Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Yay, didn't get blocked and actually got an answer :) OK, so the ring is Moira's?!?! How long has Oliver been carrying the bling-bling?!?! Most of the stuff though fans have already pieced together. What I'm reading about Digg and Oliver makes me sad. My BrOTP :(

• Love 4

From the spoiler's only thread:

As the pair come back to Team Arrow, some revelations will come out. FYI: the ring in the souffle belonged to Oliver’s mother. 

I wanted Oliver to propose with a family ring... but Moira’s seems like a bad idea? Moira and Robert didn’t have the best marriage.. and then there is the whole issue with Felicity and Moira from season two, and that causing issues with Oliver and Moira. (Plus thinking about Moira and Felicity's relationship makes me think about 2x14, and that's an episode I really would like to forget)

Also. What about Thea? Shouldn’t she get a say in what happens with her mother’s ring?

From the spoiler's only thread:

Also. What about Thea? Shouldn’t she get a say in what happens with her mother’s ring?

Do we know Thea didn't have a say? For all we know that's how the fact that it's Moira's even gets brought up. Maybe Oliver asked her for it.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

I wanted Oliver to propose with a family ring... but Moira’s seems like a bad idea? Moira and Robert didn’t have the best marriage.. and then there is the whole issue with Felicity and Moira from season two, and that causing issues with Oliver and Moira. (Plus thinking about Moira and Felicity's relationship makes me think about 2x14, and that's an episode I really would like to forget)

If it's revealed that the ring is Moira's, there must have been a conversation about the ring. There's a possibility that conversation - or just a mention of it - is actually between Oliver and Thea.

I'll wait until we've seen the premiere to comment much further on it.

• Love 3

I actually don't care if it was Moira's ring tbh. But I do wonder how we find out. I really hope there isn't an actual proposal in 401. Please not yet.

There have been pics of Felicity in what seems like later eps without a ring on her finger, so either he doesn't ask, or she says no. Or she says yes to the proposal but no to the ring.

There have been pics of Felicity in what seems like later eps without a ring on her finger, so either he doesn't ask, or she says no. Or she says yes to the proposal but no to the ring.

I can understand why she wouldn't want Moira's ring but I'm also like, aw, this guy took his mother's engagement ring away on their road trip together (like seriously, he knew all those months ago, I'm assuming) and he wants her to have it. I don't know. I'm of two minds about it.

I hope we just find out because Oliver tells Thea. Fingers crossed. 

• Love 5

tumblr_nvkczzKJ251qazmsxo1_500.gif

This is really the only set I need for them besides the new foundry ;)

Diggle: Yellow Arrow, Felicity: Pink Arrow and Laurel : Black Arrow. Go Go Color Arrows!

It sounds like the power rangers at this point. I really wish they were more creative than just colours to differentiate the heroes.

• Love 3

Thea moving in with Laurel would makes sense given the spoilers about them having a closer relationship. Other choice is with the Diggle(which awwwww), but it's probably Laurel.

I'm not bothered by the ring being Moira's. Moira was the show's HBIC so I actually kind of love Felicity getting the her ring. The fact that Oliver went there is pretty special. I do want a conversation about the ring with Thea (kind of like that one fic lol).

I hope they are just playing coy about Felicity's father. I would be really disappointed if we don't get something this season.

• Love 2

I think the secret is that she's restless, she misses their vigilante life, and she's been working on a new suit for Oliver with Cisco.

I'm hoping that's what it is cause it seems the most obvious. Two people are keeping big secrets per spoilers and if Felicity is one im hoping this it

Edited by jay741982

Probably once she was alone it kept reminding her that she was killed there.

I wouldn't be opposed to Thea rooming with Laurel. I wonder why Thea wouldn't be staying at her apartment though. To lonely? To big?

• Love 2

I wouldn't be opposed to Thea rooming with Laurel. I wonder why Thea wouldn't be staying at her apartment though. To lonely? To big?

It's hinted in spoilers for the premiere that place has bad memories for Thea.

• Love 2

Apparently, memories of getting stabbed and almost killed by Ra's in that apartment is too much. Why that wouldn't deter Oliver and Felicity, I don't know. I wish they reworked that set a little and just pretended it's another unit in the same building or something.

• Love 1

I may or may not have full-on taunted theapplefour on tvline, who was delusionally sure that Caity Lotz was not returning as Sara Lance, but instead as a physically identical character called the White Canary, who was not the alter ego of Sara Lance.  The delusions are strong with that one.

Oh, and she wants them to kill Olicity, also delusional.  While I am not currently pro-Olicity bc I think Oliver is a POS and not worthy of her, Felicity is very popular and that ship is not going anywhere.  Sooooo cray cray.

• Love 2

Was reading thru Laurel Browns tweets. Going by that Twitter, Felicity and Diggle don't have a lot of personal interaction. No big scenes. I'm disappointed in that. I was hoping Felicity would be saying the line about Oliver Queen and his choices to Diggle. I just want Diggle and Felicity back.

Focused so much on the ring, I missed the one about brunch with neighbors and the mention of kids. That sounds like a fun scene.

IIRC they did take down Laurels apartment. They may redress another set for it or they built another set. If that is who Thea is leaving with and if they are even showing the apartment.

That is most likely what will happen because passing up a good opportunity is what this show does best.

And Thea managing to live on her own is a bad thing?

Maybe she is living with Laurel, or pulling an Oliver and living in whatever temp layer they're working on, but Thea's been infantilized a lot on this show, so her living on her own is a plus for me. I'm guessing she'll need someone to "look after her," what with the LP side effects, and...bleh to that.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

or pulling an Oliver and living in whatever temp layer they're working on

Oooh, this would be neat. And then she wants to date Parker Young, but is basically homeless. Hello, trying to balance vigilante-ing vs dating.

I totally understand if Thea doesn't want to stay at the loft. She was stabbed and left to die there. Must feel unsafe and has bad memories. So why keep it? Why not sell it and move on? It just makes O/F moving in there a bit weird, especially as Felicity hates Malcolm and the place was bought with his money. I feel like she would have issues with that. Or maybe I'm just thinking too much about it and I'm supposed to just let that slide.

• Love 5

I'm not bothered by the ring being Moira's. Moira was the show's HBIC so I actually kind of love Felicity getting the her ring. The fact that Oliver went there is pretty special. I do want a conversation about the ring with Thea (kind of like that one fic lol).

That's how I feel as well. You take that ring, Felicity, and you wear it with pride. That ring symbolizes Moira more than her marriage for me. Become the new Queen matriarch, Felicity. Do it for me. 

• Love 15

And Thea managing to live on her own is a bad thing?

Maybe she is living with Laurel, or pulling an Oliver and living in whatever temp layer they're working on, but Thea's been infantilized a lot on this show, so her living on her own is a plus for me. I'm guessing she'll need someone to "look after her," what with the LP side effects, and...bleh to that.

I never said it was. But killing two birds with one stone and adding more development between the two characters is the best thing to do imo.

And I am hoping that Laurel/Diggle have noticed a shift in Thea's personality, no way I can believe they've been working together for 6 months and not notice anything or arent concerned about her.

I totally understand if Thea doesn't want to stay at the loft. She was stabbed and left to die there. Must feel unsafe and has bad memories. So why keep it? Why not sell it and move on? It just makes O/F moving in there a bit weird, especially as Felicity hates Malcolm and the place was bought with his money. I feel like she would have issues with that. Or maybe I'm just thinking too much about it and I'm supposed to just let that slide.

Maybe she just recently gave it up? Maybe she's trying to sell it but Star(ling) City is a terror-ridden shithole and the real estate market is no good?

Thea was not only stabbed by RAG and left to die in that loft (which I think people forget when they think the LOA plot was cool) but also banged DJ Douchebag and was nearly poisoned to death by him immediately following.  I don't see why either she or Oliver would want to live there, but I am on the record as hating how Oliver spent S3 treating Thea (a legal adult who managed to run a multi-million dollar business by herself in S2) like she was his infant daughter.  If he does not actually live with Thea I will be shocked and thrilled.

Yeah, I'm gonna buy whatever excuse they give on the loft still existing as is, and Oliver and Felicity wanting to live there, because I know they spent all of the set budget on the new Arrowcave, AND A BEDROOM FOR O/F. So I'm good there.

• Love 10

But what's the catalyst???

Is Oliver the only one noticing the crazy with Thea??

That's what I want to know. What gives Laurel the idea to even do this? That just makes it sound like she hasn't got a clue about Thea's issues from the LP. Not surprising but really? Come on now.

If Nyssa's against it, then why would she die? Sara better not pop out all feral and kill her. She also better not give her life to pay some debt for use of the LP without permission or whatever, since they've been teasing that ramification since the 2.5 comics.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

I'm looking forward to the narrative tap dancing (and out of show spinning) they're going to have to do to make this look like it's NOT a completely selfish, stupid decision by Laurel.

Where's that "Oh Laurel" exasperated Oliver gif when you need it?

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2

If Laurel really does decide to do it on her own, I'm gonna need some footage of her digging Sara up like a damn loon, and hauling Sara's rotting ass around with a whole jar of Vicks smeared under her nose, Silence of the Lambs style. For hilarity.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 10

Well, let's all remember that most of us last year never thought they would go so far with Laurel as to have her dress up as her dead sister to try to fool her father into thinking she was alive. Yet that's precisely what they did. So my expectations regarding Laurel's motives are not high.

Honestly, I don't care. We're getting Sara back. That's what I'm here for. :)

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 5