Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I strongly remember he said it to Oliver.. it was specifically like an old soldier, but I do remember he said the ra's before him vanished into the shadows or something along those lines, he may not have become a soldier again....
Could it have been in a fanfic?!! I will forever be mortified! I'm usually very good at keeping shows canon and fanfics separate in my head.

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 1

I think Guggie doesn't remembr what he's said or written before.  He couldn't even remember the panda shoes.

I'm wondering if Thea being crazy, goes to Quentin and tells him about the LP and they and Laurel decide to try to revive Sara.  But it doesn't make sense to me for Nyssa to be fighting Malcolm over it because she knew of its existence and if she wanted Sara back, wouldn't she have done it soon after her death?

DD's organization is called HIVE (though I know that HIVE might have no connections to BEES and hive thinking and is "just" an Acronym). That touch did get me thinking though. Comic HIVE has a lot of history with mind issues, especially when you go into individual members. There is a lot of Psionics abilities. Plus messing with Mind control/Brain washing is something that Ra's and Malcolm have dabbled with, and DD (along with them) is League trained. I just have a feeling that ARROW"s magic will center on Psionics like abilities. Vixen can shape shift, Mimic animal traits as well as Human and Metahuman powers.

The now Laurel says the Ghost are something they have never fought makes me think these Ghost might be all singled focused and are hard to stop because they are programmed to do the one thing they are sent out to do. Not just Brain washed but everybody is given a little info that makes the collective work like a well oiled machine. They are like one individual to a degree.

The term "hive-mind" used to be popular for a group of people with one way of thinking, and that kind of mind control is a stable in science fiction. 

It would be interesting if they used it because being crazy is kind of a staple for this show's villains.  Malcolm was crazy after the death of his wife and wanted to destroy the Glade because he blamed the people there for her death; Slade went crazy and blamed Oliver for Shado's death; and while Ra's wasn't that kind of crazy, he did have some serious nutty ideas, like using death as a way of cleansing out bad people.  So it would make sense to up the crazy this season.

I can, however, kinda see where the Oliver/Laurel argument might be coming from? That is, if Oliver isn't going to propose to Felicity until he has his shit together, he's only with her because he doesn't - with the idea that, once he does have his shit together, he'll be emotionally ready for the "real" relationship - which, granted, the show so far has indicated is with Felicity, not Laurel, but I can see where viewers still hoping for Oliver/Laurel could hope for this.

It's kind of a TV staple that a character is in the wrong relationship until he (and she) get their shit together and get into the right one so I can understand their logic.  (On ER, Abby spend a miserable year with Carter and Luka spent two with Sam until they both figured out what they really want; Castle went back to his ex-wife and Beckett had two relationships along the way.)  You can pretty much pick any show where the couple finally get together and that's how it works.

The problem is that McKenna, Sara and Ray were the intermediate relationships on this show, and the last episode pretty much stated that when Oliver finally realized what he had been doing wrong up to then, he ran away with Felicity.

But it ain't over till it's over.

• Love 1

What if it's not really Diggle?!!

(Goosebumps)

Didn't the show and The Flash make a point about one of the meta humans not being near CC during the particle accelerator accident? Could that have been to provide a way to make DD a shape-shifting meta this season? Although, I don't know why he wouldn't have used that to his advantage in the fight to be RAG.

It would be interesting if we're clued in to Not!Digg because he's chummy with Oliver before Real!Digg could be.

Didn't the show and The Flash make a point about one of the meta humans not being near CC during the particle accelerator accident? Could that have been to provide a way to make DD a shape-shifting meta this season? Although, I don't know why he wouldn't have used that to his advantage in the fight to be RAG.

I do remember there being a comment made about one of the meta villains not being in CC during the particle accelerator explosion. As Arrow has completely abandoned being grounded in reality, of which I am still undecided about, I presume we'll see more metas who were, perhaps, born that way. 

I don't think dd is going to be a meta. He'll have powers but they will come from another source. There not gonna simplify there villain by making him a meta.

It was the villian that choked fs in broken arrow that was in opal city during accelerator explosion. I think it was the writers way to expand the concept of metahumans so that when it suits the story they can bring in metahumans whenever they want.

Per panel tweets, it looks like Oliver and Laurel have the opposite of the hallway scene in 4x05. I would go with Laurel ripping into Oliver this time, but given MG's tumblr ask I'm going to assume this is the episode they repair their friendship. They also haven't filmed a sparring training scene with Oliver and Laurel. Please let that always be the case.  

In Sunday's Arrow panel from Dragon Con (now posted on page 196 of the Behind the Mask thread), KC was answering a fan question about Laurel's tough "emotional" journey last season. Then SA mentioned the hallway scene between Oliver and Laurel in S2 and said "we have the opposite scene this year... which is actually really cool."  To which KC responded, "Yep, it's awesome."  

I find SA's comment kinda ambiguous. In the 2x14 hallway scene, Oliver says to Laurel (among other things), "I have loved you for half my life, but I'm done running after you."  So what would be the opposite of that?

Between the above comment, SA's kissing KC on the cheek during the panel, and SA's later comment that what they're really missing now is a good "Oliver Laurel sparring training sequence", that Sunday panel arguably provided seeds for a future Oliver and Laurel reunion (if that's what you're hoping for, which I'm not).

In that same panel, SA said the following:

-- "There's no leader of the team this year. It's an actual team, which is cool."

-- "There's really good Diggle-Lance stuff this year, which has never happened. I don't know if they've even ever met."

-- "Lance hitting Diggle in the trailer might be a little misleading."

Although I'm happy to see some Diggle and Lance interaction, I'm not happy that there's no leader of TA this season.  That makes no sense.  Every team has to have a leader, or you have anarky (see what I did there?).  I can see the group making major decisions by consensus beforehand in the Arrowcave, but out in the field, someone has to give the orders to coordinate things or when things go wrong.  I just don't see how a leaderless team is going to work. What if Oliver, Diggle and Laurel disagree while out in the field? 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

They are probably trying to tell the audience that all members are equally important. Not the Original Team and then Thea and Laurel.

My Original Team devotion has my feet stuck in the sand so that isn't what I want to hear. I want to hear that that dynamic is going to be honoured even as new members join.

• Love 9

In Sunday's Arrow panel from Dragon Con (now posted on page 196 of the Behind the Mask thread), KC was answering a fan question about Laurel's tough "emotional" journey last season. Then SA mentioned the hallway scene between Oliver and Laurel in S2 and said "we have the opposite scene this year... which is actually really cool."  To which KC responded, "Yep, it's awesome."  

I find SA's comment kinda ambiguous. In the 2x14 hallway scene, Oliver says to Laurel (among other things), "I have loved you for half my life, but I'm done running after you."  So what would be the opposite of that?

I took that as meaning that the hallway scene was the final, permanent break up of their romantic relationship and that the opposite would be a starting of a new, respectful friendship relationship. Maybe each of them (not just Oliver, show) saying they valued one another and were moving toward being friends rather than ex-lovers. If that makes sense. 

• Love 5

Yeah, I don't think this hallway scene - whatever it is - is planting any kind of seed, honestly. I think it's going to be the beginning of some kind of new friendship where they're hopefully less antagonistic of each other (seriously, they're both such assholes around each other). Because if Oliver and Laurel have some kind of seed-planting talk that leaves open the hope of a future between them while he's still with Felicity, that would be pretty gross.

• Love 4

Yeah, Oliver and Laurel need to repair their relationship if they're going to be working together. Last season I wondered why they were still in each other's lives because it basically came across like they hated each other. They're not even friendly at this point. It's more 'we're here because there's history' but that's it. I don't think they even know each other as the people they are now

But yeah, I agree with @apinknightmare. If they have some scene which is basically a hint or set-up for later on, I'd think that was weird and gross while he's in a relationship with Felicity. (Though I'm sure even if it's the most platonic interaction, O/L shippers will think it's true wuv!) But I don't think it will be that anyway, at least I hope not. This show has clearly picked a lane and they need to stay in it. They can't have it both ways.

Edited by Guest

I'm not concerned about the scene. They couldn't have the characters continue to be hostile to each other if they are on the same team. That wouldn't be realistic at all.

I'm assuming this is going to be them clearing the air. The I'm sorry's and you're still important to me and let's be friends. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they even slipped in them joking about how awful they were together.

If anyone is really concerned, I would point to SA's previous Con. They had finished 4x05 at the point and his answer to Oliver and other woman was 'I doubt it' and then talking about platonic relationships. 

Them going back on Oliver and Felicity would erase S3 and a lot of the growth there. Im real life you find out that the relationship that should be perfect isn't and move on, but in TV land it's different. It would be incredibly difficult to end Oliver and Felicity.  

• Love 6

It really is. And why didn't they just keep them in the continental U.S.? Not complaining at all, it's just weird for them to set out on a road trip and not have much of one. Guess Oliver was seriously when he said he wanted to go somewhere far away, haha.

Haha, that picture! That definitely looks like an outtake rather than O/F but it's cute all the same.

And did they for real go on vacation around the world? Because I just assumed that whoever photoshopped them used stock backgrounds just because the photographs would be used for the set and it wouldn't matter. 

I'm kind of disappointed they went on a world tour. I liked the idea of a Route 66 road trip.

Cute photo. Looks like an outtake. There was a photo on the mantel with Oliver in a green shirt. I want to see that one.

Edited by 10Eleven12

Yeah, the only thing I got from what was said in the panel wrt Oliver and Laurel is that MAYBE this season, Stephen won't have a case of Involuntary Constipated Face in every single scene he has with KC ever.

Perhaps he is referring to his internal motivation that controls his involuntary (perhaps voluntary) looks of what are you still doing here? Maybe this new scene will re-calibrate how he has OQ operate around LL. Because for the last 2 seasons, I have had to seriously shut off that part of my brain that wonders if these two are even friends and more importantly why are they even in a shared space together? If they are now on the same team, they have to at least work to make their characters to appear to be actual friends & not just two people contractually forced to shoot certain scenes together. I'm not concerned about this scene he talks about. It felt more like "we are all a team" spin and nobody is more "special" than the others. A lot of Sunday's panel felt a little spinny esp with KC matters. I'm gonna wait & see how it all plays outs.

As for the concern about dropping seeds for O/L, until SA or KC decide to leave the show there will always be friendly scenes that could be played back later as potentially romantic in retrospect if one so desired, but are truly just a platonic scenes in the moment & reality. But people can see what they want to see. Its the nature of the TV beast. It doesn't mean they are dropping O/F or setting up O/L. It just means they are keeping their options open & writing friendly scenes. Loliver fans will always pounce on these moments & Olicity fans will always downplay them. I feel like its going to take a significant change in TPTB to stop the O/F pairing from being the main & primary love pairing of ARROW. But its TV so never say never. That being said, I can't see O/L ever generating enough positive on-screen heat to warrant the change in course. It may happen because of power reasons or unforeseen occurrences. But like MG said, they chose a horse and in s3 they ran with it - it looks like s4 will only build on O/F relationship.

• Love 5

Perhaps he is referring to his internal motivation that controls his involuntary (perhaps voluntary) looks of what are you still doing here? Maybe this new scene will re-calibrate how he has OQ operate around LL.

It might be way simpler than that: Oliver is in such a happy place in his life that not even Laurel can harsh his mellow.

Also, yes people will over analyze every scene to fit their preference of 'ship. I do that all the time. But I guess I'm not willing to do oppo research for the other team? In the very wise words of Toby Ziegler: you wanna tempt the wrath of the whatever from high atop the thing?

NO I DON'T.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 13

Everyone and his second cousin has pointed out the anti-chemistry bw SA and KC. I think they're spinning bc keeping KC around when LL failed in her primary LI purpose is very unusual, but they're doing it so everyone wants to make the best of it and be nice to KC. (The anti-chem is not her fault any more than it's SA's fault.) They pretty much can't write them back together. It's even worse now than in S1, because SA does really get Constipated Face whenever he's around LL.

They do, however, need to tackle the fact that, as many have noted, LL and Oliver have no interest in each other and it's very strange that they even hang out. So yeah, the opposite of the hallway scene is definitely something re being actual friends and trustworthy teammates.

I wonder whether it's before or after resurrecting Sara? It seems that Oliver isn't in on that, and if Laurel is I'd think that would be likely to cause some problems. I agree that one of the women in the background of the resurrection scene is wearing a thumb ring, which does seem to be KC's thing (and which I personally think the wardrobe dept should ask her to remove, particularly when she's actively lawyering).

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1

Yeah, I don't think this hallway scene - whatever it is - is planting any kind of seed, honestly. I think it's going to be the beginning of some kind of new friendship where they're hopefully less antagonistic of each other (seriously, they're both such assholes around each other). Because if Oliver and Laurel have some kind of seed-planting talk that leaves open the hope of a future between them while he's still with Felicity, that would be pretty gross.

The opposite of the hallway scene would be "We're friends now and we'll always have each other's back." Sounds to me more of a team establishing thing than romance.

I'm kind of disappointed they went on a world tour. I liked the idea of a Route 66 road trip.

Cute photo. Looks like an outtake. There was a photo on the mantel with Oliver in a green shirt. I want to see that one.

They drove off in a fancy car. I see no reason to think the didn't do both a continental road trip and then later jetted off to tropical places. The only difference is they were too busy having sex to take pictures on the road trip.

Five months later the higher brain functions have kicked in long enough to include jogging and cooking lessons and sex.

• Love 2

Tread carefully with this, show!

Aww, DD no catchy the Arrows? I thought every LoA member could do that.

Let's see, Nyssa batted them away with her knife, everyone else caught them. DD probably phases or smokes out so they pass right through him like....Magic!

• Love 1

It always irritated me that Helena caught an arrow. He didn't have the hybrid compound then, which per Cisco causes arrows to travel at 200 mph, but I'm sure they were still quite fast. Luckily I can keep reminding myself that Mythbusters more or less proved it's impossible to catch (or I think even deflect) an arrow.

The opposite of the hallway scene would be "We're friends now and we'll always have each other's back." Sounds to me more of a team establishing thing than romance.

They drove off in a fancy car. I see no reason to think the didn't do both a continental road trip and then later jetted off to tropical places. The only difference is they were too busy having sex to take pictures on the road trip.

Five months later the higher brain functions have kicked in long enough to include jogging and cooking lessons and sex.

It sucks that I would have to buy comics to get Olicity Road trip adventures lol. Although I'm pretty sure there was a lot of Sex involved

I'm thinking he can do something ridiculous, like actually disappear. Since they're talking magic and mysticism this year.

Yeah, because in the scene where DD asks Oliver who he is because the Arrow is dead and then Oliver says "You're about to find out" or something, they're standing in a small container which looks like there's no room for easy escape. So I'd say yeah, it sounds very possible like he'll just magic out of thin air and um no. I did not want this.

Edited by Guest

It might be way simpler than that: Oliver is in such a happy place in his life that not even Laurel can harsh his mellow.

Also, yes people will over analyze every scene to fit their preference of 'ship. I do that all the time. But I guess I'm not willing to do oppo research for the other team? In the very wise words of Toby Ziegler: you wanna tempt the wrath of the whatever from high atop the thing?

NO I DON'T.

Good point. I wasn't trying to do any opposition research for any other team. Just stating why I have no qualms about what was said at the panel on Sunday or any future scenes. It was all spin in my book. TV politics/realities at work. Unfortunately, TV is not like real life where the hallway scene would have been the end. The only reason why OQ & LL are even remotely "friends" is because its a TV show & comics. If it was real life, they don't even seem like 2 people who would share an elevator ride to the top of skyscraper at this point. Stairs seem preferable than a few min stuck in same place together. But its TV, so we get a scene redux for contractual purposes.

• Love 1

So I'd say yeah, it sounds very possible like he'll just magic out of thin air and um no. I did not want this.

Agreed.

I was hoping the trailer and new spoilers would get me more excited about the upcoming season, but it feels like my enthusiasm level is dropping by the minute with almost everything new I read. :( And it wasn't like it was high to begin with.

Edited by Starfish35

I wonder if the different way DD deals with arrows is the first episode "Oh god oh god" will haunt you moment.

Crosses fingers.

Seriously. All the talk about the "twist" ending of 4x01 is making me uneasy. But then again, it's hard to judge how significant it really is, if the cast is spoiling it. Judging from last season, when there's a plot development that makes a big impact-- Sara's death, Oliver getting kicked off a mountain, Roy's fake death-- they're pretty good about keeping it a secret. 

I'm feeling a little fatigued of the twists. Analyzing them is fun, but I'm just exhausted. Some days I seriously hope there is no big twist at the end of ep 401. That all the hype is really just a big practical joke by the cast at this point. Cut to SA live FB him & PB saying gotcha (or PB can say something funny in his native lingo). For some reason, I'm just craving that moment of you realize you've been played. You're angry at first & then hysterically laughing the next moment. Then of course, I want everything to go back to being so serious with actual full on didn't see that coming twists & turns for the rest of the season. Maybe the editors should just put the big twist in 402 & that would satisfy me.

Part of me is also craving them not telling us about twists, because I want the jaw-dropping satisfaction that comes when they completely blow everything up or something comes out of nowhere (but yet is still realistic & logical). SL's death was absolutely brutal I never want to relive that. But there was an OMG/WTF hit to the gut feeling that was satisfying as viewer. Similar to OQ's fall from the mountaintop. You either didn't see it coming or you didn't think they would go that far with it. It doesn't have to be death, I don't really want to see anyone else from the main cast die. But I want more of the moments we had in s2, where there was actual shock like Slade's reveal or IR as RQ's lover. Or even RH's death in s3 where you were stunned, but then relieved after the commercial break reveal of the plan. I like that they are playing things a little closer to the chest this season so that they can get more OMG/WTF moments & less saw that coming a million miles away.

• Love 2

I'm not a fan of telling fans to watch out for the big twist because the fans build it up so much it's never as twisty or shocking as it should be. Sara's death was shocking but predictable. I think we all had her on a death watch we were just surprised at the timing. Oliver's 'death' was called by anyone paying attention. The only people who are ever shocked are casual fans, but people who lurk on the internet end up posting their disappointment.

• Love 3

The only twist in S3 that I thought worked was Roy's fake death. It was logical and satisfying and well-done. Sara's death was grotesque and an obvious ploy to make LL relevant, and Oliver's "death" at RAG's hands was entirely asinine, because obviously SA was not actually off the show. I know enough about comics to know that it was a Batman ripoff and that RAG would definitely "kill" him. The only surprise was that he wasn't LPd, instead he was saved by cold weather and antibiotic tea, an extremely soft mountain ledge, and a wound that conveniently moved to a less problematic place. It was also an obvious ploy to make Ray the Cane Toad and LL relevant. I would argue pretty strongly that if you have to remove a main character temporarily to make secondary characters relevant, well, they're simply not ever going to be relevant. So I would definitely like for them to stop with the twists and OMG moments, both because they're generally tiring and very rarely well-done.

You know, one twist in S2 that would have been really good was the reveal that Slade was alive and in town. It wasn't entirely surprising, but it was good. However, they even ruined that by not accepting reality, which is that Manu Bennett's voice is extremely distinctive, so hearing him speak and THEN panning to his face just seemed silly.

• Love 4

I think it's pointless to forewarn people that there's going to be a twist, because then it's not surprising and distracts the viewers for the whole episode because they're waiting for the gotcha moment. I'm not a fan of the endless speculation either.

I'm disappointed at the season 4 tidbits we got from Dragon Con. I don't like the idea that Team Arrow doesn't have a leader this season (per SA). The repeated teasing (SA, KC) of "the trailer is not what it seems" bothers me, because I quite liked the trailer. Then there's JB's statement that if you liked season 3, you'll like season 4 because it's a roller coaster ride. (No, JB. I did not like season 3.) And of course, the mentions of the "oh God, oh God" "You can't do that" 4x01 ending. I got so pumped up by the trailer and now I'm just feeling deflated.

• Love 2

I think that most of the "it isn't what it seems" in the trailer has to do with the Diggle and Quentin stuff, and possibly the Oliver/Thea fight. Everything else is too concrete (we know that O/F are living happily somewhere at the beginning, before Oliver's brought back) or too benign to read into (Laurel and Thea on the bike, everyone fighting - what's there to think other than it's a fight?). Maybe he quite literally means that some of it isn't what it seems as in DD or a VotW or one of DD's minions is a shapeshifter/Loki of some sort, and that's not really Quentin hitting Diggle over the head, or not really Diggle getting hit. 

I half wonder if we'll see someone getting killed off (Quentin? IDK) before DD or whoever morphs themselves into looking like them. So they're gone, but not really gone - and that's the end of ep 1. Like a Mad Eye Moody situation, but where the original Mad Eye is dead.

Edited by apinknightmare

Then there's JB's statement that if you liked season 3, you'll like season 4 because it's a roller coaster ride. (No, JB. I did not like season 3.) And of course, the mentions of the "oh God, oh God" "You can't do that" 4x01 ending. I got so pumped up by the trailer and now I'm just feeling deflated.

When I read JB's statement, my first thought was - what if you hated most of S3? I enjoyed the trailer, but I'll remain cautiously optimistic. I was overly excited for S3 and was badly burned. 

• Love 6

I'm thinking the stuff they were saying is not what it seems will not be things that interfere with enjoyment. Stuff hopefully like QL not still being an absolute tool or who is fighting to pit Sara or even the idea that Diggle and Co are floundering without their help (up to a point).

And of course the magic. I'm very iffy on how I feel about "poof" and he's give level of magic unless it's later revealed it was a distraction and his shimmied out a hatch in the roof while the smoke cleared. I know we are getting magic this season but I think I can more easily handle places and ceremonies unleashing evil than random acts of POOF while going down the road.

Maybe they will wrap it with semi-plausible explanations. Oliver might have been exposed to it but the rest of the team plus Barry's crew would not have. Their all going to be super skeptical.

As will I.

• Love 1

I half wonder if we'll see someone getting killed off (Quentin? IDK) before DD or whoever morphs themselves into looking like them. So they're gone, but not really gone - and that's the end of ep 1. Like a Mad Eye Moody situation, but where the original Mad Eye is dead.

Yeah, I've had that very specific worry as well but then why would they need the actor that plays DD around so much? He'd just be played by PB. I think it's possible that QL is under his influence or control but the shape shifter thing via magic would be a lot to ask the audience to swallow in the first episode.

PB has mentioned having a lot of scenes with DD so at least it's seems unlikely that DD replaces QL with himself.

I find I am not comforted by anything I wrote.

Yeah, I've had that very specific worry as well but then why would they need the actor that plays DD around so much? He'd just be played by PB. I think it's possible that QL is under his influence or control but the shape shifter thing via magic would be a lot to ask the audience to swallow in the first episode.

PB has mentioned having a lot of scenes with DD so at least it's seems unlikely that DD replaces QL with himself.

I find I am not comforted by anything I wrote.

No, NM would play DD as DD, but PB would play DD playing Quentin, haha. They'd still both need to be around, but then they wouldn't have any scenes together, so that wouldn't work. Unless DD isn't the shapeshifter, or he has some other kind of magical power that allows him to morph another person into looking like another person. Or has a follower that can do that. 

I need to stop before I get too out there and/or confuse myself, haha.

• Love 1

I'm still pretty hyped about the season. I really enjoyed the trailer. The only thing that made me go "OH HELL NO!" was a tweet today from DragonCon of what is supposedly a KC quote (I actually trust the person who tweeted this; she might have a different take on what they mean but the actual quotes from her have been spot on so far): "I got to come into my own as a female lead, which is nice like now Stephen doesn't have to work as much."

I fully understand that Stephen wants to do other stuff and probably has the leverage now to ask for a little bit more time off, but I would really, really prefer that any extra time be given to either Felicity or Diggle. Maybe even Thea. But please merciful God, not Laurel :P I'm desperately clinging to SDCC quotes from Wendy and Marc (I know, I know, that's foolhardy). I really don't think Laurel is going to get any more extra focus or time, though. This show knows people aren't here for Laurel's story, which is why there were lots of strong moments for Felicity and Diggle (yes, even when he was sidelined in the action he had meaty dramatic stuff) during her BC arc.

• Love 7

I actually thought about "Alias" and how at the end of one of the pivotal episodes, they reveal that the best friend was actually dead and replaced by a bad guy that had plastic surgery. What if they do that with QL? It doesn't quite fit the hints about magic, but I remember that in the SDCC TV Line group interview, PB said that the end of ep 1 was "haunting", which makes me think there's death involved. 

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1