Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Well, we all knew they'd push Curtis into the Felicity's company storyline. It probably won't even be her company. *Hulk Smash keyboard*

Seriously, if they have time to set-up Curtis' storyline, they have time to set up Felicity's. WTF.

Also, I still hate how they've taken away the invention side of things from Felicity's skillset and given it to Curtis. If they want me to hate him, good job. 

Felicity and Dig are/have been both tasked with selling the newbies to the audience. Dig had Wild Dog last year before they passed him over to Lance, now he's got Dinah. And this set up is actually very similar to Felicity and Rory last year. Only Rory came off as supportive and thus endearing to the viewers who like Felicity (plus was being played by a better actor IMO), whereas Dinah is coming off as confrontational and flirty, and therefore annoying to Dig/Dyla fans. The bones are exactly the same though. Dig (Felicity) is struggling and hiding a secret from the team, which his oldest and closest friends don't see or approach because of STORY, but Dinah (Rory) catches the warning signs.

Felicity in turn will obviously get custody of Curtis back.

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Felicity and Dig are/have been both tasked with selling the newbies to the audience. Dig had Wild Dog last year before they passed him over to Lance, now he's got Dinah. And this set up is actually very similar to Felicity and Rory last year. Only Rory came off as supportive and thus endearing to the viewers who like Felicity (plus was being played by a better actor IMO), whereas Dinah is coming off as confrontational and flirty, and therefore annoying to Dig/Dyla fans. The bones are exactly the same though. Dig (Felicity) is struggling and hiding a secret from the team, which his oldest and closest friends don't see or approach because of STORY, but Dinah (Rory) catches the warning signs.

Taking to bitterness thread.

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

Well, we all knew they'd push Curtis into the Felicity's company storyline. It probably won't even be her company. *Hulk Smash keyboard*

Seriously, if they have time to set-up Curtis' storyline, they have time to set up Felicity's. WTF.

I wouldn't be surprised if the show does set up Felicity's storyline.  It's Hector Navarro -- anyone who does come from the comics and wear a superhero costume doesn't exist for him

• Love 1

Didn't Echo namedrop Bruce Wayne/Wayne Enterprises at a con this summer?  I wonder if that's our mystery name.  If so, it's possible that the new tech company (that he owns with Felicity?) will be Cyberwear, just like in the comics.  Yay?

I know Emily has always been a delight, but she and Stephen seem to genuinely be friends.  I think that may be why she warms him up on screen because he doesn't warm up for everybody.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

Didn't Echo namedrop Bruce Wayne/Wayne Enterprises at a con this summer?  I wonder if that's our mystery name.  If so, it's possible that the new tech company (that he owns with Felicity?) will be Cyberwear, just like in the comics.  Yay?

Isn't that just Curtis' company though? Sorry but I don't want Felicity's company to be something that was originally Curtis' in the comics. We'll never hear the end of her haters claiming that she stole what was rightfully his. Ugh. Please no.

Just now, Angel12d said:

Isn't that just Curtis' company though? Sorry but I don't want Felicity's company to be something that was originally Curtis' in the comics. We'll never hear the end of her haters claiming that she stole what was rightfully his. Ugh. Please no.

If they used cyberwear, I'd think that they'd make Felicity and Curtis partners.  Not that I'd like it. 

1 minute ago, thegirlsleuth said:

If they used cyberwear, I'd think that they'd make Felicity and Curtis partners.  Not that I'd like it. 

It wont be pretty if they make it a joint venture when they teased the storyline for Felicty for 2 seasons. 

• Love 11

Yeah I'll be pissed if it's joint.I don't mind Curtis helping but that's supposed to be Felicity's storyline.Its been teased since season 3,before Curtis even showed up or was a regular.I would seriously hate it if they made it his storyline too so he has something to do this season.Especially because they showed they have no idea how to make their areas of expertise look different.Curtis just takes over stuff Felicity used to do and she's suddenly not allowed to do things she used to be able to.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

Not to be dramatic or anything, haha, but I will RIOT if that's what they do. First they take away from her skillset to prop Curtis. Then they make her share a company/CEO storyline but have it be all about Curtis because comics?

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

I'm way less optimistic than you guys, I would be surprised if it didn't happen this way. Especially if they are so afraid of anything S4, (except William) 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

I know Emily has always been a delight, but she and Stephen seem to genuinely be friends.  I think that may be why she warms him up on screen because he doesn't warm up for everybody.

Yeah honestly Bruce Wayne/Wayne industries was my guess when I read that spoiler. 

Yep Emily and Stephen are definitely closer friends then they probably are with the rest of the cast. They seem to share the same social friend group. 

My first thought about Curtis having a secret Tech job, was why would he have to keep it secret? What if he went back to Palmer? I can see him not wanting to tell FS he went back to the comp that removed her as CEO. 

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, tv echo said:

Still looks like nothing about  content though.Felicity in 602.

Hard to really tell.  She regularly is not in the promos since they look for ACTION! shots so often.  Doesn't have to be reflective of her content.

Given we have only seen one episode so far and up till this point the producers/network didn't want to openly disclose if Felicity is even alive, I'm going to reserve judgment on Felicity's storyline or lack there of until we have something actually concrete to go off.

To be honest the fact that Felicity is directly tied to the big bad of the season (Cayden James) and is in some ways directly responsible for his freedom to cause mayhem is a far more interesting story development for Felicity's character to me personally then Felicity creating a company which is probably going to be a c plot/sub plot anyway.  

• Love 4

Super out there theory. But given that it's DC All Access and maybe they prefer to stick to mask character teases, maybe Felicity is starting up the company and the secret job Curtis has is working for her. She doesn't want to mention it yet so Curtis tries to keep it on the down low.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Chaser said:

Super out there theory. But given that it's DC All Access and maybe they prefer to stick to mask character teases, maybe Felicity is starting up the company and the secret job Curtis has is working for her. She doesn't want to mention it yet so Curtis tries to keep it on the down low.

That's pretty much my assumption until proven differently.  I mean, it's possible that the reason they can't name Felicity's company Smaok Tech is that it's not her company but MG and WM would have to be bigger fools then I could have ever imagined to talk about finally doing that storyline in interviews while knowing they weren't actually following through.  Even they can't be THAT clueless.  

But partners is what I have been assuming all along.  Just Felicity will be the partner actually in charge.  :D

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Chaser said:

Out there? That was my first (and only) thought.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Soulfire said:

I hope he's talking about Cayden James, but I suppose he could also be referring to his character on Person of Interest. Still, I'll be shocked if he's not Cayden.

4 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I take everything this guy says with a huge grain of salt, but this is nice if true:

It'd be a miracle! 

Edited by Guest
51 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

If that turns out to be correct then this person should first apply for a writer‘s job and 2. tell SA that he needs to be more creative to compete. 

• Love 1

I don't know how I feel about this hype before the episode because now I'm probably going to have high expectations (even if I try not to) and I don't think I've necessarily been that impressed with an episode after being told I will be.

It's kind of like how MG and WM are going, "you're going to be surprised by the Vigilante reveal!" I really doubt I will be.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Is it just me or is the press super hyped about this episode? Maybe that's why they sent out screeners...

I think they knew episode 1 was going to be a dud because of what it was focused on and sent episode 2 instead. It does seem more focused on OTA from what one of the journos said so hopefully it' sgood!

• Love 3