Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

1. Where the hell did the machine gun even come from? 

It seems like Palmer Tech is being attacked, Curtis and Felicity go into the basement or wherever they are, and are ambushed down there by people shooting at them. I'm guessing the gun belongs to one of the bad guys.

Some people over on Tumblr were discussing this scene:

8AM2jw8.gif

Looks like Oliver pre-suit in a balaclava - so maybe he does come back partly because Thea isn't right - that would also explain why it was Laurel who went and asked him to return - not Thea.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 5

Some people over on Tumblr were discussing this scene:

8AM2jw8.gif

Looks like Oliver pre-suit in a balaclava - so maybe he does come back partly because Thea isn't right - that would also explain why it was Laurel who went and asked him to return - not Thea.

Wait... does this mean Thea killed all those people? or are they all just knocked out?

Nooooooooooo that dress is so expensive T_T 

Arrow is upping their wardrobe game (you know, the non-leather wardrobe game)

Okay.. I don't like it that much.. plus the orange one in my size is out, and i'm not huge on black clothing (unless it's a leather jacket)

To be honest.. once you look at the original price, a bit over £900, the £250 is not that mind boggling.

Edited by foreverevolving

Ok, finally had a chance to watch this a second time. General thoughts:

1. Thea going batshit insane. YAY!  Really looking forward to seeing what Willa Holland can do with this.

2. Liking Mister Terrific already. "This is not in my job description!"  The little robot ball looks ok on screen so far.

3. Is that - can that really be - is that actually Laurel saying something sensible? Who is this Laurel, and can we possibly have her make more than her previous one episode per season appearance? 

4. Aw, Felicity made the new Arrow suit for Oliver. And she can pick up a machine gun and use it. "Since always!" You go, Felicity.

5. Two seconds and Damien I am not going to spell that already established himself as far more evil than Ra's. 

6. Speaking of Damien, I guess this suggests that he doesn't have too many people on the inside of either the LoA or Argus, since they all knew that the Arrow wasn't actually dead.

7. And Oliver wears green hoodies when he's jogging on nice suburban streets. Awww.

8. Cracks me up how much this trailer is meant to reassure everyone. It's like, OK, OLICITY SHIPPERS, HERE IS YOUR FUN HAPPY KISS. OK, LAUREL FANS, WE PUT HER ON A MOTORCYCLE.  And now that THOSE TWO GROUPS are out of the way, Hi, everybody! Here's our season's fabulous guest stars, complete with a return to our famous "Let's keep the window repair guys in Star City employed with as many window breakthroughs as possible" scenes.  Also, Caity Lotz back in that pushup corset, except this time, it's wet. Everybody happy now?

Looks fun so far.

• Love 14

Wow... Gucci. Somebody really is a sugarmama... Looks good though, better in red though.

8. Cracks me up how much this trailer is meant to reassure everyone. It's like, OK, OLICITY SHIPPERS, HERE IS YOUR FUN HAPPY KISS. OK, LAUREL FANS, WE PUT HER ON A MOTORCYCLE.  And now that THOSE TWO GROUPS are out of the way, Hi, everybody! Here's our season's fabulous guest stars, complete with a return to our famous "Let's keep the window repair guys in Star City employed with as many window breakthroughs as possible" scenes.  Also, Caity Lotz back in that pushup corset, except this time, it's wet. Everybody happy now?

Looks fun so far.

Lit-er-al-ly the best recap of the trailer ever! Nice work :)

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2

I think the two major things that are bothering me after seeing the trailer are 1) Quentin and his monsters speech. I am just over Quentin hating on Oliver. Fix it or kill him off - I don't even care anymore. And 2) Nyssa deathwatch. You better not kill off Nyssa, writers. Although I've wondered all along whether that's how they would explain Sara being on the LoT team and not with Nyssa.

Other than that, the trailer looks good, although Diggle's helmet does not look better in action, sorry. And I guess they did ditch the wig for Laurel after all?

I'm especially intrigued to find out what happens with Sara's resurrection, and what's going on with Thea.

• Love 1

Here's another shot of what appears to be the temp lair: 

5MOQA64.png

I wonder why Oliver is on TV?

From the Trailer it looks like Oliver is with the Girl who is tied to a chair (and possibly dead or under threat of Death if Oliver doesn't do as the kidnapper wants) Maybe that is Jessica Danforth's Daughter....

It's around 1:06 right when QL is throwing shade at Oliver.

From the Trailer it looks like Oliver is with the Girl who is tied to a chair (and possibly dead or under threat of Death if Oliver doesn't do as the kidnapper wants) Maybe that is Jessica Danforth's Daughter....

It's around 1:06 right when QL is throwing shade at Oliver.

There's a videocamera right there in front. He's right there with them with their videocamera on him.

Maybe it's the temporary base and it gets compromised (and shot up) so they move and really do it right this time.  (or maybe the new place was already in the works)

I rewatched the trailer, and I think you're right in that the temporary base is wherever they're getting shot at (which seems like the basement of PT). I just hate that because a) it's stupid to work out of a building you do not own, and b) it seems as if Curtis is getting in on the Arrow secret in the second-ish episode, which seems way too soon, but...meh, whatever.

• Love 2

Something tells me Danforth may not walk the straight & narrow. I feel a bad girl vibe from the way they interspersed her clips. I feel like she is connected to DD. Perhaps that is what triggers OQ mayoral aspirations.

Perhaps Felicity already knows she owns PT and allowed them to use it during Olicity's summer relocation. And I'm Ok with Curtis knowing right away. Felicity needs someone who can understand that she isn't just the boss but also has a second job where she is part of a team saving the city.

• Love 1

Someone needs to caption all those MG photoshopped photobomb pictures with SOON.

Also I love the Curtis/Felicity stuff.  Is it wrong of me to want a spin-off where those two hack into things, get themselves in trouble, then manage to escape in some coincidentally preposterous way?  Then Felicity can go home to that lovely house and Oliver can sigh and break out the Band-aids.

• Love 4

Perhaps Felicity already knows she owns PT and allowed them to use it during Olicity's summer relocation. 

I hope that's the case. Although I'm not really sure why she'd stay out of town if she found out she owned the place, but I guess (hope) that'll be explained.

Random thoughts. 

Thea looks amazing. I have a feeling we are getting a lot of Willa this year and I can't wait. 

Pleasantly surprised at the Curtis/Felicity stuff. I was concerned he would get the focus, but it looks like they learned from last year. It looks like a fun dynamic.

Still don't like the helmet. It's just bad. I wanted more Diggle stuff. 

They weren't lying about no learning curve with Laurel. Does she left up a guy and slam him down? I wish I could get excited about this character, but I imagine her fans are happy. It does make sense that she would get Oliver if Thea is eating the coco-puffs and him and Diggle are having issues (tho I would think Diggle would reach out if it was about Thea, at least to Felicity).

DD makes me happy. Great casting choice. Also loved the bit with him and Anarchy. I like the idea of two villains at odds.

Domestic Olicity is everything I ever wanted. It's a house, not a little one bedroom cottage or apartment but a house. With extra rooms. For family. Current and future. LOL

Sara looks calm coming out of the water and confused. I'm assuming because she was dead dead. 

I need to rematch it about a dozen more times.

• Love 5

Seriously, have all their Summer of Love photos already been posted, prior to Guggie's freaky awesome photo bombing? I've never seen this one.

I think there are two more, based on what was on the mantel (I hate myself for knowing this, I'm putting myself in time out). 

• Love 5

You know Tumblr was all over it. I just want to weep at this perfection.

tumblr_nu6o46Zopa1u8edppo1_1280.jpg

I hear ya. SA and EBR just have so much Chemistry and sell it in these photos so well. Look so in love and I do like how he has his arm wrapped around her like he ain't letting no harm coming to this gorgeous woman.

I'm hoping their house stays. It's so frigging domestic, and I love the idea of the superheroes living in the suburbs. They could have bought it in the SC suburbs and Laurel went to them just to bring them back to the vigilante game, not to SC.

At this point I really hope they never do break them up, and if ratings for S4 are good, maybe they won't. They really are adorable together.

• Love 7

I think there are two more, based on what was on the mantel (I hate myself for knowing this, I'm putting myself in time out).

LOL ain't no shame in shipping these two hardcore.

I'm hoping their house stays. It's so frigging domestic, and I love the idea of the superheroes living in the suburbs. They could have bought it in the SC suburbs and Laurel went to them just to bring them back to the vigilante game, not to SC.At this point I really hope they never do break them up, and if ratings for S4 are good, maybe they won't. They really are adorable together.

Yeah that house is lovely and I want the house to be where they live this season. I hope they never break up and they are adorable together. That house is a great place to eventually have a family in and you know Oliver was looking at her in that moment like he knows he is gonna marry her

• Love 1

1. Where the hell did the machine gun even come from? 

4. Seems Oliver is called in because they need his crime fighting help...don't like that really. 

I feel like I might be jumping down the rabbit hole here, but I'm genuinely curious about these two points:.

1. Of everything you saw in a trailer for a TV show based on a comic book, you're most incredulous about where Felicity procured the machine gun? Did you ask that in the same way some us get when we're in a lather about where she got her dress (because we want one, too)? Example: "Like, OMG, where did she get that machine gun? I have to have it!"

4. You don't like that the titular hero of the show you watch about his hero's journey is needed to save the day (like a hero)? What would you rather him be doing on this show about his hero's journey?

I feel like I'm missing out on aspects of the show that others seem to really enjoy. I'm just in it for Oliver's story and the people who are a part of his hero's journey.

• Love 11

If LL doesn't mention Thea's state (which would surprise me), I think that Oliver would be reluctant to go until him and Felicity have a talk. 

If LL DOES mention Thea's state, I don't think it'll be a question that Oliver will go back. 

IMO I'd be disappointed if Oliver doesn't go back for Thea.

• Love 4

I am hoping, and based on the stuff about the new threat, thinking, that he goes back for more than just Thea. If he goes back because they need his help AND bc Thea's going wackadoo, that'd be totally fine with me, and that seems to be what's going on.

• Love 1

I always thought it was Thea that brings Oliver back because didn't SA give a quote that sums up episode 401 that was like "What's up Speedy?" or "What's wrong Speedy?"

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1

Given SA and EBR's comments about who is more settled and who is more restless, I think Oliver and Felicity are having a conversation either way. 

I'm thinking Oliver agrees to come back for Thea, but he needs a little push to be the Arrow again. 

• Love 3

Was looking at the Eonline coverage & it has a pic of Diggle next to Oliver. And Diggle looks ridiculous, this tall jacked powerhouse of a man is covered in head to toe leather & a freaking helmet (which looks like it might have a visor). Meanwhile his buddy is there in a sleeveless armor thing & a hood with a bow. It just looks hysterical... But you know for reasons this is what they decided to give us. Seriously what were they thinking in the superhero costume dept.

http://www.eonline.com/news/693191/arrow-s-season-4-trailer-is-everything-we-ve-ever-wanted-including-happy-oliver-badass-felicity

• Love 1

I'm hoping their house stays. It's so frigging domestic, and I love the idea of the superheroes living in the suburbs. They could have bought it in the SC suburbs and Laurel went to them just to bring them back to the vigilante game, not to SC.

At this point I really hope they never do break them up, and if ratings for S4 are good, maybe they won't. They really are adorable together.

I love that they bought/rented a big house like that because it indicates that they had really planned to stay permanently. And it's furnished! And decorated! They hadn't just moved in; they've been living there for a while. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure they won't get to keep it because it's in Coast City.

I just want to stay in my little bubble of happiness created by the Olicity vacation pictures and the trailer.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2

http://screencrush.com/arrow-season-4-trailer-breakdown/

This is really helpful. It's definitely JR Bourne who Felicity kicks, and he seems to be with DD. Also, surprisingly, Oliver was trying to be a vigilante in the flashbacks. That's not going superdark, so I'm going to bet he goes undercover for Waller, and he has to do dark crap to protect his cover. That is probably how he gets to Russia.

The best part: the white bandage around Oliver's right arm. THAT'S WHY SHORT-SLEEVED SUPERHERO SUITS ARE STUPID, OLIVER.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 3

Forgive the Olicity squee but I dare Oliver to be more in love. I dare him. Wow.

Did MG or WM say that Curtis is not yet Mr Terrific? So when we meet him he'll just be regular computer tech genius?

Oliver does have those arms wrapped tightly around his goddess doesn't he lol? I think MG and WM have said he's not yet Mr Terrific

I've actually been really relieved that Oliver's returning because the team needs him. If the team without the Arrow is a well-oiled machine, fighting crime successfully, then what's the point of his even being there?

One of the things that confused and frustrated me last season was the characters' and, frankly, the showrunners' apparent attitude that no one really needed the hero and main character of the show. If Oliver is simply going to be one of the team and not the leader, then change the name of the show.

• Love 12