Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Sounds like Roy is the sacrifice.  Usually you refer to the death of a hero (as opposed to a villain like Malcolm) as "the fallen", right?  

And MG says they began production of 3x20 today.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Sounds like Roy is the sacrifice. Usually you refer to the death of a hero (as opposed to a villain like Malcolm) as "the fallen", right?

That's what I was thinking.

Edited by Starfish35

Sounds like Roy is the sacrifice.  Usually you refer to the death of a hero (as opposed to a villain like Malcolm) as "the fallen", right?

Could be, could also refer to those that have fallen from grace...ie gone bad.

• Love 3

Haha, I missed the part where they said this scene was the end of 3x18.  I'm watching at work and had the audio really low.  I think that's the episode where we speculated that Oliver is going to be arrested, so I think you're right that Quentin is going to find out that Oliver Queen is the Arrow (I mean, I hope that he's already figured it out by now and is just living in denial, but with these EPs, you never know).

OK, the pictures from 3x16 don't make it look interesting at all.  Laurel/Nyssa and no Felicity (I guess I should be grateful, because I know that the pictures would be Felicity/Ray.  Ray does not exist without Felicity, apparently).  No thanks.

For MG, Ray = ATOM.

He wasn't in 304 (the Magician) 305 (Secret Origins) or 308 (crossover). I think he's missed some others too but I can't remember which now.  So he's in at least till 3x21.

There are no pix of Felicity either in ep 316.  Poor Felicity.

No photos don't mean no Felicity or that she won't have significant scenes. So things could still be interesting for her in that ep :) I remember there were no stills of Felicity (or Diggle) from "Blast Radius" last season and they both had a good amount of screen time in that ep. Also, significant Felicity and Oliver "partner" scene.

If you believe MG...

-- Asked if Oliver and Felicity have any good scenes coming up, and that asker misses their closeness and friendship, MG says: "They have some fairly huge scenes together in 3x16, 3x17, and 3x19.  (And DO NOT even get me started on 3x20.)"
(edited)

Maybe Roy and Thea will get back together in this one. Only to make it more dramatic for his 'death'. If they continue killing characters off in this fashion there will only be Laurel and Oliver left by S6. Two every year more or less. I really don't need another death. Are they sitting there thinking: 'The show isn't dark enough, how can we make it darker?' 

Well MG's huge is different from what normal people consider 'huge'. But Oliver will find out about R/F in 3x16. So she will be in it. BR will probably be in it too. Just not in the suit. They will be in a real relationship. Ray will meet the gang in 3x17. Wonder how Diggle will react. Presumably Oliver will find out about Ray in 3x17 and his ATOM thing. Otherwise why would they be fighting over hero morals. (I will leave Felicity out of it for a moment) Felicity will side with Ray because reasons. 

Felicity and Oliver won't have scenes together in 3x18 (or any significant scenes) and then she and her boyfriend will be in CC where she can gush about Ray being the perfect combination of Oliver and Barry. I bet people will love it. *insert sarcasm*. They will be back in time for a character to die and for Ray to have his one episode identity crises. He is more emotionally healthy and therefore it only takes him a day to figure out how to be a hero. Oliver is just slower. 

I really want to look forward to it but I feel so spent after these 15 episodes that I sometimes think it would be easier to quit. I am at that point where I think I could easily break away. But I still want to see Oliver win at something. Anything at all. I want to see the guy come out on top. Just once.

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 7
(edited)

Suzanne Gomez @Chico6  ·

#Olicity fans you will really like this scene. I can hear the cheering from here. #cryptictweets #Arrow

But then, she's paid to promote the episode.  She loves everything about it.

If you believe MG...

Not any more.  His idea of a great Olicity scene would be Oliver making sad puppy dog eyes at Ray and Felicity, and I have ZERO interest in that.

If Felicity has to be with Ray, I'd rather Oliver didn't find out about it at all.

The news that Laurel isn't moving to the new spin-off is a serious bummer.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

I bet Ray is good at dancing. Because he's good at everything, probably sings a solo at the wedding.

"You're just too good to be true..." Whilst looking in a mirror.

This might belong in the bitterness thread.

• Love 11

Asked what will happen to the fern if the foundry will not exist in the last 4 episodes, and  whether it will die or does he have a plan to save it, MG says: "Big developments for the fern in 3x19.

So the fern will burn to ashes when the foundry blows up. I'd consider that a development. I can't imagine anyone attempting to rescue that thing.

ogteamarrow asked:

Is there any chance we can get some fun injected back into the Arrow cave? Ever since Oliver's came back and Laurel started hanging around everything's been kinda...tense and cold and uncomfortable. I kinda miss the fun Oliver, Digg, Felicity etc used to have down there when danger wasn't lurking. And shirtless Oliver and Diggle ;)

It’s an uncomfortable situation…

Maybe I don't get it. What is the uncomfortable situation? Laurel being down there? Oliver being back?

I am 100% sure that no matter what Laurel will never go anywhere. Never! They love her and will never see her as a weight that pulls the show down. They'd sooner think everyone else is crazy or a hater. 

• Love 3
(edited)

That's how I interpreted the asker's question and MG's response (sometimes the postings are garbled and difficult to understand).  Here's the actual tumblr posting:

thearch1k asked:

Hi Marc, that 3x19 episode. This is last episode with Laurel Lance like Black Canary moving on ATOM?

Nope.

Edited by tv echo

Isn't Malcolm done with trying to key into Oliver's killer side?  Ra's already has him as prisoner and Ra's isn't trying to fight Oliver, he's trying to recruit him.  I can't see the point of killing Felicity.

I don't believe the LOA is done with Malcolm. I think they let him go because they're preserving the status quo, but whether they take Oliver's RSVP no politely or decide to go after him to make him take the gig, I think Malcolm still has a problem with the LOA.  Therefore, he still needs Oliver to become its head, as he has good reason to believe Ra's Ollie Ghul would continue protecting him.  So, to be the head of the LOA, you have to be willing to kill.  In my spec, Malcolm would frame the LOA for Felicity's murder.  Easily believable if the LOA is coming after Oliver to make him take the job, or Malcolm could be making it look that way.  Obviously he'd ideally frame someone else because I don't think Oliver would join the LOA if he believed they killed his friends, but I think he maybe would to bring one of his loved ones back...more importantly, this is Malcolm's plan, and he's batshit crazy.  I mean, his plan re Thea was bizarre: (1) why did he wait so long, and why be so sneaky that TA very nearly failed to figure out it was Thea at all; and (2) why send an archer to fight Ra's knowing an archer can't beat Ra's, as Malcolm has since admitted.

So in my spec the frame job doesn't work, Felicity fingers him before dying (or possibly someone on TA ends up watching it on the cameras Malcolm set up), she tells Oliver she loves him, dies, shippers get their angsty due, Oliver kills or captures Malcolm, takes him or his dead body to Ra's as a gift, and makes a counteroffer that he'll take the job in exchange for LPing Felicity.  

Oliver apparently finds out about the LP in 3.16, and we should find out then how it works (as will he) and whether it works on the recently-dead.  We also don't know whether this version of the LP causes insanity.  Based on how much Ra's is chilling in it, it  doesn't seem like it does have any particularly bad side effects.  So she dies at the end of 3.19, she's "The Fallen" in 3.20, and then at some point in the episode she comes back and spends 21, 22, and 23 getting Oliver out.

The good thing about this spec is that it could also be Diggle or Thea or maybe Roy who dies but it would otherwise play out the same.  I just don't see Oliver joining the LOA because he's depressed that his city doesn't need him or whatever, or even because of a threat to his family.  He's usually more proactive than that...like I think he'd try to beat them if his family/city was threatened, not join them.  But joining them in exchange for getting Felicity back from the actual dead, that I can see.

Or Roy just gets killed.  Who knows.

• Love 1

I bet Ray is good at dancing. Because he's good at everything, probably sings a solo at the wedding.

I will legitimately cry tears of anger and hatred if Ray gets to dance with Felicity and Oliver is relegated to watch from the other side of the room with sad puppy eyes. She already had sex with the guy. Couldn't they have let her have a dance with Oliver. Would that be too much to ask for? 

• Love 6

[bold] nycooperstown asked:[/bold]

So worried about what episode 19 is going to bring if Stephen's or Colton's tweets are any indication! My question is does the show have a general roadmap at the beginning of each season and if so has the direction ever been changed based on fan reactions or any other reasons?

[bold]MG:[/bold]

We always begin each season with a roadmap and we often change it a little as the season progresses. Unfortunately, we’re writing so far ahead of broadcast that there isn’t any opportunity to make changes based on fan reaction.

Translation: There's a lot of Raylicity coming up because we didn't realise the fans would hate him, and it, so much.

• Love 15

There's some pics of Nyssa and Laurel together floating around. I hope KC takes some body awareness classes during the summer because KL (and CL before her) just standing there looks like she could physically hurt someone. KC - not so much. I'm guessing this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship. /ew

• Love 1

So Laurel is a Mary Sue and Ray is a Gary Stu. They belong together. That "is there anything Ray can't do" Makes me sick. Does MG really think if Ray does everything perfectly and always gets what he wants that everyone will love him while Oliver keeps getting shit on?

• Love 1
(edited)

I love Arrow's let show our support of the LBGT community by having two women in a relationship, kill one of them off and have the other hang around her straight sister all the time. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4

I will legitimately cry tears of anger and hatred if Ray gets to dance with Felicity and Oliver is relegated to watch from the other side of the room with sad puppy eyes. She already had sex with the guy. Couldn't they have let her have a dance with Oliver. Would that be too much to ask for?

Me too curse these goddamm writers we do not want to see Ray get everything! I detest that douchebag

• Love 2

SA Twitter pic looks like Oliver will be running through a hospital, since it's from his POV (which is a way to convey panic) I think bad things will happen to Felicity.

• Love 1

If someone passes away at the end of 19, then 20 might open with one of those closeup scenes where the actor walks around in a daze with a camera attached to their body. It's a handy way to convey shock and disorientation.

• Love 1

"Is there anything Ray Palmer can't do?" UGH. See, this is exactly my problem with him. He's too 'perfect.' Supposedly never does anything wrong. Put him with Felicity and you have the most boring relationship in existence. So glad I won't be watching that hot mess.

Didn't those tweets come from the same person who tweeted about Laurel's BC arc and how amazeballs it was? There is so much propping going on around here. 

Can we get back to the show that's about Oliver please? He doesn't need the CW PR person to tell us how incredible he is.

Didn't those tweets come from the same person who tweeted about Laurel's BC arc and how amazeballs it was? There is so much propping going on around here. 

She's the CW's director of marketing, so at least the propping is her actual job. :)

• Love 11
(edited)

So Oliver is being filmed as if it's his perspective…and he's in the hospital outside ICU. Hmmm. I can only think he might be frantic and running through the corridors, given the filming perspective. Why does this make me feel like something's happening to Felicity or Thea?

She's the CW's director of marketing, so at least the propping is her actual job. :)

Lol, true. But I don't remember her doing anything like that before. Not to the extent of naming how great certain characters are. 

Edited by Guest
(edited)

Lol, true. But I don't remember her doing anything like that before. Not to the extent of naming how great certain characters are.

Well, to be fair, she doesn't really need to point out the greatness of other characters since most of them are pretty well-liked on their own.

And yeah, I'm wondering if something happens to Thea or Felicity too. Or maybe that's the aftermath of the death? Or, maybe whatever killed the killee (Roy) injured someone else? Maybe this is where Oliver has to imagine living a life without Felicity (or whatever he said at that con)? I'm really glad to see Oliver's still in civvies since that means he must not have joined the LoA yet. Unless he's already ascended the ranks and instituted a new dress code (MAKE EVERYTHING SHIRTLESS ALL THE TIME).

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 4
(edited)

If the lair really does explode, it can kill someone [Roy] and injure a number of many other peoples. Except for Laurel, I guess, since KC wasn't in Van when they filmed the emotionally draining scene Stephen and Colton mentioned.

And if Oliver wasn't there when it exploded, but has to come rushing to the hospital: waaaaaangst.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 3

The stills for ep 16 don't seem to make any sense (which is par for the course this season, I suppose.) The Arrow shows up at Lance's office with all the lights on? What's Nyssa doing at the station in her LOA gear? And is the photo of Thea and Oliver on Lian Yu a 3x14 photo included by accident?

Lol, I'm reading those tweets properly now and I'm so happy to know Felicity looks hot in her outfit. It's all I've ever wanted for her character. So Laurel gets to be tough. Ray gets to be awesome and saves the day. And Felicity gets to look nice. 

You have to laugh.

Man, the only person I want to die is Malcolm. We've not heard anything new about him have we?

"You're just too good to be true..." Whilst looking in a mirror.

Then he'll sing "Every Breath You Take" while staring at Felicity...

• Love 18

Lol, I'm reading those tweets properly now and I'm so happy to know Felicity looks hot in her outfit. It's all I've ever wanted for her character. So Laurel gets to be tough. Ray gets to be awesome and saves the day. And Felicity gets to look nice.

But of course--she only exists to be the object of male affection on this show.

So the fern will burn to ashes when the foundry blows up. I'd consider that a development. I can't imagine anyone attempting to rescue that thing.

Thousands of Olicity shippers will rush in to save the symbol of their doomed ship.

So Oliver is being filmed as if it's his perspective…and he's in the hospital outside ICU. Hmmm. I can only think he might be frantic and running through the corridors, given the filming perspective. Why does this make me feel like something's happening to Felicity or Thea?

Maybe to Thea.  If he still remembers Felicity exists other than to do tech for him, he'll probably assume Ray is going to save her.

So Felicity is in the hospital in ep 18, but Oliver is running around it in ep 20, two weeks late. Sounds right for season 3.

No, I don't want her dancing with Oliver, I don't want her anywhere near Oliver at the wedding because MG will make it all about they looking at each other with sad eyes and I will be ragey because they're both idiots and now Diggle's wedding is completely ruined for me. I don't want to see any of that.

• Love 1

No, I don't want her dancing with Oliver, I don't want her anywhere near Oliver at the wedding because MG will make it all about they looking at each other with sad eyes and I will be ragey because they're both idiots and now Diggle's wedding is completely ruined for me. I don't want to see any of that.

Felicity and Ray being all happy and dancing together (& other Ray propping) will ruin Diggles Wedding for me.

• Love 6

Why are people constantly asking questions about the fern? I don't get it. I'm starting to hate the stupid thing. Ask questions about Felicity and when she'll get a story that's not about Ray. That's what's important. Ugh. 

Maybe to Thea.  If he still remembers Felicity exists other than to do tech for him, he'll probably assume Ray is going to save her.

So Felicity is in the hospital in ep 18, but Oliver is running around it in ep 20, two weeks late. Sounds right for season 3.

Lol, you're very anti-Olicity now. That's a shame. I understand though. They've tainted them a bit this season. 

I don't think Oliver sees her as just tech support now though. Yes, he's wrapped up in Thea and Malcolm and the threat of Ra's but I still think he's very much in love with Felicity. It's just story dictates that she has to be with Ray for a while. It's shitty but eh. They are such a non-entity I don't even care anymore. Seriously. DullsVille.

Also, I don't think Felicity is injured in 318. I think it'll be Ray and she'll be at the hospital as a dutiful girlfriend would. Unless it was physically impossible for Oliver to be there, I refuse to believe he wouldn't go to the hospital if she was injured. 

Why are people constantly asking questions about the fern? I don't get it. I'm starting to hate the stupid thing. Ask questions about Felicity and when she'll get a story that's not about Ray. That's what's important. Ugh. 

Lol, you're very anti-Olicity now. That's a shame. I understand though. They've tainted them a bit this season.

I don't think Oliver sees her as just tech support now though. Yes, he's wrapped up in Thea and Malcolm and the threat of Ra's but I still think he's very much in love with Felicity. It's just story dictates that she has to be with Ray for a while. It's shitty but eh. They are such a non-entity I don't even care anymore. Seriously. DullsVille.

Also, I don't think Felicity is injured in 318. I think it'll be Ray and she'll be at the hospital as a dutiful girlfriend would. Unless it was physically impossible for Oliver to be there, I refuse to believe he wouldn't go to the hospital if she was injured.

I think its the fandoms way of having a little fun in this dismal season. I know I talk about the fern for fun (mostly because I don't really want to think about the other crap that's going on). 

For me Olicity has been tainted because the writers are forcing the two characters into the plot when it doesn't fit. Oliver making stupid decisions, Felicity propping Ray... Otherwise, I'm not bitter about the couple. I think that their issues are legitimate. It's so obvious to me that Oliver still loves Felicity. But I may have to backtrack my previous statements and say that Felicity still doesn't know just how deep her feelings for Oliver go. I think she was on the brink of understanding when Oliver returned, but he messed that up and so she walked away from him in order to protect herself.

I don't think Felicity will be the one who's injured either. I think that's why Mama Smoak doesn't encounter Oliver or any other person. Ugh I swear, I feel like every Ray scene is from a different show. It's so separated from the main plot (whatever that may be). 

• Love 7

I will miss Roy's pretty, pretty face if they kill him off.

I hope Fern's "big developments" include a Little Shop of Horrors moment. Frustrated with the lack of TA: Original Flavor, Ferny acts out to get his parents' attention and blows the foundry to hell.

I was really hoping the Ra's Ollie Ghul thing would have a legit payoff, but if they resolve it by the end of the season, as seems likely, and Ollie's wandering around Starling for the foreseeable future, I'm having a hard time picturing how it can.

I'm getting more and more anxious to have Felicity express herself, but at the same time I'm nervous the writers won't do it justice. I'm sure EBR will do a good job of rounding it out, but if it's written just as a way of illiciting a specific reaction from Oliver, it's going to hurt. Let her be a person, dang it!

But I still want to see Oliver win at something. Anything at all. I want to see the guy come out on top. Just once.

I've been thinking about this for a while. While I'm not bitter about it, necessarily, i think I'll take it to the bitterness thread....

• Love 1

Is it possible that this whole Sara being killed and Oliver's reaction was a test from Ra's and that the "game changer" is that she isn't really dead?  Of course this way Laurel is even more of a saint.

I don't care about Roy so I will not miss him, but I am willing to keep him if they kill Laurel.

• Love 1

Is it possible that this whole Sara being killed and Oliver's reaction was a test from Ra's and that the "game changer" is that she isn't really dead?  Of course this way Laurel is even more of a saint.

I don't care about Roy so I will not miss him, but I am willing to keep him if they kill Laurel.

Well, I dunno.  They did bury her. :(

Does anyone think the 'where there is smoak there is fire' response by MG hint at Felicity being in danger or is he just trolling?

Trolling, for sure. I'll be shocked if it's anything more than that. It did make me smile, though.

• Love 1

response to what?

Tumblr:

Marc, I gotta tell you. All these ambiguous spoilers, they are killing us. But, get us talking for hours and days and speculating over plots. So, they're working - as a biz major I have to say, marketing wise, you guys know how to create suspense for this show and engage the fans ;) That said, I simply cannot wait for the rest of this season! Hope, we won't get another break cause of the timeline misfit with Flash? PS: I'll cry for days if you guys really dare to kill off Roy or Lance #toocruel

Thanks for the kind words.  I think everyone involved with the show enjoys social media and enjoys teasing and building suspense.  That said, it’s hard to create smoak where there’s no fire.

• Love 1

Does anyone think the 'where there is smoak there is fire' response by MG hint at Felicity being in danger or is he just trolling?

Knowing MG, probably both. Leaning more to the troll-y side of the bridge but Felicity being in danger is very possible.