Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Unless TVLine adds a fatality I am thinking Arrow fills in the possible fatalities-status unknown. Flash just suffered a loss.

It's not on here yet, but if HR died instead of Iris (which I'm guessing is what happened), then they'll just switch out Iris for HR, no added death on the list.

1 minute ago, way2interested said:

It's not on here yet, but if HR died instead of Iris (which I'm guessing is what happened), then they'll just switch out Iris for HR, no added death on the list.

I didn't know Iris was already on the list.  I haven't seen the list. Sorry if I spoiled it for you. I quit watching Flash last season but just happened to catch that moment.

4 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I didn't know Iris was already on the list.  I haven't seen the list. Sorry if I spoiled it for you. I quit watching Flash last season but just happened to catch that moment.

Nah, it's ok, I'm a spoiler-aholic. Plus, I figured that was what happened anyway. It still leaves Malcolm open as that last death though at this point!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

It's probably emotional but my guess would be Moira discovering her son is alive would carry the biggest emotional punch.

This scene is the one I'm most looking forward to. T_T

• Love 4
(edited)

I think there's probably gonna be a few emotional moments. Oliver's son is gonna find out who his dad is. Malcolm will sacrifice himself for Thea (don't care about this but some might, IDK) and then we also have Queen Moira coming back. Her scenes are always great and emotional, too. 

I only care about Moira on this list tbh but I'm not GATV so...

Edited by Guest

My first instinct is to be nervous that he liked it, but that's really not fair.  Craig may overly like some stuff that I don't like (so I'm sure some of his excitement is for the fights)  but he also frequently praises the same episodes that I think are really great.  And as long as Olicity isn't full of drama, he's willing to not spew the hate.  So there's a good chance that he's giving a fair overview of the episode. 

That said, I really hate how up in the air everything seems to be.  

43 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

What is GATV's opinion on the child storyline? Is that what "emotional" means? 

I don't think he posted much on the subject.  I went back and checked the pertinent episode threads from last year and he wasn't commenting.  From other stuff he's said I think his issue with the BMD was pretty much the standard complaint about it being only there for DRAMA which he is not a fan of.  

• Love 3
(edited)
42 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

It's probably emotional but my guess would be Moira discovering her son is alive would carry the biggest emotional punch.

38 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

This scene is the one I'm most looking forward to. T_T

33 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I only care about Moira on this list tbh but I'm not GATV so...

I forgot about Moira! How dare I! 

22 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I don't think he posted much on the subject.  I went back and checked the pertinent episode threads from last year and he wasn't commenting.  From other stuff he's said I think his issue with the BMD was pretty much the standard complaint about it being only there for DRAMA which he is not a fan of.  

Thanks! I'm hoping they don't end the episode with the kid/Oliver, those scenes just grind everything to a halt for me. Maybe they do a parallel between Moira discovers Oliver's alive/Oliver finds kid? I think I could be ok with that, if I must, I guess, whatever. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

IMG_3085.GIF.c10a93c8741761de6961dccbc659051c.GIF

Edited by leopardprint
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I think the cliffhanger is supposed to leave Oliver "reeling" so I assume it's supposed to be emotional too.

3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I think he accepts Olicity as a necessary evil.

I will hate it if Crayola is the important part of the ending for Oliver.  It should be Diggle, Felicity and Thea.

It would be super repetitive and pretty dumb storytelling to use kid in peril as the cliffhanger in two consecutive episodes. So they will probably do that. 

Edited by leopardprint
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I will hate it if Crayola is the important part of the ending for Oliver.  It should be Diggle, Felicity and Thea.

Well he specifically said that Diggle Felicity and Thea are prominent and at the centre of the ep.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Prominent just means they have things to do.  I want the emotional payoff for the five years of the journey to be about them, not about Spawn.  He hasn't earned it.

Prominent by definition means important note worthy notable leading etc and he said they were at the centre of the episode. And really the emotional pay off will be about Olivers five year journey more then anybody else's since that's what the shows been about the last five years and it's the end of his five year flashbacks. 

Id rather focus on what we've been told the episode focuses on then premptively stress out about something that may not even happen. But cest la vie.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

heeeeeee this made me crack up! 

Necessary evil indeed! I hope we get a kiss! With lots of tongue! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

@BkWurm1 would he have hated it if there was a lot of positive Olicity?

This dude hates Olicity right? So if he's not raging should we be nervous from an Olicity perspective?

I don't think he's hard core anti Olicity.  He liked both 519 and 520.  

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

If Matt Mitovichs dialogue tease doesn't come after an Olicity kiss I will feel totally ripped off! 

Yep, I will eat my hat if it doesn't. Also, Matt appears to really be enjoying the finale.

Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 9.25.25 AM.png

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

If Matt Mitovichs dialogue tease doesn't come after an Olicity kiss I will feel totally ripped off! 

I didn't even think of that, but YES.

Didn't they think s1 finale had a cliffhanger? Whereas I never really viewed it that way. So IDK.

(edited)
22 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Didn't they think s1 finale had a cliffhanger? Whereas I never really viewed it that way. So IDK.

I didn't really see that as a cliffhanger either because Oliver just left? I think the S3 Diggle/Oliver brofight would be the closest since that storyline carried over into S4. Maybe that's what they mean by cliffhanger something that needs to be resolved next season. Unless it's literal and there is an explosion and Oliver is hanging off a cliff on Lian Yu.

Also, they've said there is an explosion but also that S6 picks up in real time so not sure how that fits with a true cliffhanger. Resolving storylines offscreen doesn't really count to me. 

Looks like whatever it is happens in the last minute. 

Edited by leopardprint
5 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I didn't really see that as a cliffhanger either because Oliver just left

Wasn't it just Oliver and Diggle standing on a rooftop as part of the Glades burned? I don't think we found out he left until the next season. 

• Love 1

The cliffhanger could just be Chase saying "I'm your brother, Oliver!" or something like that. 

9 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I didn't really see that as a cliffhanger either because Oliver just left? I think the S3 Diggle/Oliver brofight would be the closest since that storyline carried over into S4. Maybe that's what they mean by cliffhanger something that needs to be resolved next season. Unless it's literal and there is an explosion and Oliver is hanging off a cliff on Lian Yu.

Also, they've said there is an explosion but also that S6 picks up in real time so not sure how that fits with a true cliffhanger. Resolving storylines offscreen doesn't really count to me. 

Looks like whatever it is happens in the last minute. 

I can't remember if Oliver left in that episode or not tbh. But I think it was mainly that half the city blew up and Tommy died. I still don't really see that as a cliffhanger though so IDK.

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

The cliffhanger could just be Chase saying "I'm your brother, Oliver!" or something like that. 

"I'm William's father! He's MY boy! Samantha lied to you! SURPRISE! 10029374 Steps ahead."

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 5

If the cliffhanger is leaving different people's fate unknown than I think it's pretty good for casual viewers and meh for me because I already know the characters I like are safe and the others can live, die, disappear into thin air..I just don't care, LOL.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Didn't it just end with Oliver cradling Tommy's dead body while crying...i thought it was the least suspenseful ending 

Oh yikes. I completely forgot, but also hated Tommy, so...that figures haha. 

2 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Yep, I will eat my hat if it doesn't. Also, Matt appears to really be enjoying the finale.

Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 9.25.25 AM.png

Matt is literally the last person i would value when it comes to tv show critics. He represents a very specific group of viewers and his social media attitude is even worse than his opinions on tv.

Mirakuru wore off a long time ago? Does he not remember he was stabbed with the cure? LOL.

That was very easy with Slade. IDK. I'm suspicious. Haha.

This "sons" business. Yawn.

Oh, I have so many problems with that sneak peek. 1) You were cured, Slade. The Mirakuru didn't just "wear off." 2) Oliver, how do you know it's safe for Slade's son for him to know where he is? 3) Stop with the father/son thing already. Seriously. I've seen nothing of these father/son relationships that make me care about them. 4) Oliver, are you really sure it's safe for Slade to know you have a son? (Although, I guess it's probably better he hear it from Oliver than mid-battle from Chase or something.) 

Please, let Slade be playing Oliver. Please. 

• Love 2