Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

We're rapidly running out of 'tonight' so I wonder when the announcement is going to be.

Well the WB panel is in about 90 minutes.

On a non-spoilery note, if they consistently keep the cast up this late, no wonder poor Amell needs an IV every fortnight (presumably it has vitamins and glucose etc!).

And he still has Nerd HQ tomorrrow "morning" (quotes because it'll be noon where I am)

It is WAY lying to you.  I live in San Diego

Hah, sorted it.  It SAID Pacific Time but was actually displaying Eastern Time. Sneaky.

Can't wait for the Big Bad annoucement, although surely it has to be Ra's.

(edited)

In the comments section under this video there is a link to an interview with David Ramsey about a possible Suicide Squad spin-off. DR also mentions that Lyla is head of A.R.G.U.S. but might not be at the end of the season. Wonder what happened to Waller? Is she going to be one of the villains in the early going?

Edited by Sunshine

IGN Live panel tidbits from Reddit

Arrow IGN Live Panel
The panel had Stephen Amell, Marc Guggeheim and Katie Cassidy.
No Olicity questions which was a little disappointing for me but it was fun anyway.
I tried to type as fast as I could, and i think i hit all the important stuff.
So the highlights:
There are clues to what happen in Season 3 embedded in Season 1.
The moderators asked Stephen if he has any specific diet to maintain his physique for the show.Stephen said that he was really carefully about his diet earlier on but then he decided to go on living his life. He works out a lot and has a lot of physical stuff to do so it helps him stay in shape.
For Laurel: expect the unexpected. Katie Cassidy is anxious to start kicking butt and become a crime fighter.
Marc Guggenheim reveals that the threat this season is more psychological and not along the lines of blowing the city up. There is a lot battles for people’s souls this season. Every one will be going through some identity crisis.
Stephen feels that its nice to have a new wrinkle to the flash backs and having a couple of allies in teh flashbacks and seeing the beginning stages of Oliver’s relationship with Amanda Waller.
The facebook question was about what Stephen admired most about Oliver and if he has adopted that specific trait. Stephen said he is very impulsive but Oliver is not. He hopes to adopt being more patient, calculating and thinking before speaking like Oliver does. (Oliver is patient alright. Waited 3 years to ask out the love of his life to dinner!) Marc joked that he would like to have Oliver’s abs. And katie joked that she was impressed about the number of women Oliver has been involved with! (she was really funny about it)
Katie talked about how amazing it was having Caity lotz on teh show. And they spoke about how Sara was central to everything that going to happen in season 3 (this scares me! are they going to kill Sara off and make that a motivator for Laurel’s transition to the Black Canary?). MArc guggenheim said that there is a pivotal scene in the season premiere between the Lance sisters that actually help set Laurel on her own path this season.
There is going to be a season trailer with NEW FOOTAGE! Footage not seen on yesterday’s trailer! OMG!
I have to stay up till like 5 am or make sure my alarm wakes me up to see that trailer now don’t I?
(edited)

Ok, that is hands down the most distressing interview yet. NO SALMON LADDER?  Oliver, Oliver. I support you and Felicity. Truly I do. BUT TURNING YOUR BACK ON YOUR TRUE LOVE?  This is not healthy. And by not healthy, I mean, not healthy FOR ME.

GULP.

I know.  This news is very distressing for me.  To make myself feel better, I had to go look at the pics of David Ramsey's arms. It helps. :)

Edited by MsSchadenfreude
  • Love 2
MArc guggenheim said that there is a pivotal scene in the season premiere between the Lance sisters that actually help set Laurel on her own path this season.

Hopefully that means a path where she chooses her own name and doesn't take one that belongs to someone else. I also hope they know that killing another person off for Laurel may give her motivation but it won't get her any fans. 

Well, we know Sara is alive in episode 3 so at least we know the important interaction between the sisters that sets Laurel on her path doesn't right now involve Sara dying. 

Emily says the date is a pivotal scene for O and F as a couple, though the date doesnt last even so long that they get food
She didn't know the episode about F back-story was called Oracle.
Colton talks about his Arsenal gear and how they actually wanted to introduce it in last part of season 2, that there are some cool moments with F and R. They touched upon Theroy.
Thea wont be the same as before, Willa has been hitting the gim, that her relationship with Merlyn is interesting (already knows she shouldn't trust Malcolm) The only secret he is keeping from Thea is the fact that O is Arrow.

(edited)

EBR was so cute with not knowing that her episode is called "Oracle" 

Well, we know Sara is alive in episode 3 so at least we know the important interaction between the sisters that sets Laurel on her path doesn't right now involve Sara dying.

I never thought they'd kill off Sara in episode 2, but I have a feeling that Sara dying is their brilliant endgame plan for Laurel to completely take over the mantle. So it's pretty much another season of waiting for Sara's death. 

Edited by Sakura12
(edited)

Willa is cute teasing Emily who just stepped off the plane.  It looks like she's getting frustrated that all she's allowed to say that the Thea that left Starling City is not the Thea that returns.  Her relationship with Merlyn is pretty great because she already knows she can't trust him and their relationship is going to have a pretty cool dynamic and she's open to a new relationship with Poppa.

Colton says that there are cool moments with Felicity and Roy.

It looks like they really get along well together, and they had nice things to say about the fans. At one point, someone calls out to Emily from below and she turns and waves.

I hope that Felicity doesn't become Oracle, but I could see her filling the role for Canary or something in an episode with a psychic villain as a fake-out title.

Or they could go back to the original meaning of oracle, someone who serves to deliver hidden meaning or divine knowledge, making her an oracle of the future rather than the Oracle of BoP.  

Edited by statsgirl
(edited)

This article has a lot of interesting tidbits from today's press room interviews:

A New List. When Arrow returns — after a five month time jump from the events of the finale — Team Arrow will once again be crossing names off a list. Amell says that they’ve compiled a list of the crime bosses in Starling City and have spent the last five months crossing off names.

Oliver + Romance. Amell firmly said “Oliver has one woman this year: that woman is Felicity. Some of the stuff that we do in the premiere [whether it means they're going to be together, etc], we talk about some pretty important stuff and if Oliver were to have a fling it would undermine some of that. I think that the cavalcade of women is going to stop.”

Roy’s Journey to Hero. “Something we really have to watch out for is we don’t know how long…if the cure is really going to last and I think Roy’s really volatile in that aspect,” Haynes said. “He’s able to tap into a lot of his emotions so I think that’s going to play a big part in this season with having Thea gone, with trying to adapt to having expectations put on you, in a way. And also the jealously of the team with Roy being brought in and being involved in a lot of the things that the others are involved in.” Of course, there’s also the added complication of what Roy did under the influence of the mirakuru. “No one has told Roy that he’s killed two cops. Eventually he’s going to have to find that out. Eventually other people are going to have to find that he’s a murderer.” He also mentioned that soon we’ll be seeing a DC character coming in “[who has ties to] Roy’s backstory from the comics.” He/she won’t be a relative of Roy. Amell also said that Oliver and Roy are “in a really great place, but there are skeletons in Roy’s closet that he’s eventually going to discover this year that put him at odds with himself and, thus, at odds with Oliver.”

Thea and Malcolm. The writers are looking forward to showing a new side to Thea, according to Berlanti. Barrowman hinted that fans will be surprised by the relationship between Thea and Malcolm. “Malcolm is grasping on to Thea because it’s the one thing that he has left that he’s part of his family, his life. He lost his son because he wasn’t able to control him in the way that he wanted to emotionally.” But Thea is another chance.

Queen Consolidated and Ray Palmer. “There’s a new gentleman who wants to buy Queen Consolidated [in season 3]. Specifically for their tech division. He figures out pretty soon that there was an IT woman there who was then Oliver’s assistant who seemed to have a bizarre career trajectory at the company so he goes looking for her. And wants her to be a part of the company,” Berlanti hinted.

The Flashbacks. Amell pointed out that when we see flashbacks in season 3, we’ve essentially hit the mid-point of Oliver’s five year journey on the island and beyond. “I feel like once we hit the downside of the hill on flashbacks then they will keep getting cooler.” He also gave a hint about the upcoming Tommy flashback where Oliver is on a rooftop and sees Tommy speaking to his father. This year’s flashbacks will also explain some portions of previous flashbacks, including why Fyers wanted to shoot down an airliner.

Laurel and Team Arrow. Amell says Laurel is “super involved” in Team Arrow in season 3. “There’s a great line in the premiere: ‘you catch ‘em, I cook ‘em’.”

More at http://www.screenfad.com/arrow/arrow-comic-con-press-room-season-3-spoilers-23264

Edited by strikera0

This article has a lot of interesting tidbits from today's press room interviews:

http://www.screenfad.com/arrow/arrow-comic-con-press-room-season-3-spoilers-23264

From the interview:

“There’s a new gentleman who wants to buy Queen Consolidated [in season 3]. Specifically for their tech division. He figures out pretty soon that there was an IT woman there who was then Oliver’s assistant who seemed to have a bizarre career trajectory at the company so he goes looking for her. And wants her to be a part of the company,” Berlanti hinted.

This is great news, and hopefully lays to rest the fears that Felicity will wind up as Palmer's EA - it definitely sounds like he's seeking her out because she's clearly someone special.

• Love 3
(edited)

There's one lady in Oliver's life. Just one. ...[question I can't make out]  No, there's one woman in Oliver's life this year. [she suggests something I can make out]  No, it's Felicity.

[another question] The ship has sailed on those romances.  I don't think that we'll ever see Oliver and Sara or Oliver and Laurel together again.  I mean they'll be together, but just not together.  They'll be team mates, but no, we discover in the pilot the way that Oliver feels about Felicity. So, because of that, if we just introduce random love interests, it would kind of undersell what we do in the premier. 

So there it is.

He also talks about that the pilot laid out the themes for s1, and the first episode in s2 laid out what happened in the season and the same for the first episode in s3.  

The hardest scene he ever  had to shoot was the one with Susanna Thompson when Oliver finds out he's lost the baby because his daughter was 5 months old then, and it was the last one he shot with ST and some of his real feelings came through.

When OIiver and Thea finally meet up, he's more honest with her and reveals things he didn't before.

Unless the character is evolving, people are gong to lose interest in  him.  (me:  good for him)

It's really nice how much he supports how strong the TV show is compared to making a movie.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 6

That's a pretty bold statement to make by SA. For his sake, I sincerely hope that the writers won't throw a curveball at him in season 5 or 6 because otherwise, I fear that he will face the wrath of disappointed shippers.

• Love 5

That's huge! Wow!

From the interview:

“There’s a new gentleman who wants to buy Queen Consolidated [in season 3]. Specifically for their tech division. He figures out pretty soon that there was an IT woman there who was then Oliver’s assistant who seemed to have a bizarre career trajectory at the company so he goes looking for her. And wants her to be a part of the company,” Berlanti hinted.

This is great news, and hopefully lays to rest the fears that Felicity will wind up as Palmer's EA - it definitely sounds like he's seeking her out because she's clearly someone special.

Oh I hope Ray offers her a good position.

I had thought/hoped they might do that as a contrast to Olicity, have Ray give Felicity a job more befitting her strengths. Oliver knows what she can do but he's very myopic and mission first so he doesn't care if Felicity isn't happy being an EA because it's what the mission demands.

Wow! Well I stand corrected.  I never expected that the show runners would just choose a love interest and that's it.  I was sure they wouldn't be able to resist more Lance sister shenanigans.  

Well if that's settled, then let's get back to blowing stuff up, Oliver's bad hair flashbacks and more Diggle!

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm not surprised about Oliver and Sara - even though I didn't hate it like a lot of people did, I never saw it as a long term relationship. I am surprised, however, that Amell would so definitively shut the door on Lauriver. That really is a major statement. Especially in the light of Cassidy's comments earlier this summer.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 5

Wow. That's pretty big, to say that we'll never see Oliver and Laurel together again. That's kind of a major statement.

Yeah, I hope someone outright told him that, because...

Also, good news about Felicity and Ray. I really can't wait to see their dynamic. And I REALLY can't wait to see Thea come back.

I don't think we should take whatever Amell says to be long term Just last season he was saying that Oliver and Felicity cannot be together and he's saying stg different here. Storylines continuously change and who knows whats going to happen in Season 4 or even Season 5.

• Love 1

I don't think we should take whatever Amell says to be long term Just last season he was saying that Oliver and Felicity cannot be together and he's saying stg different here. Storylines continuously change and who knows whats going to happen in Season 4 or even Season 5.

Well, I mean...he didn't lie. They still can't, since they're calling it quits after their date.

Plans change, but given that he feels comfortable enough to say this makes me feel like Lauriver's sunk for now, which makes me hopeful that it'll be sunk forever.

• Love 5
(edited)

He wouldn't say it unless the EPs gave him permission to say it.  He's smart enough to know that.

Anything can change (the show goes on forever, EBR is out for some reason, an amazing storyline comes along) but it looks like right now Lauriver is dead.  But I can see why they might want to put it out there right now, and be able to concentrate on the adventure and Oliver's personal growth instead of shipping wars.

For both Laurel's and my sake, I'm glad.  Now they can concentrate on her being a good attorney and whatever else, and I can plan on watching the show.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4
(edited)

I think the key part of the phrase though is "I don't think." Just because Amell doesn't think Oliver and Laurel or Oliver and Sara will ever be together again doesn't mean it's actually true. He may be the star of the show but he's not the one who makes the decisions. And I think he could make such statements without permission because A)It's just his opinion and will have little or no impact on management decisions and B)As the star he is the only one of the cast who really doesn't have to worry about being fired.

As for the rooftop scene with Laurel and Sara, this is what I would like to see:

STARLING CITY ROOFTOP

Laurel: Sara?

Sara: Hi sis. Hey, my old jacket looks good on you.

Laurel: Thanks. I see got a new one. I think...  Her eyes suddenly roll back in her head and she collapses.

Sara turns to see Nyssa, just lowering her dart gun. Sara: Damn it, Nys!

Nyssa just shrugs.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 4

I think the key part of the phrase though is "I don't think." Just because Amell doesn't think Oliver and Laurel or Oliver and Sara will ever be together again doesn't mean it's actually true. He may be the star of the show but he's not the one who makes the decisions. And I think he could make such statements without permission because A)It's just his opinion and will have little or no impact on management decisions and B)As the star he is the only one of the cast who really doesn't have to worry about being fired.

As for the rooftop scene with Laurel and Sara, this is what I would like to see:

STARLING CITY ROOFTOP

Laurel: Sara?

Sara: Hi sis. Hey, my old jacket looks good on you.

Laurel: Thanks. I see got a new one. I think...  Her eyes suddenly roll back in her head and she collapses.

Sara turns to see Nyssa, just lowering her dart gun. Sara: Damn it, Nys!

Nyssa just shrugs.

I definitely think he could make such statements without permission. I just think it's maybe not the best idea do so (not that fandom backlash would fall back on him or anything), especially when it involves a divisive character like Laurel and a ship favorite like Felicity.

I'm all for another Nyssa al Ghul tranquilizer special.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think Stephen Amell cares too much about the show and making it the best they possibly can, and is too responsible to throw out stuff that he doesn't know for a fact is true.  His opinion may have no effect on management decisions (although it seems to have in the past like the introduction of the baby) but it does affect audience reaction. 

Alternate Rooftop scene:

Sara:  [fighting bad guys who have kidnapped Laurel]  Bam!  Bash!  Punch!

Laurel:  Thanks, Sis.

Sara:  Look, Laurel, I can't keep doing this. I've got LoA work to do.  Here's a membership to a gym where you can learn to fight and save yourself.  Now go out and try to be strong.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

Watching that interview, Amell seemed pretty damn sure of himself. I know he's supremely confident but I don't think he'd go that far out on a limb about those relationships especially Lauriver if he didn't have some kind of insight.

• Love 4

One of the things that's been evident to me from Stephen's FB chats is that he's not prone to speaking off the cuff, and he's not careless about the things he says regarding the show. So for him to make such a definitive statement speaks volumes to me. So does his demeanor when he's discussing it. He seems pretty happy about it.

• Love 7

There's one lady in Oliver's life. Just one. ...[question I can't make out]  No, there's one woman in Oliver's life this year. [she suggests something I can make out]  No, it's Felicity.

[another question] The ship has sailed on those romances.  I don't think that we'll ever see Oliver and Sara or Oliver and Laurel together again.  I mean they'll be together, but just not together.  They'll be team mates, but no, we discover in the pilot the way that Oliver feels about Felicity. So, because of that, if we just introduce random love interests, it would kind of undersell what we do in the premier.

Ok, so technically, all he is saying is that he thinks we won't see those ships again, but that's still HUGE!!!!!! 

I'm going to try to take it with a grain of salt because plans do change and I remember in season five being told by the Smallville powers that be that Clark and Lana was a dead horse and would never happen again cue Clana angst stretched out through season 8. 

On that happy note, I still feel like it's a clear signal that at the very least, Olicity as end game is in the real running, not just for show this season. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I guess if that really turns out to be true and isn't just hyperbole, the producers may have opted for a compromise indeed, like other's around here have speculated: They chose to abandon the Oliver/Laurel direction but decided to stick to Laurel as Black Canary. Maybe they think they can salvage that part of her character easier (and I definitely do think that she will be better off if the writers let her move on). I'm happy for the shippers, but it looks like the Sara fans (of which I am one) are the ones to lose out in the end. Unfortunately, you can't please everyone...

Edited by shadow2008
  • Love 1

I don't think Sara fans lose out (of which I am one). Her relationship with Oliver is not what defined her character. Sara has Nyssa, she's alive and she is the Black Canary until something changes.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm happy for the shippers, but it looks like the Sara fans (of which I am one) are the ones to lose out in the end. Unfortunately, you can't please everyone...

Agreed, unfortunately. I'm happy about no more Lauriver, but even just keeping Laurel as Black Canary means we Sara fans will eventually lose out where she's concerned.

I don't think Sara fans lose out (of which I am one). Her relationship with Oliver is not what defined her character. Sara has Nyssa, she's alive and she is the Black Canary until something changes.

The something changing is the problem. If Laurel is to become Black Canary, something will eventually have to change with Sara. And I don't like any of the possible options. For now, I'm happy she's alive and still Black Canary, but I'm fully aware that if the writers persist in making Laurel Black Canary eventually, that Sara's status is somehow going to have to change.

Edited by Starfish35
(edited)

I guess if that sticks, it really looks like the producers opted for the compromise:They chose to abandon the Oliver/Laurel direction but decided to stick to Laurel as Black Canary. Maybe they think they can salvage that part of her character easier (and I definitely do think that she will be better off if the writers let her move on). I'm happy for the shippers, but it looks like the Sara fans (of which I am one) are the ones to lose out in the end. Unfortunately, you can't please everyone...

I don't think Sara is going to lose out at all. To me it seems like the EPs love Sara and conversely never know what to do with Laurel, as evidenced by how they've treated both of their characters. I don't think these EPs are as tied to comic-canon as people seem to think they are.

Edited by drspaceman10
  • Love 4