Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I swear I remember reading something somewhere a few weeks ago that implied pretty heavily that Olicity weren't going to be back together by the end of the season? I wanna say it was something DR said at con? I can't for the life of me remember now and I've read so many interview exercerpts and con recaps etc at this point its all a blur. Anyways, whatever it was, I wasn't expecting Olicity to be together by the end of the finale anyway, so I'm not surprised. Whether I'll care enough to tune back in next season is a whole nother matter...

Well there was talk of an explosion. MG dismissed the theory of the team being on a boat and it exploding.  It doesn't mean Baby Mama and son aren't on a boat that explodes.  WM said something about not the family we're thinking of.  I would think only boy survives, if we even know, because of SA saying "but then how" .....can he be GA if he is a single father?  Cue 6.01 flashbacks to explain what happens.

I think Anna is going to be Chase's girlfriend that went home with Oliver 12 years ago. Chase is aware of kid's existence because he knew she got pregnant and was probably aware of what happened in S4 with Dhark.

• Love 3

I really hope that was just Chase lying about the girlfriend. Samantha was friends with Laurel so wouldn't they have known her BF? On the plus side, can never complain about Olicity being the soap opera element again. 

I already think Chase kidnapping everyone Oliver knows and transporting them to  Lian Yu is silly enough. I'm hoping it more like he kidnaps Felicity or Thea and William and wants to make Oliver choose who he can save so he splits the team up for the rescue. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2

The girlfriend well may have been a lie and a way of Chase getting Oliver to trust him as an old friend.

They need to have Olicity together to hold the shippers over the hiatus.  Some may come back even if they're not together but I suspect most are pretty fed up with this season and don't care enough to come back for another season of Team B and Black Siren.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

They need to have Olicity together to hold the shippers over the hiatus.  Some may come back even if they're not together but I suspect most are pretty fed up with this season and don't care enough to come back for another season of Team B and Black Siren.

Agree with you but when have they done rational things that they're supposed to do. 

Will you come back if no Olicity?

19 minutes ago, pillow mountains said:

I swear I remember reading something somewhere a few weeks ago that implied pretty heavily that Olicity weren't going to be back together by the end of the season? I wanna say it was something DR said at con

DR told a fan at HVFF in Chicago that they get back together and implied it was before the finale. If they do, it would have to be because it sounds like 523 is going to be action packed. 

7 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I already think Chase kidnapping everyone Oliver knows and transporting them to  Lian Yu is silly enough. 

The only way it makes sense is if he kidnaps them all from one place (like Oliver's bday party). But I just read a spec that says maybe William gets kidnapped (hence the Missing title) and everyone goes to the island to save him. There was apparently a casting call for a teacher and a principal so maybe that's for a scene when Samantha and/or Oliver find out he's gone?

• Love 2

If the real motivation of this season's Big Bad is that Samantha was his girlfriend and he resents Oliver for knocking her up, the baby mama garbage fire will have successfully destroyed every good thing about the show.

I can't imagine they'd do something that hackneyed, but I can list a half dozen things that seemed improbable only to have them show up the next Wednesday, so I guess I'll see.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Trisha said:

The only way it makes sense is if he kidnaps them all from one place (like Oliver's bday party). But I just read a spec that says maybe William gets kidnapped (hence the Missing title) and everyone goes to the island to save him. There was apparently a casting call for a teacher and a principal so maybe that's for a scene when Samantha and/or Oliver find out he's gone?

Ok, I hope not because that means that someone who wants to destroy Oliver directly threatened William and Oliver did nothing about it FOR THE SECOND TIME? 

Samantha should deny visitation on the grounds of Oliver's sheer stupidity. 

Edited by leopardprint

It would be so funny if Malcolm kidnapped William for a second time, and William just went with him.  A true son of Oliver's.

It would make sense that if they are going to put Oliver and Felicity together this season, that it would happen in the penultimate episode so as not to slow down the action! action! action! of the finale.

27 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

If it were just the show, I'd probably watch intermittently like I do with Supergirl this season, checking the spoilers to see if it's about a character I cared about and skipping the show if it's not.  But the people on this board are awesome and that would probably suck me back in.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I don't know if I will come back even if there is Olicity. The show is called Arrow and is about Oliver Queen. They have made him so dumb and so unsympathetic this season that I don't know if I can watch much more of him. The writers seem to think because they've improved the action sequences they can continue on with him like this, but without his personal connections to Thea, Diggle and Felicity, he's very one note and I find it hard to care about him when he's barely shown caring for other people or caring for people he shouldn't care about. I still have hopes for some sort of turn around in 519 and he talks to Felicity about what a bad friend he's been. 

ETA: If they kill off Samantha, I don't think they'll leave Olicity ambiguous because I just don't see these writers interested in Single Dad Oliver stories, unless that's the big twist. And I could see Felicity getting saddled with William for S6 and MG saying, "You wanted them to have kids, why are you complaining?! Now she's involved!" 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 16
20 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

If he also said for sure for some babies I wouldnt take anything he said seriously.

"sure" is a "why not" which is more ambiguous than a definite "They get back together" lol

And I know Laura - I trust her.  She doesn't sugarcoat - so if she says he heavily implied it then I believe her.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 5

I need a scene where Samantha is running around the island and bumps into BS and is like

"Laurel?........OMG, it's great to see that you didn't actually die, look I just want to apoligise again for betraying our friendship by sleeping with your boyfriend and having his child...........Laurel? You look mad. Oh, you must just be tired, that's quite some yawn.....

BS: SREEEEEEEACH.

• Love 20
4 hours ago, leopardprint said:

Single Dad Oliver stories, unless that's the big twist. 

6x01 The forgotten (lunch) box

6x02 The (teacher's) conference

I imagine now that the show cannot do islands flashbacks anymore, they chose to rebrand it. And after seeing Fuller House on Netflix, they knew which direction to take.

But seriously the BMD was one of the worst storylines and apart from SA and MG nobody cared at all. Why would you bring it back over and over again? Maybe that is the show's unofficial motto: If you liked it, forget about it! But if you hated it, it will haunt you forever until you give up watching! 

• Love 20

I have a head cold so I'm not even going to approach round 30000 of Olicity is never getting back together- despite everyone on the show talking in the contrary of that. Can't wait for the sizzle reel and the rest of the season to play out.

Come on Marc release the damn thing! Please and Thankyou :) xoxo

• Love 2

Nobody cared because they didn't care to show Oliver's relationship with his kid in the first place. We were supposed to believe he was important to Oliver because he is his kid and care too but the audience needs to be shown why he is important to connect with the character. I'll care for him as much as I care for the newbies, so nothing at all. I don't even think we will see Oliver be a dad on screen.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Unless he's seen the script, how can Ken know what happens?  Much less whether Oliver and Felicity end the season together or not.

That said, yes, I can see MG and WM being such idiots to leave them in limbo again because it worked so well this season. [/sarcasm]

Im almost sure an olicity reconciliation will be heavily teased towards the finale of the season. If oliver and felicity have a small chat about trying things again in the future,Ken wouldnt know unless he reads the scripts. Ken didnt even know about KC returning as  regular for next season. He probably knows that Olicity wont be officially together by end of season which i kind of expect tbh. Doesnt mean by start of s6 they wont be shown extra close to one another in a s3 premiere type of way. 

22 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

I'm almost sure an olicity reconciliation will be heavily teased towards the finale of the season. If oliver and felicity have a small chat about trying things again in the future,Ken wouldnt know unless he reads the scripts. Ken didnt even know about KC returning as  regular for next season. He probably knows that Olicity wont be officially together by end of season which i kind of expect tbh. Doesnt mean by start of s6 they wont be shown extra close to one another in a s3 premiere type of way. 

As someone mentioned before, it sounds like he just gets the shooting breakdown with a line or two about the scene but not a full scene description. So unless it says "Oliver and Felicity reunite" maybe he doesn't know? It could be vague like "Oliver and Felicity come to an understanding."

I'm going to have a really hard time with this show if they don't officially reunite by the finale. It's one thing for them to be extra flirty in 301, but after being engaged I don't want to see another round of 'will-they/won't they' in 601; and I certainly need more than that before the hiatus. I'm clinging to my hope that they wouldn't be dumb enough to bring back KC without making whatever character she plays clearly off-limits to Oliver. 

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

If I understood right he says he knows they aren't getting back together in 520 (that's what MG said as well so no surprise) and hopes they won't. But for the last episodes his guess is as good as ours.

On Twitter he said "from what I can tell nothing really happens past 20" with regards to Olicity and in DMs he reportedly said they aren't officially together by the end of the season. But he might not know everything. He spoiled 320 before anyone but he was also convinced KC wasn't returning full time so he's not always right. 

I think Olicity ending up in a good place this season is a forgone conclusion with everything we've heard so far and knowing there's an entire ep dedicated to their relationship. It's more a question of whether they're on the road to reconciliation at the end of 523 or whether it actually happens before the season closes. I'm going to need the latter. 

SA seems happy about whatever it is:

Edited by Trisha
28 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

If I understood right he says he knows they aren't getting back together in 520 (that's what MG said as well so no surprise) and hopes they won't. But for the last episodes his guess is as good as ours.

Pretty much. He said they aren't back in 520 and they do have scenes together after that but, nothing as major as 520 where they're locked in a room together. He's assuming they don't get back together, not that he knows they don't. He's also mentioned that he doesn't follow Arrow news (interviews/spoilers/con reports). So he doesn't know what MG or DR or anyone else has said about Olicity in S5.

Ken gets most of his information from call sheets and hearing what's filming on location. I'm sure he (and other paps) probably talk to crew or overhear crew chatter and, can put 2 and 2 together but the guy doesn't know everything that happens (which all of the paps have admitted). 

• Love 8

If the writer's strike does take place, which seems likely at this point, we might have to wait even longer for any storyline to be resolved. So I hope the cliffhanger won't be too harsh or Olicity might not be left completely in limbo.

• Love 1

UGH on bringing back BM and Spawn!  Have the EPs learned nothing from last season? Are they deliberately trying to kill the show's ratings?

Regarding SA's tweet comparing 523 to 115, episode 115 was the"Dodger" episode, which was a great OTA episode with a lot of classic Olicity moments. Felicity had just agreed to join Team Arrow on a provisional basis to find Walter, but in this episode she balks when Oliver wants to target a guy who's a widowed father of a 10-year old boy. She tells Oliver that he could do some real good in the city, and Oliver tells Felicity that she’s not the only one who knows how to reboot his system. She quits. Oliver and Diggle go to visit her at her workplace, and Oliver tells her that he only warned the guy and didn't kill him. He also tells her that he's going to make an exception and go after someone not on his list - a hostage-taking jewel thief. At the diner, Oliver and Felicity have their classic exchange about how he catches the bad guy (Oliver: “Hmm. It's not how I typically get my information.” Felicity: “How do you typically do it?” Oliver: “I find the person. And then I put the fear of God into them until they talk. But we can try your way.”) OTA uses a Queen brooch to lure the jewel thief at a fundraising auction. Oliver sees Felicity for the first time all dressed up in a gold mini dress, with her hair down and no glasses. The Dodger puts the explosive collar on Felicity, but Oliver saves her by zapping the thief and telling him that he's not Robin Hood. This episode also introduces Roy Harper (CH) when he snatches Thea's purse. This episode also has Oliver going on a date with Detective McKenna Hall (JG).

For me, 115 was memorable because it was the first time Felicity's moral conscience influenced Oliver's actions, it was the first time Oliver deviated from his list by not killing and by going after a criminal who's not on the list, and it was the first time Oliver saw Felicity in a different light.  But I'm puzzled as to why SA is comparing it to 523.

ETA: Nevermind. I misread SA's tweet.

Edited by tv echo
23 minutes ago, Belinea said:

If the writer's strike does take place, which seems likely at this point, we might have to wait even longer for any storyline to be resolved. So I hope the cliffhanger won't be too harsh or Olicity might not be left completely in limbo.

Maybe, maybe not a big difference between now and 2007 is the New Media Content, which should give the Studios pause. WGA is voting to Authorize a Strike which is a good bargaining tool. Hopefully this brings the parties back to the table because it doesn't seem like WGA demands are unreasonable. 

3 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Regarding SA's tweet comparing 523 to 115, episode 115 was the"Dodger" episode, which was a great OTA episode with a lot of classic Olicity moments. 

He isn't comparing 523 to 115. 523 is the 115 Arrow episode produced.

• Love 1

Uuuugh that BMD story is like a real bad fanfic that they must write for themselves and they are the only people who enjoy it, except this is not AO3 and we have to watch this!!!!

Any chance they'd have the decency to recast that awful actor who plays William? As a rule I don't like kiddy stories but one of my favourite shows ever, Fresh Off the Boat has 3 wonderful kids who feature heavily in plots and they are brilliant.

Surely it is not hard to find a decent child actor! Is 10yo William going to look stupid and stare around vacantly while they act out a cheesy scene around him?

Is it even the kid actor's fault or are they instructing him to act like he's got developmental delays?

Why why why must we circle back to this plot again!!!!!

ETA: I hate that plot so much it's getting me down and killing the excitement I've regained in the past month. 

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, looptab said:

Stephen gets so excited whenever that shit story is brought up that I'm almost certain I'm going to hate the finale. I mean, he was talking up 415 as well.

4x15 was awful. 4x16 tanked mainly because of this.

• Love 3

Idk if they are going to touch on the kid all that much even if he is the one who ends up being kidnapped (which, if happening, ugh, it's already 1, repeating a plot point and 2, making the same mistake as 515/516 in placing emotional stakes in the fate of a character who we only "care" about because Oliver's supposed to care about them, except it's supposed to be bigger since this is the finale), since Ken didn't even know why Anna Hopkins was there and has been keeping tabs on the finale shooting. It might all be clear cut and dry like that, but I would have figured it would have been something evident before the last 1-2 days of filming. 

Idk, it's the mix of from 409-413 them only referencing the kid once (and not even the kid, just the traveling to Central City line) and then post-415 (not counting Felicity's illegitimate kid line to Diggle) not even mentioning the kid until 516 kind of tells me that they aren't going to try to do too much focus unless completely unavoidable.

I'm annoyed this storyline is getting brought up again, I don't think its needed at all. Imo it makes sense he got sent away because Oliver's life is too dangerous, the kid doesn't know him and has a happy life anyway and he can't protect William like Digg and Lyla can their kid. It's imo selfish to bring a kid into that just because Oliver wants to be a father to him. And it's stupid of this show to expect people to invest in this plot device kid. So I hope this is a one off and he gets sent away again. But it's still time wasted in a overcrowded finale on a repeat storyline if he's kidnapped again. 

• Love 4

It's also difficult because he isn't a baby. Dig's kid can be off screen protected by his mom or ARGUS but Oliver's kid is ten so he has to go to school, probably wants to play sports with his friends..they can't lock him somewhere most of the day and night because Oliver is busy but also if they don't he would be in constant danger.

• Love 1

Why is William being kidnapped again?  It not only makes Oliver look like an idiot to have it happen twice, it reminds everyone of a storyline that like Susan, brought the fandom together in hating it.

5 hours ago, Belinea said:

6x01 The forgotten (lunch) box

6x02 The (teacher's) conference

This makes the Olicity at Bed, Bath and Beyond look like gripping television.

An Olicity reconciliation moment may be so minor in terms of time, it doesn't even have to be in the scene breakdown e.g. they take a moment while fighting the Bad Guys to say "Does that mean you'll take another chance on me?" " You bet".  In that case, there is no reason to put it in the scene breakdown because the scene itself is about something else.

I just then need established together by the end of the season. No more b.s. like in 4x23.

2 hours ago, Trisha said:

As someone mentioned before, it sounds like he just gets the shooting breakdown with a line or two about the scene but not a full scene description. So unless it says "Oliver and Felicity reunite" maybe he doesn't know? It could be vague like "Oliver and Felicity come to an understanding."

• Love 12

Another issue with S/W is that they suck up all the oxygen in the room. 523 is supposed to be the culmination of 5 seasons of Oliver's story so he's going to spend the whole episode running around screaming "I have to save my son!" for a character he spent one scene with and who is so important that 138 bad guys are going to help him. 523 should be about Oliver and the characters we have spent 115 episodes getting to know. 

Oliver can't multitask or hold more than one thought in his tiny little pea brain so I doubt 523 will be about anything except his stupid kid. I'm thinking 522 is where any relationship discussions will happen. 

14 MINUTES AGO, STATSGIRL SAID:

Why is William being kidnapped again? It not only makes Oliver look like an idiot to have it happen twice, it reminds everyone of a storyline that like Susan, brought the fandom together in hating it.

Not only will he have been kidnapped twice, but under the exact same circumstances with explicit forewarning! Stupid Oliver makes me smad. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 10

Merlyn's going to die saving William. Oliver will then plan a state funeral for him in Star City and commission a half melted statue to honor his paternal memory. In episode 611, Team Arrow will search for that special one handed person who can carry on his legacy and Felicity will present Dalcolm Derlyn* the sacred robot hand. 

*Dalcolm Derlyn to be played by CD

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 12

5x20 pics today or tomorrow?

2 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

I hope i can finally have my dream of them finally killing Merlyn. 

My first thought was that this was personal. Like he and Scott were adopting or something, but he did say it has nothing to do with Torchwood or Doctor Who and didn't mention Arrow. I love JB, but please get rid of Malcolm and send him off like a villain.

In the wrap field: EK, WH and JB. Anyone else?