Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I actually like the new poster. I'd rather have Oliver alone than half the ensemble and having to put up with the ensuing complaints about who's included and who's left out.

Oh, I agree with that, much prefer this than anything else but it just seems like a still, doesn't really seem like a poster.

• Love 2

I liked the Flash posters better. This seemed uninspired? Come onnnn, put a little more photoshop work into it! WHERE ARE THE COLORS?! WHERE ARE THE EFFECTS!? Ugh

But I gotta admit. SA is one fine specimen

• Love 2

I liked the Flash posters better. This seemed uninspired? Come onnnn, put a little more photoshop work into it! WHERE ARE THE COLORS?! WHERE ARE THE EFFECTS!? Ugh

I like it just being focused on Oliver/the Arrow on his own.  Without effects or the colors. Oliver's mask seems better and his eyes are more pronounced but better hidden if that makes any sense....

• Love 1

Yes, Uninspired, that's a good word for it.  I agree, the Flash poster is better, had some gravitas and emotional weight to it.  this just looks like they took an action still of Arrow, might even be from the S2 TV Now promo and adding some lighting effects.

• Love 1

Seems like most of the photoshop work was put into whitening his eyeballs to near glow-in-the-dark levels, yikes.

I find him yum though, even if that poster or whatever it is makes me want to fall asleep.

• Love 1

"Seems like most of the photoshop work was put into whitening his eyeballs to near glow-in-the-dark levels, yikes."

Ha, I just flashed to Ross's glow-in-the-dark teeth!

Yeah, those are some seriously white eyeballs. His eyeballs don't seem to be facing quite the same direction, either.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 2

SA/Oliver looks as disgusted as I feel.  The white sure makes his blue eyes pop though.

I'm glad it's just Arrow on the poster and not Masks & Costumes.

I feel like it has more to do with losing sight..

Yeah, now that the season is winding down, they're probably going to start addressing that whole identity "Am I Oliver Queen or am I the Arrow?" thing that they dropped after The Calm.  It feels like it's too little, too late.

• Love 2

Theory I saw on Tumblr: SA, DR, EBR, JB, WH and KC were all at the shoot for 3x20 (per photos posted). Everyone looks made up but Willa. I wonder if Roy dies saving Thea, but Thea is killed. It looks like they are at a hanger, so maybe they are taking her to the Pit.

Yeah, now that the season is winding down, they're probably going to start addressing that whole identity "Am I Oliver Queen or am I the Arrow?" thing that they dropped after The Calm. It feels like it's too little, too late.

This is what I'm afraid of. It feels like the identity issue has taken too long to actually come along that I'm at the point where regardless of what happens, it will seem rushed and out of place. All of the episodes in between have been filler. It's why I was encouraged by "The Climb". He said I don't know what I am but I know 2 things. I thought, yes he finally sees he has people to live for. I thought it would set off his journey to accepting himself (which would've made 3b a lot more interesting to me).

Has (near) death given him clarity? Not particularly. Is he ready to fight for his humanity? Not yet because plot dictates that something serious (other than Sara dying, Merlyn making Thea a killer, losing Felicity emotionally, losing QC, almost dying) must happen before he gets off his behind and does something. I suppose I wish Oliver had had a long chat with himself after almost dying and came to these realisations as an intelligent, thinking man could.

• Love 9

I feel like the show hasn't really emphasized the identity crisis. Yes they did focused on Oliver's crisis in episode 1 and 2, but then that disappeared and now they're revisiting it in episode 16? That's not cool at all and it undercuts his crisis altogether. Diggle didn't have an identity crisis, and I will literally slap someone if they tell me what Felicity's going through is an identity crisis...

Laurel's identity crisis (while riddled with a lot of issues) actually was an identity crisis. It wasn't forgotten nor was it ignored. I guess that's one good thing about her arc this season. 

• Love 5

This is what I'm afraid of. It feels like the identity issue has taken too long to actually come along that I'm at the point where regardless of what happens, it will seem rushed and out of place. All of the episodes in between have been filler. It's why I was encouraged by "The Climb". He said I don't know what I am but I know 2 things. I thought, yes he finally sees he has people to live for. I thought it would set off his journey to accepting himself (which would've made 3b a lot more interesting to me).

Has (near) death given him clarity? Not particularly. Is he ready to fight for his humanity? Not yet because plot dictates that something serious (other than Sara dying, Merlyn making Thea a killer, losing Felicity emotionally, losing QC, almost dying) must happen before he gets off his behind and does something. I suppose I wish Oliver had had a long chat with himself after almost dying and came to these realisations as an intelligent, thinking man could.

The bold really does make you wonder what really will finally make him come to terms with his identity. Add onto that all of the other emotional death (Father, Yao, Shado, Tommy, Mother) & traumas he has undergone. I  mean somethings gotta make him come to terms with it. I really thought it would be his own death, but they have fumbled that since his return. Maybe it will the death of Tatsu's son, but that would have to be in the present day to actually have an impact. Im just scratching my head trying to figure it out. I wish they had never brought him back from the dead if they were just gonna have him be the same as before he died. Dying should have some impact on how you envision your life. Its truly had no effect on him besides making him doubt himself, which I think he was already doing prior to his death.

• Love 2

Thinking about it, the only good thing I can think of about Felicity being sidelined in the hospital with Momma Smoak is that we might FINALLY see what she's thinking and how she feels about the whole situation she's in etc. I also hope that episode 18 is the last we'll see of Raylicity because MS will kind of knock some sense into Felicity. Hopefully after this episode, Felicity will be back in the thick of it with the team. 

• Love 4

But isn't Felicity going to get that great scene with Laurel coming up, when she can talk out all her feelings?

I don't know how much we'll see of Felicity back with the team. She's not apart from them because she's dating Ray, she's apart because there is no one else for Ray to interact with.  According to MG, Ray won't be in the Arrow lair so Felicity is still stuck with being on Team Ray since she's the whole team.

I don't see Felicity breaking up with Ray when he's injured. She's not that kind of girl.  If anything, seeing him injured and hurting will make her like him more.

Crack theory of the day: Oliver is still on that mountain, dying, or he's still being tended to by Tatsu and everything that's happened is him thinking or hallucinating how it would be without him and him thinking that Ra's way is the answer.

I like this theory, so Im gonna run with it for a bit. It has been mentioned before & I think it has some merit. It seems just as good if not better than some of the other ways the show has tried to explain stuff this season. And they do seem to be pretty cocky, so they must have something big up their sleeve, maybe this is it. Just like the movie

the sixth sense

it could be fun to watch them try to gotcha us in the the end. And they do like to gotcha us. It would also help me tolerate 3b and to agree with MG make me respect the whole season as a whole and not just episode to episode.

I believe it could all be just a dream/coma induced hallucination. That these past few months have all been in his head and he has never returned to SC so we are all watching his thought process play out. It would be kinda interesting to do that. It would explain why Felicity is off at times. Also why Diggle is in the foundry (we know OQ did not want him out there fighting w/ his daughter at home, also would explain why Dig then left his daughter for a very close to call suicide mission in NP). His actual wedding may not even need to be this season (didnt MG once say that there were never invitations sent for the wedding). It could be well within OQ's coma state that he imagines a happy wedding that is destroyed by the SS. The Brick trilogy still could have happened, maybe the city did fall to pieces. Maybe it is in complete tatters this season. Therefore Team Arrow could have needed to step up and move fwd without OQ. LL journey to hero could be still played out or better explained if when he returns and she is kicking ass after months of training/fighting that we actually never see. It would then explain The ATOM suit being so important and also how Ray could get legit critically injured since he actually stepped in as a hero over the past few months. Roy would also have stepped up in OQ's absence which could be why him in the green outfit was leaked, since perhaps the guy in green was needed to be seen in addition to the man in red. Perhaps they thought the more masked people out there would scare the criminals more. It would suck that Thea would still be in the dark, but maybe they could explain that a way & tell her (she did seem to take it very well the first time, almost too well). Maybe Ras will come back & deliver a newly awoken or still comatose OQ/Arrow at QL's feet & force a ransom or something. MM could still be scum, but maybe he'll be able to weasel himself back into Ras good graces and stay alive to be a possible villain/frenenemy down the road. Of course, if OQ never came back, then MM never went to NP - so he might be around helping TA as his penance for the horrible way he treated Sara & Thea. By episode 20, he could be awakening in the hospital and running around, or just running around it in his dream. Then when he finally wakes up, he will actually do stuff differently this time, and finally accept himself maybe become green arrow. But hopefully, just be the intelligent & strategic hero he gets to be in the beginning & the end of the season, before the writers force him to be dumb for plot reasons in their middle episodes.

IDK, I like it as an explanation. Of course it will likely not be true and all will be explained in some way that will be epic or game changing in MG's mind, but pretty run of the mill for most superhero shows.

That pic of Oliver and Laurel and Felicity is so hilarious to me. Oliver looks like he's feeling Laurel up and Laurel looks like she's about to snatch that bouquet. Felicity's like, "oooh, flowers!"

And if Ray is there as Felcity's date (not sure why else he'd be there since he doesn't know Diggle,) why isn't he sitting next to her? ETA: Never mind. Seems he's...officiating? LOL

Also, my God that pic of Digg, Lyla and baby Sara is precious.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

Wtf. Is that Ray officiating the wedding? JFC. Way to force him in there writers. 

AR317A_0146b.jpg

However, this image almost makes me want to watch the episode... Almost.

AR317A_0153b.jpg

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 4

Most spoiler's for Ray are frustrating to me because not only do they isolate Felicity from Team Arrow, but take away from her heroic moments.

Case in point, Felicity on beside vigil to Ray while Team Arrow hunt down the villain. Ray mission now is to "protect" Felicity which seems condescending because we, as an audience, know that Felicity is a hero in her own right and she has been shown many times to protect herself and others. To be fair Ray does't know about her other life, (i'm not sure if he even suspects) but this brings to the forefront another issue about his story-ark, what can Felicity tell each Team Arrow and "team" Atom about each other?

I feel that Felicity has to let Team Arrow know before she tells Palmer anything and I imagine Team Arrow will be upset about the Atom reveal. I suspect it will be played as "Reports of a flying man in Starling" and Felicity "confessing" that she might know something about it. Cue conflict.

A new and unknown vigilante in Starling City is never welcomed by Oliver the Team and then there will be Oliver who, I suspect, will be hurt by it emotionally, I think he consoles himself that even if Felicity doesn't believe in OQ, ("I don't want to be a woman you love") she still believes and supports The Arrow, it may lead to "I don't know why I'm doing this"  in 3.16. 

I'm just not looking forward to the reveal or the fall-out.

ETA: Ray 3.17 "ugh!"

And Oliver looks a bit too scruffy, do up your 2nd button! 

The Diggles are awesome!

Edited by Genki

Sniff. Dyla makes me really want to watch. I wish the entire episode was dedicated to Dig and his life. Beautiful.

You know what, I'm so not surprised Ray might officiate. I don't care at this point.

Sniff. Dyla makes me really want to watch. I wish the entire episode was dedicated to Dig and his life. Beautiful.

You know what, I'm so not surprised Ray might officiate. I don't care at this point.

I guess that "is there anything he can't do?" was not hyperbole.

• Love 11

OMG I didn't notice Ray there. He does seem to be officiating. Yikes.

As a marginal Ray fan (more like non-hater), JFC branding him a stalker, having him dress up like flying Robocop, none of that was enough, now they are just going full Cousin Oliver. Such a mess.

• Love 6

You know what, I bet he is officiating. Some kind of last minute wedding shenanigans, and it just so happens perfect wonderful Ray got some kind of online thing. Would explain why he's there but not sitting with Felicity.

The pic of Diggle and Lyla with the baby is adorable. Atom looks so unbelievably low-rent to me. Every other picture makes me want to burn something.

• Love 5

As a marginal Ray fan (more like non-hater), JFC branding him a stalker, having him dress up like flying Robocop, none of that was enough, now they are just going full Cousin Oliver. Such a mess.

I'm actually really curious about what kind of plot contrivance gets him there. Did the officiant have a well-timed heart attack? Did Ray lock him/her in a tower somewhere so he'd be able to save the day? Was he/she abducted by a goon?

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

I'm going to try not to write any anti-Ray seeing as it bothers some people here but I don't understand why he's officiating the wedding. Going as Felicity's date would have been fine and expected tbh. 

Laurel is wearing a brace on her left arm. I guess that means she's going to injure her wrist in one of the upcoming 2 episodes.

Well, Sara wore a wrist brace in s2 so...

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 9

I'm going to try not to write any anti-Ray seeing as it bothers some people here but I don't understand why he's officiating the wedding. Going as Felicity's date would have been fine and expected tbh

He's probably doing both. Something will happen to the officiant and he'll step in and save the day. The only thing against this theory is that there's not an empty chair next to Felicity where he would've had a seat at some point.

• Love 2

Random thoughts: Diggle family is adorable. Love to see Diggle happy and Lyla looks beautiful.

Still hate Felicity's hair and I'm not a fan of her or Laurel's dress. Thea looks amazing tho.

Please tell me Oliver and Laurel aren't each other's dates

Laurel's wrist brace probably relates to SG tweet about Laurel being so strong

Ray really does look like Robo Cop. Can't even think about why he is officiating the wedding. Glad that he is interacting with the other characters.

Edited by 10Eleven12

If some last minute thing happened to the officiant, you would think that Laurel, the ADA, would know a couple judges she could call. Instead of having some guy no one but Felicity particularly knows and the rest of them have very good reasons actively to dislike.

This show makes me so tired.

• Love 1

Haha, Laurel's face in that photo looks like she's thinking "Bitch, that's my bouquet!"  Happy to see Thea sitting next to Felicity, but I doubt they'll say more than two words to each other since that's apparently not happening until season 12.  Aww to Oliver handing Dig the ring and the photo of Lyla/Dig/Sara.  Sweet.  The look on Ray's face while officiating is a bit ominous, WTF?

• Love 5

Please tell me Oliver and Laurel aren't each other's dates

Why? Why would put that out in the universe? That's exactly what they will do.  Is it wrong that I would rather he brings Cupid, Helena or anyone else?

• Love 4

I'm not sure this is entirely fair, but assuming Ray is at least initially there as Felicity's date...did she really have to bring him to this particular event? I'm not saying she should hide that she's dating or who she's dating, but did she have to bring him to Diggle's wedding? They've not been dating long and weddings are a big deal date regardless, she knows it's going to be pretty in-your-face to Oliver, and it's not like she otherwise wouldn't know anyone there. It feels kind of cruel to me.

• Love 4

I think it'd be cruel if Oliver had been pining for her and she had repeatedly put him off, but Oliver's been the one repeatedly telling her how he feels and then pulling away, so I think Felicity bringing a date is fair, especially since it seems like she and Ray will actually be dating at that point. He's not just some random she brought to hurt Oliver's feelings.

• Love 3