Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

The ritual in the lair doesn't work? And so they have to go to Nanda Parbat to redo it? (Based on the pic of Laurel and Oliver standing on the side of the pit clasping arms.) So where are Malcolm and Nyssa in this scenario? And why did Oliver and Laurel have to get dressed up in their costumes just to go to NP? Just so we wouldn't forget what show we were watching? RME.

I can't decide if they go to NP for real, or if the ritual includes a 'shroom trip to NP. Both are equally possible at this point, I guess.

• Love 5

I can't decide if they go to NP for real, or if the ritual includes a 'shroom trip to NP. Both are equally possible at this point, I guess.

I wonder what they'd go to NP for anyway, since Nyssa dumped Tide in the LP. Does Malcolm need to be part of this ritual? 

Edited by apinknightmare

Oh I didn't think of that. That could explain why the LP chamber looks so empty other than the pit of course. And why the door looks like it opens to the outside.

• Love 2

Oh I didn't think of that. That could explain why the LP chamber looks so empty other than the pit of course. And why the door looks like it opens to the outside.

My head!canon has always been there is a wormhole in Star City they go through.

• Love 1

So does Sara attack Thea and then goes back to attack her again when she's in hospital? I'm assuming that's what happens from the spoiler pics. 

I thought that they went to some mystical place but you're right, it does look like the Nanda Parbat set. Maybe they have to go back to where the Lazarus Pit brought Sara back to life. Still doesn't explain why Buckles and Shiny White Arms are in their supersuits.  Even if it was a trip to Nanda Parbat, why not day clothes?

Is this the episode that MG said there was something for everyone? Looks like that includes Green Arrow/Black Canary and Oliver/Laurel fans.

It does look like Sara attacked Thea and then came to the hospital to finish the job.  I'm glad Malcolm's line on "you need to kill the person who killed you" worked out.  But why does Sara look like a homeless person?

• Love 1

4x06 is the one with something for everyone.

4x05 is the one with Oliver and Laurel bonding.

Laurel resurrects Sara. Sara goes crazy and attacks Thea. Oliver and Laurel bond. HOW DOES THIS MAKE SENSE????

• Love 8

So it looks like the Laurel and Oliver oposite scene could be outside Thea's hospital room. Perhaps Oliver promises he'll be there for Laurel with fixing Sara. That's probably why he's holding Laurel's hand's doing Sara's demon Exorcist.

• Love 2

It's a wild guess, nothing more. I was trying to think of some justification for it being Oliver in the ritual rather than Quentin. Other than throwing Lauriver fans a bone.

Maybe someone needs to have been member of the league and therefore has rights to reverse magic-whammy the effects of the pit? OQ is the only league member available to be at the seance at the moment.

• Love 3

Gahhh. Not here for Oliver/Laurel bonding moments. If it weren't for Sara I'd be skipping this one. :(

Maybe someone needs to have been member of the league and therefore has rights to reverse magic-whammy the effects of the pit? OQ is the only league member available to be at the seance at the moment.

That could be, since he was Ra's for like five minutes before handing it off to Malcolm. :(

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 4

Maybe they smoke the Peacock Feather looking Vegetation that Constantine offers FS?

I mean, Quentin was more upset at himself for considering shooting Sara than he was at Laurel for surprising the hell out of him with his undead feral daughter, so...it might happen. Guess no one's worried about his heart so much anymore.

Exactly, Laurel just walks her "bad heart condition" father right down the staircase and did a "surprise bitch, Sara's alive" move on him. The writing for this story line is what's "Beyond Redemption" I mean it royally sucks.

There will be no consequences but plenty of damn rewards for Laurel's ignorant ass. I hope at least Constantine who has no history with Laurel's past acts of stupidity really lights into her. I cannot take much more of One Look Laurel and her constipated attempts at trying to emote. I will be more than happy when Sara is farewelled and goes off to join her merry band of travelers on LoT and the show can get back to focusing on anything other than the crazy Lance clan.

[Edited by mod for bagging on Laurel fans:  Ragey baby is not happy to be awoken from his nap.]

KlFwKrE.jpg

I guess I'll just hang in there this story line fortunately is almost to it end only wish they didn't waste so many episodes on it.

Edited by MuuMuuChainsmoker
  • Love 4

[Edited by mod:  Ragey baby, etc., etc.]

I guess I'll just hang in there this story line fortunately is almost to it end only wish they didn't waste so many episodes on it.

Lol well I am glad that isn't the truth.

Edited by MuuMuuChainsmoker

LMAO. Guys, chill. Oliver and Laurel are literally holding hands over the comatose body of the woman who helped break up their relationship. I just…I don't see anything to worry about there? Haha. 

Edited by Guest

Writers are like, here is 4x05 with Oliver and Laurel bonding and Constantine and Sara. And here is 4x06 and IT'S A FANTASTIC EPISODE, AND ONE OF OUR FAVORITES, AND THERE IS MAMA SMOAK AND OLIVER/MAMA SMOAK ARE BFFS AND FELICITY/OLIVER ARE HAVING SEXY TIMES #YINGYANGKISS!

• Love 11

I just don't worry about O/L bonding because they do need to repair their relationship in some way because that is one unhealthy weird mess. But also Oliver is insanely in love with Felicity to the point where living together is just a thing they do because the alternative wasn't even an option and oh yeah, he wants to marry her. Like, not every O/L thing has subtext. Some things are exactly what you see. 

It's a wild guess, nothing more. I was trying to think of some justification for it being Oliver in the ritual rather than Quentin. Other than throwing Lauriver fans a bone.

Oh I know, the episode was so full of ridiculousness I felt the need to up the ridiculousness factor in my own comments and you fell afoul of my attempt at snark 

• Love 2

I just don't worry about O/L bonding because they do need to repair their relationship in some way because that is one unhealthy weird mess. But also Oliver is insanely in love with Felicity to the point where living together is just a thing they do because the alternative wasn't even an option and oh yeah, he wants to marry her. Like, not every O/L thing has subtext. Some things are exactly what you see. 

I'd rather they just get it over with sooner rather than later. I think the circumstances are BS given Laurel's actions, which apparently aren't going to get anything more that a stern word and sympathetic ear, but whatever. 

The thing that I think people forgot is this relationship healing isn't even registering with SA. He mentioned the scenes with KC in front of KC at a panel. He hasn't mentioned them since. But he has talked about all of Oliver's other relationships. I'm not seeing this 'bonding' going beyond clearing the air.

I didn't watch the episode, but I didn't see anyone else mention the Lair lights flickering. Could that be Ray? or DD? or Something? 

• Love 3

I'd rather they just get it over with sooner rather than later. I think the circumstances are BS given Laurel's actions, which apparently aren't going to get anything more that a stern word and sympathetic ear, but whatever. 

The thing that I think people forgot is this relationship healing isn't even registering with SA. He mentioned the scenes with KC in front of KC at a panel. He hasn't mentioned them since. But he has talked about all of Oliver's other relationships. I'm not seeing this 'bonding' going beyond clearing the air.

I didn't watch the episode, but I didn't see anyone else mention the Lair lights flickering. Could that be Ray? or DD? or Something? 

Oh, me too. I find O/L pretty difficult to watch because I don't get much from SA and KC together at all, bless 'em they try but no. So yeah, just clear the air as soon as possible and they do. Next week. Job done. 

I also think we should remember that the EP's overhype things so much that when we see them on-screen it's just like 'What? That's it?' So I think it'll be the same there, too.

As for the flickering lights, it only ever happened when Felicity was in the lair so it most likely is Ray trying to get her attention. Stalker.

MG said that Felicity and Diggle fans would be happy with the first 7 episodes. So far we haven't gotten enough Diggle and I can't imagine MG would believe Felicity fans would be thrilled with the Ray mystery. There has to be something more coming up.

• Love 4

MG said that Felicity and Diggle fans would be happy with the first 7 episodes. So far we haven't gotten enough Diggle and I can't imagine MG would believe Felicity fans would be thrilled with the Ray mystery. There has to be something more coming up.

This is Guggie though. Who thought we would adore Raylicity and see just ever so much chemistry between them. I trust nothing he says, especially when he is talking about how much fans will love something.

• Love 17

This is Guggie though. Who thought we would adore Raylicity and see just ever so much chemistry between them. I trust nothing he says, especially when he is talking about how much fans will love something.

Yeah, I was just thinking what could he have said? Well, you'll barely see Digg; he'll be hanging out in the background, and Felicity will be dealing with the guy who turned her into a pod person last year. Awesome, right? I did really like the first 3 eps of S4, and I hope this one was a fluke. I can't go back to the dark times of S3. 

• Love 5

LMAO. Guys, chill. Oliver and Laurel are literally holding hands over the comatose body of the woman who helped break up their relationship. I just…I don't see anything to worry about there? Haha. 

When WM said that Sara's resurrection would bring closure to the Oliver-Sara-Laurel triangle, I had no idea she meant that literally.

• Love 12

MG and WM seem aware of the missteps of S3. I fully believe that MG is at a loss about LL, but not so much in regards to Felicity. They have to get Ray to the spin-off so there is a leech attached to Felicity already but I don't think that's where they are leaving Felicity. WM started talking about Felicity's Dad as a certainty. So did EBR. I think that's because we will get something concrete before the hiatus. 

Frankly, as much as I didn't want Ray involved with Felicity in any way at least they are putting more thought into it than they did Sara and Laurel. They jumped right into that one making Laurel look like a total psycho. At least they are laying groundwork for Ray's return. 

• Love 5

Do Felicity and Dig stay home next week instead of joining the class field trip? Pleaaaaase? Then they can have lunch dates and training sessions, and maybe a playdate with baby Sara in the park. Just give me something I want to watch.

• Love 9

The more I think about it, the more I suspect dtissagirl's speculation is correct. I thought it was odd that only Constantine, Oliver, and Laurel were in the Nanda Parbat pics. But it fits if the trip is only in their minds. Sara's body was brought out of the pit - now they have to go retrieve her soul from it in some sort of vision quest. It also fits with all the light outside the door and windows to the LP chamber - it's because the room isn't real but is only in their minds.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 6

So.....speculation based on the pictures....

The ritual in the lair doesn't work? And so they have to go to Nanda Parbat to redo it? (Based on the pic of Laurel and Oliver standing on the side of the pit clasping arms.) So where are Malcolm and Nyssa in this scenario? And why did Oliver and Laurel have to get dressed up in their costumes just to go to NP? Just so we wouldn't forget what show we were watching? RME.

I have the exact same questions, ahah. Why the need to be in costume?

Anyway, I agree that they are not in NP. Whether it's another mystical location or just in their minds, IDK. But I think it will go something like this:

the opposite of the hallway scene is Oliver yelling at Laurel for what she did, and Laurel being the one who  says "Screw you, I'm done with you" to him. Then later they'll have to overcome and put their issues to rest if they want to save Sara, so, bonding time.

Edited by looptab

I'm putting down internet monies that the box that Darhk was opening is/contains the "something very important to [Darhk] in his life" that Oliver finds out about and uses against him, which NMcD mentioned in an earlier interview. I just found it suspicious that they just tacked on that scene at the end with Darhk looking almost gleeful at some mystery box, while Quentin looked on in the background. Maybe Quentin tells Oliver all about the mystery box since he's Team Arrow's double agent now then Green Arrow steals it?

• Love 5

From those previews it looks like Oliver finds out Sara's alive from seeing her out in public. Are they really going to have Laurel not tell anyone her assassin trained bloodthirsty undead sister is on the lose?

Also is Sara actually going to kill a bunch of people in this state? Thanks a lot sis, I wasn't carrying around enough guilt before, I needed more. With a sister like that who needs enemies.

• Love 8

I really hope we're dealing with tricky editing and that Laurel isn't continuing to keep undead Sara a secret after she escaped her basement prison.

No, I honestly don't think it's tricky editing. Because this:

From those previews it looks like Oliver finds out Sara's alive from seeing her out in public.

Blessed be the moment that Oliver takes to explain to Laurel what her actions have caused. Though I am feeling sorry for him because he will have to pay for that.

ETA: I've been lead to believe that Constantine is a cool character who doesn't suffer fools gladly. Yet he's flirting with Laurel in one of the promos?

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 2

I honestly haven't payed attention to the clothes, just saw Oliver in the GA suit. So I thought he might go vigilanting after the press conference, and it's then that Laurel finds out Sara escaped? IDK, my heart wasn't really into this devil's advocate thing.

• Love 1

My problem with the O/L scenes isn't the ship tease, it's that they plainly suck, utterly suck, completely suck, including the life out of the show.

My problem with the O/L scenes, after she manipulated Thea and possibly after her selfish actions and lies landed his sister whom he fucking died for in the hospital, is that they should end with him kicking her out of the team, at least; and they won't.

I'm not sure I'm going to watch this one; I'm flip-flopping. Constantine could be a fun addition, but I don't think I can stomach an hour of Saint Laurel of the Resurrection.

• Love 19

My problem with the O/L scenes, after she manipulated Thea and possibly after her selfish actions and lies landed his sister whom he fucking died for in the hospital, is that they should end with him kicking her out of the team, at least; and they won't.

This is EXACTLY my issue with any Oliver/Laurel bonding scenes. She has behaved reprehensively, and it sounds like they're going to totally ignore it. To paraphrase MG or WM, it is totally UNearned and completely INorganic.

• Love 14

I always ask myself why O/L have to be friends even...Yes, there are the comics but the show hasn't portrayed them as being close friends. They could just be two exes who are in each others life and that could probably work as well. 

I seemingly don't understand why Laurel is always so hostile towards him (maybe that is just the way I see it) because it is not as though she is not lying to the team. And strangely enough this lie should be final nail in the coffin but weirdly is supposed to bring them closer, who knows why...

And I am still waiting for Diggle's story and more of Felicity. That will probably happen after Sara's transition. Obviously Oliver will find out about Felicity's Ray problem and won't be very happy about that. 

• Love 5
Maybe the episode picks up right after the ending of 404?

Are they not following real time anymore? If they are it should be a week later. 

I'm hoping that Laurel doesn't tell anyone, you know because she's delusional and thinks that Sara just needed to get some air. Then Felicity gets an alert on her computer about a crazed homeless blonde women in a corset attacking people. Oliver is out somewhere sees Sara just as Felicity pulls up security footage of her. I'm glad that Oliver is yelling at Laurel for messing around with magic she doesn't understand. I hope he brings up what is happening with Thea as why she should not have done that. 

• Love 1

One of the things about Oliver and Laurel is I'm sure we won't actually see a difference in their behavior after this episode. Oliver hasn't been acting hostile in any way, that body language all comes from KC. And that is just her 'acting.' There is no friendly chemistry there. 

Echo said he worked with DR, I wonder if this is the episode. Maybe something goes down and while the vision quest is going on Felicity, Diggle, possibly Thea and Curtis (for whatever reason) tackle it.

• Love 4