Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I think Felicity catching the bouquet and Ray being a minister won't have any further significance, but were thrown in there by the EPs 'just because' or to tease fans.  I don't want an Oliver & Felicity marriage this season because it's only season 3 and it would mean the EPs would likely break them up in season 4.

In thinking further about the EPs' original five-year plan, I actually now think that they might've planned (initially) for Oliver & Laurel to reunite during the course of the series but ultimately break up by the end (like in the comics) with Oliver as the Green Arrow being alone but mentally all together at the end - in other words, no endgame pairing.  Most likely, they hoped to spin off the Black Canary into her own series.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I have to admit, I kind of dismissed the new LoA lady as a potential bride to Oliver because she looks older than the 18-34 demo, and the CW finds those of us who dared pass 35 icky.

Unless Ra's is marrying her, then it's okay.

• Love 3

I think Felicity catching the bouquet and Ray being a minister won't have any further significance, but were thrown in there by the EPs 'just because' or to tease fans.  I don't want an Oliver & Felicity marriage this season because it's only season 3 and it would mean the EPs would likely break them up in season 4.

In thinking further about the EPs' original five-year plan, I actually now think that they might've planned (initially) for Oliver & Laurel to reunite during the course of the series but ultimately break up by the end (like in the comics) with Oliver as the Green Arrow being alone but mentally all together at the end - in other words, no endgame pairing.  Most likely, they hoped to spin off the Black Canary into her own series.

I would totally want Felicity and Oliver to get married if I trusted these writers to leave it at a mature and supportive relationship that added to Oliver's journey to becoming whole again. But I don't trust them, I think tropes is all they know how to write and god forbid anyone ever try to break away from the tropest trope to ever trope - ESPECIALLY when it comes to writing romance. So Oliver/Felicity getting married this season is a hard pass for me too.

I like your theory about Black Canary and Arrow, and it would explain why they made it so toxic, even back in season 1 (in season 2 I think they were actively trying to torpedo it to make way for a new pairing).

• Love 2
(edited)

I have to disagree about the theory. I think they had every plan of having Laurel and Oliver end up together but sadly for them anti-chemistry got in the way. they were probably planning on having Oliver and Laurel reunite in the third season, but instead had to revise it to Felicity.

Also, notice in the scene when Palmer is high-fiving Grumpy Ollie, he's wearing the remote control - and the suit high-fives the air in the foreground (nice touch).

I literally had to watch that part like three times and slow mo it to see it.

that's pretty cool, although to be honest in today's age a bit dangerous, that his suit can be remote controlled, this can potentially mean that any hacker good enough can hack the suit and you know....

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 3
(edited)

Imo its too soon for o/f wedding. I think the bouquet, ring on it comments are all a red herring. But that being said like mentioned above they do have the foundation to consider marrying each other. And arrow does like to jump the shark so who knows? Plz no oq flashback wedding. He brings enough romantic baggage.

MG did say we would see a wedding & marriage. So that means that whoever ties the knot will have to likely be In the same geographical area. So if it is o/f that means she is likely staying behind in np. Maybe she joins the league too? They did say we would see how much fs was willing to give up.

On the other hand, if they are able to resolve this ras thing in 1 episode, I'll be pretty pissed they wasted all season on this obnoxious arc. Especially if nyssa is just easily given the reigns anyway (dont care that its her, just care we wasted months to get us virtually to same point)

Edited by kismet
(edited)

Holy hell the close up of him taking her top off. WOWZA. He looks so intense and yeah. I'm gonna stop.

I also don't see any significance in Felicity catching the bouquet. I really think MG was being a troll-y troll to tease fans because that's what he loves to do. And Ray being a minister was just a way of writing him into the plot.

Also, is anyone else worried about Diggle? There was nothing of Diggle in that promo and it's annoyed me. DIGGLE MATTERS.

Edited by Guest
(edited)

I'm on the fence on whether I think it's too soon for Oliver and Felicity to be getting married. Two and a half years of truth and trust and falling in love and working really well together vs. they only went on half a date and have no idea how being in an actual relationship is like. And if this is happening, of course it also depends on the circumstances, so... I don't know.

However, "too soon" actually loses its meaning for me when I remember that "but it's too soon!" has never really stopped the showrunners from doing anything. Even their idea of "slow burn" is somewhere near light speeds. And that's why I can't take the possibility off the table yet.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 14

Holy hell the close up of him taking her top off. WOWZA. He looks so intense and yeah. I'm gonna stop.

I also don't see any significance in Felicity catching the bouquet. I really think MG was being a troll-y troll to tease fans because that's what he loves to do. And Ray being a minister was just a way of writing him into the plot.

Also, is anyone else worried about Diggle? There was nothing of Diggle in that promo and it's annoyed me. DIGGLE MATTERS.

Yeah that part where he is taking her shirt is sexy lol I bet Felicity will probably look intense too. They want each other BADLY

(edited)

I'm on the fence on whether I think it's too soon for Oliver and Felicity getting married. Two and a half years of truth and trust and falling in love and working really well together vs. they only went on half a date and have no idea how being in an actual relationship is like. And if this is happening, of course it also depends on the circumstamces, so... I don't know.

However, "too soon" actually loses its meaning for me when I remember that "but it's too soon!" has never really stopped the showrunners from doing anything. Even their idea of "slow burn" is somewhere near light speeds. And that's why I can't take the possibility off the table yet.

Story wise and the warp speed they run through plots keeps it on the table. My fear of what that means in the long run hopes they take it off the table.

Married Olicity by end of S3 means a break up by end of S4 and maybe a possible reunion in S5 (100th episode?).

Wash rinse repeat if they go beyond 6 years

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 9

I think Oliver tells Diggle that need to take Roy from prison.

• Love 1

Or maybe we're seeing it from Sara's POV? I'm still hoping that Sara was LP'd back in the fall, soon after her death, and has been in captivity/hiding since then. (Because six-month-old corpse....ewwwwwwwwwwwww.) So if we're going to see Sara before the finale (which I imagine we have to), then maybe we'll see her remembering her own murder.

• Love 3

Maybe they will LP Thea (the reason Oliver joins) and then Sara will walk out from behind some drapery to set up  her role on the spin-off.  And we also find out it was a plot between Malcolm and Ra's for hopefully a good reason because otherwise the logic of this season is worse than a grade 3 reader.

I have to admit, I kind of dismissed the new LoA lady as a potential bride to Oliver because she looks older than the 18-34 demo, and the CW finds those of us who dared pass 35 icky.

Unless Ra's is marrying her, then it's okay.

But she's too old to have babies.  Ra's isn't the kind of guy who would marry for the conversation.

• Love 4
(edited)
Meh to that scene...actually part of it reminds me of the Laurel/Oliver one in s1. (Maybe just the literal jumping on him)

Ok up next, the kiss and talk in the Queen Mansion, in finale. 

I mean to say that I'm not happy with the fact that we're going straight from a Ray breakup (presumably) to Olicity sex in the very next episode.

It could be worse. At least she they dont have Felicity cheating on Ray, he is lucky that she is only going to play and drop him like dirt. 

Edited by Conell

Maybe they will LP Thea (the reason Oliver joins) and then Sara will walk out from behind some drapery to set up  her role on the spin-off.  And we also find out it was a plot between Malcolm and Ra's for hopefully a good reason because otherwise the logic of this season is worse than a grade 3 reader.

But she's too old to have babies.  Ra's isn't the kind of guy who would marry for the conversation.

You never know. Dude been around for like at least a couple of centuries, even the head of the demon needs someone to hold his hand and wipe away the blood stains from the assassins he killed while showing off his swordsmanship skills..

Just sayin.

And now I want a fanfic of Ra's and his wife, or better yet a sitcom!!! "The Al-Gaul's" "Married With Assassins" "I love Ra's" "Al-Gaul" I can probably do this all day.. :-P

• Love 2
(edited)

If Thea does die and gets LP'd, maybe she remembers how she killed Sara?

Maybe she remembers who really did it. I still don't think she actually did it.

As for diggle missing. I think he is on a covert mission for Oliver to help bring loa down. So he is doing recon or relationship building. Or maybe he is figuring out the virus, but that doesnt necessarily line up with the bts photos of dr in np.

Edited by kismet

As for diggle missing. I think he is on a covert mission for Oliver to help bring loa down. So he is doing recon or relationship building. Or maybe he is figuring out the virus, but that doesnt necessarily line up with the bts photos of dr in np.

I also think it. she didnt kill Sara. Another game change?

we have pictures with him, Thea and MM. and the synopsis about  episode 3x20 says that Team will be with Oliver in NP

From the relationship thread because it's a spoiler:

Felicity sleeps with Oliver the episode after she and Ray end it. Are we comfortable with this?

It's about time!

I think I would be more okay with it if she breaks up with Ray because she realizes that it's Oliver she wants, rather than if Ray breaks up with her or she breaks up with him for another reason.

Even better if she's the one to get Ray and Oliver working together to defeat the bad guy because that feels even less like cheating to me.  I'm not sure why though, maybe it's because she's doing Ray justice..

(edited)

From the Relationships thread:

Felicity sleeps with Oliver the episode after she and Ray end it.  Are we comfortable with this?

Yes. Well, I am. It's for the reason that Ray and Felicity are done, which means both are absolutely free to be with whoever they want. It's not that bad of a thing because it's not like they've been dating for months or years, it's only been a few weeks. Their relationship will be over, so Felicity owes nothing to Ray in regards to sleeping with Oliver. Oliver is the one Felicity has had feelings for and yes, it may suck for Ray, but neither were that compatible anyway and Felicity never said that she loved Ray, so he shouldn't expect her to be mourning the relationship. It's hard to say when someone should move on after the end of a relationship. It all depends on the circumstances and in this case, I think it's ok and if Felicity wants to sleep with Oliver, then she should sleep with Oliver. If Ray wants to sleep with someone, he should also be allowed to sleep with someone.

Just curious, is it confirmed that they break up by this point? Assuming that they are (because I don't know but I'm sure Felicity's the type to not cheat on her boyfriends), I stand by my point up above. 

Edited by jessied112
  • Love 6
(edited)

Felicity sleeps with Oliver the episode after she and Ray end it. Are we comfortable with this?

tumblr_mciveza7M01rx6739o1_250.gif

I don’t think it’ll be too fast for her to be with Oliver in the next episode because she was never in love with Ray. Sure she had some feelings for him, but it’s not really the type one would need time to get over.

There are other factors as to why it’s not rushed:

• Oliver loves Felicity
  • Felicity loves Oliver
  • They want to be together
  • They trust one another
  • They’re honest with each other
  • They know almost everything about each other

What more does one need in order to have sex? Clearly they’re comfortable with it. Clearly they want to express how they feel about one another physically. I don’t see how it’s rushed at all. I mean, YES they need to talk,  but they can talk later.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 5
(edited)

I assume it happens.

Probably because I doubt Felicity would cheat on Ray, but with the realisation that she's not into him that way, why string him along? Never mind that Oliver is still unavailable, she wouldn't be doing either Ray or herself any favours to let it continue.

Brought over from relationships thread:

Edited by Password
  • Love 1

It is an unfortunate consequence of leaving Raylicity too late in the season. It's not ideal but as long as she's not cheating, I don't care. She's a free woman and she can do what (and who) she likes.

Also, I think we need to take into account what happens in the lead up to them sleeping together. Personally I get the feeling that they both think this is the only time they can ever be together and they throw caution to the wind. That's how I'm reading spoilers and spec right now. It could change after 319 but if they both think this is their only chance, I can see why it wouldn't matter if she's only been with Ray recently.

But yeah. I really hope she's broken up with Ray when it happens though.

Didn't MG make a comment that Felicity isn't the type to cheat or something? I've seen that floating around.

Looking at the GIF of the carry, I don't think its a Laurel style jump. From her leg position and how he is holding her, I think he reached down and picked her up. Or they are on their knees and he picked her up as he stood up. I can totally see it in my head but I'm really not explaining it well. Basically it just looks like there is no jumping on him involved. 

I don't have a problem with Felicity sleeping with Oliver right after breaking up with Ray (I think it may happen in the hanger as they are leaving personally). I know in canon it was a relationship, but it never seemed to get past the kiddie pool. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Looking at the GIF of the carry, I don't think its a Laurel style jump. From her leg position and how he is holding her, I think he reached down and picked her up. Or they are on their knees and he picked her up as he stood up. I can totally see it in my head but I'm really not explaining it well. Basically it just looks like there is no jumping on him involved. 

I think he was sitting down and she was probably straddling him and then he stood and lifted her at the same time. It's just the lack of height difference when he takes her top off makes me think she was on his lap. So yeah, no jumping involved. I don't think.

I have thought long and hard about this haha.

Edited by Guest

Hmm I definitely think she's straddling him when he removes her top. There's no height difference where there normally is a big one. Then he goes "upsy daisies" only in a far more sexy way.

• Love 1

I don't have a problem with Felicity sleeping with Oliver right after breaking up with Ray (I think it may happen in the hanger as they are leaving personally). I know in canon it was a relationship, but it never seemed to get past the kiddie pool.

This. They've been together for 5 weeks, for crying out loud. If it weren't for the super unfortunate fact that Felicity and Palmer are going to Central City next week, I'd be considering their relationship over the moment Felicity ran away from his ILY. Now it's just a formality that they have to officially break up.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think he was sitting down and she was probably straddling him and then he stood and lifted her at the same time. It's just the lack of height difference when he takes her top off makes me think she was on his lap. So yeah, no jumping involved. I don't think.

I have thought long and hard about this haha.

Its like the If You Give A Mouse A Cookie book, because I started thinking about that and then I wondered how they ended up with her straddling him on the bed. Did he lay her down first and she changed their position? Or does he adjust his carry so he can turn around to sit on the bed? 

How long is this scene? Montage style or one long cut before breaking away?  

Why am I thinking so much about this? LOL

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 4

This. They've been together for 5 weeks, for crying out loud. If it weren't for the super unfortunate fact that Felicity and Palmer are going to Central City next week, I'd be considering their relationship over the moment Felicity ran away from his ILY. Now it's just a formality that they have to officially break up.

For me it goes even further. The whole Ray-Felicity relationship she's been dropping fairly ridiculous amounts of "I want Oliver" vibes. From being happy as long as he's in her life, to saying "yes" when asked if she has feelings for him till it culminated in her running away from Ray when he dropped the ILY. The past 3 episodes were a poster child for where Felicity's heart really lies.

• Love 6

Its like the If You Give A Mouse A Cookie book, because I started thinking about that and then I wondered how they ended up with her straddling him on the bed. Did he lay her down first and she changed their position? Or does he adjust his carry so he can turn around to sit on the bed? 

I think he maybe sits down with her straddling because maybe he likes the straddling, and, I mean...who wouldn't?

• Love 3
(edited)

I think he maybe sits down with her straddling because maybe he likes the straddling, and, I mean...who wouldn't?

It also gives him more access to her butt in which case I don't blame him one bit.  I'd want grab it too and I'm straight.  Live the dream, Oliver.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 3

I honestly don't know whether Oliver flips Felicity before sitting down/toppling onto the bed, but the scene before it likely goes as follows --

Felicity enters the room. Eventually she sits down on the ottoman in front of Oliver...

tumblr_nm6ysxpbX31qa5csdo4_500.gif

... where he removes her glasses.

tumblr_nm6ysxpbX31qa5csdo2_500.gif

Here's also where the undressing starts. If you look at the gif below you'll see Oliver's shirt and Felicity's jacket discarded on the ottoman...

tumblr_nm6ysxpbX31qa5csdo6_500.gif

... but whether he flips them before sitting down/toppling onto the bed, or if he lays her down and she/he flips them, I don't know. But I can't wait to find out. :)

#TotalPervWithoutShame

• Love 20

I love the fact that we all thought long and hard about this scene, not just what it means for the characters and their relationship but most importantly the sequence of it all. As for the montage vs long shot question...one long shot please, anything else and I'd feel cheated. 

• Love 4

But there was a bouquet ... that Felicity caught!

Why would they drop that hint if there was no wedding with Felicity being one of the persons getting married?

I keep going back and forth on this like a damn pendulum. A few days ago, I was thinking it was a pretty huge anvil. Now I'm thinking it's a misdirection. MG made a big deal out of it and the show certain made a point to say "look, look" with two scenes. But I'm back to thinking it's Oliver with an LOA woman because the show did a similar thing last year with Sara. Put her in a relationship with Oliver so people would be shocked when Oliver actually says ILY to Felicity. This time, lay down all the signs that point to Felicity and then switch it around in the last 5 minutes or something. Does that make sense? It made sense in my head 5 minutes ago. I'll mostly likely change my mind again before the night is over.

Or Ra's.

Why did I put that out there?

Maybe Ra's just needs to get some so he'd be less emo and go with his original heir ;)

tumblr_nm75uzbzAD1qziqawo1_540.jpg

• Love 2

So from the pictures of Roy in the spoilers, is he also dressed in a LoA uniform?  One of the pictures it is his regular red suit but in the other one (where the suit looks almost blue) the hood really reminds me of the LoA hood.  And yet I can't believe Roy would join the LoA even if Oliver did. 

So from the pictures of Roy in the spoilers, is he also dressed in a LoA uniform?  One of the pictures it is his regular red suit but in the other one (where the suit looks almost blue) the hood really reminds me of the LoA hood.  And yet I can't believe Roy would join the LoA even if Oliver did. 

No, that's a pic of him in the Arrow costume.

• Love 1
(edited)

Time travel on Arrow? A world of no.

Sigh.

ETA: Let's hope they at least stick to it's only Barry who can travel through time without bringing anyone with him.

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 5

i think the time travel affect will be minor (ish). They'll reset the cops knowing Oliver=Arrow and Team Arrow being on the run but other events will remain intact. I don't see them resetting S3. Maybe, they'll use Time Travel to bring Sara back, not sure.

• Love 2

.@amellywood says the way the show will change at the end of season 3 will change how they do the show. Oliver may crack a smile!

Well,  now we know the show format will be nearly unrecognizable!!  ;)

Time travel on Arrow? A world of no.

Sigh.

ETA: Let's hope they at least stick to it's only Barry who can travel through time without bringing anyone with him.

I don't think that it has to mean it changes anything on Arrow, just that anything Barry would do would could affect Arrow since they share the same universe.  If it's something confined to a change in CC then Starling wouldn't have to see any differences.  Barry can do his time travel and nobody would know it if it didn't change anything we've seen on the show. 

I kind of expect stuff to happen and be undone over on The Flash that could include Oliver but it might never touch the Arrow episodes.  

• Love 2

I really, really do not believe they'll restart back at 301 or anything along those lines.  They'll never give up Laurel as BC as long as KC is on the show.  But maybe something will change that makes Oliver slightly less angsty next season?  I don't know, Guggie has stated they love torturing Oliver, but maybe they're jealous of The Flash's higher ratings?

• Love 3

Yeah…I could do without time travel on Arrow. Sorry but I hate that as a device on TV unless it's Doctor Who. 

And I'm not liking the idea of these constant crossovers between three shows. It starts to get messy after a while. Just look at the messy timeline with Ray and Felicity heading to Flash.

Yeah, I'm not really sure how time travel could legitimately affect Arrow since there's been nary a mention of it over there. Unless Barry crosses over and somehow explains it, maybe SA just meant that overall, yes, the Arrowverse timeline gets rattled when Barry messes it up, but unless people know that time travel exists, then wouldn't they just go on making the same decisions they already did, therefore not affecting anything in SC?

• Love 2