Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Don't we get Laurel is gonna be bad-ass speech every year? And i don't think he knows much about Laurel story just commenting on the pics KC was posting. 

Edited by Velocity23
(edited)

It doesn't sound like Roy has much going on in the first three episodes.  Colton Haynes does seem like a really nice guy, though...very complimentary to all of his fellow castmates.

However, I'm thinking that he has to be majorly overhyping Laurel at this point.  How much ass shredding can she be doing in the first three episodes, especially considering the fact that the Kreisberg just said today that putting on a mask and running around will get you killed?  It's doubtful anyone from the show knows what Laurel's future role will be since the EPs probably haven't bothered to think ahead beyond the three episodes that have already been written.  Planning doesn't seem to be their strong suit.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 2
(edited)

Honestly, and I realize this is an unpopular opinion here, if Laurel is going to be on the show, I'd rather see her be bad-ass and useful than everything she's been doing.  A significant part of my personal problem with Laurel is that I really hate seeing this professional, well educated, hard working (pre alcohol) woman constantly shown as incompetent and helpless to the point of hampering crime fighting instead of helping it. It bugs me. 

Thing is, though, @Velocity23 is right: we keep hearing that Laurel is going to bad-ass and cool and hopefully this time we'll really like her, and then this ends up not happening, so I'm not really optimistic that she's actually going to be bad-ass and useful. 

Edited by quarks
  • Love 5
(edited)

Honestly, and I realize this is an unpopular opinion here, if Laurel is going to be on the show, I'd rather see her be bad-ass and useful than everything she's been doing.  A significant part of my personal problem with Laurel is that I really hate seeing this professional, well educated, hard working (pre alcohol) woman constantly shown as incompetent and helpless to the point of hampering crime fighting instead of helping it. It bugs me. 

Thing is, though, @Velocity23 is right: we keep hearing that Laurel is going to bad-ass and cool and hopefully this time we'll really like her, and then this ends up not happening, so I'm not really optimistic that she's actually going to be bad-ass and useful. 

If she's going to be on the show, I'd rather her be interesting. I just don't know what it would take for me to find her interesting. The LI tidbit is encouraging, because I dread her and Oliver giving romance another go, so it'll be good to have that off the table for a while at least. If they could become friends? That might be nice. And I'd like her more if I wasn't constantly worried about good things for her coming at the expense of a character I like.

I just have a massive amount of DO NOT WANT whenever she pops up on the screen. It would be great if I could watch this show without that.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 5

If she's going to be on the show, I'd rather her be interesting. I just don't know what it would take for me to find her interesting. The LI tidbit is good, because I dread her and Oliver giving romance another go, so it'll be good to have that off the table for a while at least. If they could become friends? That might be nice. And I'd like her more if I wasn't constantly worried about good things for her coming at the expense of a character I like.

I just have a massive amount of DO NOT WANT whenever she pops up on the screen. It would be great if I could watch this show without that.

Agreed on all of this.

I'm surprised The Flash is having a cross over as early as the fourth episode actually. Perhaps they want Felicity lovers over there early. I almost don't count the Oliver Queen as Arrow cross over in the pilot.

I'm optimistic, maybe we'll learn something new about Felicity. I adored her interaction with Cisco and Caitlyn so whoo hoo.

(edited)

Wait, could we be getting Tommy flashbacks?  I WOULD BE SO HAPPY!

He's in a flashback in the second episode! It was confirmed today.

Although AK said he and Oliver just missed each other in Hong Kong, so it can't be Oliver's flashback, since how would he know? It can't be Tommy's, because he's dead. Whose would it be?

Edited by apinknightmare

It can't be Tommy's, because he's dead. Whose would it be?

I wonder if it could be a Malcolm flashback.  Hmm, do we know for sure, he had no idea Oliver was alive for those five years.  I guess it could also be Waller. but that would annoy me.

Honestly, and I realize this is an unpopular opinion here, if Laurel is going to be on the show, I'd rather see her be bad-ass and useful than everything she's been doing.

Laurel bores me so anything that may make her scenes less tedious to watch would be a plus. Just not optimistic that the show could pull it off.

• Love 1

I am guessing they going for Ronnie &Felicity interaction for the comic fans. 

Only Caitlyn Snow and Ronnie were betrothed. Again he's not dead? But anyway I look forward to seeing her with super smart people.

(edited)

Although AK said he and Oliver just missed each other in Hong Kong, so it can't be Oliver's flashback, since how would he know? It can't be Tommy's, because he's dead. Whose would it be?

Could be Oliver's and he misses Tommy because Amanda stops him from interacting with his old life?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Could be Oliver's and he misses Tommy because Amanda stops him from interacting with his old life?

I guess I interpreted "just missed" to mean that they walked past each other and neither one knew the other was there, and if that's the case then it couldn't be Oliver's flashback since he'd have to know Tommy was there in the first place.

Maybe it's just bad wording on the EP's part.

I'm surprised The Flash is having a cross over as early as the fourth episode actually. Perhaps they want Felicity lovers over there early. I almost don't count the Oliver Queen as Arrow cross over in the pilot.

I'm optimistic, maybe we'll learn something new about Felicity. I adored her interaction with Cisco and Caitlyn so whoo hoo.

I might be dreaming, but I thought I read something somewhere that said there would be closure on the whole Felicity/Barry thing early in the season, so this is probably where it is. Also, if they are going to make some sort of connection between Felicity and Ronnie, they'll probably drop that in here too.

I guess I interpreted "just missed" to mean that they walked past each other and neither one knew the other was there, and if that's the case then it couldn't be Oliver's flashback since he'd have to know Tommy was there in the first place.

Maybe it's just bad wording on the EP's part.

Just guessing really, unless they do one of those sliding door type stories where Oliver is thinking about his time in Hong Kong and Merlyn is telling Thea about this time he and Tommy went to Hong Kong. So it's two stories but one flashback that overlaps?

The only other alternative is Tommy being alive and worse the big bad?

(edited)

I think we've seen small stuff before in island flashbacks that Oliver wasn't present for and therefore had no direct knowledge of. It could just be that we, the viewer, see more of what happens in Hong Kong than he does - Oliver's history rather than Oliver's memories I guess.

Edited by Tallis

True. Laurel bugged me off and on during S1. It started as early as the second episode I think, but I didn't hate her on my screen. I held out hope even going into S2, even after the messy Tommy things, which might be why I stopped hoping actually since S2 started me down a rage path wrt Laurel. It's also why I'll believe what they say about making her into a character I'll love when I actually see it. But at least there's no Insta!Canary, and I'm happy they addressed the damn jacket. The jacket fantasies flying between LaurelasCanary fans were insane and discounted everything about the show's path to heroes.

It might even be a good idea to show her in a relationship. Her scenes with Tommy often reflected well on her since she was happier, smiling, etc. She and Oliver don't have that ease between and haven't at any point in two seasons. Even before I really got on board with Oliver and Felicity, I knew I wasn't into the story of the initial pairing. Chemistry is subjective but the story has dictated a certain reserve between them at the least and outright hostility very often and isn't enjoyable to watch. I like the Ted Grant idea and it combines the stories. Osborne? I tend to think no but it's just based on comic knowledge so it could be I guess. We don't even know Grant is coming.

Caity just has 3 eps? Huh that's surprising because I was also thinking they're announcing her as a regular at the con. Maybe her other work prevents it? She seems busy. Still, maybe it's a good thing because I'm already wondering how they plan to fit everything in and we're still nearly three months away from season 3.

It's the way flashbacks work on TV. In order to tell a compelling story, they will usually show scenes, conversations, etc. that the person recounting the story couldn't possibly know, because it is a visual medium. Oliver could easily be telling Felicity and Diggle, or just thinking about, that time in Hong Kong when he was doing so and so, and then the show illustrates the fact that as he rounded one corner Tommy was going around another. Oliver wouldn't have to be thinking about the fact he and Tommy just missed each other, it would just be the show telling us they did.

As for how much The Flash will cross over with flagship series Arrow, Kreisberg told TVGuide.com after the panel that it'll happen often on a small scale, but they are planning for a big event later in the season. "Episodes 8 of both shows, Arrow and Flash, are going to be a two-hour crossover event," Kreisberg says. "[Also], in Episode 4, Felicity [Emily Bett Rickards] is going to come to The Flash."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Flash-Wentworth-Miller-Arrow-Crossovers-1084633.aspx

(edited)

It's the way flashbacks work on TV. In order to tell a compelling story, they will usually show scenes, conversations, etc. that the person recounting the story couldn't possibly know, because it is a visual medium. Oliver could easily be telling Felicity and Diggle, or just thinking about, that time in Hong Kong when he was doing so and so, and then the show illustrates the fact that as he rounded one corner Tommy was going around another. Oliver wouldn't have to be thinking about the fact he and Tommy just missed each other, it would just be the show telling us they did.

Yeah, i was just taking it literally, wondering if maybe they were going to introduce flashbacks from another character that's in Hong Kong as well.

Edited by apinknightmare

This is nice:

I don’t know what to say beyond that, except that we’re really acknowledging the chemistry between the two characters and the attraction between the two characters, and we’re moving forward with their dance, that they’ve basically been doing since episode 3 of the show. From the moment they met each other, there was something going on, and we’re just honoring that,” he explained.

Don't know what to make of this:

Finally, we asked Guggenheim about the title of the second episode of Arrow Season 3, which is “Sara.” What does that mean, exactly?

“Sara looms very large in the episode, but that name may have a double meaning,” he teased.

(edited)

Yeah, I don't know what to make of that either. What other meaning could it have?

This was also interesting.

“I’ll tell you this: Jean Loring has already been on the show, and if he [Ray Palmer] was involved with that Jean, there would be a bit of an age difference,” he said, before adding that it will be addressed. “We will be acknowledging the Jean Loring that appeared in the beginning of Season 2 as Moira’s attorney, in the context of Ray Palmer, just not as boyfriend and girlfriend,” he said.

Edited by Starfish35
(edited)

Just read the AK interview and I will say that I am happy about the Thea mention. I think its about high time the show gave Willa more to work with and I'm excited to see where her own personal journey takes her. 

Not too happy about the Oliver and Digg supposed "conflict" over Digg becoming a father. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I hope it plays out differently than what I'm imagining. Maybe Oliver is encouraging him to take a break from the crime fighting now that he and Lyla are in a family way and Digg doesn't want to? As I said before, since the transition to fatherhood will no doubt be difficult for Digg, I think this is the perfect time for Oliver to step in and be a rock for him in the same way Digg has always been for him. But I guess we'll see. 

Also the talking up of Brandon Routh/Ray Palmer is pretty much the same thing that happened with Barry Allen last year and I find that kind of uninspiring. I ended up loving Barry but that had a lot to do with Grant Gustin's portrayal of him, in a weaker actor's hands he would've fell flat IMO. 

And lastly, EL OH EL at MG pretending to not know what ship-baiting is. But I do like that he acknowledged that Oliver and Felicity have had a connection since the beginning.

Edited by stormborn
  • Love 2
(edited)

Matt Mitovich's article just got published...

Are we going to learn anything about Felicity’s past on this season of Arrow? Like possibly who her father is? –Becca
As Felicity/EBR’s fans very well know, “We have had a backstory for her for over a year now that we keep saying, ‘This is the episode where we’re going to do it,’ and we don’t,” Guggenheim shared. “But this is the year we’re going to do it. That script is getting worked on as we speak.”

The script may be getting "worked on" but as we know things change and scenes get cut. 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 1

Ok, I guess I was expecting something more in-depth, like TVGuide did, rather than just a couple of questions in his Inside Line. And the answer to the Laurel question? Consider my enthusiasm officially dead again. :(

• Love 1
(edited)

From the Matt Mitovich interview:

One of the things we’re most excited about is Laurel’s story. Everything that we’ve been gearing up for, for the last 46 episodes, will come to fruition

What exactly have they been "gearing up for"?  Laurel's story has kind of been just aimlessly wandering all over the place for the last two seasons.

Also regarding Laurel:

and there will be some interactions with a new character that we haven’t announced yet…. Her fans will be really, really happy

What about, you know, everyone else who watches the show?  Do they only write Laurel story arcs with her fans in mind? 

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 3

So its just gonna be an episode arc for Felicity? And it was pushed to season 3 because?

Yeah I know. I always thought the reason it got pushed off was because it was a larger story/arc. Not just a one and done type of story.

(edited)

Yeah I know. I always thought the reason it got pushed off was because it was a larger story/arc. Not just a one and done type of story.

I think the fans made more out of it then they intended. They said they pushed it back to S3 because it was to big to fit in S2...so we assumed that meant something huge but really it could just mean it was too big to to fit in with everything else they had to wrap up.

However, there's also the possibility that it's split between Arrow and Flash. Maybe Ed Raymond really is her father?

What about, you know, everyone else who watches the show? Do they only write Laurel story arcs with her fans in mind?

I made a similar comment earlier. Edited by Morrigan2575
(edited)
So its just gonna be an episode arc for Felicity? And it was pushed to season 3 because?

On the plus side, it means that her back story is unlikely to be tied into a Big big bad. I like my Felicity on the normal side of things.
  Edited by Lisin
  • Love 1
(edited)

Can we have any scoop on Laurel Lance’s storyline for Arrow Season 3? –Anita

Oh yes, you can. We spoke with exec producer Marc Guggenheim at a Thursday night CW soiree, where he professed, “One of the things we’re most excited about is Laurel’s story. Everything that we’ve been gearing up for, for the last 46 episodes, will come to fruition” — possibly including that passing of a baton/leather jacket in the season finale. As the season opens, “She’s still in the DA’s office,” Guggenheim added, “and there will be some interactions with a new character that we haven’t announced yet…. Her fans will be really, really happy.”

In light of recent BTS photos that show a boxing ring and several easter eggs referrencing a boxer during season 2 of Arrow, I'm thinking that character will turn out to be Ted Grant/Wildcat. He will probably be Laurel's new love interest. If true, that tells me that Laurel's training arc is definitely happening this season.

ETA:

I just saw that others on this thread guessed the same thing already. That's what I get for posting before reading. *lol*

Edited by shadow2008