Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Could EBR's tan lines be that flesh colored thing she occasionally wears under clothes? 

What I'm really trying to say is - PB! Take a clearer selfie so I can determine if there are rings and tan lines. ;p

Tomorrow, I'm going to try to zoom home and catch the last half live via ways, and then catch the first part via other ways. I know I should wait for everyone's comments and catch my West Coast showing, but it's been determined that I like disappointment. I will be self-medicating with some wine just in case. 

Wow. Everyone is going to be drinking tomorrow night. The episode discussion thread is going to be VERY entertaining. LOL

I'm find myself hoping that we've gotten everything wrong and the episode will be full of surprises.

CVrusl9WsAAJwrd.jpg

• Love 6

I want the writers to surprise me with this tomorrow night: That the lying is tackled head-on. He tells Digg he's afraid to lose Felicity if he tells her about the kid (I really need that voiced motivation; it's the one thing that extremely annoyed me last season; yes, beyond the other messy stuff). Digg tells Oliver he's an idiot and that he WILL definitely lose her if he doesn't tell her soon. He starts telling her several times during the ep but gets interrupted. Limo Ride of Doom, he tells her, bullets, crash, fade to black. 

Otherwise, I'll be like this with you all

tumblr_mmbslfND9B1sq4neco1_500.gif

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 8

I want the writers to surprise me with this tomorrow night: That the lying is tackled head-on. He tells Digg he's afraid to lose Felicity if he tells her about the kid (I really need that voiced motivation; it's the one thing that extremely annoyed me last season; yes, beyond the other messy stuff). Digg tells Oliver he's an idiot and that he WILL definitely lose her if he doesn't tell her soon. He starts telling her several times during the ep but gets interrupted. Limo Ride of Doom, he tells her, bullets, crash, fade to black. 

See the writers put themselves between a rock and a hard place here. 

On the one hand I'll be super pissed off if Oliver tells Diggle but not Felicity (who is the only person who deserves to know the truth apart from Thea)

On the other hand, Oliver not telling anyone means that the show can't possibly voice his motivations. 

I think I'll be more angry if he tells Diggle and not Felicity. 

• Love 4

4.10 Started shooting about 10/28.  On 10/30 someone asked SA for a random dialogue tease about the scene he was shooting.  He teased "We had a deal!"  IIRC most guesses on here (including mine) were Malcolm.  Based on what we know about 4.09 I am now guessing it's Baby Mama.  If protecting her son is her #1 goal, why would she let Oliver anywhere near William after the events of 4.09?   

One of Felicity's characteristics is that she hates mysteries.  2 wrongs don't make a right but I wouldn't be too upset if Felicity investigated Oliver's activities and discovered the secret on her own. She could be trying to protect his campaign. LOL!  I'd also like it if she found out before tomorrow night's presumed proposal.  It just wouldn't have the same dramatic effect as her dad dropping the info on her though and then they implode.  

• Love 2

See the writers put themselves between a rock and a hard place here. 

On the one hand I'll be super pissed off if Oliver tells Diggle but not Felicity (who is the only person who deserves to know the truth apart from Thea)

On the other hand, Oliver not telling anyone means that the show can't possibly voice his motivations. 

I think I'll be more angry if he tells Diggle and not Felicity. 

I'd prefer Oliver to tell Felicity right away, but I really doubt the writers would do that. More drama in waiting for the other shoe to drop, I guess. I think Oliver would be able to argue in his head that telling Diggle is safer in terms of temporal backlash than telling Felicity. 

I didn't notice at first, but it does look like EBR and PB are wearing funeral appropriate clothes. They better not be killing her father.

Edited by 10Eleven12

That's a coat on the back of her chair, right? Hmmmmmmm.

tumblr_nz2uh5Cuhc1r2t96oo1_250.png

It looks like a normal chair. You can see on the left-hand side her coat is around her shoulder and not the back of her chair. Plus the back of the chair looks way too high to be a wheelchair. *inserts more emojis of magnifying glass*

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2

Disregard I thought she had deleted it but its still there, guess there was a problem with Twitter bc it gave the "sorry" page instead of the picture. Wonder what they are round table talking about once they start filming.

Edited by Ann Mack

EBR posted this on instagram... Felicity is sitting next to Oliver so it doesn't seem like they broke up *insert emoji of magnifying glass here*

They aren't filming so that's EBR sitting next to SA, not Felicity and Oliver. /insert sad panda emoji   Don't get my hopes up, Wonderwall!!

The important question is...who is which emoji??

The pic is still there; I just liked it. 

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 1

They aren't filming so that's EBR sitting next to SA, not Felicity and Oliver. /insert sad panda emoji   Don't get my hopes up, Wonderwall!!

I AM NOT LOSING HOPE. IDK why she would be sitting on a normal chair if she's on a wheelchair the whole time. Just sayin'

I'm guessing:

EBR = Panda

KC = Cat

SA = Koalabear

DR = Monkey

WH = Chick

basically the same sequence she tagged the other actors

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3

Is there a drinks menu or will we just be knocking back the hard stuff?

The Big Lie:  2 parts orange juice; I part champagne, 1 part cheap vodka, 1 part seltzer.

Best Case Scenario: They're still together and working it out.

Worst Case Scenario: The epic breakup (the dramatic giving-back of the engagement ring) is the end of the episode.

If this is the episode where Daddy Dearest tells Felicity about Oliver's love child, I anticipate the break-up to come only at the end of the episode, like a cliff-hanger.

And then we'll probably get three weeks off to stew about it.

• Love 5

The Big Lie:  2 parts orange juice; I part champagne, 1 part cheap vodka, 1 part seltzer.

Add a splash of my drunken, angry tears, and I think we have a winner!

• Love 6

I'm going straight to my single malt... Maybe I'll make an old fashioned out of it. Without the Maraschino cherries because those are super gross to me. 

• Love 3

What if it's Felicity who proposes to Oliver the 2nd time?

Sweet idea, but that is going to take some delicate handling of this OQ withholding the truth plotline. It's going to be hard to see how FS can easily forget about what he did. I think she can forgive him, but forgetting about it and trusting him again is going to be hard. Especially when she established in 406, she's not that "type of girl". It depends a lot on whether he blatantly lies to her. As well as how much he has to withhold from her moving forward.

But I think before falling down the rage spiral again, I'm going to wait and see how they handle it. As of now the damage is not as bad once the post-show rage has cleared. Even FS finding out on her own or by other people might not be disastrous. However, it requires a delicate & sensitive handling and that I do not trust the writers to be able to pull off. They are like a bull in a china shop when it comes to telling emotional story arcs. So as of now its wait & see for me and touch & go for them. Fingers crossed they actually processed what the valid frustrations & criticisms were of this storyline. I want to believe in them again.

• Love 2

I'm wondering just how much they thought this through. If Oliver does the smart thing and stays away from the kid, then I can't see it prompting anything more than a discussion between Oliver and Felicity. It certainly shouldn't lead to a break up. Basically they need Oliver to pile on the lies. That means they need Oliver to experience the events of 4x09 and still think it's a good idea to sneak away to CC.

ETA: I've posted a variation of these thoughts before, but honestly. THE STUPID.

I feel like him sneaking off to CC & piling the lies was the plan before the Xover... I think they will be revisiting that idea moving fwd. And going in a different direction. Or at least I hope they will be.

Wow. Everyone is going to be drinking tomorrow night. The episode discussion thread is going to be VERY entertaining. LOL

I'm find myself hoping that we've gotten everything wrong and the episode will be full of surprises.

Some of us have to work tomorrow night. :(  I can safely say I am not looking fwd to my shift. But I am ecstatic that I can skip watching the episode live. I may or may not tweet that to the Arrow Writers.  

Also my eternal hope that we are all wrong about the doom & gloom speculations runs deep. I don't know why. But I just never wanted a group of rather insightful people to all be wrong.

• Love 2

One of Felicity's characteristics is that she hates mysteries.  2 wrongs don't make a right but I wouldn't be too upset if Felicity investigated Oliver's activities and discovered the secret on her own. She could be trying to protect his campaign. LOL!  I'd also like it if she found out before tomorrow night's presumed proposal.  It just wouldn't have the same dramatic effect as her dad dropping the info on her though and then they implode.

Since Oliver won't be the one telling her, I really would prefer Felicity sussing it out on her own.

You are all missing something key in that last set photo - Oliver's wearing a nice black sweater.

• Love 1

Oh yeah Table Lines, she did go to Maui for Thanksgiving. I saw the ring, wondering if it's the engagement ring?

How does one get Table lines? Gotta love autocorrect :) It does look like the shadow of a ring.

Is Lance going to play Step-PapaSmoak?

The writers are not pulling a series long con on us by having MamaSmoak marry QL and therefore he is now PapaSmoak. So boom "PapaSmoak" is on your screen & in your plotlines. I mean I don't want to be too paranoid of them... but at this rate I wouldn't put it past them. Just another stall on characterization, because "reasons". 

Right now I just want to know at which point in the episode Oliver finds the time to go have a solitary stroll, in the same spot where he is going to propose. Does he bring his journal with him? Is that his favorite place to write his emo poetry? :)

• Love 4

How does one get Table lines? Gotta love autocorrect :) It does look like the shadow of a ring..

I HATE this phone! LOL

I'm not watching tonight, going to see Andrea Bocelli instead...I look forward to reading the drunken ramblings in the episode thread.

• Love 3

All of my lovely fellow posters I expect you guys to deliver on possible drunken ramblings LOL potential for entertainment! I'm not drinking but I plan on getting mad/shedding some tears over my baby Felicity tonight!

(edited)

I imagine that's them sitting there between takes so they're probably in their scene positions just goofing off on their phones/computers.

I think Olicity break up at the end of 413 or perhaps early in 414 (if 414 turns out to be the Flashback episode where Poppy/Oliver hook up...because they just have to twist the knife).  So it's possible that the breakup hasn't happened at this point in the episode filming.  

Looks like Felicity/EBR is wearing the same shirt that she wore when filming Friday night with CR, I think..

Edited by Morrigan2575

I'm really starting to worry about the fact that I genuinely keep forgetting about Poppy in the flashbacks.

Do you really think the writers will take into account the universal (online) negative reaction to the baby mama storyline of secrets & lies and fix it? I'm not convinced.

Edited by Password

I'm really starting to worry about the fact that I genuinely keep forgetting about Poppy in the flashbacks.

Do you really think the writers will take into account the universal (online) negative reaction to the baby mama storyline of secrets & lies and fix it? I'm not convinced.

Once she shows up again, you'll wish you could forget.

And no, I don't think they can fix it at this point. They're already five eps into shooting the secret, and who knows if Oliver's told any lies to cover it up since then. They could maybe try and limit the fallout/reveal, but it seems like WM was way too excited about it blowing up in Oliver's face for that to happen.

• Love 1

Yes, because I want to... I'm floating on a little boat down this lovely river called De'Nial. It has amazing views. What's around this riverbend?? Who knows... Until I see hard evidence on the screen to start abandoning ship, I'm gonna baton down the hatches and hope for the best. If rough seas & squalls ahead but I want to believe my boat will survive.

In all seriousness, I think they will tone it down in the episodes to be written. Realistically, they could have skipped over the entire storyline from 409-413. So it might be possible. I feel like they still have few twists & tricks up their sleeves but I wonder if they will take them in a more positive direction instead of their original negative way. They might actually see it as a challenge and rise to the occasion to make it an amazing story that everyone BTS was dying for us to see. But that stuff that is shot or in the production queue is probably not going to change. I can't see them adding or ADR changing anything unless the network asked them to. And I don't think the network cares that much about the quality of the show. 

As for Poppy, is it wrong that I have such a visceral reaction at the thought of her getting intimate with OQ. It's not a OQ shouldn't be kissing other people thing. It's just a why is he kissing her? I really wish they had done a better job with casting. Because I honestly cannot imagine those intimate scenes being anything but beyond awkward to watch. Like I said before, I'd much rather watch him get intimate with a coconut over having a casual connection, never mind a "real" connection with Poppy.

• Love 2

Poppy's such a non-entity. Actually, whatever is going on in the flashbacks seems pointless. Have there been any favorable reviews about that part of the story? Is anyone clamoring for more or on the edge of their seat to find out what happens? It's worse for me than last year because at least then I liked the actors. This year is pure FF material for me. 

• Love 8
As for Poppy, is it wrong that I have such a visceral reaction at the thought of her getting intimate with OQ. It's not a OQ shouldn't be kissing other people thing. It's just a why is he kissing her?

Poor guy hasn't had sex since Sara was swept out to sea the second time almost two years ago. This is Ollie we're talking about.

I'm not watching tonight, going to see Andrea Bocelli instead...I look forward to reading the drunken ramblings in the episode thread.

This thread has reminded me that I need to buy wine before I watch tonight's episode. I also have other plans during the actual episode, but I'll be checking the thread to see how many bottles (and by "bottles," I mean "boxes") to open before I fire up the DVR.

Edited by bethy

Wow, almost 1:30 and no other sneak peeks, no interviews, nothing except tweets from the Arrow, Warner Bros. TV accounts? They really are keeping things under wraps for tonight. Now I'm beginning to wonder if putting the focus on Felicity being in danger is some kind of misdirection. Probably not but it's making me even more nervous.

Or the all of two people doing PR for the CW are like, screw this, the holiday party is this weekend and we haven't gotten our Secret Santa gifts and our mothers have OFFICIALLY GONE INSANE * so since Arrow viewers are probably going to tune in here we're just going to go and do some shopping and/or research poisons and/or justifiable homicide.

* It's possible that I'm projecting a bit here. 

• Love 7

Wow, almost 1:30 and no other sneak peeks, no interviews, nothing except tweets from the Arrow, Warner Bros. TV accounts? They really are keeping things under wraps for tonight. Now I'm beginning to wonder if putting the focus on Felicity being in danger is some kind of misdirection. Probably not but it's making me even more nervous.

I was surprised at the lack of sneak peeks but, I wonder if they skipped the sneak peeks and went with 4 different promos instead?

I was surprised at the lack of sneak peeks but, I wonder if they skipped the sneak peeks and went with 4 different promos instead?

Except for a few scenes here and there, the promos are not that different, though. I'm almost glad they're not releasing more scenes, actually. Hopefully the show will indeed surprise me tonight — and in a good way.

• Love 2