Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

17 minutes ago, Trisha said:

He said the original helmet was made by Cisco at Star Labs, "but now that there's going to be a Smoak Enterprises, that Felicity and Curtis are working on stuff and maybe they'll take over the helmet." (There was some confusion on Twitter about whether it was a Smoak enterprise or Smoak Enterprises, but we heard it with a capital E, like he was giving the actual company name and comparing it to Star Labs.)

I really freaking hope her company is called Smoak Enterprises

• Love 12
1 hour ago, wonderwall said:

I really freaking hope her company is called Smoak Enterprises

Me too. That's definitely how it came across. (Though it's hilarious than people are tweeting at Jen - an English major and journalism grad - that 'enterprise' could also mean 'project.' Gee thanks, twitter!) 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Me too. That's definitely how it came across. (Though it's hilarious than people are tweeting at Jen - an English major and journalism grad - that 'enterprise' could also mean 'project.' Gee thanks, twitter!) 

I like your friend's calm logical responses to the #nolaurelnoarrow Reddit responses shes getting on twitter has a ? from me.

• Love 4
Just now, Primal Slayer said:

Did I miss something, I went a looked and didnt see anything in regards to that. 

I was talking about this:

Might be a generalisation on my part but as soon as "Felicity and Friends" is mentioned I think Reddit since they are the ones who coined the term and use it to try and prove arguments *shrug*

• Love 14

Uses the phrase "Felicity and Friends", says "Pussified", attacked this person and brought up Felicity for no reason, and their argument is really weak?... Yeah the dude is from Reddit. lol

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 22
14 hours ago, wonderwall said:

Uses the phrase "Felicity and Friends", says "Pussified", attacked this person and brought up Felicity for no reason, and their argument is really weak?... Yeah the dude is from Reddit. lol

Seriously Arrow S1 was supposed to be built around a TVD like triangle leading to Tommy taking up his father's mantle and going evil. If that isn't soapy what is? We got the triangle albeit shortened and Oliver also dated 2 other women for multiple episodes, they might have been trying to find a LL replacement or not but they were there for a reasonable portion of the season, one of whom was psychotic and even shot the other who was a cop hunting the vigilante. Pretty dramatic there. They fast forwarded the triangle because they were ending it because it wasn't working so the end suddenly got hella soapy and romantic angsty. Next season Oliver went back to sister swapping (even if I think the initial lunge made sense you can't deny Lance Family Drama was romatically and dramatically "soapy".) But no its only 'Fefe' who made the show about romance and only those stupid shippers who suddenly forced it despite the writers deciding against Lauriver in S1. 

Now of Felicity gets a non romance storyline or is allowed more than 2 lines an episode she's taking over the show when all the other non Oliver characters are peachy. 

And Reddit guys continue to bring her into conversations that don't have anything to do with her.

I really hope I like Oliver better this year, especially Oliver and Thea's relationship, I hope that does not get sacrificed for Oliver/ Slade.

Edited by Featherhat
more spelling
  • Love 17
20 hours ago, tv echo said:

I have to say, this is an intriguing theory, because it would indeed tie into the family theme and also parallel the Quentin-Laurel doppelganger angst...

A Totally Crazy Theory Of Who The Vigilante Is On Arrow
Posted by Dan Wickline September 3, 2017
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/09/03/a-totally-crazy-theory-of-who-the-vigilante-is-on-arrow/

That will never ever happen, but man do I want it too. I'm just going to hope that someone writes a decent fanfic with that premise. 

Thanks to @tv echo for posting the full DR panel video in the Social Media thread! He mentions Smoak Enterprises around the 20 min mark. In the room it sounded like a company name; would be curious what you guys think. Here's what he said: 

We see that the helmet was a Star Lab creation. And now since there's a Smoak Enterprises coming up and there's stuff happening with Curtis and Felicity in terms of what they're creating, and the tspheres and other things, there's been a conversation like maybe the helmet came out of that. Came out of this kind of conglomerate creation between Felicity and Curtis. So it kind of stalled what we would see with the helmet. So as far as Constantine it's like I heard yes, we want to bring him back. And this stuff kind of gets mixed up in other decisions that are so far above me and Stephen. Like the thing with the helmet, I didn't know that until I asked a producer what's happening with the helmet. They're like, oh by the way we thought about that. It was a Star Labs creation but we're thinking about doing this. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Thanks to @tv echo for posting the full DR panel video in the Social Media thread! He mentions Smoak Enterprises around the 20 min mark. In the room it sounded like a company name; would be curious what you guys think. Here's what he said: 

The way he says it sounds to me like Smoak Enterprises is the name of the venture. Although I think it's weird that he put an "a" in front of it. And if it actually IS Smoak Enterprises, then WTF was MG or whoever going on about it being obvious why it couldn't be Smoak Tech or whatever? I thought with Curtis being involved that meant her name ~couldn't be in it or something like that. If they're going to make it an in-show issue with there being another Smoak-named tech company that seems almost as unbelievable as two Dinahs with sonic cries joining the team. 

• Love 3

During his panel at Fan Expo Canada, SA again mentioned that he got in trouble for mentioning that Manu Bennett was back on the show. Also...

Last summer:
SA: "Oliver's most important relationship in the entire show is his relationship to Star City and what it means to him, the fact that it's his home." (SDCC 2016)

This summer:
SA: "There's a hierachy of importance for him, you know. His family. His friends. His city. And if you get in the way of that, and you're willing to use lethal force, in our world, it will be returned in kind.* (Fan Expo Canada 2017)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

When fan asked about the identity of the Vigilante, DR replied: "Yes. I know exactly who he is... Here's a hint. We have a cauldron of, um, almost a Legion of Doom this year, in terms of baddies. And as you begin to look at the baddies that develop this season, understand this, each character has one. So each of these baddies belongs to one of us... And Stephen's interesting - or Oliver's interesting because he's probably going to have one for Oliver and one for Arrow."

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Featherhat said:

I really hope I like Oliver better this year, especially Oliver and Thea's relationship, I hope that does get sacrificed for Oliver/ Slade.

Did you mean "doesn't get sacrificed for Oliver/Slade"?

• Love 1

Spoilers (and OTA bits) transcribed from videos of SA and DR panels at Fan Expo Canada (not in order said) - have also been added to Addendum #3 in S6 Spoiler Archive thread...

-- SA: "When we pick up, Star City in and of itself is in a reasonable place. And we also kind of left it where Green Arrow was Public Enemy No. 1. And the idea of vigilantes and their role within the city and whether or not the public supports them, that does also play a role."

-- When fan asked about getting the "classic elements" of Oliver Queen/GA into the next couple of seasons, SA: "Well, I think some of the more classic elements can start to - uh, can start to come to the forefront now because, you know, we really are - I mean, we've always been telling our own story, but we are not conjoined any more to his back story. Um, the thing that I've always asked myself, whenever I'm reading a script this year, and it comes down to an Oliver-based issue, is: is he handling it like someone who's learned lessons along the way? Um, if he's not, then we change it. Because if he hasn't evolved, if he hasn't taken away stuff from everything that's happened over the past five years, including and especially what happened at the end of Season 5, then if I were a viewer, I'd be like, 'alright, enough with this guy.' Seriously. I mean, what does it take for you to start learning lessons and to start being more inclusive and to start relying on other people and to start being honest and maybe relax and loosen your grip a little bit? If it's not an island explosion with everyone you love on it, then what's it gonna be? The destruction of Earth? So that's what I really ask myself this year. Like, am I approaching this like someone who has learned lessons?" 

-- On where Oliver stands now on killing/no kiling, SA: "Well, I like the shades of gray. Um, well, he didn't kill Chase because that ultimately was the goal, you know... There's a hierachy of importance for him, you know. His family. His friends. His city. And, if you get in the way of that, and you're willing to use lethal force, in our world, it will be returned in kind. Um, which I think you know, it's not how I like to live my life. But I think for the Arrow, in our show, that's more interesting." 

-- SA: "What we're dealing with this season is that there's kind of a villain for every character. You know, normally we have a Big Bad villain. This year, there's kind of a villain for every character. And I say that because there's a villain for Green Arrow, but there's also a villain for Oliver Queen." 

-- SA: "I'm getting the full rundown on the crossover on Wednesday. But I got the elevator pitch. And in my head, I'm like, how are you guys gonna top aliens? What's that? Okay. Oh my god. No, you're not. We are? But how? I don't know. I can't be. I am? Alright." DR (who crashed panel): "Yeah, I know. It's gonna be like, um, is that Oliver Queen? (Mimes removing mask) No, it's John Diggle!" 

-- On S6, DR (when he crashed SA's panel): "I thought your answer at Comic Con was really good. Like, you know, the first few episodes, it's kinda like a slow burn, there isn't anything to make you go like, 'wow!' [They] kinda made you go like, 'oh, it's kinda ramping up, ramping up'... It's a 23-show season, so there's a lot of story. There's a ton of story. Ton of story." 

-- DR: "You know, the writers - and I was told this by Greg Berlanti to my face - what works is what they write to. Right? Um, which is smart. Because you never know what works. So - and things are so fragile, in terms of trying to put things together and make it organic. You just never know what's organic, as a director or writer. Two actors get together and all of a sudden it clicks. Felicity, Oliver and Diggle just clicked. We just clicked. There was no - there was nothing pretentious about it. It was just - it just happened, you know, and they wrote to it. And the more they wrote to it, the more people liked it. And that was it. It was that simple. As you know, Emily was supposed to be - what - two episodes or whatever, and, um, there was something about that chemistry between she and Stephen. They wrote to it, and you guys liked it. And it just happened more and more and more. So it's, uh - they'll write to whatever works. In terms of me, Oliver and Felicity, it just clicked."

-- DR: "If Diggle and Felicity wasn't there, then [Oliver] would either be dead or on the run."

-- DR: "What I really like about the show... what I like is, Felicity at the helm. Right? At the computers. And she can be there with Curtis now. Whatever... And the team out doing their thing. They meet a big brick wall. 'Felicity, we need you to move it.' She hits the [unintelligible word] button... The wall moves. We go in there. We do our Mission Impossible thing. And that's the fun of the show, I think... Just a street-level, braniac over here sitting on her remote-control thing, and we go out and we kick butt... And that to me is Arrow." 

-- On the identity of the Vigilante, DR: "Yes. I know exactly who he is... Here's a hint. We have a cauldron of, um, almost a Legion of Doom this year, in terms of baddies. And as you begin to look at the baddies that develop this season, understand this, each character has one. So each of these baddies belongs to one of us... And Stephen's interesting - or Oliver's interesting because he's probably going to have one for Oliver and one for Arrow."

-- DR: "We see that the helmet was a Star Lab creation. And now since there's a Smoak Enterprises coming up and, you know, there's stuff happening with Curtis and Felicity in terms of what they're creating, and the T-Spheres and other things, there's been a conversation, like, maybe the helmet came out of that. You know, came out of this kind of conglomerate creation with - between Felicity and Curtis. So it kind of stalled what we would see with the helmet. So, as far as Constantine, it's like I heard, yes, we want to bring him back. And this stuff kind of gets mixed up in other decisions that are so far above me and Stephen. Like the thing with the helmet, like, I didn't know that until I asked a producer, what's happening with the helmet. And they're like, oh, by the way, we thought about that. It was a Star Labs creation, but we're thinking about doing this. So the same with Constantine."

-- Per DR, Diggle's always been the Obi-Wan or Yoda figure to Oliver because his purpose was to guide our hero into his full-fledged superhero-ness. DR: "He was more mature. He had already been through his catharsis - his island. He had dealt with his demons. Um, he was married, once, twice, had a child. He was probably five years more advanced than - philosophically - than our main character. But now our character's there. Oliver's there... But we can observe Oliver and say, he's fully fledged Green Arrow, right? So what do you do with a character like Diggle now? ... You kill him... This is what happens to the Yodas... And that's the thing that takes your hero to the next level... And me and Marc were having this conversation about it and, um, he said, 'Well, number one, you're never going to die. But, I totally understand what you're saying.' Either you do something with that character or you change him by making something happen to him. Right? Dramatically... So you're going to see - and I said this at Comic Con in San Diego - something's going to happen to Diggle this year, this season, that's - and it's not just some thing - some things are going to occur in Diggle that's never happened before. And Diggle's going to be changed. And that's going to affect the relationship with his wife, with his family, with his friends. And he's still him at the core. And that makes a great arc for us to get back to. You're going to see some real changes, um, that he has to experience, going beyond Canary's death, beyond killing his brother, beyond Oliver kidnapping his wife. All those things are probably going to pale in comparison to the things that... Diggle experiences this season... Some of this stuff will connect us to his past, but most of it is about, um, what's happening to Diggle presently and in the future. So this is going to be a big season for Diggle."

-- Per DR, Diggle survives the island explosion but there's "a price to pay" and what he has to experience affects the whole team and his relationship with Lyla. There's also a role reversal with Oliver. DR: "But now Diggle's going to make some choices that we've never really seen him make. And he's going to need Oliver in a way he hasn't before."

-- On who would be his favorite superhero to play, DR: "And Diggle's would probably be Arrow. Which by the way is going to be very interesting, come the first few episodes of the season. That's another big nugget."

-- DR: "Diggle has to put on a different suit this season. I split it... I'll let you guys fill in the blanks." 

-- DR: "We have a TA on the set that's a Marine. We tried very very hard to give honor to our men and women of the armed forces through the way Diggle acts, the way he conducts himself... And to that end, when Diggle puts on the Arrow suit... when he does, we were very concerned with how he fights. We didn't want it to look as [bul_? unintelligible word] as Arrow. We wanted it to be straightforward, very efficient, um, like a service man or woman would be. Right? We want to get to the end of the fight. So that was very important, with Bam, myself... And even in Diggle's regular fighting, whether he has the Arrow suit or not... we didn't want it to look like the rest of the League of Assassin-trained folks. So, um, that reflects in the suit. He has Kevlar, and he has a belt and a gun - a smart gun and a regular gun. So we didn't want him to be what Wild Dog was, with guns blazing everywhere. We wanted it to be like a service man. Right? He's very specific. He's well-trained. And so we didn't want a whole lot going on with the suit. And, um - so we wanted it to reflect his military roots. So I don't think I would add anything... Now, it's interesting thing that you bring up the suit. Because I just had a fitting for a new suit. So there will be a change to Diggle's suit. But even in that, it will still reflect his military roots. So it won't get too wild and crazy. We won't see a whole lot of the matte, [unintelligible word] mask, Kevlar and armor everywhere. That's not Diggle. He's a U.S. service man, and we want him to stay true to those roots." 

-- On Diggle's relationship with Oliver, DR: "The bromance continues. Though the bromance... will be tested. Yeah, it's gonna be tested. And it should be, because brothers - that's what happens to brothers, right? They fight, they love each other, they fight, they love each other.. And it makes good drama."

-- On whether Diggle and Oliver will ever face off or fight each other, DR: "Interesting you say that... I would say that Diggle in his current incarnation can't really match Oliver. Oliver's top three fighters in the world. You know, Bruce Wayne, Oliver Queen, maybe there's somebody else in the DC Universe that's non-powered... Sara Lance? Really? Okay, Sara Lance. Okay, so, you know, there's your top three, right? I don't think Diggle's there. Not even close. Um, but there will be again some changes that's going to challenge their relationship. Not that it's going to take him on par as a fighter. It's going to challenge their relationship. In a huge way. ARGUS, ARGUS, ARGUS... ARGUS is big. We kinda played them down a little bit, but they're SHIELD in our universe, and that's no small thing. You know, they're very important to our universe." 

-- On Diggle's parents, DR: "There's been talk of Carl Weathers. I don't know if that's going to happen. But there's been talk of that. It may or may not happen."

-- Per DR, they're going to continue with issue of the "800-pound gorilla" that's in Diggle/Lyla's relationship. DR: "She's Amanda Waller, right? The new Amanda Waller. And her husband is a vigilante. So that whole how we walk this line in their distribution of justice is a distinct point in their marriage. So I think that we're going to continue to explore that."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Did they re-do the Bunker again?  It seemed OK after 519/520.  

Maybe whatever weapons are lying around would reveal who's definitely alive? They could have just done a photo lockdown on anything related to anyone who was on the island when it exploded ... except for BS, BC and Slade. 

Although, didn't someone ask one of the EPs (WM maybe?) about the state of the bunker in S6 and they made it sound like it was still a wreck after 520 (or at least needed a lot of work?), even though it was perfectly fine in 521? 

Yeah, I think it's just because they probably discouraged bts pics and not necessarily something specific (although there's still that Laurel monument thing that supposed to be there 601, so that might still be there).

Just now, insomniadreams88 said:

even though it was perfectly fine in 521?

It was even fine in 522 and Oliver was fully prepared to keep him and Felicity in there to work on stopping Chase even though Chase and plenty other people have broken into it before!

• Love 1

She's probably been told no spoilers anything. Also, even though she tagged the Arrow account isn't she primarily talking to her followers?  In which case the bunker might be a surprise to them even if it's not to those of us who watch the show regularly.

With ME being in talks to appear last season, I wonder if that semi-confirms him playing Cayden James.

I'm hearing three plot lines for Felicity. Smoak Enterprises, Olicity and 6B. I like it.

• Love 11

From the Collider interview linked in Spoilers Only:

Michael Emerson was actually in talks to appear last year but schedules didn't work out, but MG is still mum onto who ME's playing

Gee, I wonder if he's playing the guy who had a hood over his head last year when it could have easily been removed in 519.

Seriously, if ME isn't Cayden James...

He didn't want to confirm or deny Thea being alive after 523

Yet he has said in an interview in the past that he'll never kill Thea, so, uh...

Unless he thinks coma = not necessarily alive?

10 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Yet he has said in an interview in the past that he'll never kill Thea, so, uh...

They actually referenced him saying that, and he just joked back "Marc says a lot of things. Marc, Andrew, and Greg said back in s1 that we'd never have superpowers on the show" and then talked about WH "asking for a reduced workload" last year

14 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I'm hearing three plot lines for Felicity. Smoak Enterprises, Olicity and 6B. I like it.

To be fair to MG for expectations, he was saying that they hope to do it and they'll try for it in 6b but that plans change for the plot sometimes which is one of the reasons he didn't want to share any of it. I'm really excited for the possibility too though, ngl. I really liked the Helix arc.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, way2interested said:
  • Felicity is going into a business as her plot going into s6 (that they wanted to do last year, but they got more interested in developing Helix)
  • They have an idea for a 6b plot for Felicity but he doesn't want to share anything about it other than it's not connected to Oliver or the team similar to their idea of structuring the Helix plot for s5 (one of their intentions is to let Felicity have a plot not about her relationship with Oliver)

To me this sounds like Felicity will get the following storylines:

• Helix
  • Her romance/marriage with Oliver
  • Building her tech empire

I love Felicity Smoak the leading lady of Arrow

• Love 15
19 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

To me this sounds like Felicity will get the following storylines:

• Helix
  • Her romance/marriage with Oliver
  • Building her tech empire

Me too!  I love Olicity and all, but really heartened to hear they understand she should have a story outside of that relationship.  I also love the idea of each character having their own villain (especially the part of a different one for Oliver vs the Green Arrow).

I don't know, I tend to get all rosy and hopeful before the season starts and I begin my slow dissent descent (gawd that's embarrassing) into darkness and doom.  I'm sure this optimism will pass.

Edited by Kymmi
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I thought it was hilarious about how the only characters he really had questions for were Felicity (after saying that it seemed clear that a lot of people really care about her) and Thea and then Slade as an afterthought. Not much for Oliver, no father plots, no BC or BS. 

• Love 5

Maybe the new soundstage is Oliver's apartment or an office for Felicity?

If 6b isn't Helix or Business but unrelated to TA or Oliver, I wonder what it could be? Dad related? (though it does sound like it's on the drop for time list) 

Thanks for summarizing, @way2interested

I'm not sure Oliver would be in a good place if his sister died chasing after his kid's dumb mom while he was off saving his kid. 

I'm not sure Helix/Cayden James makes sense as the 6b storyline they are thinking about now. I would think that's already set in stone. They laid the groundwork and have been teasing it since S5 wrapped. He seems to be her villain.

I think he will. MG said that Felicity's story at the beginning would be the business. I'm guessing villain teases until midseason when everyone comes into play.

I get the impression MG heard the apprehension about Curtis being involved in Smoak Enterprises and this 6B plotline could be in response to that, something not Oliver related (Olicity/BigBad) or Team related (Curtis/Smoak Enterprises). I hope its Noah related.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I hope its Noah related.

I do and I don't hope it involves Noah. I do because I really want more Tom Amandes/more of Felicity and her father. I don't because I don't want it to be something they'll drop if they can't get him back. Now, if it can be something they can still do without him but can use him for if they can get him back, great. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I'm listening to MG's interview now and I just got to the part about how he wants this year's topical episode to be about Black Lives Matter. Oh god. Oh god, no. 

I'm pretty sure this is the only reaction to have to that. (Hey, I think I've found something everyone who watches Arrow will probably agree with!) 

• Love 7

So nice to wake up to Felicity  spoilers!

It sounds like they want to head down the path of a stable Olicity and Felicity having her own story lines/ life outside of Olicity/TA specific villains.

Next season or S8 they can progress the marriage/relationship side to Olicitots!!!! (I'm going to be insufferable about this wheeeeeeeee) as part of her relationship progression and always have Smoak Enterprises as her own thing. 

I'm so hung up on Smoak Enterprises there will be TEARS if it bears Curtis's name as well. 

• Love 1

The 6b storyline could be Helix. We could see ME on screen during 6a and not necessarily know he's Cayden James (if he is playing him at all). And then it slowly builds to trouble with Helix or whatever. I could see that happening, especially if 6a is Felicity focusing on her company.

Whatever happens I'm just glad MG's not acting like she's dead. I wish the rest of the promo would do the same. Haha.

Edited by Guest
29 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I'm listening to MG's interview now and I just got to the part about how he wants this year's topical episode to be about Black Lives Matter. Oh god. Oh god, no. 

That sounds like a dumpster fire, I really hope the PTB kibosh that. He is neither skilled or knowledgeable (or self-aware) enough to write about BLM with any kind of nuance. Was he like "I didn't offend enough people with 513"? 

Are there even any black writers on Arrow? 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Trisha said:

39 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Oh man, I thought the same thing.

Welp, that's a definite skip. I applaud the desire/interest I just really don't think this show is capable. Maybe if MG doesn't write it. Hell, if they really want it to work have the writers and director be a POC. At least that way it's not a white person preaching about it.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Are there even any black writers on Arrow? 

Nope, unless they hired some new writers over the summer. I would have been skeptical about this before the gun control episode, but now I'm downright terrified. Have they learned nothing?!

Also, MG trotted out the ratings line again, saying TV ratings in S5 went down 20% but streaming was up 17%. I'm side-eyeing that claim so hard. Since S5 is not on Netflix yet (and they don't release ratings anyway), they're probably just talking about the CW site and app -- which of course would rise because this is the first season the show isn't on Hulu and there's really no where else to legally stream. Smoke and mirrors...

51 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Unless a black person writes it I"m not gonna watch. Seriously good god this is the worst idea

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Welp, that's a definite skip. I applaud the desire/interest I just really don't think this show is capable. Maybe if MG doesn't write it. Hell, if they really want it to work have the writers and director be a POC. At least that way it's not a white person preaching about it.

The only way an episode like this could have the slightest chance of succeeding is if he hands it off to black writers and a black director, even then it's still going to be a bunch of mostly non-black people reacting/opining though which is ugh and not even getting into the issue of tokenism. 

Or what @wonderwall said.

This is just a terrible idea. 

ETA: Also bringing in BLM onto a show about a vigilante who uses violence to take justice into his own hands WHILE also being the Mayor with close ties to the police department is just seriously like the worst idea ever. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 6