Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

The fan response on Twitter is pretty negative. 

Arrow changed Oliver and Roy's costumes, and Sara's costume is changing, so, depending upon just how much they spent on this helmet, there's a chance it might get changed in a season or two. Maybe.

Here's hoping the #YearOfDiggle writing is better executed than that stupid Helmet! Even if I fanwank stuff or accept that super tech in the helmet will eliminate its flaws. It's still not a cool looking helmet for Diggle. And its a total Magneto knock-off. Without any comic canon to hold to, they could have done SO much better.

#DiggleDeservesBetter

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1

Nope. not enough alcohol in the universe to erase this horrible image from my brain.

This may actually make Buckles look tame in comparison.

Something bad is going over the "Arrow" costume department, something very very bad!

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 2

Wow, they should've gone with the Judge Dredd look instead of this one. Honestly, if they wanted to give Diggle some sort of identity concealment and was firm on the idea of making it a helmet, they should've googled "SWAT team" and come up with lots of practical and better looking designs.

• Love 4

Now I'm really dreading what his codename is...

Has anyone seen any positive comments about the new costume? The most I've seen is people excited for more Diggle (which is the truth, bad costume or no, IMO).

Moving away from the helmet, so he has the full zip up look and what is the pattern on the jacket? Shirt? It looks almost metalish.

I'm glad Diggle is trending everywhere. Nice to see people talking, not so nice to some LL fans trying to shade him.

• Love 2

I'm glad Diggle is trending everywhere. Nice to see people talking, not so nice to some LL fans trying to shade him.

A lot of people are shading him - most of that trend is not good. Makes me sad for DR.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

I'm cool with people shading the costume. Not cool with some fans saying this is what he gets for talking about OTA and Olicity.

ETA This does explain why he hasn't seemed very keen on the costume. He was subdued at the debut at Comic Con.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 7

on the bright side, this helmet has had such a huge negative reaction. It's probably going to change. 

That being said. Arrow S4 is coming and I feel like Jerry in this gif... pardon me, Gerry. 

tumblr_m4rgjjWYYW1qfeoifo1_250.gif

Im not sure I want the trailer... with every bit of information they drop I move further away from my little bubble that tells me s4 will be better than s3. I just want to get to the full episodes. Then I can digest whatever they throw at me. But these teasers only make me dread. How is it the ARROW somehow always finds a way to make be dread what they are gonna give us :(

• Love 2

I'm excited for the trailer. I mean, we knew this was coming - we saw the preview of Diggle's costume at SDCC, only there we thought it was more Daft Punk than Magneto. Costumes haven't ever really been this show's strength. Oliver's original one was good, because it wasn't super fancy and was pieced together by materials I believe anyone would have access to. Sara's was pretty good, too, for the most part, as was Helena's. The further into the crusade we get, the more ridiculous and/or high tech things are going to get. Roy's was kind of ridiculous looking on him - although I do think Thea looks better in it. Laurel's buckles and fingerless gloves are ridiculous, Ray's looked a little bit like a penis, Oliver's suddenly going out without a whole lot of protection on those precious, beautiful arms. Now Digg looks like he's been cast in a high-concept EDM video about futuristic biker gangs. I mean...it is what it is, but bring on that trailer. 

• Love 2

See, I did notice DR looked really subdued at comic con especially his reaction re: the mask, I didn't really know why. But now I do. I don't think he likes it very much. And honestly? I hope the costume department ditches it ASAP and it wouldn't be hard to do nor would it require any changes to the script. 

I guess this is a classic case of 'be careful what you wish for'. 

That being said, I'm going to hold judgement until I see the promo. Because even the teases we've seen haven't really been teases. 

I hope the promo really knocks my socks off :)

That's...really stupid looking. I can buy it on Magneto and Judge Dredd has a better helmet, but Digg is better than this.

See but (and if i remember this correctly, at least from the movies) Magneto wear the mask as a shield so that Xavier will not be able to read his mind and use that machine thing he has (sorry totally forgot it's name) to locate him.

Edited by foreverevolving

See but (and if i remember this correctly, at least from the movies) Magneto wear the mask as a shield so that Xavier will not be able to read his mind and use that machine thing he has (sorry totally forgot it's name) to locate him.

Read his mind, control him or use Cerebro (or now Cerebra) to find him.

I do think a Judge Dredd Helmet would have been better

Poor David Ramsey.  He finally gets a costume, and it's one that looks like it's from a video game of Spartan soldiers.  A helmet may be okay for Ray, who flies around the sky, but it's incredibly stupid for Diggle who needs to move quickly on the ground and for whom peripheral vision is a necessity.

I liked the old costume designer (Oliver's original costume, Helena, Sara) but not this new one.   The buckles for Buckles was ridiculous, Oliver's new costume looks like an escapee from the Jaffa (SG:1) and while he doesn't have buckles, he does have studs all over his torso which will light up nicely so that the bad guys can see exactly where he is to shoot at him.

But Diggle's headgear is the absolute worst.

I'm really glad Felicity doesn't have a costume.

Truer words were never spoken.

• Love 2

I wonder if the two side pieces close together, which would provide more protection & concealment. The sliding together would be kinda cool. I'm still gonna have to fanwank the vision thing, but at least it helps me deal with the weird gap in the middle & hopefully conceal the chin strap. It's only open for the still shot, ability to drink & kiss Lyla.

Ok, that is now how I will deal with this helmet until I see it in action.

Edited by kismet

Doesn't someone else do the costume concept, and she's the one who actually makes it a reality? I recall seeing an interview (it was a while ago, I can't remember who/what it was for) with a guy who did the concept art for quite a few of the Arrow costumes. None of them were main characters, but at the time, Oliver was the only main cast member who actually had a suit. 

I thought the costumes started strong but they just started adding more and more to the costumes and they are too busy now.

All I wanted for Diggle was special ops inspired. Something that looked like a uniform.

So are we getting more individual costume posters?

• Love 1

All I wanted for Diggle was special ops inspired. Something that looked like a uniform.

Special Ops would have made more sense since he's not a classic comic book hero and been a good nod to his background.

It also would have been more "Diggle-like".  He's not someone who wants to take centre stage, just someone who wants to get the job done as professionally as possible and go home to Lyla and Sara.

• Love 3

Superherofeed posted on twitter a comparison of the SDCC picture next to the new one of Diggle's suit and the helmet has some sort of visor that slides down. I guess that's a bit more concealment but it's still terrible.

I looked at that, but I don't think they're the same helmet. The top part is similar, but the one from SDCC left the bottom part of his face exposed. There wasn't this Magneto looking cutout that comes across the lower part of his face.

That helmet really looks like it'll restict his line of sight. Not ideal in a fight.

Oliver's sleeveless suit, Laurel's gloveless hands, and many others outfits in this show is not appropriate for crime fighting either. So, they are sort of keeping up with tradition by giving Diggle a helmet.  

• Love 1

I loved it when Barry suggested that Oliver should wear a mask and Oliver was like, "Well, if you can find something that doesn't interfere with my sight line" or however he phrased it, and I kept thinking, HELLO, YOU WEAR A HOOD OVER YOUR HEAD. That probably obstructs your peripheral vision enough, dude!

Guess Diggle's part of the obstructed vision club now.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

That "Who wore it better?" thing is the hardest I've laughed all week.  Well played, Ryan McGee. 

He was on fire. So many of those pics just hysterical & not that far-fetched. Sometimes humor is in basic observation.

Sounds like a good plan. Let's dead drop a trailer after business hours on the Friday of Labor Day Weekend. Seriously either they don't want people to see it or they are that impressed that they feel people will switch up their plans to watch/promote it. Either way, not good timing from my perspective.

• Love 3

Maybe the timing has something to do with SA attending Dragon Con? His solo panel is scheduled for Friday, 5:30 EST. It's also interesting that the trailer is dropping on his FB page instead of the Arrow page

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2

Maybe the timing has something to do with SA attending Dragon Con? His solo panel is scheduled for Friday, 5:30 EST. It's also interesting that the trailer is dropping on his FB page instead of the Arrow page

Well that's logical. Perhaps it has to do with Dragon Con

I don't see any problem with it being released tomorrow at that time. I think if you're a big enough fan of Arrow, you're gonna find a way to watch the trailer. 

Absolutely, but what about appealing to new fans? I also think it doesn't give the media outlets time to promote it.

If memory serves, didn't Disney drop the first Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer the Friday after Thanksgiving? 

I think that was so they could put it in the theaters & get those audiences since a lot of people go to the movies during Thanksgiving weekend.

Absolutely, but what about appealing to new fans? I also think it doesn't give the media outlets time to promote it.

I think media outlets will promote it regardless. And I'm sure the trailer or maybe a shortened version of it will roll out on the network  during the week. 

• Love 1