Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Well, to be fair, the bouquet is supposedly caught by the "next" person in the wedding party/at the wedding who will get married, unless the bouquet gets caught in the chandelier.  (Yes, I saw that happen once.) Presumably the other women at the wedding will consist of extras, Felicity, Thea, Laurel and possibly Amanda Waller. Thea's even younger than Felicity; Laurel doesn't currently have a love interest; Amanda may well have an incredible and very kinky sex life, but the show isn't going to tell us about it.  So the three of them are pretty much out. Even expanding this out to "other women who have had speaking parts on this show," the only other possible attendees are Sin, also younger than Felicity, Jean Loring (who has no reason to be there), Caitlin (who is busy on another show), Carly (presumably not), Cupid (who is in the episode but is presumably in jail during the wedding), Tatsu (who has no reason to be there and is already married), the mayor (who really has no reason to be there), Donna Smoak (who is arriving in the next episode, not this one), one of the newscasters (who has no reason to be there), Chin Na Wei (who would be coming to make an arms deal, not catch a bouquet) and Dinah Lance (who has no reason to be there.) 

So unless the show wants to have a random extra catch the bouquet, in which case, why have the scene at all, Felicity's the best option.

• Love 3

I don't think Felicity is too young to get married at all. But emotionally, if she doesn't even realize that she's in love with Oliver, she's nowhere near ready to even consider that possibility with anyone. Although this isn't even the point. The stupid bouquet moment is gross pandering and MG seems to think all shippers want trope-y cliché ridden moments like that and NO THANK YOU. TAKE IT BACK. 

The younger shippers would like it... BUT even the shippers on tumblr (who I follow) don't even want that to happen. I mean, it says how much pandering and forced a scene is when even the group of people said scene is pandered to don't want it. lol

Get ready for the fan pandering comments throughout the internet come episode 17 y'all! That's why I don't want the scene the most... regardless of how eye roll worthy the scene is. 

• Love 5

I don't think every 25-year-old is too young to get married, although statistically MIT Masters Degree women get married older...that is a simple fact.  However, I absolutely think FELICITY is way too young to be thinking about getting married.  Not only is her romantic life about as screwed up as it could possibly be right now, she has a lot of growing up to do.  Starting with, hopefully, getting a handle on her abandonment issues.  Next year with her dad coming back should help with that.  That's the same reason the moment with her with Diggle/Lyla/Sara didn't really work for me, either.  Oliver was staring wistfully, when they're just ridiculously far from seriously thinking about anything like that.  Go on a few successful dates and then we'll talk about bouquets and babies.

• Love 1

Why have the bouquet being thrown at all?  Not everyone throws a bouquet at their wedding, and this is Diggle/Lyla's second go round.

The only reason for it, since we know Ray is temporary, is to troll Olicity shippers, whether it's Felicity looking at Ray, or Oliver looking sad.

Ugh.  I wish MG would stop playing to the peanut gallery and just think about writing a good show.

(I got married at 27, but I've had friends who married younger and stayed married forever.)

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 11

I don't think every 25-year-old is too young to get married, although statistically MIT Masters Degree women get married older...that is a simple fact.  

I don't think I've seen that statistic so I have a hard time taking that as a fact, sorry. 

I have a lot of friends who graduated from Yale, Harvard, Oxford with their masters who got married before age 27. Especially my Indian friends. 

BUT I agree that Felicity isn't ready at all. Only because she isn't even dating anyone seriously at the moment. 

Edited by wonderwall

Trying to be a positive speculator so basing this on 2 things SA said (at his last con I think)....1. Eventually Oliver will realize he can have a life with Felicity and 2. Oliver might, just might, have to imagine a life without Felicity.

They blow up the show (Foundry) in 3.18.  Oliver & Felicity - "5 Seconds" per MG. Felicity & MamaSmoak's scenes are all in the hospital.  MamaSmoak doesn't interact with Oliver but she does "others". "Hospital sex" is uttered by someone.  Perhaps Felicity is injured in the explosion and in the ICU.  MamaSmoak is talking to her.  Doctor comes in.  She might interact with Ray in hallway, etc.  He's not family so he wouldn't have access to Felicity.  Oliver can't get to her because he is being hunted as Public Enemy.  So Felicity & Oliver are in 3.18 but no screen time together.

3.19 Someone dies.  Both SA & CH tweet about emotional day on set and real life emotions creeping into the scene.  Both actors are genuinely fond of EBR.  Perhaps Felicity "dies".  MG said Oliciters reaction to 3.19 would be "WTF".  Ray is deciding in this episode if he's really a hero or if he just has a suit.  Singular decision when no one is there to inspire you (eyeroll). Akio probably dies in flashbacks.

3.20 is supposed to be extremely good and bad for Oliciters.  Felicity dies. (You know like The Offer 3.16 picks up 10 seconds before 3.15 ends with the offer.) Oliver is skulking around the ICU in an emotional state.  Maybe he has his moment of realization and takes her to Nanda Parbat where he's learned of the healing Lazarus Pits?  BTW, in the last issue of the 2.5 comic a man used the LP without permission.   It ended with the words To Be Continued in Season 3.  I am thinking this is the episode it comes into play.  If present day is mainly in Nanda Parbat it could explain why CH, KC, etc don't appear to be in Vancouver shooting much.

If 3.20 is supposed to be pivotal then IMO this episode needs to be the one where Oliver realizes he wants to be more than just The Arrow and sorry but embracing Ra's Ollie Ghul (as he's known here) or Oliver Al Ghul (as I've seen on twitter) just shows he doesn't want to be Oliver Queen.  He subdued Oliver in the premiere.  I think he's supposed to start to embrace him by the finale.  Otherwise, he's never going to be Green Arrow.

ETA:  I just realized The Flash 1.18 messes with this since it airs after 3.18 so I don't know.  I am just trying to figure out what could possibly trigger Oliver deciding to embrace both of his personas.  I just don't see how Thea or Laurel would do that unless they have decided to go with Laurel as romantic partner but I don't think the writing at this point supports that. 

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 3

It could be the reverse of the Olicity I love you scene last year. Many, many people would be pretty excited if Laurel died, then be extremely disappointed when she's brought back.

That's exactly what I think will happen. And I think it's a risky move, trolling more or less the same part of your fandom  two years in a row.(Although I know not all Oliciters hate Laurel, and not all Laurel-haters are Oliciters).

A great Felicity and Diggle scene, a few big Olicity scenes, a big episode with little to no Laurel. This is normally what I look for, but I can't great excited about any of this.

• Love 5

Who was it that said Laurel and Felicity would switch places by the end of season three? When did they say that?

It wasn't said that they would switch places.  MG said in May 2014 (sorry I don't remember which interview) that they would be in totally different places from where they were at the end of S2.  Laurel was the supposed love interest kidnapped and Felicity was the trusted partner.  I was speculating the change in roles (in relation to Oliver) because of where they started S3.  Black Canary's journey/development should be totally outside Oliver's but I don't think they are going to run 3 SLs each episode.

You and me both Starfish35.

He lost all credibility to me as a villain when he was pleading for Ra's to let him work for him again.

JB said in an interview earlier this season that Malcolm would be using emotional manipulation with Thea this season.  It didn't work that well on her but Oliver fell for it hook, line, and sinker. 

Edited by Sunshine

Full disclosure, I'm a lawyer so I parse words for a living, and I think that whole thing can be "truthful" and not mean he is back next season, or at least not more than flashbacks.  

I’m contracted to Warner Brothers and the CW Network and we’re in our third series of Arrow. We've been picked up for a fourth series, and been told we could be running for many more seasons,” Barrowman says.

--He is currently under contract, and Arrow is going for S4.  That doesn't mean HIS contract goes to 4.  Even if it does, it could be flashbacks only.  He could also be contracted for video game voiceovers, etc.

He keeps a careful eye on the Arrow comic books and has noted that Malcolm is still alive and well.

--In the comics Malcolm is alive and well.

“He's not going anywhere, and I know because collect these things and I know his story and he’s an integral part of the Arrow world. I’m here until the end,”

--Could still be referring to comics and the Merlyn character there, not necessarily him, JB. The reference to "collect[ing]" would presumably mean comics.

They blow up the show (Foundry) in 3.18.

Blowing up the show is 3.19.  I am fairly convinced that the hospital scene in 3.18 is no biggie, probably Ray mildly hurt.  Maybe Donna asks Felicity if she wants to give Ray some hospital sex since he has a broken rib or something...surely that phrase wouldn't be used in an episode with a serious injury to a member of TA.  More like the scene last season in the hospital after Slade hurt Sara than anything too serious.  If you think about it, they had a lot of scenes last season in the hospital that were not all that big a deal.  I think Felicity dies at the end of 3.19 and is LPd in 3.20.

In terms of more educated women marrying later, I never lie about statistics:

"At each level of educational attainment, men marry later compared with women. Although both men and women with a college education delay first marriage compared with their counterparts who have less than a high school diploma, for women the average length of the delay is 5 years, compared with almost 3 years for men."

Primarily, though, I just meant SHE is way too young and in way too ridiculous a romantic situation for the whole bouquet thing to land with me, at all.  One month or so with one guy and 1/10th of one date with the other...she's at least a couple years away from that being a meaningful moment.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1
-- Asked if Felicity is in love with Oliver, MG says: "She loves Oliver.  Whether she’s “in love” with him seems to be episode-dependent of late."

Nothing in your character's emotional motivations should be "episode dependent", you hack. She either feels something or she doesn't, and it's not possible to just switch it off whenever the plot requires it.

No wonder the writing makes no sense, if this is the approach they're taking. "Is Oliver smart or dumb? Episode dependent. Does Thea trust Oliver or Malcolm? Episode dependent."

Episodes should be character dependent. If something you want to write doesn't fit your characters, then you have to either change it or give it up. Do not change your characters to fit the plot you want. I think that's probably one of the first things any aspiring writer would be told. Shame so few of them remember it when they're being paid to churn out dross.

• Love 23

If Malcolm is sticking around past this season, then maybe his goal is or always was to become the next Ra's, but needed to have a gang of people working against Ra's to make that happen or something. I'd be semi-okay with that just because I think it's ridiculous for Oliver to fully defeat Ra's this season--who's next? Some intergalactic warlord? Also, because it'd be a nice way to keep Malcolm around in a non-regular capacity. He could show up to help or cause trouble, depending on what they need him for.

• Love 4

Why is Oliver having a crisis of faith? And why isn't the Arrow enough anymore? He hasn't failed to do anything as the Arrow yet - he's put away all the "villains" he's faced this year, like...I know the answer is "because plot reasons," but this (again) seems stupid. 

• Love 4

From the new promo, they are never going to stop the comparisons to other characters if they never let Laurel do something different and not just copy scenes they filmed with those other characters. 

• Love 2

Honestly I spent the whole time watching that going "WHERE ARE DIGG AND FELICITY". Ugh this season is the worst

Felicity's off with Ray feeding him diuretics so he stops looking so bloated in that suit. Digg's got the van idling by the door to Verdant, just in case someone needs to make a quick getaway.

• Love 4

From the new promo, they are never going to stop the comparisons to other characters if they never let Laurel do something different and not just copy scenes they filmed with those other characters. 

Yep, that sparring thing looked exactly like Sara's scene. smh

Felicity's off with Ray feeding him diuretics so he stops looking so bloated in that suit. Digg's got the van idling by the door to Verdant, just in case someone needs to make a quick getaway.

Don't even get me started on this. Because I can write an essay about how angry I am about this

Yep, that sparring thing looked exactly like Sara's scene. smh

Someone pointed out to me that it could be Laurel and Nyssa fighting?

They have also reused some footage for that promo (the two people jumping out of the window/fire, the van with the guns I think? and it looks like the same clip of Laurel hitting someone with the baton). So I wouldn't take this promo as spoilery as the Oliver Tells Thea The Truth one. 

• Love 1

I just don't understand why Laurel would go "pretty far" for Oliver.  She seems to hate him 90% of the time, except for the 10% that she loves the Arrow...ugh.

I'm worried with a character dying and KC not being present (much at least) in 3x20, she is the one who 'dies' and is brought back by the Pit. I have no doubt MG would find it amusing to kill Laurel and resurrect her. Considering that that is what fans wanted for Sara. #coincidence #asshole

Don't forget she also bonds with Nyssa in this episode and she probably gets trained by her too. Why go to the trouble of creating a new origin story if you can just dust off another one? Sara doesn't need it anymore apparently.

Honestly I spent the whole time watching that going "WHERE ARE DIGG AND FELICITY". Ugh this season is the worst

Who?

• Love 4

Someone pointed out to me that it could be Laurel and Nyssa fighting?

Could be. I don't want to watch again, but wasn't she wearing her BC costume? Why would she be sparring in that and not just gym clothes like the rest of them do? 

Could be. I don't want to watch again, but wasn't she wearing her BC costume? Why would she be sparring in that and not just gym clothes like the rest of them do? 

I think those might be two different scenes? The one of Laurel in costume looks like it's from a previous episode. 

#coincidence #asshole

This made me laugh so very much, and I've had a shitty day, so thank you.

Pretty much anything Laurel does as the Blah Canary is going to be compared to Sara and found wanting. I wouldn't even be surprised if she was LP'd and got the Canary Cry because they've completely given up on keeping this show grounded. 

Every new spoiler is making me roll my eyes, but I almost wish we'd know what's going down in the final 3 episodes. I just want this season to be over. 

• Love 2

Every new spoiler is making me roll my eyes, but I almost wish we'd know what's going down in the final 3 episodes. I just want this season to be over.

Not a good sign when fans are already focusing on the next season when the current season has approx 1/3 episodes still remaining.

It's not just here, and in my mind, I've noticed season 4 Wishlists turning up on tumblr and and the MG asks, plus some articles.

• Love 3

Public enemy... wow so basically all I'm expecting is Felicity to be sidelined in the hospital while real shit goes down. 

Ugh I hate this season

Seriously. And now we know why "hospital sex" comes up. I want to vomit. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 11

Why would Ra's kidnap Lance? My mind doesn't understand this at all. He wouldn't go after Lance to get to Oliver. But he would go after Lance to get to Laurel. What the actual Hell? I think she does die now and the Lazarus Pit is going to be changed to Unicorn Sparkle Bath.

I can't even address the first line right now. It makes me too angry.

• Love 1

Seriously. And now we know why "hospital sex" comes up. I want to vomit.

The more I read about that line the more inappropriate it sounds. Along with that stupid line about Ray being Barry in Oliver's body. Gag.

• Love 2

The hell does Ra's want with Lance? 

What so many of us want: Laurel to stop following in her sister's footsteps. Lance gets released once Laurel agrees.

(Probably not.)

• Love 5

I feel stupid for thinking that MS was coming back for something other than to keep Felicity company while she holds a bedside vigil for Ray - maybe she gets out of the hospital and does something useful for the team? Is that too much to hope for (yes, I know)? And I'm guessing Oliver's going to comfort Felicity by promising to catch the dastardly villain who dared mess with her man? Ugh. 

How does "public enemy" play into this? 

• Love 1

I'm so pissed that Charlotte Ross' return is for THIS bullshit. Ray is critically injured. GOOD. WHO THE FUCK CARES? 

Is Felicity even on the Team anymore? Don't answer that. I already know the answer. 

• Love 14

“Felicity’s mom is back in the April 1 episode of Arrow, and Raylicity-haters will probably be happy with her reason for coming to town.” - GATV

I don't know if this changes anything for anyone. But I'm still pissed that Felicity will probably be sidelined because of f*cking Ray. I WANT HIS NONENTITY ASS OUT OF THIS SHOW NOW. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 8

My favorite part is the air date. "You thought we were actually going to give a non-masked female character something interesting, integral, or independent to do? APRIL FOOLS!"

• Love 9

Ugh I fucking hate that.  Why would they tease me with Ray being possibly killed off.

Oh gods...I just realized...they are going to bookend the seasons with Ray kissing Felicity after proposing to her in his hospital bed. Just like Oliver did.  And then Lance is going to die...

I just know it.

Is it possible Ra's kidnaps Lance bc Lance is after Arrow, and Ra's is actually helping Arrow?  It's really late in the season, but I'm STILL not convinced Ra's is the big bad, at least not for this season.  

Also, if they waste the LP on GD Laurel, it's all over for this show.  I don't honestly think they will, though.

Edited by AyChihuahua

Cool, I guessed right about who was hurt.  It really does sound like they're basically following Green Arrow #38.  Major city figure attacked, Arrow the suspect, and probably some shenanigans going down in the hospital.  I believe there's even a metal guy.  Nothing like recycling your own stories!  http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Green_Arrow_Vol_5_38 

At least they're finally using Green Arrow stories instead of ripping off Batman. Silver lining?

Wonderwall, maybe that quote means MS won't be singing Ray's praises. Fingers crossed. As it is, I have no reason to tune back in until 3x21 - and that's only because spoilers haven't been released yet. With my recent luck, though, MS won't like Ray because he's trying to be a vigilante, and she's anti-hero.

• Love 4

Well, putting the vigilante stuff aside, we already know that Mama Smoak does like Ray.  And really, he's kind of a mother's dream for her daughter.  He's boring as hell, but great on paper.  At least we know he'll be gone soon, although I am not watching that show because I'm so POd about what they've done to Arrow this season.  Even Caity Lotz can't tempt me.

• Love 2

Yeah, Mama Smoak likes Ray, and she must know Felicity feels some kind of way about him if she feels the need to come to town to support her after he gets hurt (not going to side eye the fact that she didn't do this after Oliver "died" - even though Felicity might not have told her exactly what happened, she had to know her girl was down, but whatever). MS hasn't seen Felicity and Oliver together but for two seconds, so I don't think she's going to enlighten Felicity about her feelings for Oliver necessarily, unless she says something that makes Felicity realize she doesn't feel the same way about Ray. 

Honestly, I don't even care that much at this point. This show has beaten all the hope out of me. I really miss the Felicity that hacked into prison system networks and generally got shit done. I really hope she's pivotal to trying to catch whoever this is and doesn't spend the whole episode in some kind of bedside vigil. 

• Love 20

Lol, I knew Ray would be the one injured and Felicity would be playing dutiful girlfriend. I'm sickened though that while everything else is falling apart, Felicity is stuck with Ray. It's like she doesn't even care about the team anymore. I hate what they've done to Felicity this season. HATE.

Oh well, wasn't planning on watching anyway unless something grabbed my interest and none of this does. Everything sounds like a complete mess.

• Love 6