Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

So Laurel is the one jumps out a window and onto a helicopter lol

Yeah, they're not at all doing Insta-Canary.  Cause jumping out a window onto a rope dangling from a helicopter is really something you learn after a couple months of boxing lessons.

• Love 3

An emotional Felicity lets Brick get away, throwing the city into chaos. I'm thinking Felicity's anger is a combination of guilt over Brick and justifiable anger at Malcolm over everything else.

• Love 1

I'm not really sure where this belongs, but I'm a little disturbed that they are using Felicity's mistake (I would have done the same thing) in this episode as a factor in Laurel suiting up.  Laurel is now going to raise to the occasion to fix Felicity's mistake. And Felicity could walk out on the team instead of aligning with Malcolm to fix said error. 

Where are they going with this?

• Love 11

It's really unfair to put it on Felicity she's right Diggle and Roy could've died and then Brick still would've been on the loose

I'm not really sure where this belongs, but I'm a little disturbed that they are using Felicity's mistake (I would have done the same thing) in this episode as a factor in Laurel suiting up.  Laurel is now going to raise to the occasion to fix Felicity's mistake. And Felicity could walk out on the team instead of aligning with Malcolm to fix said error. 

Where are they going with this?

Laurel herself said trusting Malcolm would be stupid. Felicity knows this already, Malcolm sent the man she loves to his "death" why would she want his help

• Love 3

I don't like it either but I can understand their logic -- it will serve to equalize the two characters since right now, Felicity is batting way above Laurel.

Do we know if Felicity goes back next episode?  (Please don't let it be Laurel who brings her back.)  She's got to be back by 312 if she's going to argue with Roy and Laurel about Malcolm.

I don't like it either but I can understand their logic -- it will serve to equalize the two characters since right now, Felicity is batting way above Laurel.

Do we know if Felicity goes back next episode?  (Please don't let it be Laurel who brings her back.)  She's got to be back by 312 if she's going to argue with Roy and Laurel about Malcolm.

She must do something, because in the preview didn't she say something about knowing how to contact the Canary? So she knows Laurel's dressing up as Sara, at least. Since Roy and Diggle go and have a talk with Laurel about getting herself killed, I'm guessing Felicity, Roy and Diggle all talked at some point. So maybe she's back at the beginning(ish) of the next ep.

ETA: with the pic of EBR and PB that came out today, seems like maybe he asks her if he knows how to get in touch with Canary, and she tells Laurel that Lance is looking for Sara? Please, please, please come clean with your bullshit Laurel. I'm begging. Don't try to fool that man. The fact that you even have to ask Nyssa for advice about it makes me side-eye the shit out of you.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

Right but you probably have a cable/satellite subscription (or an antenna). what I'm referring to are what is referred to (and i think i remember the term correctly) are TV-less households, who don't have cables but may still own a physical TV set; Those homes are unlikely to own a DVR and would exclusively consume their TV viewing by streaming it.

I was trying to commend you by admitting my own faults, lol.  Getting rid of the crap TV and not spending waaaaay too much on (in my case) satellite (cause I live too far out in the country for cable) is a good thing, a thing to be admired and strived for.  :)

in the preview didn't she say something about knowing how to contact the Canary?

I'm really afraid that it will turn out somehow to be Felicity's idea for Laurel to pass herself off as Canary.  They have her already in the promo saying she knows how to contact her.  That implies she's setting up a meeting.  Please, please, please let it be something she says just to buy time and beg Laurel to come clean to her dad about rather than have Felicity instigate operation "fool Quentin"  They already threw her under a bus with the "is it Felicity's fault the Brick got away?  (I saw nothing that said he wasn't already winning anyway)

• Love 4

Looks like Moira won't be showing up in flashbacks after all:

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/558008513314574336

So i guess this confirms that it will be Robert who we will see. Did MG say a few days ago that one of them will be back.

I was trying to commend you by admitting my own faults, lol.  Getting rid of the crap TV and not spending waaaaay too much on (in my case) satellite (cause I live too far out in the country for cable) is a good thing, a thing to be admired and strived for.  :)

Oh. Lol. The downside of writing your thoughts and emotions, they don't always transpire as you wanted them to..:-)

I'm really afraid that it will turn out somehow to be Felicity's idea for Laurel to pass herself off as Canary.  They have her already in the promo saying she knows how to contact her.  That implies she's setting up a meeting.  Please, please, please let it be something she says just to buy time and beg Laurel to come clean to her dad about rather than have Felicity instigate operation "fool Quentin"  They already threw her under a bus with the "is it Felicity's fault the Brick got away?  (I saw nothing that said he wasn't already winning anyway)

I hope it's not her idea either. Does she know that Laurel hasn't told him that Sara's dead? She'd probably put that together really quickly after Quentin asked about her and say that she knew how to get in touch with Canary to buy some time, then leave it up to Laurel to figure out how to deal with it. 

I don't think they threw her under the bus with the Brick thing. She made a decision that might've been the wrong one, but they did go out of their way to show that Diggle and Roy were going to lose that one, so I think it's a wash.

She made a decision that might've been the wrong one, but they did go out of their way to show that Diggle and Roy were going to lose that one, so I think it's a wash.

I thought I was seeing signs that everyone assumes they would have been fine.  I'm good with it being a questionable choice but I was getting the impression that it was blatantly coming down on the side of wrong choice.  :(

I thought I was seeing signs that everyone assumes they would have been fine.  I'm good with it being a questionable choice but I was getting the impression that it was blatantly coming down on the side of wrong choice.  :(

Could be. People are angry at her for turning out the lights on them, so it's entirely possible. I thought it was obvious in the context of the show that they were going to lose that one and that while they were angry she made the choice for them it wasn't necessarily the wrong one. 

• Love 1

Could be. People are angry at her for turning out the lights on them, so it's entirely possible. I thought it was obvious in the context of the show that they were going to lose that one and that while they were angry she made the choice for them it wasn't necessarily the wrong one. 

Well, that's what I saw. 

As for the lights, it happened while they were fighting the same day Oliver died.  She turned off lights for goodness sake.  She didn't break anything or hurt anyone or lock them out of the computers.  Ooow, she made Roy or maybe Diggle climb stairs!  Die, bitch die!  Insert deep eye roll. 

I am very curious how she ends up back on mission.  Right now she seems against all of it to the point were her not wanting to be any part of the life - even dating someone who it a part of it - feels pretty natural, even though Felicity has been the great believer in the mission.  Or maybe she'd always been a great believe in Oliver and suddenly he failed in a most spectacular way.  And yet, if he comes back, wouldn't that undo his failure (as far as she would be concerned?) 

Ray feels like a situation where she realizes he's going to bumble around with or without her so maybe she steps in to help cause he's worse off without her and maybe that's the same with the rest of the team...but then why so mad at Oliver???  Again, the "I don't want to be a woman you love" line would fit her new apparent rejection of the vigilante life but we know after it's said that she's back helping Ray at least by 3.18 so...contradiction. 

Ack, this just isnt' fitting right.  Maybe next week she'll apologize to everyone and say "never mind". 

I didn't care when Laurel turned off the tv, and I thought that Felicity turning off the lights was a nice touch symbolically. I honestly can't believe people are making such a big deal out of it. Was it a little rude? Yes. But so what? Felicity was grieving and Laurel had to deal with the man she hated for 5 years coming back to life. 

However, I feel like the initial reactions to Felicity doesn't bode well for how she will be received in the future episodes when she's "mad as hell" or when she's vehemently against Laurel and Roy wanting to team up with Malcolm or when she shuts Oliver down after he returns... I fear that the writers will make Felicity look incompetent in order to boost up other characters and forward the plot. 

• Love 1

I think there might be a time jump next ep. Diggle and Roy seemed conflicted about what was going to happen next (isn't that why Laurel suited up?)- Felicity's just the only one who made an emotional, definitive statement about it. Quite a few people mentioned in their TCA interviews that everyone's going to have to examine why they did what they did, why they were involved in the first place. Why do they continue without Oliver? I think they'll all figure that out and go back next ep, committing themselves to a new mission without Oliver at the helm.

• Love 3

I really think they are trying to show Felicity off center or off her game cause the man she loves deeply is "Dead". I also find it stupid that Felicity fans would turn on her for her understandable grief and of course there are fans who never liked her at all. It does make you wonder if these writers are trying to get people against Olicity when they say they love it. Ill never turn on Felicity she's my girl lol. I just hope they convey when Oliver gets back that she loves him deeply but doesn't trust he won't break her heart again people need to give her a break Oliver has left her crushed before

I didn't care when Laurel turned off the tv, and I thought that Felicity turning off the lights was a nice touch symbolically. I honestly can't believe people are making such a big deal out of it. Was it a little rude? Yes. But so what? Felicity was grieving and Laurel had to deal with the man she hated for 5 years coming back to life. 

However, I feel like the initial reactions to Felicity doesn't bode well for how she will be received in the future episodes when she's "mad as hell" or when she's vehemently against Laurel and Roy wanting to team up with Malcolm or when she shuts Oliver down after he returns... I fear that the writers will make Felicity look incompetent in order to boost up other characters and forward the plot.

It would be really dumb to hate on Felicity when Malcolm led Oliver to his death and she loves Oliver and should hate the Man who did it. Laurel herself reminded how Malcolm can't be trusted.

B77xKSNCQAIF3Kn.jpg

I got a bad feeling about his return when he and Felicity reunite after seeing this like it won't be a happy reunion when it should be.

I think there might be a time jump next ep. Diggle and Roy seemed conflicted about what was going to happen next (isn't that why Laurel suited up?)- Felicity's just the only one who made an emotional, definitive statement about it. Quite a few people mentioned in their TCA interviews that everyone's going to have to examine why they did what they did, why they were involved in the first place. Why do they continue without Oliver? I think they'll all figure that out and go back next ep, committing themselves to a new mission without Oliver at the helm.

From the preview, it looks like Brick has done a lot of damage. More damage than just a few days could produce. I think the team really does disband and then they come back together. 

With all the jokes about Laurel and Roy earlier, did anyone else think Laurel sounded flirty when she told Roy they were even in the promo? LOL

I am a little mystified on their logic. Why make their most popular character less popular to prop up a character that is disliked by so many? Seems like that will just make viewers give up on the show.

I am a little mystified on their logic. Why make their most popular character less popular to prop up a character that is disliked by so many? Seems like that will just make viewers give up on the show.

MG made that comment about EBR being likable even if she was strangling a kitten.  Maybe they just think she's bullet proof?

• Love 3

MG made that comment about EBR being likable even if she was strangling a kitten.  Maybe they just think she's bullet proof?

I've said this before in a different way, but yes, I think they are banking on their best assets (characters/relationships) being basically bullet-proof, and they're very wrong about that. These characters and their relationships with each other are taking a beating, and I'm not sure they're all going to fully recover.

I don't have any negative feelings about the way Dig or Felicity handled things tonight (though I think the emotion could have been stronger, from both of them), but I'm not at all surprised that others do, and I expect that will continue through the next few episodes. If Felicity is either pretty firmly over on Team Atom for awhile or evenly splitting her time--it's not going to be fun to watch. Particularly if she's also full of rage at Oliver in that period. Now that we know Oliver wasn't in on any kind of plot to fake his own death, I don't know what the source of her rage would be aside from just too much emotion in general. And I love Felicity, and I can sympathize with her, but that characterization is never an easy sell, and I don't expect it to go over well at all.

And frankly, as much as I love Team Arrow and Olicity, I think on a subconscious level, this stuff will start to wear on me too. I already just feel vaguely disappointed with everything this season, despite lowering my expectations with every episode. I still desperately cling to whatever crumbs of Team Arrow/Olicity I get, but even those crumbs aren't as good as I want them to be. And I just feel like after they all kiss and make up (literally, in one case), I could look at them in the foundry with the 101 superheroes who now work there, and realize that it's kind of all been tainted, and we're just never getting that magic back.

• Love 6

I agree, I find it somewhat difficult to see what Felicity would be mad at. She seems very emotionally beaten but if Oliver returned, I would think she'd be happy about it.

Perhaps I'm being too black and white about emotions but, at least with Laurel when Oliver returned I understood her anger at him basically killing her sister and making a mockery out of their relationship while she was at it. This time Oliver purposefully left to protect his sister. It wasn't about Felicity at all, at this point I can definitely see her enraged at Malcolm Merlyn. So it'll be interesting to see it play out.

Laurel herself said Malcolm isn't to be trusted so if Felicity says "peace out" after they want to work with him, I'd be OK with it. I wouldn't want to see her abandon team Arrow, but why be part of a group that works with an evil man like Merlyn? They have zero reason to trust that guy. If she then works with Ray I'd side eye that crap, but I have to see how it plays out. Right now she wants nothing to do with suicidal missions, but she did say he's her friend. And she doesn't want to lose any more friends. It's a tough position, and my biggest concern is the writers isolating her. But seeing as she keeps having heart to hearts with Ray, that is how things are going to be.

Do we have confirmation that she will actually be "mad as hell" at Oliver? Because I think it might just be a misdirection on the TPTB part to create buzz amongst the fans...

I honestly cannot see them writing a believable scenario that Felicity would be that mad at Oliver that it would overshadow the fact that he is alive and able to have a possible reunion. I don't see him working with Merlyn. And even if he works for LoA, it would likely be in a way that protects the ones he loves... So Im just not buying this rage being directed from Felicity to Oliver.

If anything, and this is pure speculation. What I would love to see is Oliver actually play a pivotal role in helping her work thru her anger. Perhaps even out their partnership a bit, have him provide a little bit of light.

My gut, says her anger will be about something or someone else.

• Love 1

So I read the recaps and reviews of the episode and all I can say is "WOW" (and that is not a good "WOW").

I guess that bus is going to be parked in Sterling City for a very very long time... (you know the one that Felicity is going to be under for the next couple of (or more) episodes).

I hate when writers do this.

Ugh! I am soooooooooo mad right now.

Edited by Chiny11

This is the show that thought it was a good idea for Laurel to rant at Sara and throw her out, within an hour of learning her sister was alive. Their idea of what the appropriate emotional response is to this sort of news is... a little off.

Remember back when Thea was so happy to see Oliver alive, in the pilot? I really liked that scene. Shame they think making people more emotionally messed up is the way to go. I'd imagine Felicity will have a similar, Laurel-like reaction of stunned silence when Oliver returns, and when she does react, she'll get progressively angrier with him for everything he's "put her through".

• Love 1

This is the show that thought it was a good idea for Laurel to rant at Sara and throw her out, within an hour of learning her sister was alive. Their idea of what the appropriate emotional response is to this sort of news is... a little off.

Remember back when Thea was so happy to see Oliver alive, in the pilot? I really liked that scene. Shame they think making people more emotionally messed up is the way to go. I'd imagine Felicity will have a similar, Laurel-like reaction of stunned silence when Oliver returns, and when she does react, she'll get progressively angrier with him for everything he's "put her through".

Oh I just hope not.... The melodramatic angst just pulls so much away from the show. They have strong actors/actresses; kickass stunts/production value and so much more to offer than just melodramatic angst. Reveal more dark secrets/alliances, twisted villains, etc. But leave the melodrama to some of the other shows on the CW. It just makes the show weaker... That's another reason I was sad when they killed Moira, that woman knew how to keep her secrets and manipulate with a velvet glove. Also ST nailed her performance every time. I know was heroic that she died, but still imagine the possibility they gave away with her character. I can't see many people turning in for a will they wont they romance, and another triangle would just be redundant. People turn into watch the characters and the action, a little romance is good but to overburden a show with unnecessary angst is a little sad, not when there is so much more potential to delve into.

Edited by kismet

I think I trust your gut, kismet, because my gut is saying the same thing. I don't think it's Oliver that Felicity will be "mad as hell" at. I think it'll be either Malcolm or the rest of Team Arrow for partnering with Malcolm. I don't even think that Oliver will be back-back by 3x12. I think he'll show up at the last second as the final tag of the episode to pull viewers in to watch the next one (3x13--that very special Canaries episode).

The only thing that's for certain is that EBR delivers a powerful performance that is MG's favorite of hers to date at the end of 3x12, where she will be "mad as hell" and is standing strong. For all we know, Felicity delivers a verbal smackdown that touches on how much Oliver meant to her, how she feels about their crusade/Team Arrow, and how Malcolm destroys everything he touches and she will have none of that happening to/tarnishing the work that the Team has done/is doing. Maybe she even kicks Malcolm out of the foundry or threatens him using her tech prowess (girl did code the Brother Eye virus). Who knows. It was the journalist who speculated that this big Felicity scene might be related to Olicity and that "I don't want to be a woman you love" tease.

Also, even though I know that MG always teases Felicity lines and it could very well be her who says that "I don't want to be a woman you love" bit, I kind of want it to be Thea to Malcolm after Thea finally wisens up, remembers that Malcolm is a mass murderer, and learns of all the shit he's pulled--brainwashing her, videoing her being mind-controlled into killing her friend, causing her brother to get killed. This is the same episode that we find out Malcolm's connection to Brick (probably related to how/why Rebecca died) and when Sin returns. Maybe Thea gets a dose of truth tea on how vile Malcolm really is and how naive she was to put any trust in him, even though he's been training her to get physically stronger. I just need Thea to find out the truth and everyone to stop lying to her already. I wouldn't even be opposed to Felicity or Roy pulling a Slade and dropping truth bombs on Thea then flouncing out the door. I don't think WH went to the Joey Tribbiani School of Acting so she should be able to pull that kind of scene off.

• Love 4

Now that we know that Oliver's alive and that we will be seeing him in present-day at least a little throughout his absence, I'm also thinking that he won't be back in any significant way in 3x12. He could've been on set shooting scenes with Maseo, or making his way back to Starling, or whatever. Like others above, I think he'll show up in the city (or in the foundry or at someone's door) at the last second to pull viewers in to 3x13, and that Felicity's not going to be "mad as hell" at him. Since she's going to be vehemently opposed to partnering with Merlyn and she's obviously very worried that she's going to lose another friend, I wonder if that team up results in Diggle or Roy (maybe Laurel?) getting hurt or some other kind of catastrophe that makes her angry? 

I forget - what were the spoilers about this ep? That MG thought people would be upset with him and that he'd have to get off of Twitter (or something along those lines), but was that in reference to Oliver and Felicity? And we're supposed to find out for sure how Felicity feels about Oliver, but is that definitely in 3x12? And is "I don't want to be a woman you love" also for sure in 3x12, or did MG just say it was his favorite moment of an "upcoming episode"?

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1
(edited)
I forget - what were the spoilers about this ep? That MG thought people would be upset with him and that he'd have to get off of Twitter (or something along those lines), but was that in reference to Oliver and Felicity? And we're supposed to find out for sure how Felicity feels about Oliver, but is that definitely in 3x12? And is "I don't want to be a woman you love" also for sure in 3x12, or did MG just say it was his favorite moment of an "upcoming episode"?

I stand corrected

I asked on another site but never got an answer so I don't know if MG linked the Felicity as Mad As Hell in 312 to Oliver, I assumed she was mad about people trusting Malcolm and working with the man that killed Sara and set Oliver up to be killed.  I still think the reason MG said Olicity fans will hate him is because Oliver shows back up in 312 and Felicity basically tells him "I don't want to be a woman you love".  It seems like they're totally setting Felicity up to put the brakes on Olicity because she's wounded and afraid of the pain of losing Oliver again.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

AFAIK, MG has never indicated which episode, specifically, the "I don't want to be a woman you love" line will be in. And I don't think he said that it's the Olicity fans that will hate him but that there will be things happening that will outrage fans.

For 3x12, specifically, here's what I found:

• According to (x): “She speaks up!” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg tells TVLine. “She definitely speaks up, but not quite in the way I think people are expecting. She has a lot of strong feelings.”
  • From the same source above: The scene in question, which takes place at the end of Episode 12, “probably is my all-time favorite Emily Bett [Rickards] performance,” Guggenheim enthuses. “She is so, so, so, so incredibly strong in that scene, it’s ridiculous.”
  • (citation needed, can't find the specific ask post, sorry): The "mad as hell" description of Felicity's mood at the end of 3x12 from his tumblr.
  • Per (x): “There’s a scene at the end of episode 12, it’s Emily’s strongest performance on the show,” Guggenheim said adding that he’ll have to temporarily get off Twitter due to all the fan outrage that will come from upcoming moments this spring. <-- I'm not taking this to mean 3x12, necessarily, since he does qualify the outrage-worthy moments to be upcoming this spring, which may be any episode up to the series finale, actually.

Additionally, we've been told that Sin is coming back, in a pivotal role (meaning the writers remembered she exists), in this episode. This will have Malcolm flashbacks. Malcolm will have a connection with Brick. And, I'm not sure about this but, I think Ted Grant will also make an appearance.

• Love 5

Thanks, SleepDeprived for compiling that!

So, I guess her speaking up in a way that people won't expect could mean that she's going to say how she feels about Oliver but maybe not to him (because at that point she'll still think he's dead)? Maybe the Merlyn joint venture ends with something terrible or close to terrible happening and she finally loses her shit about being in love with him and having him die on her and whatever, whatever, and then the last shot we get is of Oliver standing on the top step of the Foundry waiting to come down, having overheard it all? 

Based on the 3x11 extended promo, I'm glad Felicity seems to be back in the foundry in 3x11 (I didn't think anyone would stay away long), and I really hope that she doesn't try to convince Laurel to trick Quentin (although with her recent string of losses, who even knows). 

I also hope the line from Laurel about noticing that Oliver and Felicity have feelings for each other is something cringe-worthy like "I know you guys are in love. You look at each other the way we used to," or something else that would have made me want to punch myself in the face. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 4

From the extended 3x11 video promo, it looks like Felicity is back on Team Arrow by the next episode: "It's our home that's under attack."  Also, at first I thought from that promo that Oliver recovered from his near-fatal wounds really quickly, but then I realized that it was probably Oliver in a Hong Kong flashback scene.

As for the 3x13 pics, doesn't it look like Laurel is smiling when she punches the Count?

From the extended 3x11 video promo, it looks like Felicity is back on Team Arrow by the next episode: "It's our home that's under attack."  Also, at first I thought from that promo that Oliver recovered from his near-fatal wounds really quickly, but then I realized that it was probably Oliver in a Hong Kong flashback scene.

As for the 3x13 pics, doesn't it look like Laurel is smiling when she punches the Count?

I'm pretty sure that's current day Oliver - he has short hair, and there have been recent set pics of SA filming flashbacks with that stupid wig on. There must be some kind of a time jump between this ep and the last, because he looks fairly healthy there, and it seems like Maseo's gotten word of Brick doing his thing and taking over SC. 

It does look like she's smiling, but there was video of that day, and it seems like they did a few run throughs, so it could be that's a picture from a scene that they were rehearsing the stunt moves for. Or maybe she's crazy hopped up on Vertigo.

Edited by apinknightmare

You're right - I forgot about the hair.

Maybe Oliver doesn't want to return to Starling City because as long as Ra's thinks he's dead, Thea will be safe.  So maybe letting people think he's dead is why Felicity is so mad at him when he finally does return?

• Love 2

You're right - I forgot about the hair.

Maybe Oliver doesn't want to return to Starling City because as long as Ra's thinks he's dead, Thea will be safe.  So maybe letting people think he's dead is why Felicity is so mad at him when he finally does return?

Yep, that very well could be. If that's it I just hope they're really careful about it and don't make Felicity look unreasonable in her anger. Like, have her ask him why he didn't let them know he was alive sooner and instead of saying something like, "I was hurt, I needed to recover," or "I was worried what Ra's would do when he found out I hadn't died and I needed to come up with a plan," that would make his story reasonable, he'd have to tell her that he thought it was for the best or something typically and stupidly Oliver. 

When did Oliver start wearing the hat in the flashbacks? I took particular notice of it this time, but has he been wearing it before and I missed it or did even the EP's get tired of looking at the wig?

When did Oliver start wearing the hat in the flashbacks? I took particular notice of it this time, but has he been wearing it before and I missed it or did even the EP's get tired of looking at the wig?

Last night was the first time I recall seeing it. Maybe it's getting a bit freezy in Hong Kong? Or Oliver needed it to be stealthy while zip lining into that window.

• Love 2

AFAIK, MG has never indicated which episode, specifically, the "I don't want to be a woman you love" line will be in. And I don't think he said that it's the Olicity fans that will hate him but that there will be things happening that will outrage fans.

For 3x12, specifically, here's what I found:

• According to (x): “She speaks up!” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg tells TVLine. “She definitely speaks up, but not quite in the way I think people are expecting. She has a lot of strong feelings.”
  • From the same source above: The scene in question, which takes place at the end of Episode 12, “probably is my all-time favorite Emily Bett [Rickards] performance,” Guggenheim enthuses. “She is so, so, so, so incredibly strong in that scene, it’s ridiculous.”
  • (citation needed, can't find the specific ask post, sorry): The "mad as hell" description of Felicity's mood at the end of 3x12 from his tumblr.
  • Per (x): “There’s a scene at the end of episode 12, it’s Emily’s strongest performance on the show,” Guggenheim said adding that he’ll have to temporarily get off Twitter due to all the fan outrage that will come from upcoming moments this spring. <-- I'm not taking this to mean 3x12, necessarily, since he does qualify the outrage-worthy moments to be upcoming this spring, which may be any episode up to the series finale, actually.

Additionally, we've been told that Sin is coming back, in a pivotal role (meaning the writers remembered she exists), in this episode. This will have Malcolm flashbacks. Malcolm will have a connection with Brick. And, I'm not sure about this but, I think Ted Grant will also make an appearance.

There are 2 posts in the spoiler thread dated January 11 stating that he will have to get off twitter for because of the few moments at the end of 3.12.  They were discussing Emily's scene.  One is an article by tvjunkies (posted by Soulfire) who imply that it is Olicity related.  The other is tweeted confirmation by Laurel Brown @ DocBrown_TV (posted by Statsgirl).

I'm so annoyed with how they are using us to tune in each week for The Laurel Trilogy. This episode ended with Oliver still alive, and so people will tune in for 3x11 hoping to see more of him in the present and possibly returning. The promos for 3x12 will have him appearing in Starling City, but that will probably only be in the last 30 seconds. Then the promos for 3x13 will focus on his return and the appearance of Tommy and Sara.  They won't even promote these episodes as Laurel heavy because they know she's not a fan favourite so people may record them and watch them later, or skip them altogether. 

If you are going to put Laurel front and centre for 3+ episodes at least make her the focus of promotional stuff. Stand  behind your decision. 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 3

I feel like it will have something to do with Oliver. I am dreading it already when he himself (MG) knows that he will have angry fans bombarding his twitter/tumblr.  This is the same guy who was surprised by the fact that people were so upset that Oliver had died. If he predicts that the reactions will be bad, I have a feeling it will make people less than happy.

As for Ray and Felicity: I have no idea whether they are still planing to have them hook up or not. This episode it didn't feel romantic to me because it was overshadowed by Felicity's grief but who knows, maybe next episode will turn up the romance. I just think that they have other things on their minds but what do I know. I however do think that the EPs wanted (and still want) people to be more into Ray and Felicity than they are at this point. Or maybe it is just me who isn't crazy about their 'out of this world' chemistry. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 1