Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

25 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

@BkWurm1 first thing I thought when I read the lyrics was: s6 sex song!!!!!

Now I want them to go undercover and her alias to be Eileen.  Hey, are you taking fic requests? 

30 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Hey when Oliver is outed and the city hates him then over time begin to look up to/respect him... At least then he can have a day dedicated to him :)

Oh!  And a coffee drink named after him!

• Love 1
(edited)

"Come on, Eileen" sounds to me it's about first love or a youthful fling but I doubt he put a lot of thought into it. 

I just can't with Oliver getting outed as the GA with the city knowing he killed an innocent police officer and used his mayoral position to cover it up. That's a bad guy of the week plot from Law & Order or some other police procedural. 

Edited by leopardprint
(edited)

I figure Oliver could just blame everything about Billy's death-- the killing and the cover up-- on Chase, since he was the DA and Prometheus. Didn't GA essentially get cleared of all charges by 522, hence Mayor Queen's high approval ratings?

Edited by lemotomato
(edited)

Didn't Mayor Oliver tell the city that GA accidentally killed Billy and felt super bad about it? And then it was dropped? The episode with the impeachment hearing? I guess that's how it was settled in the show. (I will never drop it though ?)

I think Darkh can be handwaved as self-defense or something. 

Edited by leopardprint

I think it's  more likely that the show will never mention Billy again, so if Oliver is outed as GA, it won't be an issue. 

It'll be like how vigilantes were so bad, Roy faked his own death and has to stay dead, but Laurel's killed and revealed to be BC and gets a statue. It'll be whatever they need for plot, and since Oliver can't spend years in prison, it'll be no big deal that he killed people the public knows about.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Wasn't it Chase who used his position as DA to cover it up?  It's a technicality, I know, but Oliver didn't mean to kill Billy.

I mean negligent homicide is still a crime but I'm not sure if "My bad, I meant to kill that other really bad dude" is a viable defense.

I can't remember, didn't Oliver end up not letting Chase take the fall for him? Ok I went and looked and Oliver throws GA under the bus and then isn't impeached so I guess it's never mentioned again. Final City Hall verdict is GA has gone rogue so I'm not sure what they will do with that in S6 since he doesn't show up "publicly" again. 

Sidenote: I really and truly think 515 might have been the worst episode of Arrow in all five seasons. Oliver is being impeached for covering up the killing of an innocent man while simultaneously lecturing Thea and Felicity on ethics in politics and computing. Oi vey. 

2 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

It'll be no big deal that he killed people the public knows about.

You're totally right, it's just another super weird Arrow plot elephant in the room that will never be mentioned again. 

• Love 1
(edited)
22 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Final City Hall verdict is GA has gone rogue so I'm not sure what they will do with that in S6 since he doesn't show up "publicly" again. 

In 522, the Channel 52 news lady reports that SCPD gives credit to GA for helping to bring Chase to justice (because Oliver put on the suit again after Felicity's pep talk in 521), and Thea reiterates "Well, I guess Green Arrow is a hero again, whoever he is." 

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

In 522, the Channel 52 news lady reports that SCPD gives credit to GA for helping to bring Chase to justice (because Oliver put on the suit again after Felicity's pep talk in 521), and Thea reiterates "Well, I guess Green Arrow is a hero again, whoever he is." 

22 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I admit, I wasn't watching too closely but I think that when they caught Chase, the Throwing Star Killer, they blamed everything on  him including the killing of Billy.

Thanks! I only remembered the part about his dad from the speech and forgot the part about Chase. 

(edited)

Considering how Dinah made fun of Team Arrow's costumes when she first met them, her outfit being simple/streamlined makes sense. She's a seasoned cop; she knows she's out there to take down criminals, she doesn't need embellishments on her outfit. I bet her nails don't even match her lip color.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Are my eyes deceiving me or are those things on the side a mini cape kind of like Siren or is it just a different texture making it stand out more.

Pretty sure those are just her hips

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I'm not loving it, I have to say.  It's better than Laurel's was (Laurel's was such a mess) but there's still something about it that doesn't really work for me.  

for me it's the sleeves and the fit. I also would've liked for the neckline to be more open. Not like Sara's but just a bit more open. I also would've liked for more texture - it just seems so plain right now.

• Love 2

Yeah I don't really like the sleeves, or the opera-length gloves.  But just the overall look..it's a bit too....slick, I suppose.  Laurel's was too overdone and buckled up, but this seems a few steps too far in the opposite direction.

I don't really care for the white lining on the pants either, or the short boots, truth be told. 

1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

FV_cn1e4d-FRTHxVPw2IvEO5qRSrhypJuOiBTZbU

It's a lot more simpler then I thought it would be.

I've seen it all around that this looks like an X-Men suit and I have to agree

f7b1ff760e2f77e180f7f15283a13a71.jpg

I think simple and sleek makes more sense for a vigilante than costumes like WD's that you can spot from the moon, LOL.

It fits weirdly on the tights or it's just me?

1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

FV_cn1e4d-FRTHxVPw2IvEO5qRSrhypJuOiBTZbU

It's a lot more simpler then I thought it would be.

I've seen it all around that this looks like an X-Men suit and I have to agree

f7b1ff760e2f77e180f7f15283a13a71.jpg

Where'd you find the additional pic? Thanks.

Her costume reminds me of something and I just can't place it.

I like that it's streamlined KC/LLs was such a mess. I still think Sara's was the best but, I kind of like Dinah's hopefully it'll grow on me.

I wonder if she'll wear a wig? Oddly enough she's the perfect candidate for a wig it would hide her identity better since she actually has brown hair.

• Love 3

I'm still not wowed by her outfit. It's like they went polar opposite to Laurel's which was too fussy and had too many buckles, and ended up with something too simple? I suppose they can always make some future adjustments and they should because those short sleeves and long gloves look ridiculous.

I think they're so focused on making sure all BC outfits look a little different (Sara had 3/4 sleeves and a low neckline, Laurel had full length sleeves and a high neck, now Dinah has short sleeves and a zip front), that something doesn't quite work. IDK. 

• Love 2

If you would take out like 4 buckles it would be above Dinahs but right now they are probably even for me. 

Somehow I don't think D will be wearing a wig since I would imagine it would be in the two pics we've seen thus far. I'm thinking maybe they tried it out but it didn't work out.

But yes, Sara still reigns supreme as the best costume.

(edited)

Yeah, I think Sara's wins still but I didn't like her super low corset. I always thought her boobs were gonna fall out, haha.

Honestly, Dinah's would be fine if she just had long sleeves. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 3

The short sleeves and the zip at the neck makes it look like a track suit to me, which is at odds with the opera gloves.  But I can't see it very well in that picture so I'll wait till there's more light.

8 hours ago, bijoux said:

I really hope the child actor spent some time with a good acting coach these past few months.

I'm hoping this is more in SA's head than on screen as it was in s4.

Nice play talking about Oliver not having his life together, referring to the earlier question from baby Felicity.

• Love 3

It looks to me like they are adding DD and Curtis to the Dare to Defy promos. EK and KC did some photo shoot. JH did some other promo.

Im kind of surprised at all Arrow is getting.

The short sleeves/long gloves combo bugs me but other than that I'm okay with it. I like that they went simple with it and went totally different than the previous BC costumes (even tho Sara's is still the best).

I see a lot of shade potential too. DD looking at the memorial and commenting on the cumbersome buckles and the stupidity of the fingerless gloves and does that mask really hide identity? 

Plus the confrontations with BS. She could totally grab BS jacket and trip her up with snark about fashion over smarts. Hilarity. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

It looks to me like they are adding DD and Curtis to the Dare to Defy promos. EK and KC did some photo shoot. JH did some other promo.

Im kind of surprised at all Arrow is getting.

I'm surprised there's no evidence of RG doing promos. Cue speculation that Rene might bite it despite RG just being given a series regular contract?

They gave Roy new promo before writing him out. Didn't MG say something about not using series regular contracts as guides? 

That said I don't think JH and RG are in any danger...but it does make me wonder about EK. 

I'm sure RG is getting new promo. I think the others will too, they just aren't doing them all at once.

2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

They gave Roy new promo before writing him out. Didn't MG say something about not using series regular contracts as guides? 

That said I don't think JH and RG are in any danger...but it does make me wonder about EK. 

I'm sure RG is getting new promo. I think the others will too, they just aren't doing them all at once.

I know MG said that, but I can't say how shitty it would be to give somebody a series regular contract for the next season and then kill their character off at the beginning of that season.

• Love 2

I doubt any of them are leaving but I do think Curtis should go. I don't think he works well in the field and there were a few occasions in the bunker when he said and did things Felicity would've done in previous seasons, like they're diminishing her role somewhat. Not all the time but still. Then there's my fear that if Smoak Tech does happen it will become more about Curtis and his inventions and that's a no from me.

I wouldn't have much of an issue with these things if they learned to balance more but they seem to shove characters aside to let another one shine and it's annoying. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Her costume reminds me of something and I just can't place it.

I like that it's streamlined KC/LLs was such a mess. I still think Sara's was the best but, I kind of like Dinah's hopefully it'll grow on me.

I wonder if she'll wear a wig? Oddly enough she's the perfect candidate for a wig it would hide her identity better since she actually has brown hair.

To me it looks like a bobsledding or speed skating suit. She just needs a helmet. I think I preferred her wallet chain. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Yeah I don't really like the sleeves, or the opera-length gloves.  But just the overall look..it's a bit too....slick, I suppose.  Laurel's was too overdone and buckled up, but this seems a few steps too far in the opposite direction.

I don't really care for the white lining on the pants either, or the short boots, truth be told. 

I agree, it's too straightforward for my liking. At the very least, they should have incorporated some fishnet patterns at the sides of Dinah's legs like on Sara's old BC costume. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

To me it looks like a bobsledding or speed skating suit. She just needs a helmet. I think I preferred her wallet chain. 

Maybe that's what's bugging me about it.  Like @Morrigan2575 said, it was reminding me of something, but I couldn't put my finger on it.   I had the vague impression that it was sports-related though, so maybe that's it.

57 minutes ago, strikera0 said:

I agree, it's too straightforward for my liking. At the very least, they should have incorporated some fishnet patterns at the sides of Dinah's legs like on Sara's old BC costume. 

Yeah, they should have done fishnet patterns on the pants.  And taller boots.  Not over the knees like Laurel's, but something more sturdy-looking than ankle boots.

It's not a bad costume really (other than the long gloves).  It just doesn't really say Black Canary to me (although neither did Laurel's).  It's more functional-looking than Laurel's was, so there's that, but.... I don't know.  I guess I was hoping for more.  

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

Maybe that's what's bugging me about it.  Like @Morrigan2575 said, it was reminding me of something, but I couldn't put my finger on it.   I had the vague impression that it was sports-related though, so maybe that's it.

I just read a comment comparing it to the costumes in Tron. It looks like a costume in a bag version of the Tron suit. It's just not the most creative or original costume but I agree that simplicity suits Dinah's character better than all the weird extra metal on the buckles suit or the push up corset from Sara's. 

I think it does have fishnet detailing on the side panels or at least some kind of non shiny material. 

IMG_3160.JPG

ETA: Fishnet might be the single worst choice for a combat suit possible. That stuff gets caught on everything! I also just noticed there is corset detailing around the bust. ?

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2

Taller boots would have been better protection against projectiles.

3 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I doubt any of them are leaving but I do think Curtis should go. I don't think he works well in the field and there were a few occasions in the bunker when he said and did things Felicity would've done in previous seasons, like they're diminishing her role somewhat. Not all the time but still. Then there's my fear that if Smoak Tech does happen it will become more about Curtis and his inventions and that's a no from me.

On the other hand, it would keep him off of Team Arrow and out of the lair if he's always doing Smoak Tech things.  What worries me about Smoak Tech is that it would/will keep Felicity away from working with the team because she's off on a Smoak Tech island.

2 hours ago, strikera0 said:

Yet another classic Black Canary thing they gave Sara rather than Laurel. Why????? when they knew she was just a place holder?

• Love 1

What is their thing with no sleeves? I don't like it all that much. I still prefer Sara's costume. Maybe it looks good on tv but I just can't with the upper arms.

Also is SA being literal when he says 6x01 is 'setting the table'? I now imagine Daddy Oliver serving his kiddo some serious Mac'n'Cheese while  he decorated the table with little swan napkins and his best china hours earlier.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Are Felicity and Diggle in the Dare to Defy ads or is this just a new thing? I can't say I've ever seen them or maybe I've just not paid any attention.

Diggle still shows up but I haven't seen Felicity.  

7 minutes ago, Soulfire said:

I hope this means that they've realized they can have their main couple together and keep them together.

Look at Bones. Did it with Booth & Brennan for years. NCIS: LA is doing that with Kensi and Deeks right now. Romance can be done right (and not take over a show), and when it is, it makes the shows that come up with stupid drama for their couples look bad. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I hope this means that they've realized they can have their main couple together and keep them together.

Look at Bones. Did it with Booth & Brennan for years. NCIS: LA is doing that with Kensi and Deeks right now. Romance can be done right (and not take over a show), and when it is, it makes the shows that come up with stupid drama for their couples look bad.  

Don't watch either show but, from what I've read Bones/Boothe didn't get together until late in the show S6/7 before that it was will they/won't they and, substitute LI. I had to look up the NCIS couple but, according to Wikipedia they got together in S5.

I don't think there's that much difference between the way relationship were handled. Shows basically go in one of two directions will they won't they or breakup/makeup. Arrow went with breakup/makeup the other 2 shows mentioned went the will they/won't they route, dragging out the initial hookup till later in the series.

Edited by Morrigan2575