, right? Pretty much ensures that Felicity isn't the one in the grave 3/4 months from now. 

Pretty much, YES.

But I kinda hope people are melting down everywhere? Not that I'm gonna look, because I only like you guys.

• Love 6

So, the "precious" thing of DD's that Oliver's gonna take - it's gonna be his daughter, right? And DD showed that he isn't afraid to go after the children tonight with that drone attack. Goodness. BM better set her OQ Google Alerts to RED RED RED, because a big 'ol baddie is coming for her precious boy. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2