Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

This is also making me wonder if Bex hadn't gotten another job, would Sin have been a part of Team Arrow after Sara died? And man, I wanted that so hard. So so hard.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 1

This is also making me wonder if Bex hadn't gotten another job, would Sin have been a part of Team Arrow after Sara died? And man, I wanted that so hard. So so hard.

Yeah , it would have made so much more sense.

Bring on the au fics where sin takes laurels place as the bc

• Love 2

Well, since CH said the storyline was scrapped, it probably won't ever happen. But if it is intended to be Laurel, oh god, I would love that so much. I would actually specifically tune in for that. 

Well, he did say that Roy and Laurel would get closer, and Roy does want to be like Oliver .....

I would so tune in for that.  Hysterical.

MG has been promoting this as a Brick trilogy, the first time any villain has had a multiple-parter who wasn't the season Big Bad.

That laughable line by Laurel "I'm the justice you can't run away from!"...

So she loses in court, or the culprit walks because there has been some malpractice - and Laurel seeks help from Arrow (as always, she's game if she needs something from Oliver). With Arrow gone, Laurel "has no choice" but to deliver justice herself, and we all know justice is best served on heels in black leather with a lot of shiny buckles.

Basically they're saying that when she loses in court, she can still get her own way by beating the guy up?  It's perfect for Laurel, who always thinks she's right but as a sympathetic vigilante character?  Not so much.

It look Oliver all season 1 with the help of Diggle and Felicity and starting out from a more empathetic place to become a hero. Are we going to have InstaHeroCanary as well as InstaCanary?

If the showrunner was promising, 'Laurel tries to do this, gets her ass kicked and gets charged with assault by the poor man who was just found not guilty. She gets fitted with an electronic ankle tag, and never attempts to be a vigilante again', I might actually watch just for the giggles

That would be organic storytelling. This is Comics!

Too bad Blood killed his mother.  Because the idea of Laurel and Mrs. Blood having tea together is comic gold.

Every time I see or hear "I'm the justice you can't run away from!", I think Oh, how I miss "The Tick."   Because that line is incredibly cheesy but would be PERFECT on the Tick. (any fans out there?)

If Batmanuel or Captain Liberty were to show up on Arrow, I would never say a bad word about Laurel ever again. Though even they would think her costume is a bit much. 

I wish Bex had joined Teen Arrow. Sin's upcoming appearance is on the very short list of things I'm looking forward to during the next block of episodes. 

Laurel and Roy? That's so stupid and nonsensical it might have worked. I mean, no, it wouldn't have, but I probably wouldn't have fast forwarded those scenes.

• Love 1

So, since we're supposed to look for awkward eye movements or whatever CH said, does that mean this stuff was filmed but cut? So the repercussive awkward eyes are still on screen?

That's what it sounds like lol. 

Edited by ban1o

When he mentioned awkward eye movement I thought of the episode Sara, when he had that shifty eye thing before hugging Felicity lol

So if the option were Felicity, I think they would  play it comedically(intentionally), like he's crushing on her or something, and it'd be hilarious. If it were Laurel it would be hilarious all the same (unintentionally, though). I want to see this, now ahah.

• Love 1

From the CH interview, about Oliver's death:

Felicity’s in love, so she doesn’t know how to handle it.

Well, duh. But are we going to find this out? That's the big question. 

Hopefully she won't handle it like Laurel did when Tommy died, going after an innocent person.

I like his spoiler about Roy helping Thea through it by showing her his old life.  I hope that actually gets shown.

• Love 2

I haven't watched the show since the season premiere (fuck you, show!) but there's an interview on IGN about how Roy becomes (sort of) a mentor for Black Canary and it make me so.  FUCKING.  PISSED.

It should be the other fucking way around, goddamn it.

He doesn't say that the interviewer said that. Colton said Roy doesn't know what he's doing, he's not ready and just makes up stuff as he goes. 

I'd pay them money to see Roy and Laurel in awkwardly romantic situations with weird eye movements...

Some hints:

- Roy walks in on Laurel trying to do Salmon Ladder

- Roy helps Laurel buckle her suit (It takes the best of 42 minutes)

- On a mission Laurel trips and falls on Roy and they tumble together in a heap of limbs, end up with Roy on top of Laurel

- High on Vertigo, Roy sees Laurel as Thea, Laurel sees Roy as Tommy, they end up locking lips

I can go on...

• Love 5
Some of her tweaks? Some lace and fishnet ("Because the Black Canary wore fishnets," Cassidy explains) fabric added throughout the costume, including the bodysuit underneath the jacket and the fingerless gloves.

So is this saying that the fingerless gloves were KC's idea, or that fishnet/lace ON the fingerless gloves was her idea?

I'd pay them money to see Roy and Laurel in awkwardly romantic situations with weird eye movements...

I'm not sure how much I'd actually see considering my hands would be covering my face, and my eyes would be peeking through the spaces between my fingers.  Oh, so much secondhand embarrassment.

As for Laurel's sleeker, platinum blonde wig, Cassidy explains, "I begged them, ‘Please don't make me wear a curly blonde wig.' Because the Canary had that and I just wanted Laurel to be more sharp and modern. Sexy, but smart. Just strong."

What, curly hair is not sharp, modern, sexy, strong, or smart?  I'm sure a lot of us curly-haired folks would not agree!

After reading about KC's contributions to her suit, I just can't take her seriously when it comes to fashion.  

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 3

Some hints:

- On a mission Laurel trips and falls on Roy and they tumble together in a heap of limbs, end up with Roy on top of Laurel

- High on Vertigo, Roy sees Laurel as Thea, Laurel sees Roy as Tommy, they end up locking lips

I can go on...

How can I be laughing and shuddering at the same time!

• Love 1

Some hints:

I can go on...

lmao I liked how everybody is having a field day with this. 

Roy and Laurel would be so ridiculous though...

Edited by ban1o

Some hints:

I can go on...

The buckles on her suit get tangled on the buckles on his suit, it's a ready made rom-com! I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THIS IS NOT HAPPENING.

From that KC interview:

I wanted a dark red lip and dark red nail color. I like the fact that it's dark; I also think it's more feminine. And I want the nail to match the lip," she says, adding that she asked them not to black out her eyes, which almost all of the other heroes on the show do.

So the fingerless gloves are so the nail polish can dry, it's all suddenly explained!

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 8

I feel pretty comfortable criticizing KC in this because my current nail polish collection clocks at around 300 bottles. And I actually LOVE matching lip and nail color. But I do that to go have drinks with friends, not, you know, for vigilantism. Her fashion priorities are a problem to her character development, and it shows.

• Love 8

So let me get this straight - the thing I've hated most about Laurel's Canary look, which is the hair and makeup, can all be blamed on Katie Cassidy? Check.

This is adding a bit more credence to my theory that Katie Cassidy is actually at least partially responsible for the problems with her clothes and makeup starting in season two - up until now I had nothing to back it up.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 10

The stuff about the costume it's the most coherent we've had from her all year lol 

She doesn't understand what's happening in the show and why, but at least she had a straight wig.

PRIORITIES, people.

• Love 8

So if I understand her correctly, Ms Cassidy thinks

1) that curly hair wig is not smart or sexy ( way to bash Ms Lotz there Ms Cassidy or whomever thought Sara's wig was fine).

2) that red lipstick is somehow more feminine than other lipsticks. If only poor Sara had access to lipstick on the island...and it's good to know that lipstick is a priority when designing a superhero look.....

3) I have long wavy hair and I'll be damned if I were going out vigilanting to not at least put my longer hair in a ponytail! The shorter curlier wig is actually more practical

4) Please tell me the buckles on the leggings were her idea....PLEASE

Gods just keep digging that hole Ms Cassidy. 

• Love 8

The thing is....a ponytail would actually be immensely more practical, not to mention flattering for KC. And it would distinguish her from Sara's look. And BC did have a ponytail for a while. I just figured they didn't do it because the ponytail has kind of become Felicity's thing.

• Love 2
Rickards and Routh will also bring their own brand of heroism to “The Flash” in episode 18, which is fittingly titled “All-Star Team-Up,” teased Kreisberg: “In episode four of ‘Flash’ when Felicity came by, it wasn’t just a gag to have Felicity come by. It really was integrated into the story. When you reach what’s going on in ‘The Flash’ at that point in the season, Barry is really at a crossroads. Having Felicity come by exactly when he needs her really plays into the whole storyline. It’s fine because as Marc said, Ray Palmer is all about technology and STAR Labs is all about technology. We get to see Ray so happy to be in STAR Labs… With Cisco [Carlos Valdes] and Ray, they’re new best friends. The STAR Labs team is going to help Ray further his ATOM project.”

interesting, so Felicity and Ray will be in Flash 118 and Donna shows up in Arrow 318...wonder how that's going to work out?

• Love 2

The thing is....a ponytail would actually be immensely more practical, not to mention flattering for KC. And it would distinguish her from Sara's look. And BC did have a ponytail for a while. I just figured they didn't do it because the ponytail has kind of become Felicity's thing.

The most practical thing would be a bun. Can't be pulled on, doesn't get in your face. Doesn't look as "sexy," but neither does that wig, honey.

I liked Sara's outfit because it didn't look like a special ops uniform, and it wasn't neck-to-toe black, and there was a softness to her with the hair and the lip gloss. Not that I think you have to be all femmed up to fight crime, but Sara knew she had a lot going on and she needed a nude lip, so...RIP girl, I miss you.

• Love 8

As long as Ray or Barry (or anyone.. Wells I might accept?) is responsible for her ending up in the hospital so Oliver can "fight" them then okay. I hate that trope more than anything and I think it's a bit immature and not something I want on Arrow. Let Felicity get hurt by being her and not because of some man so another man can man!pain. 

I wonder though if 3x18 won't take place in Central City? 

In a sea of dark red lipstick, and sexy, strong wigs, this is encouraging:

“Felicity is a hero in her own right. There’s different forms of heroism on both shows. The beauty of Felicity is that she’s the moral center of ‘Arrow’ and that’s actually the role that she starts to ascend to post-episode 309 where she’s the conscience. In many ways, she starts off trying to be Oliver’s voice in his absence and then starts to develop her own way of thinking about things. She’s always been very confident but she really comes into her own after Oliver’s apparent death.””

• Love 14

Yeah, it's certainly looking more likely that Felicity will be injured, pretty badly by the sounds of it, especially if it brings her mom to SC. But yet again, something important is happening to Felicity ON ANOTHER SHOW. Seriously. 

After reading about KC's contributions to her suit, I just can't take her seriously when it comes to fashion.  

You'd also feel that way if you read her blog. I tried after her interview about it last year and it's pretty superficial in the sense that the reader has to adapt to the fashion, rather than how to adapt what's fashionable to your particular age and bodytype.  Also she said she like one piece jumpsuits for travelling because they're so comfortable but I can't imagine how you would use an airplane lavatory in one.

lace - the most practical fabric for vigilantes since 1776.

I couldn't stop laughing at this.  Laurel and Katrina -- sisters across the ages.

The buckles on her suit get tangled on the buckles on his suit, it's a ready made rom-com! I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW THIS IS NOT HAPPENING.

That I would love to see.

interesting, so Felicity and Ray will be in Flash 118 and Donna shows up in Arrow 318...wonder how that's going to work out?

Felicity Smoak, integrating superheroes all over the DC universe.  Can she have a Star Labs invention too and get that invisibility thing the Lego Felicity has?  If she gets a costume too, then maybe she can go to panels like the cool kids.

Maybe we'll get lucky and Ray Palmer will decide that Central City is more his world. I'm excited to see him and Cisco working together, that could be a beautiful friendship and give Ray something to do other than Felicity.

I think they said no more cross-overs for the shows although some for individual characters so it's unlikely 3x18 will take place in Central City.  Could it be Ray getting hurt and Felicity is visiting him when her mom shows up?  Although why would Donna visit if Ray gets hurt?

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

For some reason I am not a big fan of having Felicity cross over again. I don't know why but I just think that she is always used as the connection between all these guys and everyone gets a storyline except for her. She just brings the audience along for the ride. (Also I am fed up with Felicity and Ray and their solo storyline but maybe they are preparing to send him off to the Flash next season, then by all means he should go to CC)  I don't know I am just somewhat grouchy today and that makes me pessimistic. :-)

So, it is safe to assume that the suite will still not be finished by 3x18? And that Felicity will be along for the 'turn Ray into a vigilante' ride.

• Love 1

Yeah, it's certainly looking more likely that Felicity will be injured, pretty badly by the sounds of it, especially if it brings her mom to SC. But yet again, something important is happening to Felicity ON ANOTHER SHOW. Seriously. 

Wait, oh gods.  They won't actually put her in a wheelchair and make her Oracle....will they?  And seriously why the fuck are big things happening with Felicity on another show.  Gods.  I'm starting to get really bitter about the Flash because it's existence is fucking with Arrow too much :(

• Love 3

Based on that stuff about Felicity being the "moral center of Arrow," maybe she will be leaving the team for a bit when they join forces with Malcolm.  

I hope that BR is crossing over as preparation to ship him off to The Flash.  I could tolerate him there, I think.

I actually didn't realize that KC's lipstick is dark red.  It looks black to me, but I'm glad that has been cleared up.

• Love 4

In Flash S0 they did a 2-part story called Smoak Signals.  I wonder if Felicity's nemesis from that story shows up in 1.18 which is how she (presumably) ends up hurt and in the hospital for 3.18.  Why else would Mama Smoak's scenes all take place at the hospital?

• Love 2

They may put her in a wheelchair temporarily as an Easter Egg! to show us how clever they are.  That could be why they changed the title of 315 from Oracle.

Maybe Ray's suit fails to function properly in 311 when he helps Quentin, and they're still trying to fix it in Flash's 118 and go to Cisco for help?

I actually didn't realize that KC's lipstick is dark red.  It looks black to me, but I'm glad that has been cleared up.

Nods. It's important to know that about the character for when she becomes a superhero..

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3

Wait, oh gods.  They won't actually put her in a wheelchair and make her Oracle....will they?  And seriously why the fuck are big things happening with Felicity on another show.  Gods.  I'm starting to get really bitter about the Flash because it's existence is fucking with Arrow too much :(

There's really not any point of putting her in a wheelchair. She's not a masked crimefighter, so she doesn't need to be paralyzed to find another way to fight crime. She does that from a computer anyway. 

• Love 5

That lace is going to snag on the buckles. How many pairs of gloves does she have? The 100 rings will also have to come off because of snagging and catching on the buckles. I can't even deal with the straight hair is sexier and smarter or whatever. 

You know, when Hayley Atwell was talking about the shades of nail and lip that Peggy Carter wears, I thought nothing of it because I knew Agent Carter has the skills to kick everyone's ass. Laurel doesn't, so the focus on the unimportant things of being a vigilante like lip color grates instead of being an interesting piece of her outfit. 

I also hope Ray's visit to The Flash finds him stranded there and unable to ever make the return back to Starling. Maybe he shrinks and they can't find him.

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 7

For some reason I am not a big fan of having Felicity cross over again. I don't know why but I just think that she is always used as the connection between all these guys and everyone gets a storyline except for her. She just brings the audience along for the ride. (Also I am fed up with Felicity and Ray and their solo storyline but maybe they are preparing to send him off to the Flash next season, then by all means he should go to CC)  I don't know I am just somewhat grouchy today and that makes me pessimistic. :-)

So, it is safe to assume that the suite will still not be finished by 3x18? And that Felicity will be along for the 'turn Ray into a vigilante' ride.

I think part of Felicity's story line is setting her up to be the contact between all the costumed heroes.  It makes sense that she would be the character to introduce Ray to Barry & Company because no one else has that connection with Ray.  I guess he could just stumble into Star Labs but this makes more sense.  I hope it is setting him up to go to The Flash in S4 since he and Cisco are going to be best buds.

I really, really, really, really (can't emphasize this enough) hope that even these producers wouldn't put Felicity in a wheelchair. There is a lot of stuff I'd be willing to accept but that would be too much. Yes she sits in front of a computer but how would she get down to the Arrow cave and back up again without assistance. (Just as an example) I truly hope they don't go there.

Edited by Belinea

There's really not any point of putting her in a wheelchair. She's not a masked crimefighter, so she doesn't need to be paralyzed to find another way to fight crime. She does that from a computer anyway. 

Oh I can think of plenty of stupid reasons for them to do this. Just a couple of thoughts off the top of my head:

--More angst for Oliver because his love is injured

--If she's injured because of something Oliver did, he can feel guilty and distance himself even further

-- Felicity decides that she  can't be with Oliver  because she is paralyzed ( such an old typical trope) and for his sake and happiness he needs to move on....and he goes back with Laurel

Damn they are just piling on the reasons for me not to watch this show. 10 million stills of Laurel being "badass". Ray's unfortunate storyline. No Oliver.

I mean these are great reasons to stay away yes?

Well there is one picture of Felicity, with her hair down but wearing glasses. That's her "Ray" look, as opposed to her "Oliver" look with a ponytail.

Looks like Roy and Laurel are fighting together, and Laurel is also investigating with her father.  Lots of Laurel in this trilogy.  And Douche DJ is back.  So add that on to Oliver not being there, and it looks like my 8 pm that night just got free.

I think part of Felicity's story line is setting her up to be the contact between all the costumed heroes.  It makes sense that she would be the character to introduce Ray to Barry & Company because no one else has that connection with Ray.  I guess he could just stumble into Star Labs but this makes more sense.  I hope it is setting him up to go to The Flash in S4 since he and Cisco are going to be best buds.

It's a clever way to tie the universes together, I think. They can't constantly be visiting each other because then Arrow viewers would always be asking "why don't they call Barry to deal with this villain?"  So by making Felicity the contact between the two worlds, they prevent that from happening and finally give Felicity a girl BFF.

• Love 3

I have a feeling that this episode will be seriously depressing and it will just continue to be depressing. Although the reason will not only be Oliver's absence but also the rise of all the other characters you were not interested in to begin with. What a great way to dive back into the show. Or maybe it is some sort of psychology: you don't like a story/the characters and so on.. and therefore you get so much more of it until you are so desperate for them to stop it that you agree to meet them halfway. 

• Love 1