Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

My first thought was that he kept her survival a secret. He found her, saved her whatever, told her to get lost and told everyone else she was dead. Then 5 months later Surprise! She's alive and evil.

• Love 8

You mean Lance is alive?! I am shocked, truly shocked. 

1 minute ago, Chaser said:

My first thought was that he kept her survival a secret. He found her, saved her whatever, told her to get lost and told everyone else she was dead. Then 5 months later Surprise! She's alive and evil.

Yeah, that was my first thought, too. Other than that I can't think what it might be. 

10 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Idk if he saved her necessarily, because of that whole helicopter guy who walks to her on the island, but I'm also going with he found out she was alive first.

Oliver's Son Will Play a Major Role

When last season came to a close, one of the only people Oliver knew was safe was his son William (Jack Moore). As the boy sat with him on a boat watching the island go up in flames, it's unknown whether or not his mom survived the attack. Whatever the case, this will be the year Oliver finally steps up as a father.

"One of the things we're exciting about exploring this year is his relationship with his son," Mericle says. "We leave the finale last season knowing that it's him and his son watching the island go up and seeing that horrible explosion and, like the audience, not knowing who lives and who dies. That is something that's very much at the forefront of Oliver's mind, his son and how's he going to protect his son from the fallout of what happened on the island. And going forward, the general fallout of his being the Green Arrow and how [William] knows that now."

For Mericle, William having that knowledge opens up a number of possibilities for the series. "We've never seen a superhero try to be a parent and the complications that ensue as a result of that," she says.

More importantly than his dad being a superhero though, William will have to come to terms with the events of Lian Yu -- including Chase killing himself. "He's completely traumatized as any 12-year-old boy would be having witnessed what he's seen," Mericle admits. "In the first nine-to-ten episodes this season, we're going to be exploring what is the fallout of that. And like what Oliver went through in Season 1, it's PTSD. We're not going to call it that or go into the psychological details so much but we're definitely exploring how this kid has been traumatized and, in some ways, Oliver is responsible for that."

New Big Bad May Have a Team Arrow Connection

The main villain for the new season is Ricardo Diaz (Kirk Acevedo), who is known as Richard Dragon in the comics. Unlike many past Arrow baddies, Diaz has no superpowers and no overt connections to Oliver himself.

"The cool thing about the villain this season is we wanted to make him a different sort of villain than we'd seen before," Mericle says. "We got Adrian Chase last season and I think collectively, at least on the writing staff, that's tough to top. He was such a great villain and such a great presence. This season we wanted to do something a little bit different."

That something different is a Star City crime boss that is also a master of hand-to-hand combat. And while he may not have a connection to Oliver, as Mericle tells it, "that doesn't mean there isn't a connection in there somewhere between him and maybe some other people on the team."

That possibility gives an idea of how important the team will be in the upcoming season, as the focus of the series opens up beyond being centered entirely on Oliver.

"We feel that Oliver's chapter in the first five seasons has been closed. We have the opportunities to tell stories about some other people from the team -- those that survive," Mericle explains. "We're going to use that to our advantage and take that opportunity to explore some other villains and some other relationships that we didn't have the opportunity or real estate to deal with previously."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/09/arrow-6-major-season-6-teases

This maybe already answered .... I don’t know.... but I read somewhere that the xover event is West/Allen wedding but will actually focus more on Olicity. 

Anyone get the feeling we might get a bait and switch wedding or a double wedding? As a long time Olicity fan I’m gonna be pissed if that’s how Olicity gets married after all the buildup.

3 minutes ago, LadyChaos said:

This maybe already answered .... I don’t know.... but I read somewhere that the xover event is West/Allen wedding but will actually focus more on Olicity. 

Anyone get the feeling we might get a bait and switch wedding or a double wedding? As a long time Olicity fan I’m gonna be pissed if that’s how Olicity gets married after all the buildup.

The paps spoiled what's going to happen..if you want to know 

Spoiler

Everyone gets together for Barry and Iris' wedding, it gets interrupted and towards the end of the crossover both couples get married.

3 minutes ago, LadyChaos said:

WA's wedding is what is being advertised because thats what they all gather for in the first part of the crossover. But that wedding gets interrupted by the Evil Earth X villains and the heroes have to then fight them. When the world is saved, someone dies, there is a funeral and then a double wedding. Diggle officiates WA's wedding and Olicity. Arrow EP's said that the crossover is also about oliver discovering about true love so its being predicted that this is why oliver and felicity also get to tie the knot. I am OK with it as long as they're married and the cherry on top being that Diggle officiates.

• Love 1

Oliver's Son Will Play a Major Role

giphy.gif

I hope this is just WM being WM and she's exaggerating as usual. I mean, I know it's Oliver's kid and they need to deal with the fallout and everything but I also think the kid actor isn't very good so I'm wary of him playing such a huge role tbh. ?

4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

So Roy comes back early in the season to give Thea food for thought, and then returns at the end, or doesn't return and Thea leaves to be with him?

There have been indications of Roy coming back. One of them being SA suddenly, after a lifetime it would seem, singling out Arsenal as his favorite sidekick, because Thea will always be his family regardless of Speedy. It seemed loaded to me.

ETA: As for Lance's secret, maybe BS saved him and he did her a solid by not telling the team she survived?

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Velocity23 said:

"In the first nine-to-ten episodes this season, we're going to be exploring what is the fallout of that. And like what Oliver went through in Season 1, it's PTSD. We're not going to call it that or go into the psychological details so much but we're definitely exploring how this kid has been traumatized and, in some ways, Oliver is responsible for that."

IMG_3821.GIF.e14ef13b4a50c28137431044d7f895e2.GIF

• Love 13

It is kinda messed up how William's PTSD will be explored for half a season but Felicity didn't get anything. Oh, no wait. I think it was covered in that one scene that one time, maybe? ?

Again, I feel like this is just WM hyping stuff up and it'll amount to not much at all. Also, I hope that's what it is because no.

1 hour ago, bijoux said:

There have been indications of Roy coming back. One of them being SA suddenly, after a lifetime it would seem, singling out Arsenal as his favorite sidekick, because Thea will always be his family regardless of Speedy. It seemed loaded to me.

I like Roy but do we really need another guy on the team? 

14 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

It is kinda messed up how William's PTSD will be explored for half a season but Felicity didn't get anything. Oh, no wait. I think it was covered in that one scene that one time, maybe? ?

Again, I feel like this is just WM hyping stuff up and it'll amount to not much at all. Also, I hope that's what it is because no.

I like Roy but do we really need another guy on the team? 

Colton is not coming back full time. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I'm curious- with the season premiere this week, has anyone asked the mods whether there will be a season six live posting thread?

Lemontomato confirmed with the mods that there will be a live posting thread. :D

• Love 4

Because I still can't wrap my head around it:  Who decided that it is a good thing to tell the audience BC and BC survived but the rest of the characters  are still MIA? (Rhetorical question) 'They might be dead'...' No, really'...'But BS survived'....'What do you mean 'who cares''....' She and BC and William are all we can talk about'....'Hello, hello?'

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 4

From the TVGuide interview linked in the Spoilers Only Thread:

Can you say whether we should consider that finale kiss between Oliver and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) a launch point for the rekindling of their romance if she does survive the island?

Mericle: I can say depending on the outcome of who dies and who doesn't, yes. That kiss was significant. I can't tell you much more than that, but we specifically wrote that in there as either a tragic ending or a really great beginning.

Gee, I wonder which one it was. 

• Love 10

On the one hand, MICHAEL EMERSON! 

On the other hand, no more promos for Arrow until after 601 please. Especially if the promos are going to pretend that the cliffhanger and other characters don't even exist. 

But hey, at least we didn't have to watch the "bad man" clip again! (Yet. I'm still expecting it to be the sneak peek released.) 

• Love 6

I mean they couldn't wait until Thursday to release this promo and include everyone in it. The network is really trying me. There better be a good payoff for not including my favs.

I think I liked the trailer and getting a glimpse of what is to come...Alena is back and ME was in it. The slade stuff looks cool.

And who is BS kissing with the horrible wig

Better than the previous trailers but still pretty lame and boring.Legit they didn't even try to hype who died,they just excluded a few characters and are acting like they don't exist,that's so beyond dumb.

KC's acting is so awful and over exaggerated lol.And yeah Stephen seemed kinda off but it might be just my hate for any scene including that kid and there were way too many.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Was it my impression or Stephen's acting wasn't that good? :/ I remembered him being better than that.

Yeah, I mean they are short clips so not the most fair way to assess but he and JH were really not good. I think the press conferences/speeches just don't play to his strengths. 

Too many sons. 

BS found a man that is not Oliver. Good for her. 

At least Oliver's apartment looks better than I thought it would. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1

For me the bad acting wasn't really SA. It was KC (in that scene with JH) and the kid. ?

It was a better trailer but I just don't like the fact that they're not even teasing the who lived/who died. They're just acting like anyone who isn't Oliver, BS and BC never existed. It's just a weird way to promote that cliffhanger, IMO. Broken record, I know. Haha.

Edited by Guest
7 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

For me the bad acting wasn't really SA. It was KC (in that scene with JH) and the kid. ?

It was a better trailer but I just don't like the fact that they're not even teasing the who lived/who died. They're just acting like anyone who isn't Oliver, BS and BC never existed. It's just a weird way to promote that cliffhanger, IMO.

It's super weird, why even have an everyone dies cliffhanger just to mostly ignore it? At least have Oliver gazing forlornly at Diggle's helmet or telling Myson stories about Starling City's heroes.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I guess that these are the stories that the EPs are most excited about right now. 

These promos make it seem like everyone died except Dinah and Oliver is like "Whelp, time to make Myson eggs." 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I guess they mostly ignore it in the episode too and don't have that kind of footage? Like most of the episode is set in present time so it's what we are seeing in the trailers, FBs about the island and in the end the "dead" characters show up.

I don't think they even needed new footage, just some narration. They could have an Oliver V.O. explaining who TA is to Myson and show very brief clips from 523 and just play up the mystery of it all. I do think that the "dead" characters are not going to play big parts in the premiere. 

I've concluded they just wanted a scene of the island blowing up and the possible death of everyone was just a secondary consideration. 

• Love 1

So let's speculate how they will show Felicity and Diggle in present day scenes. We probably only get the emotional(sans kissing) reunion in the flashback and then felicity showing up in the arrow cave towards the end or something. I reckon it'll be the last 3 mins.

I think they'll show who survived throughout the episode. But they'll draw out Felicity and Diggle's fate until near the end tbh. Not sure how they'll handle Thea though.

Edited by Guest
Just now, leopardprint said:

I don't think they even needed new footage, just some narration. They could have an Oliver V.O. explaining who TA is to Myson and show very brief clips from 523 and just play up the mystery of it all. I do think that the "dead" characters are not going to play big parts in the premiere. 

I've concluded they just wanted a scene of the island blowing up and the possible death of everyone was just a secondary consideration. 

But if the episode is set in October and Myson met the team back in May I don't see them doing a scene like that because it wouldn't reflect the content of the episode. It's just speculation on my part but I can't explain the promos in a different way than saying the direct aftermath of the explosion happened months before the premiere so they are dealing with the long term effect and the cliffhanger isn't so much the focus because for the characters we saw right away that are alive it happened a while ago. We always miss a lot during the summer..

Yeah, I'm expecting that Felicity and Diggle will either be the last ones shown or close to it. And then maybe one of the final present day scenes will clue us in on what's going on with Diggle. And I'm only expecting a line of dialogue or something about Oliver and Felicity's relationships in the present. They'll be highlighting Oliver's relationship with William in present-day scenes. 

Oh, and there will probably be some line early on that suggests either Felicity or Diggle is dead before they're both shown to be alive. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

But if the episode is set in October and Myson met the team back in May I don't see them doing a scene like that because it wouldn't reflect the content of the episode. It's just speculation on my part but I can't explain the promos in a different way than saying the direct aftermath of the explosion happened months before the premiere so they are dealing with the long term effect and the cliffhanger isn't so much the focus because for the characters we saw right away that are alive it happened a while ago. We always miss a lot during the summer..

Sure, but 601 is going to directly address questions raised by 523, mainly who survived, just by virtue of being the next episode so it's weird that it's not brought up at all in the promos. They are going to show flashbacks and the episode is even titled Aftermath Fallout so what happened on the island is still at the forefront. Right now it's like these possibly dead characters didn't even exist not that they may have all died. 

Anyway this will all be moot in like 2 days and Arrow ain't known for it's great promo. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What is Oliver’s mindset when we pick back up with him this season? How different is he now?
STEPHEN AMELL: Oliver, at the beginning of the season, he’s very at peace, even though obviously what happened on the island was so catastrophic and has left him in a new position as a dad, and in a very different position as a friend, and a brother. That being said, his mindset actually reminds me a lot — if there was a corollary to it — it would be right around the start of our fourth season, but it’s not because he’s left the life. I think that he’s made his peace with all of the things that it entails. He feels as though he’s doing his best. The most important thing for me this year, and this is how I approach every scene that we have — I was just reading episode 606 and I thought to myself, “This is interesting, but if he does this this way, has he learned his lessons?” I think about this being a new chapter in so far as we had our five year backstory and it coincided with the end of season 5, but now everything he does, if he doesn’t apply some sort of lesson that he has learned over the past five years, then it devalues that experience.

Oliver is going to have to step up as a father this year. How is he handling that? But also how is William handling being his son?
Oliver’s doing his best, but obviously he’s learning on the fly. This is not a situation where William went from an infant to a toddler to — he’s on the verge of being a teenager now and Oliver has had to step in. William has also had to deal with seeing things for the first time in his life that would traumatize anybody. So Oliver is doing his best, but William is a reluctant participant, so to speak.

At the end of last season, Prometheus had systematically torn Oliver’s life apart, making Green Arrow Public Enemy No. 1. What does that mean for how he can operate this season?
That’s one of our big hooks at the end of the first episode. The idea of Green Arrow being Public Enemy No. 1, and to a further extent, the role of vigilantes in Star City, is a big focus point of the early part of the season. But it does make things difficult. Oliver being the Green Arrow is less a problem than how a certain individual is targeting him.

How is Oliver stepping up as the mayor this year?
We haven’t gotten into a ton of mayoral stuff. Look, the mayor’s office is running. His approval rating is good. We haven’t had a major city tragedy that he has had to respond to — well, that’s not true, we have had one, but there hasn’t been an event that has thrust him into the spotlight as mayor. There’s been an event that has thrust him into the spotlight as Oliver Queen, but it’s not anything really as it pertains to the mayor.

Are we seeing a lighter Oliver this season?
I wouldn’t say light. I hate that word, I don’t mind that you use it, but I think it’s a more mature version of Oliver that looks at a situation, makes a decision, and then lives with it. It’s a lot less of that angst and the guilt and the brooding. That all comes back to being part of, “What did you learn in season 5?” The biggest thing that I take away is, in episode 523, when Chase wants me to kill him, and I say to him, “That’s who I was, that’s not who I am anymore.”

Can you talk about the cabal of villains and how they’re character specific?
I was actually talking with Emily [Bett Rickards] about how much I’ve loved the writing this year and it just feels like it’s patient, and it feels like coming off what I thought was a very strong season, we’re very clear and satisfied with who and what we are as a show. That’s allowing us to really do that slow burn build out of, there’s a villain over here and a villain over there. I love it, because I do love the big bad of it all, I love the concept of one lynchpin that you line up your season against. I’d also be incredibly wary of doing that after what Josh [Segarra] did as Prometheus. His relationship to Oliver, and to a larger extent the show, was so personal and so well executed by the writers and Josh that if we tried to do it again, how would you do it? Save for zombie Moira showing up, what would you do? So I like it. I think the actors that we have with Kirk Acevedo, Michael Emerson, and David Nykl, who is a tremendous villain, by the way. We know Anatoly is this really nice guy, but I have a scene with him in episode 602 and it’s just cold-blooded.

What does that dynamic look like between Anatoly and Oliver after what happened last season?
It’s pretty interesting because we’ve got a scene where Anatoly just kills a guy in cold blood and Oliver is right there and Oliver says don’t move, points an arrow at him and says don’t move, and Anatoly says, “You know as well as I do that you won’t kill me,” and just walks off. Anatoly has an interesting power over him that I don’t know a lot of other villains — if any villain at all — has ever had. Oliver didn’t kill Chase for a very specific reason, because estate’s what Chase wanted, but he tried to kill Malcolm, and he killed Slade once upon a time, and then put him away in prison, and then he went on this anti-killing thing, but he still killed Ra’s al Ghul and still killed Damien Darhk. Anatoly is this weird gray area of a guy that he loves and respects too much.

The team will be going up against Black Siren. How does that prove difficult considering how familiar she is? Does he still see Laurel there?
Yeah, he does. When we last left Black Siren, because I didn’t really interact with her at the end of last year, so in the middle of our year, it was, where’d you put her? I sent her to S.T.A.R. Labs because I want to make sure that if there’s any part of the Laurel that we love in there, we can find it. That’s very much how he feels about Black Siren. How can you not? How can you look at someone and see the Earth-2 doppelgänger of a person that was such an important part of your life and not have it affect you that way? The interesting thing is people ask me, “How’s it like working with Katie again?” I haven’t had a scene with her. I don’t know when it’s going to happen. I’m looking at the landscape of it all. One of the things I’m actually really excited for this year, at some point, is if we really are truly going to have Black Siren back on the show, she looks exactly like Laurel Lance, she is Laurel Lance, Laurel Lance is the most famous dead person in Star City, so eventually at some point, if she is reintroduced into public life, how do we unpack that? I’m excited for that. That’s the dynamic I think could be interesting.

How do the flashbacks change this season?
I know that it allows us to explore interesting things like, as an example, what happened to Slade from the moment that he was stabbed through the eye on the Amazo until he showed up in Star City. That, to me, is a super interesting story. Slade and Joe is another really interesting story. I feel like maybe we have one more flashback. The one thing that I’m sure of is that Oliver’s flashback story is done. I don’t know what we would do. In my mind, we’ve closed the book from when we set sail on the Gambit to when I come back to Star City. I don’t know what purpose from a pushing the story forward we would get from flashing back to in between season 2 and season 3, ya know? I don’t know. That doesn’t mean it won’t happen, because it could certainly happen.

Did you burn the wig?
No, I thought about it, but part of me kind of liked it. In the second year, I liked it. It was best when we were on Lian Yu, because it was an island and it could just always be wet. When I f—ing hated the wig was when I had to dress up in a suit in Hong Kong or in Russia and I’d just be like, “Ugh, I can’t, I can’t,” which is why you may notice, in season 4, at a certain point, I just put a toque on and I’m like, “I just can’t.”

It was teased at Comic-Con that the show would really be leaning into dark and gritty storytelling. How has that shone through so far?
It shone through last year for sure. Our show works best when it focuses on the city limits of Star City and what happens within them. We can’t fly to outerspace, and we can’t time travel aside from when we shift to Monday night in November for the crossover. The crossover is like a standalone episode to me, it’s like an episode out of time — no pun intended, and no spoilers given. Look, we have a crew and a batch of directors and cinematographers that have gotten really good at going, “Okay, what’s the best way to do this,” and the answer is almost always practically. That, to me, is what separates us from the other shows. It doesn’t make it better, but we do it practically. If you saw at the end of the Comic-Con teaser that came out, the last frame is the Green Arrow diving off of a bridge. You know how we did that? Stunt double dove off a bridge and he loved it. He’s like, “How many more times can I do this?” That’s how we do things. With the villains this year, they’re all street level guys. Anatoly cut his teeth on the streets of Russia, and Richard Dragon cut his teeth on the streets in Star City, and whatever gaggle of villains is on the way, they’re focused on the goings on that happened here.

How will the team be going up against Vigilante again this season?
I know who he is! I’m not going to tell you who he is, but you talked about how Anatoly is really a villain for Oliver and Black Siren is a villain in a lot of ways for Quentin or Dinah, Vigilante is a villain — if you want to call him that — for a member of the team as well.

• Love 4

While I think it's still bad planning not to play up the "Who lives?", I'm thrilled the promo has more than Oliver, MySon, BS and Slade.

I wonder why Oliver didn't just move back in with Felicity. Is it because the loft doesn't have enough bedrooms for MySon and Raisa too?  And speaking of The Kid, it sounds like he's resenting Oliver's nighttime activities. Is this going to make Oliver step back?

Btw, BS, get a new wardrobe. Wearing the black leather coat in broad daylight is a dead giveaway that you're a villain.

47 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

From WM's interview, I think this nailed it.

Now their new shiny toys are William, BS and Slade. At least at the start of the season.

44 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I think they'll show who survived throughout the episode. But they'll draw out Felicity and Diggle's fate until near the end tbh. Not sure how they'll handle Thea though.

At least if they leave Felicity and Diggle till the end of the episode, it suggests they know who fans are really tuning in to find out if they survived.

25 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I was actually talking with Emily [Bett Rickards] about how much I’ve loved the writing this year

On the phone?  Because you know she's not on set -- Felicity's dead.

Stop with the "Laurel Lance is the most famous dead person in Star City".  I'm pretty sure that would be billionaire Malcolm Merlyn who cause an earthquake that killed more than 500 people.

• Love 4