Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Wow, I'm hating a lot of these spoilers.  Secrets and fighting between Oliver and Felicity already?!  Blech.  DD is the baddest villain of all?  Yeah, sure.  Just like Ra's was the worst villain of all.  Mmm hmm.  I don't want a Team Arrow democracy.  Things seemed to work pretty well with Oliver calling the shots...until the writers decided that this show was no longer about the Arrow.  More Laurel family drama.  Yay!!!  FFS, could they actually try something DIFFERENT for once?  More Malcolm?  Yuck.  I am looking forward to Constantine, however.  

I got a postcard in the mail from Nielsens telling me I was chosen to participate in one of their viewing surveys or whatever.  Guess what Arrow, you're not getting my ratings!

Congrats on the Nielsens! Those surveys/boxes seemed as hard to get as a golden ticket. Sad that you can't vote for Arrow, but I guess you have to vote your heart/mind.

I will say that most of the spoilers interest me. But the TBTB spin, or the constant way different authors try to put their own spin on it is getting a little exhausting. I'm becoming annoyed about how the spoilers are being reported. But I also feel a lot of that is my fault for paying such close attention to as much as possible. If I just look at what the trailers, teasers and major sites reported from Comic Con - than I am excited but wary of what the season holds. However, at this point, I feel like none of the information is new, so every recent article to drum up more clicks wants to make it seem like they have some magical BTS insight. When really a bunch of reporters got together and watched the same episode, and basically reiterated everything they've been saying since August.

• Love 1

I have a bad feeling about Laurel being a mentor to Thea (whether it's for training or personal) and using that to force her to talk to Malcolm about resurrecting Sara (re: that synopsis we saw). That's almost like undue influence. It's shitty and will probably shatter any little respect I have for Laurel.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Laurel and Thea working together.  They both need friends now that their friends from season 1 have mysteriously disappeared, they've both had a number of tragedies in the past three years, they're both fighters on Team Arrow, and outside of it trying to find their place in the world.  Oliver is going to be very busy, getting his new persona, making up with Diggle, being with Felicity, running for mayor, so it's a good thing that Thea has someone else in her life now that Roy is gone.  And Laurel is going to be going through so many mixed up things, it will be good for her to have Thea to talk to.

The board I think chose to sell it to Palmer. Since they had that sales pitch showdown in the boardroom in 301. I'm guessing the company gets to choose who buys them out, so long as they don't reach a certain point in the process? I wonder now if Palmer only got the company over OQ because he offered more money. Unless the board was really that disappointed with Queen's ideas, you might have thought their might have been a smidgen of loyalty. Perhaps after Isabel they were "dating" with bankruptcy not just "flirting", so there wasn't as many options as there is now with FS?

I think they were impressed that someone with an actual business background was wanting to come on board as CEO.  Moira only inherited the position when Robert died, and Oliver inherited it when Moira went to jail, and neither of them even had a B.A. (as far as we know with Moira since she had Oliver at 21).

The federal government is not that dumb.  (Although really, if that's the dumbest thing to come out of the season, I will be THRILLED BEYOND MEASURE after the buffet of stupidity of S3.)

Isn't it a moot point in the end since Ray is still alive?  Was the agreement appointing Felicity as CEO or actually giving her the company?

But I do want to know why they are so obsessed with constantly giving the Lances drama. Can they not go a season on the same page? Be drama free from the inside? Add some outside forces for them to work on together. 

That's true for the Queen family too. The only season they were all on the same page was part of season 3 and that's because both Thea and Oliver were holding secrets from each other.

Though Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman) is not in the premiere episode, Mericle assures “you’ll see him early.” His arc this season, she says, “is revolving around Thea and him trying to be a good father, while also being very evil”

I'm really looking forward to this.  Malcolm is best when he's being "very evil".

Isn't it a moot point in the end since Ray is still alive?  Was the agreement appointing Felicity as CEO or actually giving her the company?

According to a poster above, the document actually gave her the company.  The gift tax would come out of his estate: 40% of the fair market value of the gift.  

• Love 1

I can't tell if they really don't have anything for Felicity's Father or they are being coy to try to keep an element of surprise.

I definitely think the 1st half of the season is full enough, but Marc's "Right Story, Right Moment" quote at TVLine make me think his reveal will be a mini arc rather than ever being tie-in with the season long myth-arc.

I'm getting to a point where I don't have an opinion on how I want the SL to go, just hope that is it as great as Donna was. 

I'm so ready for 4.01, and stupid adorable Olicity.

• Love 7

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Laurel and Thea working together.  They both need friends now that their friends from season 1 have mysteriously disappeared, they've both had a number of tragedies in the past three years, they're both fighters on Team Arrow, and outside of it trying to find their place in the world. 

I like the idea of LL and TQ working together, but not if LL is going to take advantage of her mentorship w/ TQ in order to bring back Sara. I believe she talks TQ into talking to Malcolm about resurrecting Sara? I hope that's not the case.

I have a feeling they are still working out FS's father. I'm not sure they are being coy. It really seems like they are still working it out. I feel like at one point they might have wanted to go DD, which is possibly what DR suggested in a con in May. However, everyone figured that one out too quickly, so it was no longer a viable father choice. But either way, it looks like its likely pushed until after mid-season. Personally, I'm glad if they push it. We had enough Daddy issues last season. I anticipate some more Lance Daddy issues this season. IMO, we can save FS's Daddy issues for s5. 

Seriously though that post about the flashback and momentum. I just want them to admit that s3 flashback story was not a good enough to be stretched that far. It had nothing to do with breaking up the momentum but adding too many non-HK FB. In fact, the non-HK were probably the better of the fb. I just hope they learned their lesson about what made the FB fail in s3, and it had nothing to do with HK v. non-HK. It was lack of compelling story to stretch that far. It even required its own filler by bringing in the soapy long lost twin. That's how weak the story was. A FB story technique should not require its own filler.

• Love 8

I agree, its totally about lil sara or felicity. Either is fine for me :) The only other candidate if they really want to throw us off would be a surburbia husband talking about his suburbia wife, if they actually have O/F interact with a suburbia couple at a social function. But that would be a mean tease.

Even if it's that we'll probably get Oliver staring at Felicity.

I agree, its totally about lil sara or felicity. Either is fine for me :) The only other candidate if they really want to throw us off would be a surburbia husband talking about his suburbia wife, if they actually have O/F interact with a suburbia couple at a social function. But that would be a mean tease.

• Love 1

I was kind of thinking Diggle was reminding Oliver of how he felt when he looks at Sara (or Lyla) in order to hammer home how Oliver's actions hurt their relationship. They could even mix it with Olicity. Diggle could pull a "What if I took Felicity? What if I left your child alone and defenseless?"

• Love 2

4x01 Dialogue tease --

"It's amazing how everything else can just melt away except for her."

https://twitter.com/...198022349549568

I'd put my money on Dig to Lyla about Sara.  The line could apply to Oliver about how he feels about Felicity but the timing doesn't really work since what does Oliver need to have melted away?  He's living the good life in suburbia.  Now Dig, he's out there getting beat down by the ghosts and his team goes behind his back (or at least against his wishes) and brings back the dude he is still pissed at to save their butts?  That's a man that needs the peace his baby girl can deliver.  

• Love 2

I'm wondering if the line isn't said by one of Oliver and Felicity's neighbours? There was a spoiler about kid-talk with them right? It would make sense if the new neighbours just brought home a new baby, and the dad says the line to Oliver. It would be similar to Digg's "I looked at her and everything changed" line in the premiere. 

• Love 3

I'm thinking it's Olicity related now.

Date Scene: "You were the first person I could see as a person."

Diggle: "I looked at her and everything changed."

? : "It's amazing how everything else can just melt away except for her."

Sounds like a recurring theme.  

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 1

The spoilers say that both Oliver and Laurel are mentoring Thea.  I can understand Oliver mentoring Thea, but why is Laurel mentoring Thea?  IIRC, Thea has more training than Laurel.  However, I do like the idea of Laurel and Thea becoming good friends, independent of their connection to Oliver.  I can see that.  I just can't see Laurel mentoring Thea on fighting techniques when Thea has received intensive, full-time, uninterrupted training from Malcolm over several months, while Laurel was working a full-time job as ADA and taking boxing lessons from Ted and fighting lessons from Nyssa in her spare time.

Because I couldn't help myself, I've come up with a scenario where they could put Oliver and Laurel back together in the future (despite their toxic back story) - which I'll post in the Hopes and Fears thread at some point.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

The only reason Laurel would be mentoring Thea is because she's older. In terms of training, she's in no way better than Thea considering Thea started training with Malcolm months before Laurel even started. So that doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe she's just sort of a 'keep going, you can do this!' type of mentor rather than someone who gives training advice.

Oh, and I also think the dialogue tease is Diggle about Sara. I can see it being something he says when he comes home from a tough night. It is a little repetitive though, considering he said something similar when Sara was born in 301. 

Edited by Guest

I think the crime-fighting/handling the mask is where Oliver's mentoring is going to play a part. Laurel will probably be more civilian life role-model. I'll admit to being put out when WM talked about Laurel's blood family and then her family on the team, because she hasn't earned the right to consider Team Arrow family to her. I can see Thea being the compromise. Some asked about Laurel and Diggle in 4x01 and the screener responded that there was mutual respect but Laurel and Thea were super close. I think Thea is going to be Laurel's 'family' on the Team. That would be a way to give Laurel an attachment to the Team (Thea's attachment is Oliver) that allows OTA to be a bit separate.

• Love 3

At SDCC, WH was giving an interview and she implied that Thea would be a better fighter than Laurel because she has more diverse training. That would be 'real' true. I don't think that is what we are going to see on the show. My guess is they are going to be pretty equal, with Laurel having the slight edge Because Comics.

The spoilers say that both Oliver and Laurel are mentoring Thea.  I can understand Oliver mentoring Thea, but why is Laurel mentoring Thea?  IIRC, Thea has more training than Laurel.  However, I do like the idea of Laurel and Thea becoming good friends, independent of their connection to Oliver.  I can see that.  I just can't see Laurel mentoring Thea on fighting techniques when Thea has received intensive, full-time, uninterrupted training from Malcolm over several months, while Laurel was working a full-time job as ADA and taking boxing lessons from Ted and fighting lessons from Nyssa in her spare time.

Because I couldn't help myself, I've come up with a scenario where they could put Oliver and Laurel back together in the future (despite their toxic back story) - which I'll post in the Hopes & Fears thread at some point.

Why do you hurt yourself? LOL

• Love 4
Executive producer Wendy Mericle told press at an Arrow screening that Diggle’s search to find out why his brother was killed will “take him to a dark place.” He’ll be keeping secrets from the team and, essentially, doing “all the things he once condemned Oliver for. How’s that going to reverberate?” The writers are excited to explore what happens when Diggle is no longer the moral compass Oliver can refer to.

I don't like this at all.

• Love 5
Executive producer Wendy Mericle told press at an Arrow screening that Diggle’s search to find out why his brother was killed will “take him to a dark place.” He’ll be keeping secrets from the team and, essentially, doing “all the things he once condemned Oliver for. How’s that going to reverberate?”

Interesting! So I'm guessing his search for his brother will give him a deeper insight into Oliver and his reasons for doing things a certain way. That's cool. But Oliver was still in the wrong for what he did at the end of s3 so I hope we're not going for a "I understand what you did now" kind of resolution. 

Oh, I didn't read the moral compass bit. Yeah, not sure I like the sound of that.

I'm actually curious about that 'moral compass' bit... I'd like to see Digg's stance not being so black and white. It'll be interesting to see how he gets blinded by some things and who brings him back...

That being said, I don't think that, that's an actual quote, I think the whole 'moral compass' thing was just the author speculating

• Love 3

It sounds like they are evening the scales. Taking Diggle down to a darker place and lifting Oliver up to a lighter one. Diggle is probably going to understand more the length Oliver felt he needed to go for his loved ones and Oliver is more going to understand the terror and betrayal Diggle must have felt after Oliver's actions. I just hope they don't take it to far to the extreme.

I am excited for the Diggle focus and I hope that means more OTA. Don't turn Diggle and Oliver into S3 Olicity.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 5

I don't either but they would be stupid to kill Diggle off or make him a bad guy.

That wasn't my complaint, I don't like that they're having Diggle keep secrets from the team. I didn't like it when Oliver did it and, I really don't like Diggle doing it, especially after calling Oliver out about it for the past 3 years.   This whole secret and lies BS is beyond repetitive at this point

• Love 6

I think diggle's going to be unamused that Thea and Laurel brought Oliver back. And he's mad at Oliver for a good reason. I can understand Diggle's anger and stuff. I think Diggle isn't going to feel the team is a family anymore. It will take time and things are probably set in motion by the time secrets will be shared.

I just hope he's not keeping anything from Lyla. It's the main thing I want the show to maintain. His love and loyalty to his wife&daughter.

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 1

I think Laurel will be on a more personal level while Oliver is on a more sidekick level when it comes to Thea. She could probably show Laurel and Oliver a thing or two when it comes to sword fighting. I wonder if Laurels training will gear towards more weapons or hands on physical fighting.

As far as the year of Digg finally getting some "dark" material, I wonder if it will be anything major that has fans questioning him since he is the only character to stay on fans good side.

• Love 1

I think Dinah is a more hand to hand fighter in the comics. I would still like for Laurel to do some MMA training. I wish they would casually mention her going to the MMA gym. Make it more believable.

• Love 2

I agree. Jeebus, like okay give Diggle more to do but maybe give him more hero things instead of this stupid notion that he has to go dark himself. Why? Is it because Oliver will be more "light" this season and we jsut have to have the mirror stuff?

I mean it might be fun to see David stretch his acting muscles but come on show. :(

That wasn't my complaint, I don't like that they're having Diggle keep secrets from the team. I didn't like it when Oliver did it and, I really don't like Diggle doing it, especially after calling Oliver out about it for the past 3 years.   This whole secret and lies BS is beyond repetitive at this point

I agree with this post.

I think Dinah is a more hand to hand fighter in the comics. I would still like for Laurel to do some MMA training. I wish they would casually mention her going to the MMA gym. Make it more believable.

Totally. They mention her still going to Ted for sessions instead of just dropping it.

But with LL roping Thea in to convince Malcolm to resurrect Sara its gonna be a mess.

For sure. That's why i hope it turns out differently then what it sounds like.

I actually don't mind Diggle keeping things from Oliver. Sure, it's a bit hypocritical but you do petty things like that when you're mad at someone and Diggle has every right to be mad. I don't know how I feel about him keeping secrets from everyone though. I'd much rather he just chose not to confide in Oliver and it's noticeable.

And I don't ever see Diggle going truly dark. Just maybe pushing the limit because he's clearly going to get closer to the truth about his brother's death and that will push him to do some questionable things. I'm cool with that. About damn time he got to shine more. 

I'm hopefully it's just a cameo meet, not an intro to a storyline they are going now.

Like maybe he talks to the mom and meets the kid but they don't tell the child yet.

He better not pull a Luke with Felicity. I

• Love 1

Burning Through Every Plot Ever at Hyperspeed, coming tomorrow to the CW, 8-7 central.

...Though I think I'd rather they deal with this sooner rather than later.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 7

I mean, I knew this was happening this season at some point (even though I wished it wasn't) but why are they wasting time in the crossover to bring back the Baby Mama and kid? Seems like there's too much other stuff they need to be introducing. The timing of this is weird. Should have left this until s5.

I mean, I knew this was happening this season at some point (even though I wished it wasn't) but why are they wasting time in the crossover to bring back the Baby Mama and kid? 

Does she only ever get to show up in crossovers? Because I can live with that.

• Love 2