Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

So DD is evil evil and has no code like RAG who was only slightly evil. Except when he was really evil which I know because when I (and others) would question his actions that didn't make sense with his "code," the EPs told me it was because he was evil.

Why haven't I learned to stop reading Arrow press? It only serves to irritate me.

• Love 7

All i am gonna say is the article was written by Natalie Abrams and it wasnt a direct quote.

Oh, that makes me feel a little better, then. I still remember the hubbub she started when she "revealed" that Felicity would be Ray's EA last season.

I have low expectations this season and I'm trying hard not to judge before we see anything but 7 episodes is a joke. Naw, son. Stop this. 

Unfortunately I think the 2-part crossover (episodes 8) is the actual launch for LOT so 7 episodes of table setting sounds about right.  Is Laurel getting her normal 3 ep arc (11-13)?  Perhaps I shouldn't bother tuning in until 15? LOL!

Oh, that makes me feel a little better, then. I still remember the hubbub she started when she "revealed" that Felicity would be Ray's EA last season.

But she basically was... He called her VP but we never actually saw her do anything different than what she did with OQ as his EA. She got her own office that was about it.

(edited)

I disagree, and not only because we saw Felicity have an EA of her own who got her coffee.  She worked on special projects for Ray (the damaged hard drive, the ATOM suit), she stood beside him at the Palmer Tech name-change reveal (something an EA wouldn't do), she went with him to a business dinner to sell the company so the guy would sell him the mine, she had her own office on a separate floor and never scheduled Ray the way she had Oliver or got bagels for his meetings, and we saw her working late at night on her own work.  I thought it was pretty clear that whatever she did, it wasn't managing Ray's schedule or meetings the way she had Oliver's.

I'm excited to see Mr. Terrific, who works for Felicity because yay, let's let Felicity have a minion of her own.  I also hope she has a major role in finding Ray again.

I'm also glad that Sara is going to be coming back on Arrow because that's where her real connection is, to Quentin, Laurel and Oliver. Then she can go off to LoT, but the real dramatic payoff for her return is going to be on Arrow.

Let Captain Cold, Heatwave (both of whom I hate), Martin Stein and Hawkgirl be set up on The Flash, and Ray and Sara on Arrow. Then they can all go off on their own show when the time traveller arrives.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 7

Im excited about Mr. Terrific. I'm excited for FS to actually have her own storyline. I don't consider most of s3 to really be about her. I honestly could careless about finding Ray. Find him & ship him to Flash. I hope they spend very few minutes on his actual recovery. I don't begrudge him a spinoff but I would rather just see him there. If all of FS 4a plot is wrapped up in rescuing RP, I will be greatly disappointed.

Sara's return does interest me. I hope they do it right because it has so much potential. It can literally impact every character in a realistic & believable way.

• Love 5

I just checked, looks like LoT starts filming September 9th. Arrow would be done with 5/6 episodes by then, but that doesn't mean some LoT cast members couldn't do both (like they did the big Arrow/Flash crossovers last year).

Earlier reports had the LoT cast stating filming as of August, which is why I was sure they couldn't take over the full front half of the season but Sept gives them all the time in the world.

Still, the Ray thing can't possibly take too much time and he'll be shrunk on not interacting with anyone probably at first. And I really do want to see Sara's story. And since she's being sent to the spin off, chances are really good that it IS Sara's story and not propping duty.

• Love 1

I'm just dreading the amount of budget $$ we are spending for the ARROW writers to get over their Honey I Shrunk the Kids fetish for a useless plot point & spinoff set up. We already lost good money last year, why should we have to spend out again?

• Love 9

I just posted the extended LoT trailer that was shown at SDCC over at the LoT forum (some fan asked MG about it on tumblr and he posted the youtube link).  It sounds like everyone thinks BR was killed in that PT explosion, but then he turns up and explains that he was just really small.

(edited)

If they can't get Oracle, I don't see how they can get Nightwing, for the same reason. Nightwing is the lead on TNT's Titans show (although I'm starting to doubt if that show is ever going to actually make it to air).

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

I'm beginning to wonder if DC is attempting to stall Titans because they are launching into Batman v Superman and suicide squad. And obviously we wouldn't be able to keep the mediums separated.

• Love 1
(edited)

In TV fanatic SA interview he teases “We do something at the end of our first episode that we’ve never done on the show. You’ll know it when you see it.”
—  
I have a feeling this will be related to the "haunting" that everyone talked about in the TVline article. I am intrigued about what it could be. I still sorta believe that it will be regarding the Lance family & SL's resurrection. But then another part of me thinks -

-we've already seen people resurrected from the dead & LP resurrections.

-we've seen pseudo brainwashing, dreams/nightmares, good guys doing bad things, bad guys doing good things, corruption, coercion, torture, drugs, sex, death, surprise death, surprise character returns, surprise family members come from out of nowhere, "surprise your'e a .."

What have they not really done????

- Here's hoping its not flash-forwards, but maybe the writers spent too much time watching Lost for inspiration? But maybe they might try that since SA is getting a little bit more mature looking that playing younger is not as believable even with the wigs of power - perhaps they're finding another way...

OR

-Could it really just be a display of DD's dark magic that is the new thing that haunts everyone? Could it be completely unrelated to any other character drama?

Consider me intrigued.

Edited by kismet
(edited)

Flash forwards have no value on a show like Arrow. I can barely stand them on other shows. It really means the main part of the show becomes a flashback. Ew.

I guess I hope it will be about the magic and mysticism that has been mentioned. Adding in the word Mysticism to the previously tptb talked about magic and then using the word Haunting just intrigues me. I will be beyond bitter if there are Flash forwards...

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 3

I mean it has no Value for me. I will 100% stop watching. Arrow is a superhero show that will have the large chunk of the show wasted as for as character delvelopement because we are already seeing where the character ends up. Just cancel the show and make a tv movie about where the chacters end up. I don't need a multi season arc showing me. The "present" will be about cool stunts for me now if I would still watch. Which I wouldn't.

What if Damien Darhk's magic or mysticism has to do with making each member see their greatest fears or loved ones being hurt in the future?

He gets to them by a potion or whatever and then the reason for that phone call from Thea is really just a hallucination in Oliver's mind. So they just have to turn around to go back home.

(edited)

In TV fanatic SA interview he teases “We do something at the end of our first episode that we’ve never done on the show. You’ll know it when you see it.”

I think it'll be magic & mysticism.  There was a lot said in the SDCC interviews about this element being introduced on the show.  PB also hinted that Quentin will be involved in the last scene of 4x01.  We also know that DD is already in Starling City when S4 begins.  So my guess is that the last scene will involve DD and Quentin.  Maybe DD will offer to resurrect Sara in return for Quentin doing something for him and, as incentive, conjures up Sara's spirit or ghost.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
(edited)

Because I am somewhat anal retentive, I am in the process of going back through various threads in this forum and collecting all of the S4 info that was revealed by EPs/cast at SDCC, and also all of the S4 spoilers.  When I'm done, I'm going to post a summary of the combined information, organized by topic, in this thread.  Here are the topics:

General S4 Info
Episode 4x01
Team Arrow
Olicity
Oliver
Felicity
Diggle
Laurel
Quentin
Thea
Malcolm
Damien Darhk
Mr. Terrific
Anarky
Patty
Flash/LoT Crossover Info

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 8

Re: the Olicity mountaintop pic that SA just posted on FB/Twitter --- interesting outfit on Felicity considering they're hiking somewhere strenuous enough to require trekking poles.

• Love 2

They look so refreshed. A ponytail would totally be appropriate there too.

Because I am somewhat anal retentive, I am in the process of going back through various threads in this forum and collecting all of the S4 info that was revealed by EPs/cast at SDCC, and also all of the S4 spoilers.  When I'm done, I'm going to post a summary of the combined information, organized by topic, in this thread.  Here are the topics:

General S4 Info
Episode 4x01
Team Arrow
Olicity
Oliver
Felicity
Diggle
Laurel
Quentin
Thea
Malcolm
Damien Darhk
Mr. Terrific
Anarky
Patty
Flash/LoT Crossover Info

Thank You!

• Love 2
(edited)

Did any of you follow the weeks on Twitter when so many Olicity fans were posting pictures and postcards from the road.?#Olicitytravels if I recall. That picture would have fit in perfectly. Most stuff tagged MG, the actors and the writers so I like to think there was some inspiration taken from that very fun campaign. :D

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 9

I'm going with the theory that OQ is the one hiking and this is an after shot. FS probably drove the Porsche up to the secret & romantic cabin on the mountaintop. She opened an amazing bottle of red wine and cracked a good book while she waited for OQ to hike up the mountain to meet her. Perhaps she is running them a lovely bubbly bath, which they will enjoy momentarily.

As for OQ looking so good... Please he always looks good. NO amount of hiking it gonna ruin that. Plus he's gotten a lot of 1 on 1 workout sessions with FS this trip, so a little hiking shouldn't really cause him to break into a huge sweat.

But I am loving FS's hair, I hope they keep it like that. I loved her hair in s 1&2 (2 being my fav so far), but I really couldn't stand a lot of it in s3 it was just too big & pageanty. This photo however shows body & soft curls which I like. 

Those smiles those are priceless... I also love how SA is becoming so fangirly in his tweets regarding the pairing.

• Love 5
(edited)

Did someone go onto IMDB and do some fan casting? Because apart from the tweet from the guy who is playing Hal Jordan (per IMDB, which could be wrong), there's a rumored Carol Ferris, and someone listed as Oliver's son - and that kid is 17 years old. 

This only gets me vaguely excited for my preferred method of introducing the kid, which is that the unnamed woman who Oliver got pregnant actually did miscarry Oliver's child, and the mother is someone else, and that the kid is older. But then, an older kid means he could be around a lot more. Bleh. 

Here's hoping someone on IMDB pro just went in and did some fan casting. Probably likely since the son is listed under 3 different names?

Edited by apinknightmare
(edited)

It must be fan casting because there's no way that Oliver's kid would be 17. 10 at most, if that. And the Hal Jordan thing I think comes from the fact that Oliver and Felicity supposedly settle in Coast City for a while and that's where Ferris Air is located.

Editing to post this: http://comicbook.com/2015/07/20/arrows-guggenheim-says-hal-jordan-unlikely-since-hell-probably-b/

So yeah. Fan casting.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1

It must be fan casting because there's no way that Oliver's kid would be 17. 10 at most, if that. And the Hal Jordan thing I think comes from the fact that Oliver and Felicity supposedly settle in Coast City for a while and that's where Ferris Air is located.

I mean, he/she could be older, but only if the woman they're trying to sell as the kid's mother actually had a miscarriage and the kid's mother was actually someone else. But even then a realistic age would only be 13 or 14, since it doesn't seem like  good idea to have Oliver knock someone up at 14 or 15. 

So, probably fan casting. Hopefully fan casting.

• Love 1

IMDb is so hit or miss. I never realized how much it gets messed with until I got into Arrow. The Vixen pages cracked me up. It listed KC for the cast based off of a piece of fanart for the longest time. I just checked it and they finally updated it with the confirmed cast, but she is still listed.

People at IMDb seem to.enjoy making shit up. I think you have to pay for an IMDbPro account which seems really odd. I'm going to pay just so I can post BS casting and episode descriptions! Very weird to me.

• Love 1
(edited)

It's probably people messing with the fans but they could always do Oliver's son from Future times comes mingles with the younger version of his dad. Perhaps that is how time travel and Rip Hunter is introduced to Oliver&Team Arrow?

Also there's those Fast Forward fears-Shiver...

Edited by tarotx

Regardless of the IMDB spoilery fan casting rumours... but fireplaces are so spoilery. :)

If OQ & FS settle in Coast City and the flashbacks are set in Coast City.... do we think that OQ has decided to open up a lot to FS and allow her into his past life? If so that is a big departure from the more secretive OQ of s1-3. To open up to FS, introduce her to his friends from that time and tell her more of whatever happened in the 4th year of his Island time would be a big relationship step. It would be a step that I would welcome. it would also show that OQ has matured and grown that he would be willing to trust FS with more of his secrets and not so pretty past. It would show further cement that they have a more equal partnership.

It would also be a departure for the show to have both the flashbacks & the present set in the same area. But it could be something that helps to maximize sets & budgets. Which in the 4th season might not be that bad of an idea.

• Love 1

Maybe there will be some humor derived out of a tiny Ray trying to get Felicity's attention while she's at work at PT, and Felicity thinking she's being bothered by an insect and swatting him away.

• Love 3

You know, I was actually pretty ok with all the episodes devoted to setting up the LoT characters but it's really starting to bug me that the big, special crossover event is likely to severely sideline some of the characters from Flash and Arrow which all of them mixing mostly equal together was just what I liked about the crossovers. 

The dread, it is rebuilding. 

• Love 4

Laurel, Thea and Quentin were pretty sidelined during the previous crossover event, getting less screen time than a non-contract character like Lyla, and only fans of those three seemed to care about the unequal treatment then. It's hard to juggle even two casts' worth of characters together, let alone three. No one said the crossovers had to spotlight everyone. Last year's story was such that certain supporting characters made more sense than others. It might be the same again this year only different characters will have to be sidelined.

The point of last year's crossover was to get viewers of The Flash introduced to Arrow, and viewers of Arrow introduced to The Flash, so the main "teams" were highlighted during those crossovers.

Seems the point of the S4 crossover will be to get viewers of both shows to watch LoT, so I suspect characters from the spinoff will feature heavily, with the main characters from both shows (apart from maybe Oliver and Barry) being sidelined to make room for the LoT people.

• Love 8

Sara

CaptainCold

HeatWave

HawkGirl

Stein

Rip Hunter

Ray

Oliver

Barry

That's two more people then where featured in the first crossover. I was thinking that Laurel may have a bigger role, but with Sara being brought back earlier on Arrow than all the sister stuff will probably be out of the way by then. It would be really hard for them to focus on any more people.

• Love 2
(edited)

The characters who were sidelined in the first crossover have more reason to be included now, so maybe we'll see more of them. During the 1st crossover, Laurel hadn't buckled up yet (and she was pretty angry at Oliver for getting involved in her training), and Thea and Quentin weren't aware that Oliver was the Arrow yet, so there wasn't really any way to include them more than they already were. Plus, no offense to people I know feel otherwise, but I doubt TPTB considered those two enough of a draw to try to work into the plot during a crossover.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 9
(edited)

I can't help but think the crossovers are gonna be a bit messy? As @apinknightmare said, certain characters didn't feature much in the crossovers last season because they hadn't suited up yet or they weren't in on the secret. Laurel, Thea, Quentin and Iris, for example. Now all those people know Oliver's secret, Iris knows Barry's secret and Laurel and Thea are suited up and working on the team. So now there's no logical reason for them not to be included. Then we have the LoT cast on top of the normal 'Flarrow' cast and it's a lot. I can't see any one character getting much focus tbh. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1

I think it'll end up being more backdoor pilot with appearances by Oliver and Barry than a true Arrow/Flash crossover. I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of the Arrow/Flash regulars weren't even involved at all. 

• Love 8

I sort of wish the crossover event focuses on one character only -- say, Rip Hunter showing up and messing with everyone's minds in two different cities -- rather than they do a giant portfolio display of every single character ever equally receiving 325.67 seconds of screen time as to not ~upset anyone. Writing tv not to upset people is dumb.

• Love 3

Basically the network didn't have enough $$$ to give LoT a full season, so they are eating up the budgets of Arrow & Flash to do their story.

But whatever... yeah crossover!. :/ Please visualize me waving a crossover flag like the Genie in Aladdin when he cheered for Jafar.

• Love 1