Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

30 minutes ago, Belinea said:

I guess anything but what we have now is an improvement but honestly I am somewhat indifferent at the moment. They might be back together or they might not be. At this point, I just want the story to make sense. I think however that O/F's personal relationship will be back for season 6. I have a hard time believing there will once again be new love interests for either of them. 

I am leaning towards I don't want them to get back together in 520 that quickly post-520. I think Oliver needs to really explain why he basically abandoned Felicity when she did not do the same to him. I'm trying to think what could be the reason shown in the flashback for such lopsided treatment. I don't count "job well dones" or addressing your concerns to other people not named Felicity. I think repairing their friendship needs to come first. 

Edited by leopardprint
clarify meaning
  • Love 6
53 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Also, I don't even think that Oliver & Felicity will get back together this season. I think that post-520, they'll just be friendlier and more chatty, and less distant. (Prove me wrong, Arrow!)

To me nothing has changed about how I feel the season will end with Olicity. I'm pretty certain they're back together by 5X22 and the finale will give them a positive moment as confirmed by Marc and that moment could be as simple as them going on a date.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Reddit guy said 5x20 has 'implications'. DR implied they would be together before the finale.

Im thinking 5x22.

Me too. Probably right before the kidnapping/whatever kicks off the trip to Lian Yu/teaming up with villains/etc. 

• Love 1
Just now, Chaser said:

Reddit guy said 5x20 has 'implications'. DR implied they would be together before the finale.

Im thinking 5x22.

Yeah, and MG said that 520 plays into their relationship in 522. That, along with the idea of the team possibly getting kidnapped (Thea right after she comes back, Diggle right after whatever happens with Lyla, possibly right when Oliver and Felicity starting over again in 522?), makes me think that something else *good* for Oliver has to happen before something *bad* happens to him again.

• Love 2

It might be as simple as Oliver saying he wants to try again and Felicity says let's revisit this post-Chase, then knockout birthday cake, kidnapping, island shenanigans, daddy issues, Villains '12-'16 class reunion...etc.

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, leopardprint said:

Villains '12-'16 class reunion

Now I'm picturing them all standing around awkwardly wearing name tags (with name/code name). "So, what have you been up to since you were Oliver's #1 enemy?" And then trying to one-up each other. 

• Love 12

In response to someone's question upthread, 523 continues shooting until April 19 (if they stay on schedule). I noticed that none of these recent papp pics have included Team Arrow members other than Oliver.

Edited by tv echo

If it's just for one day, MB probably would rather have spent Easter with his kids.

MG was careful to say that if you're looking for Oliver and Felicity to get back together in 5x20, you're going to be disappointed.  I think he's trying to protect himself from the Olicity fandon backlash since he's going to get enough from the other side.  I'm still hoping for them to be together in 5x23 though.

2 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I miss season 2 Nyssa that needed no man and was a danger to everyone. I don't know how we went from that to her needing Oliver to take care of MM for her because he is the husband her father chose for her. Ugh.

I think Felicity might encourage him to have a relationship with his son because she knows how hard it is to grow up without a father..and I even agree that would be the right thing to do or at least the kid should know Oliver is his father and he is staying away because he loves him and wants to keep him safe. Still since it's fiction and not real life I'm more invested in my entertainment than in seeing Oliver do the right thing so if they could forget Oliver has a kid it would be great.

I will be shocked if they have Felicity talk about what it's like to grow up thinking  your father abandoned you. The writers seems to have forgotten all her abandonment issues. After all, they were way, way back in season 2.  I think Felicity will encourage Oliver to have a relationship with William because it's what's best for Oliver and secondarily William.  And it will also deflect some of the criticism from people still saying that Felicity forced Oliver to choose between his son and her.

Season 3 of Ra's really killed much of the mystique and power of Nyssa.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And it will also deflect some of the criticism from people still saying that Felicity forced Oliver to choose between his son and her.

People say this? ? How did they arrive at this conclusion since he sent the kid off without saying one word to her?

I wonder how Felicity comes to understand Oliver is she doesn't talk about her own experiences. With these writers though, I could totally see the conversation never addressing Felicity's feelings and just agreeing with Oliver. I'm guessing it will be more about keeping secrets and going to extreme lengths then?

ETA: I definitely don't want to see what amounts to a parenting pep talk from Felicity to Oliver. So far the spoilers make it sound more even handed than that. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

People say this? ? How did they arrive at this conclusion since he sent the kid off without saying one word to her?

There were several of these comments in reply to the tweet a couple of pages back if you want to look. But generally the feeling is that Felicity didn't love Oliver and one proof is that she was angry at him for lying to her when if he had not lied to her, he would not have been allowed to see his son.  So therefore she wanted Oliver to pick her over his son.

Notice that Samantha never gets any blame for setting the stakes.  It's all on Felicity for being unreasonable.  They really bought MG's rationale.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

Im thinking 5x22.

If we are to trust the guy that pretty much spoiled first KC's return as regular member for next season, then we can assume that Olicity will get back together by end of this season(ep22-23). Didnt he say that s6 starts with Olicity and BS? 

55 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

It might be as simple as Oliver saying he wants to try again and Felicity says let's revisit this post-Chase, then knockout birthday cake, kidnapping, island shenanigans, daddy issues, Villains '12-'16 class reunion...etc.

A girl that talks to MG said on twitter that Olicity are gonna kiss this season, in present time. I dont think they are gonna kiss in 5x20 in present time. I think they might kiss in 5x22 and have a small chat about trying things again. Then after chaos takes over and they eventually beat the villain,season ends implying they will try things again during hiatus. Starting next season with them being a couple.

4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Notice that Samantha never gets any blame for setting the stakes.  It's all on Felicity for being unreasonable.  They really bought MG's rationale.

Because nobody wanted her to be the bad guy. The people who made Felicity the bad guy in this story, they want her to be the bad guy and they will buy whatever in order to sell that notion. 

• Love 13

Yup they hate Felicity for having a spine basically. They hate the fact that she was able to walk away from Oliver and that he didn't break up with her so they put the blame on Felicity. She should've been more understanding and she has no right to want to be included in the decision over sending William away.

I'll never forget Samantha's line about how Oliver ran around  "...punching out paparazzi and getting young girls knocked up"
Lady, please, it takes two to tango and you tangoed with your friend's boyfriend. 

Oliver had to take all of Samantha's crap and Felicity has to take all of Oliver's crap?

If the spec is true that she's coming back, I wonder in what role. Like she's just going to pick up William after he's kidnapped? 

I wish Flashpoint had turned William into Baby Sara. 

Edited by leopardprint
exact quote
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, leopardprint said:

I think Oliver wants to save Felicity from becoming a monster like himself? I agree it's very hypocritical and it looks like Felicity will agree with them or apologize to them. Since the show keeps saying that Billy is the reason for this, it makes total sense she's pursuing Chase on her own. Also the show makes it look like Prometheus only became his priority since he started directly targeting Oliver first by kidnapping Susan then Oliver and threatening his family. Oliver has been too busy up until 515 so it makes perfect sense that Felicity would pursue other avenues of justice.  

I really don't see the show selling this. Showrunner interviews? Sure. But not really what's happening on screen. And for me, that's the show.

4 hours ago, ComicFan777 said:

Can you imagine how crazy Samantha would think Oliver is (if she's on the island kidnapped with William and everyone else)...given the people he teams up with...Nyssa (Oliver's ninja assassin "wife"), Slade (the man who killed Oliver's mother), Captain Boomerang (a guy who kills people with boomerangs), Malcolm (the one who took down half the Glades), and enemies like Talia (Oliver's crazy "sister-in-law" that wants Oliver to suffer), Chase (the throwing star killer), and Black Siren (crazy lady that looks remarkably like her old friend that can scream).

I wonder if Black Siren will walk in that weird drunken way with those crazy heels on the island, given the rough terrain.

Don't forget William's friendly kidnapper.

4 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Oliver's already told her he's not her husband. But she still keeps doing it, so either she really believes in the marriage because anything LOA is considered sacred, but then again the LOA has been disbanded. I'd love for Felicity, in a very dry, tired voice, to just say "Nyssa, stop it" and Nyssa goes, "OK" and that ends it forever.

This, please.

44 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

If we are to trust the guy that pretty much spoiled first KC's return as regular member for next season, then we can assume that Olicity will get back together by end of this season(ep22-23). Didnt he say that s6 starts with Olicity and BS? 

This is the first time I'm reading this.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

No.

15 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I think this is the tweet in question:

Yes that one. Looking at it he never said that season 6 starts with them. However I think whatever he knows is about the start of the season. 

Edited by theOAfc

I haven't read all the articles but has anyone got an actual quote from the producers saying Manu is coming back or are the articles based off Stephens tweet?

I know GATV said he got confirmation but he didn't include quotes. It makes me think maybe they were in negotiating process with Manu and he's pissed they went public before it was a done deal. 

Just now, LeighAn said:

I haven't read all the articles but has anyone got an actual quote from the producers saying Manu is coming back or are the articles based off Stephens tweet?

I can't remember which one - but one of the reporters said he actually confirmed it with the network.

2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I can't remember which one - but one of the reporters said he actually confirmed it with the network.

GreenArrowTV is the only one who I've seen say he had it confirmed- but that's all he wrote there was no quotes.

They said they had "sources" confirm it but not who the sources are. 

At this point Manu is an ass, who plays an overrated character that I'm fine if this is all one big pr stunt and he's not coming back *shrug*

(edited)
10 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

They said they had "sources" confirm it but not who the sources are. 

At this point Manu is an ass, who plays an overrated character that I'm fine if this is all one big pr stunt and he's not coming back *shrug*

Manu just showed up in Vancouver so I guess GATV, TV Guide, SA and MG were right.

Edited by Morrigan2575
1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'd much rather they find a way to keep JS's character alive so he can come back later. 

Josh is a total upgrade in my opinion both on and off screen.

• Love 12

You know what? I'm going to pretend that they're bringing Slade/Manu back just to kill his character off! That way, they don't have to deal with him anymore! 

Yeah, I used to love Slade. It's a shame Manu and his attitude on Twitter and other platforms has tainted my opinion for Slade as a character.

• Love 8

Lol what I would give to be a fly on the wall when he first arrives on set. He and Stephen need to do a video together. It was funny at the beginning but it did become annoying at the end, just happy it is done with now that he has arrived. With everyone basically being on set tomorrow, the big face off is probably what MG was waiting for.

5 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Is there a chance Roy comes back?

I dont think so.

27 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Maybe Prometheus is going to kill Slade. I think that would be pretty hilarious

Im pretty sure that Manu made sure to cross his i's and dot his t's this time around as far as his appearance on the show.

I was just watching the Brave and the Bold  on TNT.

Oliver is compelled to torture the dude in Hong Kong and he looks horrified by that thought. There is o no way that Oliver is the monster the show is trying to sell. No Way.

Also, this has me excited for the return of Nick Tarabay.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Unless 523 is going to be Oliver leaving Slade and Chase to battle it out on Lian Yu while he and Felicity elope to Bali, I'm going to guess that Slade's appearance isn't going to be worth this falderal. 

Clearly since the had some rando in a suit do most the work anyway.