Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

29 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Well, it is Flash Felicity.

Isn't that the truth. (Cringing forever over All-Star Teamup.)  I was going to watch this episode, but I'm having second thoughts. Maybe I'll wait to see what people think.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

The whole scene goes like this:

Iris: "We're strong women"
Cecile: "Hashtag feminism"
*puts her hand in*
Iris: "Hashtag feminism"
*puts her hand in*
Felicity: "Hashtag feminsim"
*puts her hand in*

It's pretty lame imo

That's ... yeah. I expected better. (But maybe I shouldn't have?)

4 minutes ago, tv echo said:

If the ratings go down, they'll blame Olicity. If the ratings go up, they'll credit Black Siren. If ratings stay the same, they'll say that they would've gone up if not for Olicity. Same old, same old.

Exactly. 

I'm already expecting them to blame Olicity for 607's ratings and ignore the fact that it's going to be Thanksgiving and really, Arrow should be happy with whatever they get that night. 

• Love 4

When it comes to these statements, it's an Arrowverse problem. They did it with Laurel in 4x01 - "Wow you're really strong." They do it all the time with Dinah - her entire intro, the spin, pose "Didn't anyone tell you shouldn't lay a hand on a woman without permission (or something like that)." They stamp it STRONG FEMALE CHARACTER.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

When it comes to these statements, it's an Arrowverse problem. They did it with Laurel in 4x01 - "Wow you're really strong." They do it all the time with Dinah - her entire intro, the spin, pose "Didn't anyone tell you shouldn't lay a hand on a woman without permission (or something like that)." They stamp it STRONG FEMALE CHARACTER.

"STRONG FEMALE CHARACTER" might as well pop on screen 60s Batman style every time Dinah appears.

OMG that line made no sense in context. Also nicely juxtaposes with Rene's new "Surprise, bitch" catchphrase. 

Edited by leopardprint

I'm taking David Ramsey's comments in this interview as pretty close to official confirmation that ME is Cayden James: http://tvline.com/2017/11/01/arrow-season-6-david-ramsey-preview-diggle-ricardo-diaz-cayden-james/

TVLINE | And what is Black Siren up to this week?
It’s all on Cayden James, man! It’s [Helix boss] Cayden James and Black Siren this week. You get to find out, “Who is Cayden James?” Mmm-hmmm. So that’s happening. And also, Felicity feels as if she can handle Cayden James and this revelation without the team, so there’s a moment for her by the end of this that’s helped by Oliver. Again, you have Oliver playing this position of almost Diggle, to the whole team, in a lot of ways for the next several episodes. It’s a much more mature Oliver — not just with what he’s doing with his son, but giving Felicity the key last week…. And that extends further this week as he helps her realize she needs the team to handle the Cayden James revelation.

Also, I gotta love that the question is "What's going on with Black Siren" and DR's answer is "Cayden James! Felicity! Oliver and Felicity!" Because really, who wouldn't be excited about ME and want to just talk about him? 

(Also, please don't disappoint me, Arrow, with how you use Michael Emerson. I'm expecting big things.)

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I'm taking David Ramsey's comments in this interview as pretty close to official confirmation that ME is Cayden James: http://tvline.com/2017/11/01/arrow-season-6-david-ramsey-preview-diggle-ricardo-diaz-cayden-james/

Also, I gotta love that the question is "What's going on with Black Siren" and DR's answer is "Cayden James! Felicity! Oliver and Felicity!" Because really, who wouldn't be excited about ME and want to just talk about him? 

(Also, please don't disappoint me, Arrow, with how you use Michael Emerson. I'm expecting big things.)

I could be wrong but, I think this is a Felicity centric episode and that's why his answer is all about Felicity and Helix and Cayden James. I don't think KC or BS will have as large of a role as the promo leads you to believe.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, leopardprint said:

OMG that line made no sense in context. Also nicely juxtaposes with Rene's new "Surprise, bitch" catchphrase. 

I was legit shocked that they let that stand in the episode.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I could be wrong but, I think this is a Felicity centric episode and that's why his answer is all about Felicity and Helix and Cayden James. I don't think KC or BS will have as large of a role as the promo leads you to believe.

Ah - this reminds me of 510 :p I love it!

• Love 1

I can't wait for the next ep!!! I want to know why Oliver is sitting on the floor looking all distraught while Felicity seems cheerful.

The last time he looked like that she ran in front of his gun and he carried on about it! So cute! 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I want to know why Oliver is sitting on the floor looking all distraught while Felicity seems cheerful.

Ha, probably because he'll be staying behind running comms while Felicity goes into the field since she's wearing the same outfit in the other pictures.

Dang, now that it's confirmed, I'm mega excited for Oliver, Diggle, Felicity vs. Anatoly, Richard Dragon, and Cayden James..

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Ha, probably because he'll be staying behind running comms while Felicity goes into the field since she's wearing the same outfit in the other pictures.

Dang, now that it's confirmed, I'm mega excited for Oliver, Diggle, Felicity vs. Anatoly, Richard Dragon, and Cayden James..

If only they didn't put BS in this episode - then it would've been perfect

Edited by WindofChange
  • Love 8

DR also indicated that Ricardo Diaz is connected to Diggle, which makes WM's previous comment about Oliver confusing..

TVLINE | What sort of threat will the Ricardo Diaz character (played by Kirk Acevedo) present when he shows up in a few weeks?
Hmmm…. I almost said something that would give it away but… Ricardo Diaz ends up being someone very important to Diggle specifically. His thread plays out on a relationship with Diggle particularly.

TVLINE | Ricardo is described as “an ex-con who is set on taking control of Star City’s criminal underworld.” How will he differ from Season 5’s Tobias Church? Was Tobias more of a thug?
He was a street-level thug. There is a street element to Ricardo, but Ricardo is much bigger than Tobias Church, his tentacles are much longer. Tobias Church was really street-level.

Edited by tv echo
Just now, tv echo said:

DR also indicated that Ricardo Diaz is connected to Diggle, which makes WM's previous comment about Oliver confusing..

WM I think was also the one to say that ME's character would cause trouble for Oliver and then mentioned Felicity as well, so I think that she was just trying to connect the villains to Oliver without spoiling that they were actually villains for Diggle and Felicity.

• Love 2

Richard Dragon and Cayden James seem to be the biggest threats this season, so it seems odd that at least one of them isn't Oliver's direct nemesis.

So Oliver/Mayor Queen's foe is Samanda Watson, an FBI agent just trying to do her job, and Oliver/Green Arrow's foe is Anatoly, a long-standing frenemy who he's never going to kill?

11 hours ago, WindofChange said:

If only they didn't put BS in this episode - then it would've been perfect

I'm actually kinda glad that BS is in this episode because if ratings are low due to people being out in the theaters watching Thor: Ragnorak (and/or other factors), then no one can (reasonably) blame it all on Olicity.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, tv echo said:

So Oliver Queen's foe is Samanda Watson, an FBI agent just trying to do her job, and Oliver Green Arrow's foe is Anatoly, a long-standing frenemy who he's never going to kill?

Well, an FBI agent who at this point might arrest pretty much all of the main characters and a former mob boss who murders people in the city but yeah. And don't forget Oliver's biggest foe of all this year: *dramatic pause* Fatherhood.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, tv echo said:

I'm actually kinda glad that BS is in this episode because if ratings are low due to people being out in the theaters watching Thor: Ragnorak (and/or other factors), then no one can (reasonably) blame it all on Olicity.

Oh, but they will. :)

28 minutes ago, tv echo said:

(reasonably)  being the operative word here, they dont operate on reason so of course they will.

• Love 1

I noticed that the 603 opening credits did not include Jack Moore - not among the regular cast members and not among the guest stars.  So I went back and checked the 602 opening credits. Nope, he's not in those opening credits either. He's in the closing credits.

So what does that mean, contract-wise? Does it mean that he's in less than 14 episodes this season?

It can't be because he's a child. IIRC, Chandler Riggs has always been among the opening credits for The Walking Dead.

8 minutes ago, tv echo said:

So what does that mean, contract-wise? Does it mean that he's in less than 14 episodes this season?

It can't be because he's a child. IIRC, Chandler Riggs has always been among the opening credits for The Walking Dead.

Only thing I could find on the subject

http://tophollywoodactingcoach.com/2014/01/billing-opening-credits-end-credits/

Names of co-stars (or day-players— who work just for the day) are usually seen in the end credits.

It's possible that with his age and the fact that he doesn't have a large role, he films all his scenes in 1 day?

• Love 1

That seems likely since SA mentioned he did a whole day of shooting with him for the premiere. It could also have been SA's first day back filming, but I'm not too sure of that part.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

sneak peek with Felicity and Alena after Felicity asks Oliver to come by for dessert :') I love it

I kinda love that he has to ask if she's being intentionally suggestive, because unintentional innuendo is kind of her thing. (Also, that dress looks way better on video than it did in the stills.)

It's interesting that the promos are so BS heavy, but all the press/interviews surround DR and EBR. I'm so in for this ep!

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Trisha said:

It's interesting that the promos are so BS heavy, but all the press/interviews surround DR and EBR. I'm so in for this ep!

Well, the BS scenes are action, so it makes sense. 

Plus, they're still being all, "Who could Michael Emerson be playing? It's a mystery! Never mind that we're talking about introducing Cayden James in ME's first episode and everything we're saying about ME's mystery character is basically Cayden James." I really hope that we don't get an interview after with MG or WM going, "Wasn't it a nice surprise when we revealed ME is Cayden James?" because no, it won't be a surprise at all. 

• Love 6

I love her whole look and I love the hair here. Is that superficial? Probably. I don't care.... 

Maybe Alena will tell us how she is connected to him. I can't remember at the top of my head but did she have a last name? 

• Love 1

I know the haters are gonna, um, hate it, LMAO, but I'm loving the reversal of Oliver on comms. I think it's an interesting and fun one-off. I also like how it's a way of strengthening Olicity, too, by giving them a glimpse into what each other do and bring to the team.

I want this episode NOW. 

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I know the haters are gonna, um, hate it, LMAO, but I'm loving the reversal of Oliver on comms. I think it's an interesting and fun one-off. I also like how it's a way of strengthening Olicity, too, by giving them a glimpse into what each other do and bring to the team.

I want this episode NOW. 

Would you say they are the Golden Standard?

• Love 16

Ok, I was excited for this ep when EBR said this was on her faves to EW... but now I can't wait for this episode!

My gut tells me that Alena is playing her, but I really wanna be wrong because I really like her. lol

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 1

I'm not sure about Alena. She idolized Cayden last season but she also seemed to believe he was a guy breaking the law for the right reasons. If she got a reality check that smashed that illusion maybe she would turn on him. Tho I don't believe he actually hit her, like literally. Maybe ordered someone to do it.  

• Love 5

Even from that brief clip, I'm so proud of Oliver. He's being communicative and wants to be there for Felicity the same way she's been there for him. I feel like our broody, withholding baby has grown up. I love it!

• Love 23

I couldn't help but roll my eyes watching that second sneak peek. And it doesn't even necessarily have anything to do with BS or what I think of the character or the acting. It's just such a stupid scene and so predictable (here or in any procedural drama in which I'm sure I've seen something similar multiple times) and about a minute longer than we needed to see this guy before he ends up dead. 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 5