Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Since they are talking up the finale as Oliver deciding to put his promise to his father in the past and start a new legacy maybe by 522 it seems like Chase is contained only for everyone to get dragged to the island.

1 hour ago, Hiveminder said:

Seriously, WTF? Was that really necessary? They couldn't just have him tape up a picture of himself? Was a life sized cardboard cutout not extra enough?

There is no such thing as "too extra" for Chase 

• Love 8
Just now, BkWurm1 said:

Since they are talking up the finale as Oliver deciding to put his promise to his father in the past and start a new legacy maybe by 522 it seems like Chase is contained only for everyone to get dragged to the island.

So I guess maybe they catch could catch Chase at the end of next week, and that's why they become concerned with other things like Rene's kid, Oliver's birthday, and Black Siren (especially if Black Siren is trying to break Chase out). And then by the end of 522, they break Chase out and then Chase's group kidnaps the rest of the team.

• Love 4
(edited)
39 minutes ago, way2interested said:

So I guess maybe they catch could catch Chase at the end of next week, and that's why they become concerned with other things like Rene's kid, Oliver's birthday, and Black Siren (especially if Black Siren is trying to break Chase out). And then by the end of 522, they break Chase out and then Chase's group kidnaps the rest of the team.

Yeah, that is what I'm thinking.  Arrow does have a habit of doing back to back episodes that could have been a finale if the show would just stop writing new episodes for that season (Like Felicity stopping the nukes in one episodes only for them to pop back up in the next.  

I am curious though how William could play into this.  It would be hilarious if Chase really did used to date Samantha and instead of kidnapping Willy, he passes that first visit off as just an old friend in the area that recognized her and her kid.  For all we know the reason he knew about William could be that he actually knew Samantha while she was raising the kid.   

Edited by BkWurm1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Wouldn't Chase being Prometheus be on the news though? A former DA turned serial killer seems something good reporters like Susan should tell the public about, LOL

That only matters if she was paying attention. Another serial killer in Star City might not even make the national news feed, it's so common a thing. And she would have known him by a different name, the one he went by before he went evil.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1
Just now, BkWurm1 said:

I am curious though how William could play into this.  

Part of me still thinks that his part would just be in 521. Like, Oliver and Felicity actually do check to see if Chase went after William, find out that he did, and then Oliver decides to face Chase in his GA suit and that's how William finds out that Oliver is his dad/the GA. Then he ultimately beats Chase and some father theme is passed around while the rest of the team is dealing with the other released criminals/Sampson. And then in the finale Samantha's the one that's kidnapped, not both her and William. It's probably not right, but that was my first feeling about how it would go down.

4 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

That only matters if she was paying attention. Another serial killer in Star City might not even make the national news feed, it's so common a thing. And she would have known him by a different name, the one he went by before he went evil.  

Yeah but he can't change his face..I find it hard to believe they wouldn't broadcast a pic of a serial killer on the loose to alert people to stay away and call the police if they see him around..

(edited)
36 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I am curious though how William could play into this.  It would be hilarious if Chase really did used to date Samantha and instead of kidnapping Willy, he passes that first visit off as just an old friend in the area that recognized her and her kid.  For all we know the reason he knew about William could be that he actually knew Samantha while she was raising the kid.  

What if Chase is like, "this kid is too dumb to be mine, he's clearly Oliver's." 

I think he told him he was a friend of his father's though. 

I think something like what @way2interested describes is likely, maybe Chase needs all his pieces in the same location before playing his final move? Or he wants Oliver's kid to see Oliver as a killer not a hero so he's set something up where Oliver will have to rescue William but hurt Samantha or other innocent people? 

Samantha is the most blasé "good" mom in the history of TV moms. I would have put google alerts on every member of Team Arrow and their cousin, in addition to micro chipping that kid like a feral kitten. Someone needs to buy her The Gift of Fear and the accompanying coloring book for William. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Yeah but he can't change his face..I find it hard to believe they wouldn't broadcast a pic of a serial killer on the loose to alert people to stay away and call the police if they see him around..

Well maybe it's not only the Queen DNA that makes William so gullible. ;)

• Love 5
Just now, leopardprint said:

I think something like what @way2interested describes is likely, maybe Chase needs all his pieces in the same location before playing his final move? Or he wants Oliver's kid to see Oliver as a killer not a hero so he's set something up where Oliver will have to rescue William but hurt Samantha or other innocent people? 

The GA is already considered a murderer in the public eye, so just getting Oliver to put on the suit and having William finding out that Oliver is his dad and the GA is enough.

(edited)

GA did rescue William though, so I think he could still view him as a hero as in, "everyone says you're bad but you're my hero" cue Oliver crying manly tears of paternal devotion. I do think you are on to something with Oliver putting the GA suit back on, good catch. 

I think Chase would love the psychological torture of turning Oliver's son against him and the Green Arrow. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1

So that scene where Chase cements Oliver and Dig actually takes place in 521, not 522 as I thought. It makes more sense with the GA suit coming back into play then, although I still expected it to happen in the finale. I guess the thread that's supposed carry through the finale is now Oliver discovering who he is.

Also, apparently WD and Dinah will be the point people on Sampson.

1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

That only matters if she was paying attention. Another serial killer in Star City might not even make the national news feed, it's so common a thing.

Not just Star City though. It's sadly a commentary on the nation itself.

1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

Samantha is the most blasé "good" mom in the history of TV moms. I would have put google alerts on every member of Team Arrow and their cousin, in addition to micro chipping that kid like a feral kitten. Someone needs to buy her The Gift of Fear and the accompanying coloring book for William.

LOL at the colouring book for William.  Do you think it would get through?

I hope they continue the "trying to prove Oliver is a killer not a hero" thread. It's something that makes Chase unique amongst Oliver's Bad Bads.

Maybe he wants to show William that Oliver isn't going to rescue him when he has the chance?

(edited)

I'd guess 522. They're pushing it as "the lull before the storm" episode, so I think any relationship stuff would be covered then because the finale will be too busy with the 10 million guest stars and 'splosions.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 8

The cliffhanger spoilers makes me uneasy! 

I think it's looking like they (Olicity) will be separated by circumstances! Aiiiiiiiiiii

I'm not sure how I will handle that! Just let me be happy show!!!!!

That's what I'm kind of hoping for. That Oliver figures out who the heck he is or what kind of man he is by 522 so it's not stuffed into what seems to be an overpacked finale. I think it would also make sense narrative wise for Oliver to know exactly what he's fighting for in the finale. As much as I liked seeing Oliver & Felicity riding off into the sunset in S3, I felt cheated by the way they rushed it. I want more of a breathing room this time, especially after the misery of this season (for me, might not be for everybody). Resolve emotional things in 522, including Olicity. Then give me a nice epilogue in 523.

• Love 11
(edited)

There's no exploding boat confirmed, I think, but exploding ?? 

Here's my question there is a 523 photo with Oliver in regular clothes then there is another 523 BTS photo in the GA suit, so at some point in the episode while on the Island, he changes? Priorities, dude. 

Edited by leopardprint
10 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Here's my question there is a 523 photo with Oliver in regular clothes then there is another 523 BTS photo in the GA suit, so at some point in the episode while on the Island, he changes? Priorities, dude. 

Maybe Chase somehow has his GA suit and leaves it for him with a note to change? (Not really serious about this, but it would be kind of hilarious. "I know you're worried about all your friends and family right now, but you need to take the time for a wardrobe change. Sincerely, Prometheus Adrian Chase Simon Mo- Just do it.")

I figure he was waiting to get to the island to change and decided he'd finish his recruiting first?

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Talia has her ninja students for faceless henchmen battling.

Yeah, but they suck. The scene where Oliver visits Talia in the mountains was comical. He took out a whole posse of them in less than 20 seconds. 

(edited)

She's not going to send the minions against Oliver, though. They're going to keep the others busy. In the sizzle reel it looks like one of them knocks down Felicity.

Edited by lemotomato
(edited)

That's not really a fair fight, is it? I mean BS, Artemis and Talia and her minions? Talia versus Nyssa at least should provide awesome fighting. I may not like Tinah but seeing as how BS was never shown to have any skills past screeching, Tinah should be able to make short work of her with her pool cue. I expect Thea to knock out Artemis with one punch (even with Prometheus spending time with Artemis, it's never going to be like the training Thea got with Merlyn).  That's awfully lopsided, isn't it? I mean, what's Wild Dog, Curtis, Spartan, Merlyn, Harkness and Slade supposed to be doing? Being wasted on the minions? Am I missing characters?

Edited by SmallScreenDiva

tumblr_inline_okgw14f8By1r0g9is_500.gif

Girl knows how to throw down. 

If Prometheus taught Artemis how to fight at all, it would still be good enough to fight Thea imo, especially after basically an entire year. We don't know what kind of teacher he is. 

Which sucks since they could've given Artemis a decent descent into darkness storyline and show her relationship with Prometheus to give her some kind of development.  

• Love 1

Barry doesn't do hand to hand combat. That was a really basic move so I'm not really impressed by that. Which makes me wonder what the BS/BC throwdown will be like. Will it be incessant and continuous annoying screeching? Lord I hope not. I'd rather see them do hand to hand combat even though it's not in either of the actress' wheelhouse (and it shows). 

It almost seems like most people will be paired off... 

Adrian/Oliver
BS/BC
Talia/Nyssa

Curious to see who else will be paired off. But I'm mostly excited for the Oliver/Adrian and Talia/Nyssa face off. it'll be epic. 

• Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I find Dinah looks decent when she's fighting. No flailing around at least!

She's alright... I do hope she continues to train (as in learn different styles of fighting) during the summer instead of just focus on weights and boxing... That clearly didn't work for KC and her ability to elevate her fight scenes. 

Also something completely random... Out of all the complaints I don't understand why people complain about women's hair being loose in the field. I was told it's better that way so people can't grab onto your hair as easily so it wasn't that big of a problem for me

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I find Dinah looks decent when she's fighting. No flailing around at least!

No flailing or telegraphing but definitely needs to work on her power poses. Battle hair is on point?.

Do BS and BC have different screeches? How will we tell them apart?

So Oliver, who was trained by Talia, can beat Nyssa but now presumably Nyssa will beat Talia? They need to get their skill levels locked down. 

Edited by leopardprint
(edited)

They do use different sound effects for the two and DDs scream is a lot softer looking while Sirens is more defined, though who knows if they'll bother when they are together.

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 2

@leopardprintI find that if I don't watch Sara on LoT, Dinah looks perfectly decent fighting.

Since we are on the Island I wonder what Felicity will use to whack random villains with? No van to drive! It's like a custom every year that she whacks down some villains with makeshift weapons! I'm thinking branches this year! Possibly rocks!

• Love 1

Out of all the complaints I don't understand why people complain about women's hair being loose in the field. I was told it's better that way so people can't grab onto your hair as easily

For me, it was more dangerous to wear my hair down in hand-to-hand fights because it could get in the way, get easily caught on weapons, or become a distraction in my field of vision.  It made it difficult to sense the opponent's possible movement, particularly attacks from the side or behind, because I would see movement out of the corner of my eye - I remember thinking: was it my long dark hair that moved or was it the shadow of my opponent?  so I always have my hair in a bun to avoid the distraction.

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

For me, it was more dangerous to wear my hair down in hand-to-hand fights because it could get in the way, get easily caught on weapons, or become a distraction in my field of vision.  It made it difficult to sense the opponent's possible movement, particularly attacks from the side or behind, because I would see movement out of the corner of my eye - I remember thinking: was it my long dark hair that moved or was it the shadow of my opponent?  so I always have my hair in a bun to avoid the distraction.

Short or tucked in a bun really would be the ideal but loose longer hair is better than an easy to grab ponytail or braid.  But yeah, I have trouble seeing when I bend over and all my hair falls in front of my face, I can't imagine it not messing my line of sight if I was in a battle. 

• Love 5
(edited)

A french braid is my go-to work hair whether it's exercise or writing at a computer.When it's loose it gets in my way and is distracting.

But It doesn't look nearly as sexy as a Canary's hair when it's swinging in a fight.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3
(edited)

The hair thing bothers me a lot less than fighting in high heels and you can almost always see the cuts between the actress in heels and the stuntwoman in flats. Arrow, I think only had Helena in heels, so they're definitely not the worst offenders. 

I would think Dinah's chain would be more of a combat liability than her hair.

So it looks like from the 521 photos that Diggle and Oliver are in some sort of cement trap to parallel the body that gets sent to the office?

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2

This is more casting spoiler than anything else, but apparently Katie Cassidy is coming back as a regular next season.  My thing is that I really like Juliana Harkavy as the new Black Canary.  She's smart, tough and behaves like a grown up fucking adult woman instead of a junior high girl pining for a crush.  I'm getting kind of preemptively angry that she'll get killed off to make room for Cassidy's return.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

JH is also a regular next season and so far, it seems as if Black Siren will remain a villain. 

Okay, I feel relieved and slightly silly now.  That's great.  Juliana Harkavy is awesome as Black Canary, and Katie Cassidy is so much better as a bitchy villain than a whiny heroine.

38 minutes ago, johntfs said:

This is more casting spoiler than anything else, but apparently Katie Cassidy is coming back as a regular next season.  My thing is that I really like Juliana Harkavy as the new Black Canary.  She's smart, tough and behaves like a grown up fucking adult woman instead of a junior high girl pining for a crush.  I'm getting kind of preemptively angry that she'll get killed off to make room for Cassidy's return.

I feel confident that she's not getting killed off.  I feel certain that bringing back BS is meant to service and advance JH's story.  I never say never because outside show stuff could happen, but I don't see anything IN show to suggest they would replace JH or reannoint KC as BC.  

• Love 1

I dont think they are going to waste Katie or Siren propping up DD. I think we'll see a fully realized character especially with them exploring her origins. Plus we get the possibility of laurel flashbacks! Hallelujah.

(edited)

They should just keep BS a bitchy character. Its what KC plays best, or at least makes her not go in the robot mode like she did with LL. 

Of course they would use BS/Katie to prop up the new BC. Their little arc is gonna be the reason Dinah takes on the mantle of Black Canary. 

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 2