Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

The number of people who seem to think that Samantha is okay and right because Oliver had sex with her shouldn't surprise me but ti does.  As much as I don't want, I hope that when Samantha shows up she and Felicity are BFFs just to put that trolling to rest.

I'd rather Samantha explain where that second check went if she shows up again. 

• Love 3
Just now, calliope1975 said:

It's not even fun, good-natured trolling that builds anticipation and suspense. It's just weird at this point. 

I read that he said that he wanted his return to be a secret if he ever came back, so I'm guessing he's trying to counteract it being ~spoiled. He would've been better off just going with it. This is just messy (and, like you wrote - weird).

• Love 5

He could've just said "Damn, I wanted to surprise everyone but I guess the news is out there now!" or something along those lines. Instead he just sounds like a dick. Sorry.

This is kind of starting to overshadow the buzz for 519/520 and the season finale for what will amount to less than 10 minutes of screen time. It's a one off appearance in an episode stuffed with other one off appearances. I am fairly certain 523 isn't going to center around Oliver vs Slade or Slade vs Chase. 

ETA: Unless...has Chase filmed yet? Maybe they take care of him in 522?

Edited by leopardprint

Maybe they're referring to Slade as the old friend. He was Oliver's friend once.

Could be Lyla.

As soon as they started filming outside, there is no way they could have kept Deathstroke's return a secret.

30 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I'd rather Samantha explain where that second check went if she shows up again. 

Pretty sure the writers have forgotten about that second cheque.  They seemed to have in s4.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

I tend to think of "old friend" as someone who hasn't been around recently, but I guess they could think of "old friend" as someone who has been a friend for a long time (and say five years is long enough to make her an "old friend," though I tend to think of those types of friends as being 10ish years)?

I wonder if it's just that they knew they wanted "new threat" in the promo and really wanted "old X"/"new Y." 

10 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

There would be no reason for Manu to pretend he's not coming back if he is given that apparently it was confirmed to reporters yesterday that he was, right?  

Unless he has a weird sense of humor. lol

9 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Using him as just a lifeless imaginative solider for a couple of seconds in the 100th is a lot different then using him in "real life".

Unless his cameo is very short in the season finale.

Marc answered more tumblr questions.

He said people's reaction to the finale cliff hanger will be "I can't believe they did that"- newsflash Marc we have that reaction almost every episode but it usually a roll eye worthy statement then a gasp shock one. 

He said that that word he would use to best describe Olicity in the last five episodes is understanding and the word he would use to describe their feelings in 5x20 is complicated. 

He said Tom Amandes/Noah will hopefully be back in season 6.

He also said the cliffhanger is not the boat exploding.

In other news: Someone directly asked Stephen on Facebook if he and Marc were trolling about Manu coming back for PR or if Manu was trolling by saying he's not coming back. Stephen didnt answer the question and just replied that people can tweet what they want. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, LeighAn said:

Marc answered more tumblr questions.

He also said the cliffhanger is not the boat exploding.

I saw the one which asks specifically about Oliver's loved ones getting on the boat to get them off Lian Yu and he watches it explode. Now, I don't think a boat will blow up, but if one does, MG still has a wide array of possibilities for this to happen.

I suppose the scene we're waiting for in order for them to cut the sizzle reel is the villain team up or whatever.

Why is it that MG's answers never fill me with excitement but more along the lines of disinterest and/or dread? Haha. Can he be quiet now? Shhhh, Guggie. Shush.

Unpopular opinion: I actually don't mind them anymore. As long as people don't ask him about anything political or controversial (which is where he truly lets his assholeish tendencies shine) I tend to enjoy his responses/teasing. I don't view it as baiting or whatever because it's clear he's rarely ever serious on tumblr. 

• Love 6

@Angel12d, I have the same reaction every time he starts up with the tumblring. IMG_2946.GIF.44e7bede29a7153869ccb293e1a69e90.GIF

He also basically confirmed that Nyssa/Oliver are still "married" for the jokes, because gay people being forced to marry in traditionally patriarchal societies is totally a thing that doesn't happen and it's totally hilarious when it does. :/ ?

4 hours ago, LeighAn said:

He said that that word he would use to best describe Olicity in the last five episodes is understanding and the word he would use to describe their feelings in 5x20 is complicated. 

It better be Oliver understanding that he's been a terrible friend to Felicity this season and not reciprocated the support she has shown him. I actually have some hopes that there will be some dialogue about this is 519. Fingers crossed. 

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

He also basically confirmed that Nyssa/Oliver are still "married" for the jokes, because gay people being forced to marry in traditionally patriarchal societies is totally a thing that doesn't happen and it's totally hilarious when it does. :/ ?

It better be Oliver understanding that he's been a terrible friend to Felicity this season and not reciprocated the support she has shown him. I actually have some hopes that there will be some dialogue about this is 519. Fingers crossed. 

Yeah, I really hope they end that "marriage" in Nyssa's "multiple episodes." Why should she be stuck in something that her father forced her into just so they can keep having her call Oliver "husband"? Nyssa didn't even get to kill her father like she wanted to, but she has to remain married to the man who took that from her? They could have her call him "husband" as a joke even without them being married, just as a reminder that they once were forced into it if they want to have that part of the dialogue so badly. 

I'm hoping you're right about the "understanding" for Oliver/Felicity, but haven't there been interview quotes about Felicity understanding Oliver? That makes me wary about what's to come. Hopefully it's both. 

I'm also hoping (but not expecting) we get at least one or two good Felicity/Diggle and Felicity/Thea scenes before the season's over. Felicity could use some support from people other than Oliver too. I just hope the show remembers that. 

I'm confused about what we are supposed to take from Oliver's actions...
- He teamed up with Bratva to take down Chase, but then TA stopped him.
- He is against Felicity teaming up with Helix to get info to take down Chase.
- He will most likely team up with old villains to take down Chase.
So, where is the line drawn?

Is the understanding in part about Felicity understanding why Oliver has chosen to do things the way he does (like teaming up with Malcolm), but she is not allowed to do that herself?

I think SA mentioned that Oliver will establish a stronger moral code.  What would that be?

• Love 1

I honestly have no idea how this will play out.

From the Diggle and Felicity conversation in the earlier episode and all the remarks about how Felicity is suppose to be his light, I find that Oliver and Diggle have a very hypocritical attitude towards Felicity. They have her on this pedestal. She is supposed to be sunshine and rainbows, only dabbling in sketchy stuff that they deem is suitable and not freak them out by doing anything dark on her own accord.

I am interested to see how they will handle this. 

• Love 13
36 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

So, where is the line drawn?

Thats the thing here. Everytime oliver crosses a  line the show tries too much to sell that he is making sacrifices for the greater good. Whenever someone else crosses lines,the show acts like they are losing their mind. Its only wrong when Oliver thinks its wrong. 

Edited by theOAfc
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I'm also hoping (but not expecting) we get at least one or two good Felicity/Diggle and Felicity/Thea scenes before the season's over. Felicity could use some support from people other than Oliver too. I just hope the show remembers that. 

I think there is a good chance for an F/D scene in 519 or at least an OTA scene. I think Diggle's support of Felicity may be the cause of the conflict between Lyla and Diggle. 

@ComicFan777, none of Oliver's decisions make any sense this season. Dating Susan? Shoot to kill order on GA? 

I think Oliver wants to save Felicity from becoming a monster like himself? I agree it's very hypocritical and it looks like Felicity will agree with them or apologize to them. Since the show keeps saying that Billy is the reason for this, it makes total sense she's pursuing Chase on her own. Also the show makes it look like Prometheus only became his priority since he started directly targeting Oliver first by kidnapping Susan then Oliver and threatening his family. Oliver has been too busy up until 515 so it makes perfect sense that Felicity would pursue other avenues of justice.  

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I think Oliver wants to save Felicity from becoming a monster like himself?

Yes - he's said this more than once this season - he's okay with crossing lines himself because he's a ~lost cause, but he doesn't want Felicity or Diggle doing that.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I don't even understand how it makes sense from the character's POV to bring up when her father forced her into a marriage to a straight man as if it was a good memory she likes to talk about. 

Didn't KL say at a con that she ad-libbed the husband references? If it wasn't her it was definitely MG who added it to the script, he loves to double down on the arcs that get the worst response.

I mean of all the things to bring back from last season, the rest of which they seem to have forgotten (see: Felicity as CEO, Felicity's paralysis, Olicity, everything involving Diggle), they're (presumably) bringing back the kid. MG is an idiot. 

• Love 4

Can you imagine how crazy Samantha would think Oliver is (if she's on the island kidnapped with William and everyone else)...given the people he teams up with...Nyssa (Oliver's ninja assassin "wife"), Slade (the man who killed Oliver's mother), Captain Boomerang (a guy who kills people with boomerangs), Malcolm (the one who took down half the Glades), and enemies like Talia (Oliver's crazy "sister-in-law" that wants Oliver to suffer), Chase (the throwing star killer), and Black Siren (crazy lady that looks remarkably like her old friend that can scream).

I wonder if Black Siren will walk in that weird drunken way with those crazy heels on the island, given the rough terrain.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

Can you imagine how crazy Samantha would think Oliver is (if she's on the island kidnapped with William and everyone else)

If she and William are kidnapped and that team-up gets them free, I doubt she'd care that much, haha.

21 minutes ago, DrSpaceman10 said:

Didn't KL say at a con that she ad-libbed the husband references? If it wasn't her it was definitely MG who added it to the script, he loves to double down on the arcs that get the worst response.

I mean of all the things to bring back from last season, the rest of which they seem to have forgotten (see: Felicity as CEO, Felicity's paralysis, Olicity, everything involving Diggle), they're (presumably) bringing back the kid. MG is an idiot. 

I remember her joking about that but I don't remember the specifics..either way MG just said there will be more jokes so even if it was her initially now it's him too.

The thing is if they think a gay woman being forced in a marriage with a straight man by her father is hilarious that's one thing (that I find questionable and leaves me baffled personally) but what I was saying I don't think it makes sense for Nyssa to joke about it. I could see Talia for example making a joke to annoy her but for Nyssa having to marry Oliver must have been humiliating so why would she keep bringing that up? It didn't make sense to me last year and it doesn't make sense to me now. I think sometimes MG doesn't think about what would make sense for the characters to do/say.

• Love 6

I was thinking more like after this event...Do you think Samantha would be ok with Oliver visiting William again (if he wants to re-establish his relationship with William), given the people he is surrounded by?

2 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

I was thinking more like after this event...Do you think Samantha would be ok with Oliver visiting William again (if he wants to re-establish his relationship with William), given the people he is surrounded by?

I think Samantha should have told Oliver it wasn't safe for him to see William after Darhk's men shot him and Felicity in 509 but apparently the only real threat was Felicity, LOL.

Anyway it's not her choice to make. If Oliver wants to see his kid he has rights.

• Love 9

Oliver's already told her he's not her husband. But she still keeps doing it, so either she really believes in the marriage because anything LOA is considered sacred, but then again the LOA has been disbanded. I'd love for Felicity, in a very dry, tired voice, to just say "Nyssa, stop it" and Nyssa goes, "OK" and that ends it forever.

• Love 2

Anyway it's not her choice to make. If Oliver wants to see his kid he has rights.

Even though Oliver has father rights, at this point, I don't think Oliver could take her to court to gain visitation rights because William's been kidnapped twice because of him and Samantha could now out Oliver as the Green Arrow to show that it is too dangerous for him to be around William.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

I think if William does wind up getting kidnapped after Oliver sent them away with no contact, that she'd be completely stupid to keep the kid from his father when it's clear that threats are always going to be a part of their lives, and he at least can fight them. If she hadn't been such an asshat about it before and the whole team had known about William when Darhk was around - they probably could've kept him from getting kidnapped last season.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 6
Just now, ComicFan777 said:

Even though Oliver has father rights, at this point, I don't think Oliver could take her to court to gain visitation rights because William's been kidnapped twice because of him and Samantha could now out Oliver as the Green Arrow to show that it is too dangerous for him to be around William.

She could, which is why telling her was so stupid. But she would also have to prove he is the GA or he could sue her in return for slander. She also took a bride from his mother so if they go to court they could end up both in jail and no one would see the kid at that point so probably not the smartest thing to do for either of them, LOL.

If William gets kidnapped now it will be because of Oliver but not because Oliver is around so at this point I don't think the argument that him being far away is safe makes sense.

If Oliver really wanted to see him (because he has rights and because his kid also has the right to meet his dad) I don't think she could do anything about it. The only option would be Oliver agreeing he is dangerous and deciding to stay away.

And if this happens, again, I wouldn't complain since I think kids on this show don't work but I'm afraid it's unlikely to make them come back to do the exact same thing that happened last year.

• Love 1

I think the video that Oliver made for William, explaining that his life as the Green Arrow makes it dangerous to be around him, could give Oliver trouble if it ever gets out.  Hopefully, that gets destroyed at some point.  I don't have confidence that Samantha would do what's smart - if they ever wanted to create more drama.

I wish that they would never revisit the whole BMD.  It was awful...just keep it out of Arrow.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 5

If Samantha has any sense at all, she would agree that Oliver sending them away was the right things since William keeps getting kidnapped repeatedly because of his association with Oliver and look who Oliver is teaming up with now. But I doubt she has, which explains Williams crayoning fetish.

34 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

She also took a bride from his mother

Since we were talking about Nyssa, my mind went to that wedding and I was wait? what? until I realized that it was a typo.

I can fanwank Nyssa referring to Oliver as her husband because she held the rules of the LoA in very high reverence and also because it gives her a bit of added authority.  He was, after all, Al Sah-him.

2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

From the Diggle and Felicity conversation in the earlier episode and all the remarks about how Felicity is suppose to be his light, I find that Oliver and Diggle have a very hypocritical attitude towards Felicity. They have her on this pedestal. She is supposed to be sunshine and rainbows, only dabbling in sketchy stuff that they deem is suitable and not freak them out by doing anything dark on her own accord.

They also did that with Thea this season, except for her it was oh noes! don't let her get caught up in the bloodlust.

I find it very sexist.

1 hour ago, DrSpaceman10 said:

MG said in one of his tumblr answers that the chip wasn't forgotten and will be touched on again, possibly in s6.  Felicity as CEO seems to have been forgotten or rather we should shut up about it because she's got Helix this season and I will never accept that they ignored her being paralyzed by guns because MG was too scared to put it in.

I wonder if Oliver and Felicity talk about William and Felicity has to feel sorry for poor Oliver sending his son away.

Since they're bringing the kid back, it better be to fix the problems with the storyline and put it to rest for good.  I don't mind if Oliver references visiting him from time to time but he better not come on the show again.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I'd love for Felicity, in a very dry, tired voice, to just say "Nyssa, stop it" and Nyssa goes, "OK" and that ends it forever.

Felicity: "You can keep him."

Nyssa: "No, I don't want him." 

43 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

If William gets kidnapped now it will be because of Oliver but not because Oliver is around so at this point I don't think the argument that him being far away is safe makes sense.

I will never understand why Oliver listened to some lady he knew for five minutes. You could make an argument for not seeing the kid publicly but he absolutely should be keeping an eye on them because of Merlyn. Oliver has severe TMI "Traumatic Merlyn Injury."

ETA: @insomniadreams88 Thea and Alex both found evidence that led to the kid, unless Merlyn told him.

@statsgirl, I though that's where they were going with Donna taking Felicity away from Noah but I don't think Oliver even knows about that? 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

They never said how he knew about Siren or the Legends so im going to say no. 

I believe that very special knowledge is called "because plot."

Although I find him knowing about William for whatever reason much more believable than him knowing about the Legends or Black Siren.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

They never said how he knew about Siren or the Legends so im going to say no. 

We could assume that Evelyn found out about the Legends during crossover time - even though she never met them - and maybe Cisco mentioned BS somehow, except everyone else forgot about it when it came time for BS' appearance, but Evelyn remembered long enough to tell Chase? 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

If Samantha has any sense at all, she would agree that Oliver sending them away was the right things since William keeps getting kidnapped repeatedly because of his association with Oliver and look who Oliver is teaming up with now. But I doubt she has, which explains Williams crayoning fetish.

Since we were talking about Nyssa, my mind went to that wedding and I was wait? what? until I realized that it was a typo.

I can fanwank Nyssa referring to Oliver as her husband because she held the rules of the LoA in very high reverence and also because it gives her a bit of added authority.  He was, after all, Al Sah-him.

They also did that with Thea this season, except for her it was oh noes! don't let her get caught up in the bloodlust.

I find it very sexist.

MG said in one of his tumblr answers that the chip wasn't forgotten and will be touched on again, possibly in s6.  Felicity as CEO seems to have been forgotten or rather we should shut up about it because she's got Helix this season and I will never accept that they ignored her being paralyzed by guns because MG was too scared to put it in.

I wonder if Oliver and Felicity talk about William and Felicity has to feel sorry for poor Oliver sending his son away.

Since they're bringing the kid back, it better be to fix the problems with the storyline and put it to rest for good.  I don't mind if Oliver references visiting him from time to time but he better not come on the show again.

Hahahahahaha I didn't realize I made that typo..

I miss season 2 Nyssa that needed no man and was a danger to everyone. I don't know how we went from that to her needing Oliver to take care of MM for her because he is the husband her father chose for her. Ugh.

I think Felicity might encourage him to have a relationship with his son because she knows how hard it is to grow up without a father..and I even agree that would be the right thing to do or at least the kid should know Oliver is his father and he is staying away because he loves him and wants to keep him safe. Still since it's fiction and not real life I'm more invested in my entertainment than in seeing Oliver do the right thing so if they could forget Oliver has a kid it would be great.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, LeighAn said:

Extended trailer with new footage from 5x19: 

https://mobile.twitter.com/alwaysbett/status/851940786631565312

It looks like there's a blonde woman with a bo staff fighting in the middle of that promo. Is Tinah blonde now?

One of the papps posted an instagram pic of Manu Bennett in Vancouver:

MG sure knows how to drain away my enthusiasm for the remaining episodes. I'm now dreading the season-ending cliffhanger. Also, I don't even think that Oliver & Felicity will get back together this season. I think that post-520, they'll just be friendlier and more chatty, and less distant. (Prove me wrong, Arrow!)

Edited by tv echo
38 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Also, I don't even think that Oliver & Felicity will get back together this season. I think that post-520, they'll just be friendlier and more chatty, and less distant. (Prove me wrong, Arrow!)

I guess anything but what we have now is an improvement but honestly I am somewhat indifferent at the moment. They might be back together or they might not be. At this point, I just want the story to make sense. I think however that O/F's personal relationship will be back for season 6. I have a hard time believing there will once again be new love interests for either of them. 

Also, could MB be doing a voice-over? Theird weird fighting/trolling/promoting/whatever it is, is actually annoying. 

• Love 2

At this point, I don't really care if MB returns or doesn't return for the season finale. I think that the 'greatness' of Slade Wilson - like the 'greatness' of Season 2 - has become vastly overblown with time.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Also, could MB be doing a voice-over? Theird weird fighting/trolling/promoting/whatever it is, is actually annoying. 

He's back in some fashion that's for sure, you have SA, MG, CW and WB saying he's back. Now maybe Manu is protesting because he doesn't want people to think he's in the Death stroke suit when he's actually only doing a small cameo + VO or maybe he's protesting because he's only doing VO work.  I don't know why Manu has taken to twitter but, I'm going to believe SA/MG, CW/WB are telling the truth and Manu is involved in 523 in some fashion.

• Love 1