Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Hmm. I didn't have an issue with the cookies scene so I don't agree in that regard but I don't think I'd call Felicity's other scenes, as brief and few as they were, a storyline. So I do kinda see why some might have an issue there? I loved her jumping in to protect Thea and Quentin because it shows how fearless she is but a brief bit about hacking and then shouting at Curtis for what he did isn't enough for me personally. But YMMV.

I guess for me I'm fine with less Felicity in certain episodes if this whole season hadn't felt like less Felicity, if that makes sense? As I said before, screentime means nothing if there's no storyline.

6 minutes ago, Trisha said:

He's also complaining that Olicity fans hate him because he doesn't include enough about their scenes in his spoilers. :)

I'm grateful for the dude tbh. I like being prepared to be disappointed these days. Haha. And then sometimes, like with Felicity's speech in 611, I end up being pleasantly surprised! 

(edited)

I don't see what the big deal is.  She is a career women (starting up her own business) with a family.  Personally I like seeing her have a life outside the bunker.  That is reality if you have kids, granted I would prefer to see her w/out the kid but I will take what I can get at this point. 

I agree that Oliver and Felicity are also newlyweds and they need to start acting like it.  I'm sure Auntie Thea could have babysat for a weekend.

I want more focus on her building her business but I don't want   it rushed (wishful thinking, I know).

Edited by ladylaw99
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Balaclava said:

And those are valid concerns from Felicity fans, look i know there are fans that don't care about FS outside of Olicity. As long as she's with Oliver it's fine, ( cool by me we don't all watch for the same), however there are also fans that have been waiting for a long time for FS to accomplish what her character said, in show (this is canon), it was her dream aka helping others/her company. 

Don't quite understand why the defense of MG, unless you still believe he's the epitome of feminism and would't actually put FS in the kitchen to punish her fans that called him out on twitter, because that's exactly how guys like MG think.

The core problem is not the baking, it's her lack of SL in S6 

Wow, for the "cookie/apron gate" being a rumor, you sure sound like a lot of the people who were involved in it, haha. Also - no reason to suggest that people who aren't up in arms about the baking scene aren't actually fans of Felicity outside of Olicity. 

MG is a sexist dickbag, but I would argue that if someone is being punished for speaking out by being stuck in the kitchen doing lady stuff, they generally then do not get asked by the main character for help solving a problem that he can't solve on his own and then get put in a whole bunch of other non-domestic scenes that involve her contributing to solving the issues presented in the episode. I imagine her storyline is not that great because, as shown in multiple ways throughout these past 6 seasons, the people who run and write this show aren't that great at their jobs.

• Love 11
(edited)
55 minutes ago, Balaclava said:

And those are valid concerns from Felicity fans, look i know there are fans that don't care about FS outside of Olicity. As long as she's with Oliver it's fine, ( cool by me we don't all watch for the same), however there are also fans that have been waiting for a long time for FS to accomplish what her character said, in show (this is canon), it was her dream aka helping others/her company. 

Don't quite understand why the defense of MG, unless you still believe he's the epitome of feminism and would't actually put FS in the kitchen to punish her fans that called him out on twitter, because that's exactly how guys like MG think.

The core problem is not the baking, it's her lack of SL in S6 

Let me be clear, I'm not defending MG. At all. Not his behavior, attitude, or writing. I do take offense at the implication that showing Felicity doing something traditionally feminine is "punishment". I am also tired of people creating conspiracy theories about why Felicity's storylines get dropped or why she has less screentime, Last season these same people accused SA of being responsible for Felicity's lack of storyline and trying to force her off the show because he was "jealous" of EBR. The simple and most obvious explanation is that the show's writers suck at pacing and balance, and this has been a problem since season 3, and all of the characters have suffered at one point or another because of this.

Fact is, storylines for all the other characters not named Dinah have gotten dropped and screentime for a lot of characters have been reduced, not just Felicity. This includes Oliver, the titular character. Look at how excited SA was about an Oliver-centric episode, on his own show, for heaven's sake. 

BTW, I don't appreciate being accused of not not caring about Felicity outside of Olicity just because I understand that at this point in the season, Felicity's startup company storyline does not fit into the narrative the show has decided to tell. Am I OK about her startup disappearing? Hell no. But I am not OK with a lot of things the show has done in 6B because all the characters I love, including Oliver and Diggle, are getting fucked over for the newbies, Dinah, and the lame ass villains. 

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 24
4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I imagine her storyline is not that great because, as shown in multiple ways throughout these past 6 seasons, the people who run and write this show aren't that great at their jobs.

And really, who on this show has a "good" storyline right now? I don't know what the writers are going through this season, but there's not a single character on the show right now who's being served by these writers. There have been nice moments and a handful of good episodes (I liked most of 6A), but everything since the midseason finale has been an unfocused, uninspiring mess. And if they're only writing shitty stories this year, I'm more than content for them to pick back up with Felicity's story in S7 so I don't have to associate her with this season of WTFness.

• Love 9

Yeah, it's true. It does feel like the season of the Dinah show tbh. All other characters have taken a major hit because of it. Even more so in 6b.

giphy.gif

Just now, KenyaJ said:

And if they're only writing shitty stories this year, I'm more than content for them to pick back up with Felicity's story in S7 so I don't have to associate her with this season of WTFness.

The saving grace is that Felicity and Olicity can't be blamed for such a messy season, even though some will try. ?

4 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I'm already grateful for the live thread for this episode and it's only Monday. 

I'm am so grateful for the live thread. I know that the worse the episode is, the more I will be entertained by my fellow posters.

3 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Curtis having to visit Zoe to tell her that Rene is gone. WTF. 

That kid is going to be begging to go back into foster care. 

So, everyone (and I mean the general public) knows that Starling City (and a bunch of other cities. Don't tell me Central City news isn't being reported.) have vigilantes. Everyone also should know that metas exist. Half of Starling City fought in a street brawl against DD who was doing magic things. Why the fuck won't anyone talk about other Earths and that BS is from one, she's a meta, and she's not the LL who's deady dead dead and rotting in a grave? The response would probably be a collective ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ guess it's Tuesday, but it could end this stupid charade that BS is trying to sell. She's murdery garbage and should be treated as such. 

• Love 1

I'd be more suspicious about the lack of storyline for Felicity if not for the fact that Dinah and weirdly Lance are the only ones with a storyline at this point.Felicity had her company and it got dropped,same with Digg and his wanting to be GA stuff,Oliver and the FBI storyline got dropped as well.Nothing but team drama exists since 6.09.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Curtis visits Zoe. He tells her that Rene’s gone

For a second, I read it 'he's gone' as he's dead... Maybe wishful thinking

4 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

The whole scene looks like a scene from S1-2. Kinda feels nostalgic

Stuff like that makes me roll my eyes so bad. Because how can it be nostalgic? It isn't even the same character. It isn't E1 Laurel. If it were her, then ok. But BS has no memories of Oliver and his Laurel is dead, how can the scene make you feel nostalgic? Also, I understand why they would want her to be Laurel but at this point, it just makes the team look stupid. Because Felicity and Oliver had this conversation last season and I thought the point was made.

Also, Oliver, the guy who couldn't commit to Laurel ever, wanted to marry Felicity so badly a) he asked her multiple times to marry him and b)  he even agreed to not get married so he could be with her. It is just weird how much some people rant about Felicity and how they hate the romance when all they are is upset about not getting their preferred romance.

I watched S2 while being sick last week and while it had flaws, it really was a good season. It had a flowing storyline that built throughout the season. I don't know why they can't go back to doing their show that way. It wasn't the biggest team, it wasn't the biggest bunker but it had a good storyline and a good villain. Maybe they should go back to that.

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

And really, who on this show has a "good" storyline right now? I don't know what the writers are going through this season, but there's not a single character on the show right now who's being served by these writers. There have been nice moments and a handful of good episodes (I liked most of 6A), but everything since the midseason finale has been an unfocused, uninspiring mess. And if they're only writing shitty stories this year, I'm more than content for them to pick back up with Felicity's story in S7 so I don't have to associate her with this season of WTFness.

Yeah, everything has been swallowed whole by the Civil War nonsense. It's tiresome.

I personally don't even need a huge focus on her business - all I want is for her to be involved with something that makes her happy and that she's successful at outside of Oliver and the team, and for the show to acknowledge that on a fairly consistent basis. If that's a storyline, cool. If it's the team talking about some accomplishments in passing, cool. If it's a villain attacking an event that her company is putting on, cool. It doesn't have to be difficult or time consuming, show! Although considering they can't even keep track of the easy stuff, maybe it is.

• Love 11

A good way to connect Felicity to the current SL was to have her company stalled because of her fingerprints that Cayden used instead they went with her and Curtis arguing about it and then him hurting digg with the prototype they made. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

A good way to connect Felicity to the current SL was to have her company stalled because of her fingerprints that Cayden used instead they went with her and Curtis arguing about it and then him hurting digg with the prototype they made. 

At this point it seems like they just introduced the company as a way out of the Diggle tremor situation (and to add something additional for them to fight about). Which is fine, I guess - I like my storylines to intertwine, I don't want to see a bunch of Oliver doing nothing in the mayor's office either. So, if that's all they meant to use it for, then Felicity and Curtis can dissolve it and they can (hopefully) start over with a clean slate for something else for Felicity. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

At this point it seems like they just introduced the company as a way out of the Diggle tremor situation (and to add something additional for them to fight about). Which is fine, I guess - I like my storylines to intertwine, I don't want to see a bunch of Oliver doing nothing in the mayor's office either. So, if that's all they meant to use it for, then Felicity and Curtis can dissolve it and they can (hopefully) start over with a clean slate for something else for Felicity. 

I guess that's the plan. Didn't EBR say something about a possible name change for the company? 

• Love 2

I don't need tons of Felicity company scenes either but I would like to see more than we've gotten. I'd actually really like to see her working on making that chip un-hackable, unless the plan is to dissolve their joint company for good rather than put it on hold until the two teams make nice again? (Not that I want them back together at all but I feel like it's inevitable at this point.) Either way I think what Curtis did was awful but definitely revealed a flaw with their prototype that I think Felicity could fix.

And if not that then they should let her build some tech herself.

I think the “apron gate” happened because people like to be dramatic and take things to the extreme. I can believe there are people that think baking is sexist even if I didn’t see any of that. But I saw a lot of tweets of people annoyed that the only thing Felicity has, other than her supporting role, is having some scenes as a stepmom a few times this season that isn’t even a SL for me because it’s one scene here and there and it’s a role. Annoyed because they’ve always written Felicity has ambitious, yet she hasn’t had a job for ages and they promised Smoak Tech so I think there wouldn’t be complains if it didn’t feel they were forgetting about that to focus on the newbies and Lance/BS. And I saw lots of tweets calling out people having a problem with stayed at home moms and baking when, from what I saw, it wasn’t even close to the point. If people talked, instead of attacking right away, probably there would be less drama.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Yeah, I'm not sure why the cookie thing is even an issue. I feel like I'm missing something. Haha.

It's not the baking cookies itself, it's what it represents -- a lack of real story line for Felicity. That's what a lot of fans are complaining about but for some reason some fans keep missing the point.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Balaclava said:

there are also fans that have been waiting for a long time for FS to accomplish what her character said, in show (this is canon), it was her dream aka helping others/her company. 

Honest question, because I don't remember, but when has Felicity said on the show that it was her dream to start a company?

(edited)
10 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

It's not the baking cookies itself, it's what it represents -- a lack of real story line for Felicity. That's what a lot of fans are complaining about but for some reason some fans keep missing the point.

That's because there isn't a point. There would be one if she was stuck in the kitchen all episode not doing anything helpful other than making cookies or being a parent. But she hasn't - that hasn't happened in any episode this season. I get being frustrated that things aren't panning out the way people had hoped wrt this storyline, but that doesn't have anything to do with baking cookies or what limited time she's spent being a stepmother to William. Tying the two together is probably a mistake. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 10

I think in the Bee episode she said she’s always wanted to make a difference and she can do it by mass producing the microchip..I don’t remember the words, only the bad puns about wanting to be a beecon of hope, lol.

I also remember EBR talking about how Felicity liked being a CEO, that she was good at it and that producing the chip was really important to her..it’s pretty sad tbh.

• Love 5

For me, the problem is that I'm not seeing anything on the show that suggests that having Felicity have a job/start her company is something they care to truly explore. If I'm being completely honest, I expect to see Dinah become the new police captain by season's end before I expect to see any significant progress made in Felicity's company. We at least see Dinah at work and they made it a point to promote her to lieutenant. 

Maybe I'd feel differently if we got an interview from one of the EPs about what's coming up for the rest of the season? 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Maybe I'd feel differently if we got an interview from one of the EPs about what's coming up for the rest of the season? 

But why would you believe them? Nothing they've said has ever lived up to the expectations fandom puts on it, haha.

• Love 1

I legit thought Felicity and William baking together was Felicity actually teaching him about baking and how it works with a side of bonding and yummie cookies.  Like she literally said something about 'thermodynamics".  I didn't think it was indicative that she would only ever be baking with him again. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I think in the Bee episode she said she’s always wanted to make a difference and she can do it by mass producing the microchip..I don’t remember the words, only the bad puns about wanting to be a beecon of hope, lol.

I also remember EBR talking about how Felicity liked being a CEO, that she was good at it and that producing the chip was really important to her..it’s pretty sad tbh.

That was Felicity wanting to make a difference in the role she found herself in, after she thought her vigilante days were over. And yes, she was excited about her first day as CEO, but again, it was because she thought she could make a difference in that job. It wasn't something she pursued or ever said she wanted. In 401 she offered to give the company back to Oliver. 

Felicity also said that she joined Oliver's superhero mission because she wanted to make a difference. She implied that was also her goal when she was a college hacktivist. So to me, what she has always expressed as her goal in life is to make an impact, not to end up on the Fortune 500. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Could MG and company be trying to do another backdoor pilot with the NTA with the BC as the leader?  If so they ruined 6B and NTA in the Process. 

Edited by BunsenBurner
Changed my mind about adding something else.
1 minute ago, lemotomato said:

That was Felicity wanting to make a difference in the role she found herself in, after she thought her vigilante days were over. And yes, she was excited about her first day as CEO, but again, it was because she thought she could make a difference in that job. It wasn't something she pursued or ever said she wanted. In 401 she offered to give the company back to Oliver. 

Felicity also said that she joined Oliver's superhero mission because she wanted to make a difference. She implied that was also her goal when she was a college hacktivist. So to me, what she has always expressed as her goal in life is to make an impact, not to end up on the Fortune 500. 

I never said her goal in life was to make money. I said she wanted to make a difference and she wanted to do that with her company. This year she decided to start a company even before she decided what the company’s goal was going to be so what was that about? She didn’t really want to start a company but she decided to do exactly that for unknown reasons?

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, BunsenBurner said:

Could MG and company be trying to do another backdoor pilot with the NTA with the BC as the leader?  If so they ruined 6B and NTA in the Process. 

I would like to see them try this just so I can sit back and laugh at the abysmal ratings and lack of buzz it brings!

Is it bad that I think it's good we are still arguing about Felicity? No matter what war fandom is having, 6 years on and we still love the girl enough to kick up a fuss for whatever reason! I am feeling a bit squee despite the arguing! Now if only those bastards, TBTP will give her more screen time and a storyline instead of trying to hock the ffing N00bs off at the market when no one is buying.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

That's because there isn't a point. There would be one if she was stuck in the kitchen all episode not doing anything helpful other than making cookies or being a parent. But she hasn't - that hasn't happened in any episode this season. I get being frustrated that things aren't panning out the way people had hoped wrt this storyline, but that doesn't have anything to do with baking cookies or what limited time she's spent being a stepmother to William. Tying the two together is probably a mistake. 

Responding in Bitterness thread ...

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm not gonna lie, I do wonder if the lack of FS in this back half is intentional. I wouldn't put it past MG to do so in retaliation to her comments during Kreisberg gate. I remember he said they had something for Felicity that was exciting and separate from Oliver in 6B(not her company), and I doubt there will be anything at all. I don't care about her making cookies, but I also DGAF about her or Oliver's relationship with William, because the show hasn't made me care about him. I know William is here to stay unfortunately, but if he got killed off I wouldn't blink, I hate kids on tv shows lol. But also, I resent the fact that Felicity has never been allowed to share her thoughts on kids and having a family, yet she's just expected to be step mom without complaint. I'm sure Felicity has come to love William, but it would have been nice to know what her desires were with having a family and when. I feel like all the other characters get some opportunity to express certain wants & needs that she's been denied and that will never be ok with me.The fact that these three noobs have had flashbacks, focus, and storylines (regardless of how shitty they are), while everything Felicity and Diggle have gotten has to be begged for is annoying as hell. They have yet to deliver on a single storyline for either of those characters, and people that say this is Oliver' story and there's not time, I'd say this season is proof that's bullshit.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I never said her goal in life was to make money. I said she wanted to make a difference and she wanted to do that with her company. This year she decided to start a company even before she decided what the company’s goal was going to be so what was that about? She didn’t really want to start a company but she decided to do exactly that for unknown reasons?

Because it was never meant to be a storyline. It was a plot point because the writers were working backwards like they always do, They needed personal fallout from OTA vs newbies rift, they needed a chip to fix Diggle's arm tremor, hell, they needed bail money when Oliver got arrested. Nothing about Felicity's startup storyline was thought out, which was a big reason why there was so much complaining when it was playing out on screen. 

You know how I know the startup storyline was never meant to go anywhere? They never gave her a set. That's always the easiest way to figure out if a storyline or character is going to stick around. Her storyline with Helix got a set built last season and they hired an actress to be her contact. In contrast, they barely bothered to redress the loft set, and they never showed her interacting with any extras or anything regarding the startup. So any promises that the EPs made about this storyline mean absolutely nothing.

• Love 2

This time of year they always spend more time focused on the storylines and characters I could not care less about.  I don't think the lack of focus on Felicity right now is indicative of her getting focus or more storyline in the future.  Right now her most important role for this storyline is being a team member and we have seen that from her every week and she's come off looking very heroic IMO.  So for now, I'm good.     

2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

You know how I know the startup storyline was never meant to go anywhere? They never gave her a set. That's always the easiest way to figure out if a storyline or character is going to stick around. Her storyline with Helix got a set built last season and they hired an actress to be her contact. In contrast, they barely bothered to redress the loft set, and they never showed her interacting with any extras or anything regarding the startup. So any promises that the EPs made about this storyline mean absolutely nothing.

I think this is proof that the company with Curtis was never meant to go anywhere but since she and Oliver were on track to get back together, it made sense to have her company set actually be the loft for now.  And now Alena is set to pivot from last year's Helix storyline to this years Smoak Tech.  Yeah, I'm going all optimistic for now.  :D

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Because it was never meant to be a storyline. It was a plot point because the writers were working backwards like they always do, They needed personal fallout from OTA vs newbies rift, they needed a chip to fix Diggle's arm tremor, hell, they needed bail money when Oliver got arrested. Nothing about Felicity's startup storyline was thought out, which was a big reason why there was so much complaining when it was playing out on screen. 

Sorry if I take the character’s wish, expressed on screen, to want to start a company to say that’s what the character wants to do and not what you deduct from BTS reasons. It doesn’t matter what they do or don’t do with that SL, Felicity said she wanted to start the company on screen and that’s canon. If MG says they planned something for Felicity they wanted to do last year and then says they wanted to have her start her company in S5 but “got seduced” by the Helix SL in interviews it’s normal people want him to deliver and again it’s pointless to the discussion that was about what Felicity wants. If you want to say Felicity doesn’t care about starting the company we can agree to disagree because I go by what they make her say on screen and it’s pointless to argue.

• Love 8

I don't see the point of getting worked up about Felicity not having a storyline based on spoilers from Redditor who ignores, glazes over or misrepresents Felicity when giving his descriptions of spoilers.

As for last episode, Felicity was instrumental in finding the evidence of Black Siren stealing the money. She lead Oliver and Diggle to the newbies lair- both significant plot points in the Ep. She was protective of Diggle and jumped in front of a bullet for Lance and Thea- a pretty bad ass heroic moment in the episode. 

Felicity having a company but not getting to see much of her working there, is no different then Oliver being Mayor and not seeing him do much actual work as Mayor that's not related to Team Arrow stuff, we don't see Dinah do any cop or detective work not related to Team Arrow stuff. Sane with Lance and Thea. Or Curtis. Does Diggle even have a job? 

Right now there are two big storylines. OTA vs NTA and Black Siren: To be redeemed or not to be?  which is directly tied into the OTAvsNTA storyline. Nobody is really getting a true individual storyline right now. It's all one big shared annoying storyline.

And if it's sexist to have Felicity bake and teach science to her son, isn't it sexist to assume a woman who is a mother has no meaning in her life? 

• Love 10
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

@BkWurm1 did you read the spoilers for 615??? I was wondering if you did!

I stumbled across some of them in regard to BS elsewhere but I zoomed right past the list the reddit spoiler guy delivered. I'm staying mostly unspoiled. It involved a lot of skimming, lol, but I just couldn't stay away. Knock on wood I can keep up the ignorance about Roy and Thea and the OTA.  I don't care if the other parts are spoiled.    

Edited by BkWurm1

Whilst I have very little hope of enjoying the next few eps, don't forget Reddit spoiler guy also glossed over a lot of goodness in 6.11.

I have been worried about punishment or EBR over her shading of MG over the AK debacle but right now *no one* has a good storyline and it's like this every year and the ones with storylines aren't having many favours done to them. 

LOL at Reddit being all "Maybe finally Lauiver!" Out of that bare discription when other much more "supposed to be that way scenes in S1and 2 still had the Nope face and KC and SA actually being in the same shot more than 3 times since the season started but I guess that and the wedding is just part of  yet another " awesome" surprise twist, because the one with Dragon is working out so well for them.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

And if it's sexist to have Felicity bake and teach science to her son, isn't it sexist to assume a woman who is a mother has no meaning in her life? 

And who exactly is saying a woman that is a mother has no meaning in her life? I find it funny how some people keep doing this thing where they accuse others of being against a FS wife/mom/stepmom when in reality we just want her to be more than that ( not only that)  by Felicity Smoak being 1st and foremost what they set up her char up to be and excuse me if some people like to forget on purpose what was said in show and by the eps and Emily herself in interviews, i didn't.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Balaclava said:

And who exactly is saying a woman that is a mother has no meaning in her life? I find it funny how some people keep doing this thing where they accuse others of being against a FS wife/mom/stepmom when in reality we just want her to be more than that ( not only that)  by Felicity Smoak being 1st and foremost what they set up her char up to be and excuse me if some people like to forget on purpose what was said in show and by the eps and Emily herself in interviews, i didn't.

Well it seems like people are saying that because Felicity has been developing a relationship with William that she has nothing of substance on the show because there's no focus on her company, no? Thereby equating Felicity learning to be a mother having no substance or importance? 

And honestly, I don't like the implication that Felicity baking cookies with William, because they just wanted cookies is somehow sexist or retaliation for some imagined slight against Emily. It was an expositional scene also meant to remind the audience of Williams prescence on the show. It's not indicative or encompasses Felicity's entire character. Especially, in an episode where she was shown to be capable, accomplished things of merit and was instrumental in moving the plot of the episode forward in the same ways Oliver, Rene, Dinah, Curtis, Thea and Lance were.

I actually think Diggle got the short straw this Ep. As he seemed to have the least amount to do in the Ep that helped move it forward, besides having his chip hacked. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, JJ928 said:

I'm not gonna lie, I do wonder if the lack of FS in this back half is intentional. I wouldn't put it past MG to do so in retaliation to her comments during Kreisberg gate.

This presumes that MG alone makes and executes storyline decisions all by himself. Since that is not the case, then if this is indeed retaliation against EBR for her very public statements, then he managed to get these decisions approved by his female co-showrunner, female EPs, and the women on the writing staff, all who have expressed in the past about how much they love EBR and writing for Felicity.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Well it seems like people are saying that because Felicity has been developing a relationship with William that she has nothing of substance on the show because there's no focus on her company, no? Thereby equating Felicity learning to be a mother having no substance or importance? 

If you are talking about posts you read on here I’m honestly baffled and also saying people think being a mother has no meaning in life is a pretty strong judgment to say about people you don’t even know. We should talk about the show here, no one knows what anyone thinks about real life people and insinuating something like that to defend a fictional SL doesn’t seem right to me.

I can speak for myself and say that I don’t think Felicity is getting anything of substance because she currently has no SL. Being William’s mom isn’t a SL, they just put a few scenes here and there, there’s no struggle, there’s no going from point A to B. There was at the beginning but now it’s just a cute scene here and there so to me it’s not a SL. Like if she was CEO having one scene here and there of her typing in her office wouldn’t be a SL.

I don’t know why wanting the writers to fulfill the promises about making Felicity start her own company can be taken as something negative. I like when she has something that has nothing to do with Oliver that can be the company or something else because it means more time dedicated to a character I enjoy. I respect moms that don’t work and moms that work and I can’t believe I even need to specify that.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

If you are talking about posts you read on here I’m honestly baffled and also saying people think being a mother has no meaning in life is a pretty strong judgment to say about people you don’t even know. We should talk about the show here, no one knows what anyone thinks about real life people and insinuating something like that to defend a fictional SL doesn’t seem right to me.

It could be because the OP she was replying insinuated that MG could be punishing Emily and her fans for calling him out on sexism by putting Felicity in the kitchen. Intentionally or not that insinuates that Emily's being punished by having her character do something that doesn't have as much value/development as starting a company would. 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Like if she was CEO having one scene here and there of her typing in her office wouldn’t be a SL.

And yet, the impression I'm getting is that if the 2 minute scene that Oliver walked in on in 614 was Felicity doing paperwork regarding her startup, or doodling tech ideas on the whiteboard,  people would've been satisfied that Felicity's company "storyline" was being fulfilled.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

This presumes that MG alone makes and executes storyline decisions all by himself. Since that is not the case, then if this is indeed retaliation against EBR for her very public statements, then he managed to get these decisions approved by his female co-showrunner, female EPs, and the women on the writing staff, all who have expressed in the past about how much they love EBR and writing for Felicity.

replied in the bitterness thread

I don't know if someone else mentioned retaliation, haven't made it too far back in this thread. But to be clear, I don't think the baking scene was retaliation, that's silly. I think her lack of storyline is what would be retaliation. She can cook a 5 course meal, those things don't bother me. What bothers me is that we're getting into ep 15 and the promised arcs haven't been delivered.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

And really, who on this show has a "good" storyline right now? I don't know what the writers are going through this season, but there's not a single character on the show right now who's being served by these writers.

That's why I'm okay with Felicity not getting any attention right now, because all the characters who have been getting attention (Quentin, Dinah, Rene, Curtis) have all been made to look awful.

I loved the cookie scene -- mathematics and thermodynamics showing that she's still the smartest person in the rom, and then William squealed that they also wanted cookies.  It's perfect mothering right before she hacks the cameras Oliver couldn't get to otherwise, attacks NTA for hurting Diggle and repairs his chip.

Oliver: “You’re not Laurel”

BS: “I’m not but I’m willing to try”

The whole scene looks like a scene from S1-2. Kinda feels nostalgic

Oliver spent seasons 1 to midway through season 3 pushing away Laurel, first emotionally and then from the lair once she found out about it. What is he nostalgic for?

6 hours ago, Angel12d said:

The 100th episode alien delusion gave them a lot of hope, IMO. They think Oliver settled for Felicity so he'll get rid of her as soon as he gets his Laurel back.

Do they even want Oliver to have Laurel as his love, as opposed to as his love interest? Oliver's relationship with Laurel in the first three seasons was so awful, they can't want that for a character they care about.

It seems like they just want to tick off the box and move on to the fights.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

I know you can't make sense out of nonsense, but I'd love to hear someone explain why the writers had Oliver and Felicity get married if Lauriver is endgame? Just so it would twist the knife harder for Olicity fans when he left Felicity for NotLaurel? LOL. I almost want to feel sorry for these people, but when they keep punching themselves in the face this way, I have to assume they just enjoy it.

They probably think Felicity is a ship stall. A six season long, wifed up ship stall. 

2 hours ago, BunsenBurner said:

If so, they’re doing it very poorly. 

Why are the writers’ ideas so bad? Just, like, really aggressively bad. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, BunsenBurner said:

I wondered about that when Curtis threw out the name Outsiders in 611. 

• Love 2

IDK if it was another backdoor pilot but I have wondered if this focus on the newbies and the team split was some kind of “can the newbies carry the show” experiment and the answer is a big fat HELL NO. ?

50 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

IDK if it was another backdoor pilot but I have wondered if this focus on the newbies and the team split was some kind of “can the newbies carry the show” experiment and the answer is a big fat HELL NO. ?

Shouldn’t they have made them likeable, in that case? This level of awfulness is either deliberate or the result of extreme incompetence. I’m honestly not sure which. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

Shouldn’t they have made them likeable, in that case? This level of awfulness is either deliberate or the result of extreme incompetence. I’m honestly not sure which. 

Well they did seem to think Susan Williams was a well thought out character and storyline so who knows? 

Maybe they decided they can’t make everyone happy but they can make everyone mad...voila Arrow: Drivel War. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

I keep going back and forth on this. I'm not sure it's possible to have accidentally made them this hateable but on the other hand, if the end goal is reunification of the two teams, why in the hell would they deliberately make NTA such incompetent, whiny, sometimes bordering on psychotic jackasses? Whatever the intention, there is definitely a major writing fail here.

• Love 2

Acting fail? Lol could you have possibly flipped the script and acted less terrible?

I know I'm reaching but that's all I've got! 

If this is a backdoor pilot for the N00bs of some sort you will all need to pick me off the floor because I will fall unconscious from all the laughing!!!

They didn't think they could give BR his own show! OMG can you imagine the fine talents of JH, EK and RG leading their own show! However will they keep the hoards of enthusiastic fans under control. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Love 8