Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

So Next of Kin is 6-03.  That sounds ominous for Someone.

That title likely has nothing to do with any characters we know and is about whatever that episodes plot is.

1 hour ago, lemotomato said:

Don't know their source, but spoilertv just posted it this morning

Makes me think. Michael Emerson tweets about going up to Vancouver, Alana Actress tweets during SDCC that she's coming back to Arrow AND the 603 title is Next of Kin.

Caden James is Alana's dad (as speculated), something bad happens to Alana and James is now gunning for Felicity/Team Arrow

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, Proteus said:

That title likely has nothing to do with any characters we know and is about whatever that episodes plot is.

I'm sure it also ties to the plot, but often episode titles have multiple meanings within the episode, so I can't rule anything out yet.   

• Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm sure it also ties to the plot, but often episode titles have multiple meanings within the episode, so I can't rule anything out yet.   

I'm thinking there will be Oliver/Myson, Rene/Zoe, Diggle/NotSara or possibly Lance/Siren or Slade/Yourson plot points/mentions? Maybe something Merlyn/Thea related? So. Many. Fathers. So. Many. Deceased. Mothers. Nothing better happen to Lyla, I will get my pitchforks ready. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Makes me think. Michael Emerson tweets about going up to Vancouver, Alana Actress tweets during SDCC that she's coming back to Arrow AND the 603 title is Next of Kin.

Caden James is Alana's dad (as speculated), something bad happens to Alana and James is now gunning for Felicity/Team Arrow

I like this. Check to see if Alana Actress is following ME on SM. LOL The very scientific approach.

• Love 1

For some reason, I assumed the Cayden James was Alena's boyfriend/love interest but I guess father works too. That way Felicity's own dad could maybe come back. I'd like for her and her dad to have a reunion. Mainly because I thought that storyline ending was quite abrupt.

• Love 2
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I can't believe its the week after SDCC, the cast is back shooting and this board is so slow. I need some spoilers.

Willa has Comic Con Honolulu this weekend. Maybe she'll give us a clue as to Thea's fate.

We're also still waiting for casting news on Richard Dragon. (I've been assuming that Michael Emerson will be playing Cayden James.)

3 hours ago, leopardprint said:

I'm thinking there will be Oliver/Myson, Rene/Zoe, Diggle/NotSara or possibly Lance/Siren or Slade/Yourson plot points/mentions? Maybe something Merlyn/Thea related? So. Many. Fathers. So. Many. Deceased. Mothers. Nothing better happen to Lyla, I will get my pitchforks ready. 

It's like the Disney dead mothers syndrome. I'm also worried about Lyla, especially for the big crossover, and more so after I read @ComicFan777's post in the Mind Your Surroundings thread, suggesting that the crossover might be something like the Identity Crisis series where someone killed Elongated Man's wife.

DR has said that they will explore Diggle & Lyla's marital problems all of S6, so I don't think she will be killed right at the beginning of the season. But it's possible that the EPs haven't told him about the big crossover's storyline yet. In any event, I hope this is not the case.

ETA: 
The Tragic Reason Why Disney Movies Rarely Have Mother Characters
by JENNA MULLINS | Fri, Sep 12, 2014 2:18 PM
http://www.eonline.com/news/578704/the-tragic-reason-why-disney-movies-rarely-have-mother-characters

Why Are All the Cartoon Mothers Dead?
SARAH BOXER  JULY/AUGUST 2014 ISSUE  
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/07/why-are-all-the-cartoon-mothers-dead/372270/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

I really, really don't want Lyla to die.  But it would be a super powerful arc for Diggle and Oliver/Felicity.  (Also they could share a nanny. )

I keep reminding myself that it's almost three months until the show is back.  A loooong time to wait to find out what happens.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

Has Richard Dragon been confirm by anyone connected to the show besides that casting notice which I think came from Reddit?

Cause Stephen had no idea who Richard Dragon was as a character when asked about him at SDCC. 

Im curious whether he's an actual legit villian this year is all.

8 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Has Richard Dragon been confirm by anyone connected to the show besides that casting notice which I think came from Reddit?

Cause Stephen had no idea who Richard Dragon was as a character when asked about him at SDCC. 

Im curious whether he's an actual legit villian this year is all.

MG confirmed it at their panel too. And, I mean, he also asked if Felicity was even still alive in the same interview, so I'm wary on him being completely serious referencing things that weren't publicly revealed yet or weren't executed on what they were filming yet (seems they're introducing Michael Emerson's villain character first come 602/603).

I missed this, was this posted?

“Regardless of what the size of the team is, post-season 5, we are not looking right now to add additional people to it,” executive producer Marc Guggenheim told ComicBook.com at Comic Con last week.

So that seems like dashing the Black Siren redemption arch hopes or at least that redemption will lead her back on to the team.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

So that seems like dashing the Black Siren redemption arch hopes or at least that redemption will lead her back on to the team.

I don't believe this was posted here earlier. 

???

2 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I think I saw the interview in which WM said that, but that picture accompanying the quote is really thought out.

I know I was like someone running the HVFF account knows how to troll haha

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Chaser said:

I can't believe its the week after SDCC, the cast is back shooting and this board is so slow. I need some spoilers.

The news has been too good.  Not as much to freak out about, lol.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

I wouldn't say it dashes any hopes. I took it more as they wont be adding any new characters, BS isn't a new character, but even if they do redeem her, they wouldn't do it until the end of the season.

Not to mention MG said 

Regardless of what the size of the team is, post-season 5, we are not looking

right now to add additional people to it,” executive producer Marc Guggenheim told ComicBook.com at Comic Con last week.

They weren't looking at adding a new Canary the beginning of S5 either.

10 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Technincally they were because that is when the casting info came out.  

• Love 2
Just now, BkWurm1 said:

Technincally they were because that is when the casting info came out.  

Were they? I must've been thinking the end of S4 when MG or someone said something about not needing a Canary in Arrow.

Just now, wonderwall said:

Let me clarify, not beginning of the season as in when it first started airing, beginning of the season as in SDCC when the show first went into production.

4 minutes ago, Chaser said:

He said they weren't looking to add "additional" people. BS isn't new but she is "additional".

True. But right now also means that it could change in the future.

2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Let me clarify, not beginning of the season as in when it first started airing, beginning of the season as in SDCC when the show first went into production.

It's hard to say because Dinah was introduced mid-season. So casting calls could've easily been put up later but the plan could've been to bring her in as soon as they started planning the season. In the end it's something no one can really prove tbh...

4 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

It's hard to say because Dinah was introduced mid-season. So casting calls could've easily been put up later but the plan could've been to bring her in as soon as they started planning the season. In the end it's something no one can really prove tbh...

It had to be the plan pretty early on since they brought KC in to record what she made Oliver promise and we got that very odd non death bed request to always have a Canary on the team.  

• Love 3
Just now, BkWurm1 said:

It had to be the plan pretty early on since they brought KC in to record what she made Oliver promise and we got that very odd non death bed request to always have a Canary on the team.  

OH You're right. They likely filmed that in April...

(edited)
43 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Lol they were CASTING for Black Canary before season 5 even began airing. They were talking her up before she appeared on screen that you can't have Black Canary without Green Arrow. The first episode or second episode of season 5 had Oliver say he wanted to honor Laurels promise to not make her the last Black Canary. They absolutely went in to season 5 intending on having a new Black Canary.

Marc said they have no plans for any additional people on Team Arrow. Black Siren is not ON Team Arrow ergo she's included in the lists of additional people they aren't considering including on the team and ergo the need to redeem her seems less likely if it's not to make her a part of the team.

Theyve said she's a villian, they've said they prefer her as a villian, they've said they have no plans to expand Team Arrow. 

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Didn't they show an alternate take at that before the premiere? And then it changed once the show came back? We know MG wasn't the one who wanted to bring in a new one.

Yeah does anyone remember what the original take had her making him promise?  

(edited)
8 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Lol they were CASTING for Black Canary before season 5 even began airing. They were talking her up before she appeared on screen that you can't have Black Canary without Green Arrow. The first episode or second episode of season 5 had Oliver say he wanted to honor Laurels promise to not make her the last Black Canary. They absolutely went in to season 5 intending on having a new Black Canary.

Marc said they have no plans for any additional people on Team Arrow. Black Siren is not ON Team Arrow ergo she's included in the lists of additional people they aren't considering including on the team and ergo the need to redeem her seems less likely if it's not to make her a part of the team.

Theyve said she's a villian, they've said they prefer her as a villian, they've said they have no plans to expand Team Arrow. It sucks to be Katie Cassidy and her stans *shrug* 

Were they casting planning and casting before SDCC? The show starts in October so of course they began prepping for it before the season aired. 

MG also said "we are not looking right now to add additional people to it" They aren't done with the season yet, they still have a whole 2nd half of the season and plenty of time to change their mind. I'm not saying she is going to be joining the team and frankly I am not worried about her joining the team or not.

They also said that they "we'll see what happens in the future" as far as her being redeemed or not. So it doesn't suck to be a KC stan, everyone thought she was gone for good "never coming back" but here she is. And I would have to have an expectation to disappointed which I don't,  I don't even expect her to stay around past this season. 

Edited by Primal Slayer
4 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm probably way off, but I thought she asked him not to go it alone? Or to work with a team or something ridiculous that he was already doing.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Were they casting planning and casting before SDCC? The show starts in October so of course they began prepping for it before the season aired. 

MG also said "we are not looking right now to add additional people to it" They aren't done with the season yet, they still have a whole 2nd half of the season and plenty of time to change their mind. I'm not saying she is going to be joining the team and frankly I am not worried about her joining the team or not.

They also said that they "we'll see what happens in the future" as far as her being redeemed or not. So it doesn't suck to be a KC stan, everyone thought she was gone for good "never coming back" but here she is. And I would have to have an expectation to disappointed which I don't,  I don't even expect her to stay around past this season. 

They start writing and planning the season in like May or June and in the the very first two episodes they had the Flash back of Laurel asking for a new Black Canary and Oliver saying he's going to look for one to honour her promise.

So yes they would have known they were including a Black Canary before SDCC 2016.

6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I'm probably way off, but I thought she asked him not to go it alone? Or to work with a team or something ridiculous that he was already doing.

That sounds familiar.  It also worked with the first episode where Felicity was trying to get him to add new team members but of course made zero sense for Laurel to say when the team wasn't lacking anyone.  

1 minute ago, LeighAn said:

They start writing and planning the season in like May or June and in the the very first two episodes they had the Flash back of Laurel asking for a new Black Canary and Oliver saying he's going to look for one to honour her promise.

So yes they would have known they were including a Black Canary before SDCC 2016.

So why did they show a different version of it? It is definitely something they could've planned or it's something that they made multiple versions of depending on if MG could talk GB out of it. Something we'll never know.

5 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

That sounds familiar.  It also worked with the first episode where Felicity was trying to get him to add new team members but of course made zero sense for Laurel to say when the team wasn't lacking anyone.  

It also didn't make sense because she didn't know she was dying and had already decided to stay on the team, lmao.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

So why did they show a different version of it? It is definitely something they could've planned or it's something that they made multiple versions of depending on if MG could talk GB out of it. Something we'll never know.

I've wondered about that as well. Maybe they wanted to do a fake out?  Maybe the Canary thing was decided post when KC originally did the promise me scene and they had to redo it.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

We're all too busy picking wedding outfits!

For the bride and groom or shippers in attendance? ?

I've had this increasing doubt that either Curtis or Rene is going to bite it on the island and one of the actors is only being used as patsy in interviews. I'd almost bet my money on EK considering his behavior at SDCC and according to some people on social media, but unlike him RG hasn't really had any promotional material done over the summer.

22 minutes ago, bijoux said:

For the bride and groom or shippers in attendance? ?

I've had this increasing doubt that either Curtis or Rene is going to bite it on the island and one of the actors is only being used as patsy in interviews. I'd almost bet my money on EK considering his behavior at SDCC and according to some people on social media, but unlike him RG hasn't really had any promotional material done over the summer.

Haha I actually thought to myself "oh it'll be summer when they get married I'll wear a pretty dress while I watch the wedding" ?

I soooo want to believe they will kill Curtis but he did get that photoshoot.

Although it RG was announced as being just signed on as a regular right? That puts him in the same position as Dinah and BS so therefore less likely to get offed?

How did they act when they took Caity to SDCC? Did anyone get suspicious?

I wasn't around for the SDCC before S3, but from watching the videos after the fact, I don't think I'd ever have guessed it.

RG did get a regular contract in the spring, but then he wasn't shooting promo material when KC, EK and JH did as far as I know. Rene and Dig presumably got close-ish. RG could be playing Rene's ghost that haunts Dig? There's the psychological effect on Dig and one nobody can spot. Itunds ridiculous, I know.

I can't even put my finger on it, but my spidey senses are tingling when looking at those two.

On 7/27/2017 at 10:37 AM, statsgirl said:

Yeah.  But he probably meant those emotionally distant conversations.  :-(

They hit so many wrong notes in writing him. He was a Rebel Without A Cause for no reason, and disrespectful to the characters we watch the show for, which didn't endear him to me at all.  Then when they finally gave him a cause in The Way of the Gun, it just made him look worse because he would rather wear a hockey mask and shoot guns than get his daughter back.  It wasn't until they made him a background character with Lance rather than their star newbie that he became tolerable.

RG didn't help his cause by dismissing Felicity/EBR in interviews.

I'd still be in favour of replacing him with another new team member.

Why did he say about Emily?

(edited)
7 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

It was "Your instinct has always been to go alone. Ollie, you can't do that." It was the SDCC trailer..

Also I think people found the casting call while S5 was on air..one girl that is an actress and is in the fandom even auditioned for it..

I don't think it's a fitting comparison to the BS situation though..there they had a plan and had to change it to incorporate a new BC while here BS was made a regular months ago so if they are still talking now about her being a villain and no more team members I imagine no one "suggested" they go for something different.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
13 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

It was "Your instinct has always been to go alone. Ollie, you can't do that." It was the SDCC trailer..

Also I think people found the casting call while S5 was on air..one girl that is an actress and is in the fandom even auditioned for it..

I don't think it's a fitting comparison to the BS situation though..there they had a plan and had to change it to incorporate a new BC while here BS was made a regular months ago so if they are still talking now about her being a villain and no more team members I imagine no one "suggested" they go for something different.

This was from September 16:

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.projectcasting.com/casting-calls-acting-auditions/arrow-season-5-casting/amp

This was a Reddit page discussing the sides posted September 20th:

So they were casting publicly for Tina in September. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

This was from September 16:

https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.projectcasting.com/casting-calls-acting-auditions/arrow-season-5-casting/amp

This was a Reddit page discussing the sides posted September 20th:

So they were casting publicly for Tina in September. 

Okay..then I remembered wrong about the casting..still considering they put the new line in the first episode obviously they changed or were told to change direction between SDCC and the premiere..starting to look for the actress in September fits.