Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

That's Diggle's hand in his, right?  I mean SA wouldn't have much reason to shake DR's hand in the midst of filming a stand around and yak scene, would he?  Maybe he brought Felicity's super powerful, can even get wifi on the island tablet from the lair?

1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

DAJMCclV0AI5-B0.jpg

Is this SA's personal tablet or part of the scene in the show? 

Edited by BkWurm1
(edited)

Ha!  i totally forgot he got kidnapped as well.  Still, same logic applies.  I tend to think a hand shake between Oliver and Curtis makes more sense than one between SA and Echo in that scene which would mean the table belongs in the scene rather than Oliver SA  just amusing himself between takes. 

Edited by BkWurm1
because this is confusing.
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

DAJMCclV0AI5-B0.jpg

Is this SA's personal tablet or part of the scene in the show? 

Oliver is arming Felicity with her weapon of choice. ?Game on, Chase!

Maybe Oliver sent Diggle after the kid? That's why he's missing? 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2

Of probably no importance, did I hallucinate that there are BTS or paparazzi photos of contemporary Oliver in regular clothes on the island? He changes into the GA suit on the island at some point then? ?

(edited)

Ugh. Samantha Clayton standing with Team Arrow shoots down my theory that she's secretly a bad guy working with Chase.

I feel like this pic is meta for the BMD last season and this season - the spectre of Baby Mama hovering in the background shadows behind Oliver...
arrow-season-5-photos-81.jpg?w=700

Maybe Chase has William stashed in the hold of a boat (wreckage of The Queen's Gambit?) that's rigged with explosives. That would explain his "I'll see you on the boat" parting line.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Maybe Chase has William stashed in the hold of a boat (wreckage of The Queen's Gambit?) that's rigged with explosives. That would explain his "I'll see you on the boat" parting line.

The Gambit is in the bottom of the ocean, isn't it? The same with the Amazo (in 409 Oliver went down to get a map from the remains), so I'm not sure if it was more than just a reference to the island. Although I'm confused why SA kept using it as a quote for 523 if it was said in 522.

Moira had The Gambit brought to SC. Walter discovered it in a warehouse before his disappearance in season 1.

I'm guessing see you on the boat will be repeated in 523. Much like people closest to Oliver suffering for his sins was mentioned in 521 and 522.

• Love 3
Just now, bijoux said:

Moira had The Gambit brought to SC. Walter discovered it in a warehouse before his disappearance in season 1.

I'm guessing see you on the boat will be repeated in 523. Much like people closest to Oliver suffering for his sins was mentioned in 521 and 522.

Right! Completely forgot that (and that was in the pilot, whoops). So, sure, I could go with the Gambit coming back.

(edited)

Chase is so very extra! He would totally do that. Do you think he hired Sara and Robert reenactors as well? 

It occurs to me that Chase hasn't actually done anything to Oliver worse than Slade or Merlyn has. He's just much more dramatic about it. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Right! Completely forgot that (and that was in the pilot, whoops). So, sure, I could go with the Gambit coming back.

Actually, it was in episode 4, when Oliver is first arrested on the suspicion of being the Hood. I had to go and check, because I remembered only the revelation of Moira being the one to hire the thugs as implication of her shadiness in the pilot. Probably will forever be one of the top three reveals of this show.

Just now, Chaser said:

Chase could be trying to recreate what happened with Oliver and Father with Oliver and his son. Force Oliver to kill himself to save Crayola.

That's a great guess.

• Love 1
(edited)

It's an excellent guess but did Oliver go into the details in his speech? Also, Chase kidnapped William prior to finding out this or did Oliver tell Talia in one of the FBs I didn't watch? 

At this point, they should just have Crayola in a pool of sharks for Oliver to jump over. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Chase could be trying to recreate what happened with Oliver and Father with Oliver and his son. Force Oliver to kill himself to save Crayola.

That's kind of brillaint.

Just now, bijoux said:

Actually, it was in episode 4, when Oliver is first arrested on the suspicion of being the Hood. I had to go and check, because I remembered only the revelation of Moira being the one to hire the thugs as implication of her shadiness in the pilot. Probably will forever be one of the top three reveals of this show.

Yeah, I got that confused with the reveal of the Gambit, which is a shame since the reveal ending in the pilot is also one of my favorite moments.

• Love 1

The more I think about @Chaser's idea, the more I love it. It would be the ultimate mind fuck, symultaneously exploiting Oliver's past trauma and fears of the future and himself. If it turns out to be true, I won't be mad about bringing William and Samantha back at all. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Lance is the only person on that island drawing sympathy from my cold, dead heart and it's interesting that he's being held with Team Brawn. Chase separated him from Thea. 

Same, Captain Boomerang, same. 

ETA: Forgot to mention, I like seeing the GA suit in the daylight so you can see all the details. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 3

With all those characters and Captain Boomerang joking with Oliver and Slade the episode gives me crossover vibes. The first ones were really fun for me so it doesn't have to be a bad thing, it just feels weird for a finale of Arrow. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Can I just say that I am enjoying Slade so so much? I just really like the character... Hopefully, he continues to be in this universe. His voice just gets me every time.

Edited by Belinea

Man so many things happening, it should've been a 2 hour finale. Loving the snark from Boomerang and Slade.

The black and white clip of flashback Oliver was definitely weird cause they never show flashback content in trailers.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

ETA: Forgot to mention, I like seeing the GA suit in the daylight so you can see all the details. 

The details of the suit are pretty cool. Still find the neck area weird, though. But it is disconcerting to me to see the Green Arrow during the day. Green Arrow is made for the night, not running around in an island in leather. Although I guess Oliver's green suit makes for awesome camouflage. 

I wonder if Oliver is basically burning his bridges with ARGUS with this move. Sounds like he promised Boomerang he'd walk if he helps with Chase. Same deal with Slade, I'm guessing?

I can see why Manu Bennett came back -- it looks like a Slade love-in.

LOL at the "Didn't he kill  your mother?"

I didn't know how much I wanted a Diggle/Lance team-up till I saw that clip.

"Slade has my friends [Felicity, Dinah&Rene] and my family [Thea]."  I guess I should grab onto the Olicity goodness from Missing because Felicity really seems friend-zoned here.

(edited)
21 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I wonder if Oliver is basically burning his bridges with ARGUS with this move. Sounds like he promised Boomerang he'd walk if he helps with Chase. Same deal with Slade, I'm guessing?

He did just break someone out of their custody while Lyla was gone (even though Felicity had to apologize for the same thing and Hackman didn't even kill anyone afawk..?)

ARGUS as the S6 big bad would be so cool if Lyla is removed for letting 4 high value prisoners escape on her watch. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
Just now, statsgirl said:

"Slade has my friends [Felicity, Dinah&Rene] and my family [Thea]."  I guess I should grab onto the Olicity goodness from Missing because Felicity really seems friend-zoned here.

He was telling Slade that Chase was holding them captive ("he's holding my friends and family all hostage"). I think that he would avoid going into intimate details about his rekindling romance with Felicity with a man who had full intentions on murdering her because of that in the first place.

• Love 6

It would have also been weird to say he has taken his friends, family and his ex fiancée who is his hypothetical girlfriend now and he plans to marry as soon as she seems on board, LOL. And I imagine showing Felicity when he says "friends" is on who put the promo together, not on the writers.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, way2interested said:

He was telling Slade that Chase was holding them captive ("he's holding my friends and family all hostage"). I think that he would avoid going into intimate details about his rekindling romance with Felicity with a man who had full intentions on murdering her because of that in the first place.

Yeah, I saw nothing wrong with that. He's not going to be like, "Well, he took my ex-fiancee I'm dating again, the guy I consider my brother, my sister, my deputy mayor - oh yeah, I'm mayor BTW - and these three new recruits for my team." Plus, these promos are cut by the CW.

• Love 4

That picture gave me 3x23 deja vu feels.  Although we did get two very similar pictures with Thea and Oliver.

I'm sure it was the promo person who put Felicity in the "friends" category.  I'm just trying to manage my expectations. And if we do get Oliver and Felicity together at the end of the episode, all the cute "getting to know  you again" stuff will of course happen during the hiatus. It always does.

• Love 1

I think if one can accept Oliver asking the man who killed his mother and the man who killed his father for help (and who both have outstanding threats against him), that him calling Felicity his friend is probably not that big a deal? 

• Love 2

I feel like Oliver's plan to work with Slade and Boomerang has to backfire on him, if only because of the Oliver vs. Chase in the photos. There has to be something else coming up after it, whether it's something involving where William is or one or more of the villains on Oliver's side betraying him. Even with a deal in place, I can't see that going as Oliver plans.

• Love 3
(edited)

The sticking point for me is that, so far, Chase hasn't done anything worse than Merlyn or Slade so expecting a taiphoon of shoes to pour down on Oliver. 

Maybe Slade takes Thea or Felicity as the cliffhanger? 

Also does Samantha know Merlyn orchestrated Boy's first* kidnapping? I hope she throws a shoe at him. 

*sigh can't believe I had to specify that 

Edited by leopardprint

That pictures reminds me of 3x23 and also 2x21 in the alternate bunker as Oliver decides to sacrifice himself to Slade.  It must be May as  "I have to sacrifice myself" Oliver gives Felicity the heart eyes.

I'm going to be very disappointed if t here is no Chase vs Felicity confrontation.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

The sticking point for me is that, so far, Chase hasn't done anything worse than Merlyn or Slade so expecting a taiphoon of shoes to pour down on Oliver. 

Maybe Slade takes Thea or Felicity as the cliffhanger? 

Also does Samantha know Merlyn orchestrated Boy's first* kidnapping? I hope she throws a shoe at him. 

*sigh can't believe I had to specify that 

She should throw herself a shoe since she taught her kid to trust men he has never seen before..

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm going to be very disappointed if t here is no Chase vs Felicity confrontation.

So am I, but I feel like the focus is going to be on the fighters, so we might have to accept that the "Ms. Smoak" is all we'll get.  

It's very possible that the finale picks up with them already in those cages, Chase elsewhere, and the only possible Felicity/Chase interaction would then come after Oliver defeats him? And it seems very unlikely that it would happen then? 

• Love 1