Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Just now, statsgirl said:

Too bad Star City doesn't have a police force to help. Or the FBI.  Are those guys are just sitting on their hands while the bad guys take over

I can't remember the last time the SCPD or the Feds have ever done anything helpful on the show. The only time we've seen them arresting anyone is when they go after members of Team Arrow.

3 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Like, why? What's not sure about it? If anything, they have framework to reconcile to an extent right there except for Dinah.

This person doesn't seem to be the best at paying attention so he/she maybe just missed the resolution or lack thereof.

• Love 1

OG Team Arrow has spent the last 5 months (not sure here its just that Dinah said something along the lines of 'i've not been BC for 5 months now' later in the episode) trying to locate Cayden

Something tells me this is 5 weeks, not months.

Rene asks Curtis that, since the FBI's evidence against him is digitally uploaded, maybe they could delete/corrupt it so that Rene could recant his statement.

.... Really? Rene thinks this would actually work? And what, the FBI would just go, "oh, okay, never mind"?

Thea thinks BS have some good in her.

Ugh, can we not do this? Then again, I guess Thea was unconscious when BS told her she'd put her back in a coma.

• Love 1

If any of this is true then I call BS on Oliver losing to Vigilsnte on hand to hand combat, sorry I am not buying what they are trying to sell.

An d I second the stupidity that is named Rene re: delete/corrupt the evidence because that does not look suspicious. 

• Love 1

Yeah I am confused about them not wanting to return also....esp since Dinah now knows she was wrong about Vince and Rene seems to want to fix his little mess. So why do they get on a high horse and decide against it. 

But in this case, Oliver seems determined more than ever to do it alone so I am on his team. They better beg to come back.

• Love 1

They'll either have newbies acting like they don't need OTA, which will possibly bite them in the ass at some point. OR they'll frame the newbies not wanting to return because of something Oliver says/does, which wouldn't surprise me. 

I do like that Rene seems to be feeling guilty and is trying to correct it. A little too late but it's something. 

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Oliver escapes. They didn't catch Oliver since Cayden says its not part of their design/plan

Sigh... I hate this... Instead of Oliver making a really cool and badass escape... He is able to escape cuz the Bad guy lets him.

Why? Why can't it be a real escape and why can't Oliver be a real thorn in the villain side instead of "part of their plan"

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

Okay, point, but why do they have to downgrade OTA's skills to make the newbies relevant or seem needed?

Don't they always do that though? Remember the season in which Oliver was not as capable as the seasons before only to make Laurel's BC not look so out of place? It could be that I am remembering it wrong but I think it was S4.

Also, I will never understand why they assume E2 Laurel is their Laurel. If they'd argued she is a version of Laurel and maybe this version doesn't have to be evil, ok then. But they are truly going for 'she is our Laurel.'

Also, I don't know why but I have come to really dislike Curtis. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 1
Just now, Belinea said:

Don't they always do that though? Remember the season in which Oliver was not as capable as the seasons before only to make Laurel's BC not look so out of place? It could be that I am remembering it wrong but I think it was S4.

Yep. They also "killed" Oliver off so she had a reason to suit up as BC. Basically they keep doing it and I'm tired. 

Just realized - so Rene's not going to have a job anymore. And if he was fired, I doubt it'll be so easy for him to get another job. But he's going to have to show he can provide for his daughter, right? Because I doubt "well, I made a deal with the FBI to get my daughter back, so there" will go over well with child services.  

I should probably file that under "things that won't be addressed," like how the newbies plan to fund their team. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DeadZeus said:

Sigh... I hate this... Instead of Oliver making a really cool and badass escape... He is able to escape cuz the Bad guy lets him.

Why? Why can't it be a real escape and why can't Oliver be a real thorn in the villain side instead of "part of their plan"

Remember when he got out of Malcolm's clutches in s1 by climbing up that chain, breaking it, falling to the floor on his back, using said chain to kill Malcolm's minions? Good times. I miss those days.

• Love 11

Just... no:

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/arrow-midseason-premiere-echo-kellum-mr-terrific-1202668322/

How do you think fans will feel about who to root for — the OG Team Arrow or this new team?

I think that the material we’re doing, the storylines we’re doing, we will have a pull for people pulling for New Team Arrow. I’m hopeful that our team can pick up some type of following. I’m sure fans will be torn, but it should make for good TV.

I am never going to be Team Newbies. Ever.

• Love 23

*sigh* can we put all three of them in a van and have it explode? 

I've said it before but I'll say it again, replacing Thea, Roy, and Laurel with these obnoxious characters was a mistake. I may have not cared for Roy or Laurel, but at least this storyline would make some sense with them, and there would be some part of me invested in the outcome. 

FYI: I'm a Latina and IDGAF that two of them are latin actors. I like my rep to be well written. Adding this since I've been called racist on twitter for not liking wild dong.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I think that the material we’re doing, the storylines we’re doing, we will have a pull for people pulling for New Team Arrow. I’m hopeful that our team can pick up some type of following. I’m sure fans will be torn, but it should make for good TV.

Hahahahahhaahaha. LOL NO. Civil War only works when you care about both sides and understand where they are coming from. I was Team Cap, but I totally understood Team Tony. It doesn't work when NTA has/is betraying OTA or when you don't give a fork if NTA disappeared from the show. 

I can't even give this a nice try. No points! This is just dumb to equate the two sides. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Just realized - so Rene's not going to have a job anymore. And if he was fired, I doubt it'll be so easy for him to get another job. But he's going to have to show he can provide for his daughter, right? Because I doubt "well, I made a deal with the FBI to get my daughter back, so there" will go over well with child services.  

I should probably file that under "things that won't be addressed," like how the newbies plan to fund their team. 

Yep, I was wondering about that as well. But hail to Quentin for firing him. Now, who can fire Dinah?

• Love 3

How do you think fans will feel about who to root for — the OG Team Arrow or this new team?

giphy.gif

Edited by Guest

If they wanted us to be torn between OAT  and NAT, they shouldn't have had Dinah lying and keeping secrets,  Curtis being prissy, and Rene betraying Oliver.

The writing room has a serious with not understanding equivalents such as thinking  that Felicity and Oliver were equally wrong in their break up.

3 hours ago, Belinea said:

I  will never understand why they assume E2 Laurel is their Laurel. If they'd argued she is a version of Laurel and maybe this version doesn't have to be evil, ok then. But they are truly going for 'she is our Laurel.'

I think that the only way to save that  is to have Lance and Thea fall down that rabbit hole only to be severely burned in the end.

Having them be right is bad storytelling

3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I think that the only way to save that  is to have Lance and Thea fall down that rabbit hole only to be severely burned in the end.

Especially when we just had Oliver bluntly saying during the crossover that evil Tommy was not Tommy. Someone needs to smack some sense into Lance and Thea.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I think they will be and I'm wondering if that's the catalyst that leads Thea to leave with Roy.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 3

He is such a non-entity that I don't even remember that.

Camden James and Anatoli are the true villains of the team and Black Siren is notable for her powers and her glee in killing. But the others are just filling in the ranks.

• Love 5

This has potential. CJ really does seem to be doing something new, and they put known characters in danger. Not just William, but Pike and the unofficial team doctor as well. I hope they all pull through. That kid behind William looks like a little shit, doesn't he? 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

6x13 episode summary

*yawns* sounds like the last three episode descriptions 

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 1.05.05 PM.png

I hope this doesn't mean he begs the newbies for help because they can GTFO with that crap. Fingers crossed he turns to Roy for help instead. And Thea.

That press release makes no sense. He DID go to the newbs to ask for help. They said NO. Stop making it seem like Oliver's pushing THEM away. I don't want the next four episodes being about OTA asking for NTA to please help them beat the Big Baddies, as if they are actually the only ones that can help. NTA ain't no Obi Wan. 

• Love 10

Every episode description just makes me want to see the newbies beg on their knees to be let back on the team when this is all over. And for OTA to go, "Hmm, we're going to have to think about that" and make them sweat. 

Isn't 613 possibly ME's last episode or close to it? Really not looking forward to Dragon possibly taking over as leader of the villains because they're doing such an awful job at making him seem like anything more than some random thug who just happens to have a name. I think that's a problem with this team of villains - ME obviously stands out as Cayden, BS is going around wanting to kill everyone and is E2 LL, Vigilante got some material in 610, we already know Anatoly and Dragon is ... just there? 

• Love 2

I hope they expound on why CJ is targeting TA. Have I missed that? Is there anything more than whatever went on with his son? If he leaves soon as Dick Dragon takes over, it will be another in a long line of wasted actors on Arrow. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

C&P change dates and titles bam job done for the week ??

She only spends 5 minutes a week on Arrow and 4 of those minutes are spent thinking of ways to shoehorn KC/BS into the promo. 

• Love 11
48 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I hope this doesn't mean he begs the newbies for help because they can GTFO with that crap. Fingers crossed he turns to Roy for help instead. And Thea.

At least we know for sure that the newbies still aren't going to be back by 615

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Maybe he found out Oliver secretly replaced all the coffee at City Hall with Folger's Crystals. 

Haha, I was thinking that either CJ knows that Oliver helped Slade who did try to destroy Star City or that he helped Merlyn who also tried to destroy Star City? Or Oliver's shady Russian connections, how topical. 

I feel like the show wants us to forget these things though. 

Edited by leopardprint
1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

Haha, I was thinking that either CJ knows that Oliver helped Slade who did try to destroy Star City or that he helped Merlyn who also tried to destroy Star City? Or Oliver's shady Russian connections, how topical. 

I feel like the show wants us to forget these things though. 

If they want us to forget them, they should probably stop bringing them up. 

Bringing over from the 6x10 thread:

4 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Do TPTB think they can convince the audience to embrace the noobs?

Especially with Thea back and the reminder of her being Speedy and the mention of Roy in 609 and him returning in 615. I don't get making the newbies so unlikeable and having one of them betray Oliver around the time they're reminding us of former team members who could be trusted and bringing back a guy who gave up pretty much everything for Oliver. 

Roy is back in 615. Nothing I'm seeing in promos or reading in (even these awfully generic) episode descriptions is telling me that I'm going to stop hating the newbies by 613. I doubt anything will change my mind two episodes later. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I hope it means that we find out that Oliver Queen has been in love with both Diggle and Felicity and they have been in a polyamorous relationship all along with Lyla included.

Like there is literally no other secret Oliver could have that would cause him to "go over the edge".