Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

I heard that apparently Susan/Oliver won't be an item for a couple of episodes before the Olicity sex... So even if she is still around, she won't be the one killing Oliver's character lol

Well, if true, that's good. Maybe Oliver can use the time he'd spend on her trying to find his brain. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, YonkouProductions said:

Damn, everyone is going wild over a call sheet. Its going to be a long month...

It's been an even longer dry season.

Did I miss something?  Why would Felicity need to save Oliver?  Although I'm very glad it's not Susan she's saving.

If it summer flashback sex, I'll be disappointed so I'm glad to be forewarned.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Belinea said:

What makes me question the FB thing is that I don't see why one would need it? What do we need to see them have sex during the summer? I mean, I get that it might be trip down memory lane and you might see how they ended up where they are now but does the viewer need it? We already have 20 episodes at this point. If it is a flashback is it supposed to show us what went wrong in the summer and how we ended up here and they need to change something now?

If it is indeed a flashback scene, I think the post-sex conversation might be why we need to see it. I'm guessing it'll be angsty and sad and explain the distance between them this year (since they seemed in a pretty good place at the end of S4). We may finally gets some understanding about why they both flung themselves so intensely into new relationships -- especially him. 

6 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I heard that apparently Susan/Oliver won't be an item for a couple of episodes before the Olicity sex... So even if she is still around, she won't be the one killing Oliver's character lol

Ohhh...that's hopeful! From one of the paps?

(edited)

If they do give a fb sex scene during the summer it could be for two reasons 1)they are currently on the run and cannot have sex in the present 2)they will have sex in 5x23. Perhaps, they wants to explain emotionally what made felicity shut down and what led oliver to date someone as shady as Susan. Only thing I can think of

Edited by Cleanqueen
  • Love 1
(edited)

I've been trying to think of what Felicity could learn from her experiences that would give her new understanding of Oliver and how that could tie into her deciding she could be in a relationship with him.   When they broke up it was specifically about him shutting her out of these huge life altering decisions but later when he promises he'd never do anything like that again, she expanded her reasons to include Oliver making mission or life death decisions and that at some point she knew it was going to be him right back to doing things in secret unilaterally.

What if she's come to accept Oliver wouldn't do that on a personal level again but thinks she wouldn't be able to stomach the personal relationship even if he was only doing something on his own or in secret for a mission or to save someone?  That could be the new understanding she comes to with Helix, that maybe sometimes the only way is alone. Maybe she's forced to do something to save Oliver that she doesn't want to burden him about?   So a lie to protect him  

If they could take the issue of lying about a secret child or things like that off the table ahead of the time (because there's no excuse for that in a committed relationship) then I could understand how her dark arc could move her closer to being ok with knowing at some point Oliver is going to do again pull the same unilateral stuff. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3
(edited)

If they do have a fb sex scene, I think it will be because they're not yet ready to be together in the present but they will be by the end of the season. But maybe the writers are putting in the fb to explain why both Oliver and Felicity were such pod people this season.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, DrSpaceman10 said:

Do I still have to eat my hat if it's a flashback sex scene tho?

On 2/2/2017 at 9:30 PM, DrSpaceman10 said:

I'll eat my hat if there's an Olicity sex scene this season :)

You didn't specify flashback or present day, so I'd say yes :D

• Love 4

I'm trying to think of an episode where they split flashbacks and I can't. 

If they are all Olicity themed, I can't see the love scene being in the flashbacks. I would think they would use the flashbacks to build to the climax.

....Climax?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

I'm trying to think of an episode where they split flashbacks and I can't. 

If they are all Olicity themed, I can't see the love scene being in the flashbacks. I would think they would use the flashbacks to build to the climax.

....Climax?

I think they sort of did that in the episode where they went looking for Tinah.  It started with a flashback to when she got her powers then it was the present day and then we had Oliver in Russia with Talia shooting up people.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I've been trying to think of what Felicity could learn from her experiences that would give her new understanding of Oliver and how that could tie into her deciding she could be in a relationship with him.   When they broke up it was specifically about him shutting her out of these huge life altering decisions but later when he promises he'd never do anything like that again, she expanded her reasons to include Oliver making mission or life death decisions and that at some point she knew it was going to be him right back to doing things in secret unilaterally.

What if she's come to accept Oliver wouldn't do that on a personal level again but thinks she wouldn't be able to stomach the personal relationship even if he was only doing something on his own or in secret for a mission or to save someone?  That could be the new understanding she comes to with Helix, that maybe sometimes the only way is alone. Maybe she's forced to do something to save Oliver that she doesn't want to burden him about?   So a lie to protect him  

If they could take the issue of lying about a secret child or things like that off the table ahead of the time (because there's no excuse for that in a committed relationship) then I could understand how her dark arc could move her closer to being ok with knowing at some point Oliver is going to do again pull the same unilateral stuff. 

I admire you willingness to try to make sense of the plotting. Do you think they're going to go back and listen to the break-ups, or just go on Swiss cheese memory?

The deal-breaker for her, if I remember correctly, was that when things got their worst, he was always going to go it on his own rather than co-cooperatively with his team, whether it's fighting team or spouse.  So your idea of Felicity having something she wants to do and not consult with Oliver or Diggle about makes sense.  But I'm not sure how that fits in with her joining Helix because she knows how important a team is.

• Love 1

Playing devil's advocate... The 520 Olicity sex scene, if a flashback, could simply be part of explaining Felicity's present day decision to put final closure on her feelings about Oliver.  It could be a flashback from last summer to explain why Felicity started dating Malone. After the sex, Oliver & Felicity talked and acknowledged that nothing had changed. To keep herself from doing it again, Felicity accepted a date from the new SCPD detective who'd been asking her out.  She started dating Malone in hopes of moving on.  Both Oliver & Felicity dated other people and kept their distance from each other in order to avoid falling into old habits/temptations. Felicity feels guilt from Malone's death, not only because she feels that he died because of Prometheus' vendetta, but also because she knows that he really loved her but she never loved him in the same way. Remembering the Olicity sex scene and her entire relationship with Malone leads Felicity to realize that her unresolved feelings for Oliver prevented her from falling for good guy Malone and so she decides finally to put closure on her feelings for Oliver. There is no present day Olicity scene. 

Trying to keep my expectations low... However, I'm still not sure why such a scene would be necessary - unless it's just a bone to throw to Olicity fans.  They could accomplish the same thing by referencing what happened last summer and not showing an actual flashback.  

So I'm back to, I just don't know.

14 hours ago, statsgirl said:

But maybe the writers are putting in the fb to explain why both Oliver and Felicity were such pod people this season.

The sex was so hot Felicity wasn't able to think straight for a few months and Oliver still can't? Because I'd take that explanation, LOL.

IMO they wouldn't go to the trouble to do a flashback sex scene but the writers' logic and my logic often don't match.

• Love 5

Yeah the picture Stephen posted of him in the S4 suit in the bunker was not the sex scene that was being filmed according to Ken and he believes that scene is present day. So yeah they could show fb scenes of their time in the bunker over the summer but the sex scene will be present day. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Yeah the picture Stephen posted of him in the S4 suit in the bunker was not the sex scene that was being filmed according to Ken and he believes that scene is present day. So yeah they could show fb scenes of their time in the bunker over the summer but the sex scene will be present day. 

Honestly, if SA never made that joke at SDCC and didn't show that pic of him in the s4 suit, I don't think there would be as much consideration of it being a flashback scene. He did so that's irrelevant, but for all I know he just posted that pic to purposefully throw people off or he just wanted to tease a return to the sleeveless like he did for the s1 suit for 509.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

The sex was so hot Felicity wasn't able to think straight for a few months and Oliver still can't? Because I'd take that explanation, LOL.

IMO they wouldn't go to the trouble to do a flashback sex scene but the writers' logic and my logic often don't match.

These are the same writers that wrote the Laurel/Oliver flashback in 4.19 so anything is possible.

There was vodka and mistakes were made.  Maybe they almost went there so when SCPD cop asked her out she jumped. Billy = barrier for her. Meanwhile he's still hopeful she'll change her mind because she almost gave in?  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

Playing devil's advocate... The 520 Olicity sex scene, if a flashback, could simply be part of explaining Felicity's present day decision to put final closure on her feelings about Oliver.  It could be a flashback from last summer to explain why Felicity started dating Malone. After the sex, Oliver & Felicity talked and acknowledged that nothing had changed. To keep herself from doing it again, Felicity accepted a date from the new SCPD detective who'd been asking her out.  She started dating Malone in hopes of moving on.  Both Oliver & Felicity dated other people and kept their distance from each other in order to avoid falling into old habits/temptations. Felicity feels guilt from Malone's death, not only because she feels that he died because of Prometheus' vendetta, but also because she knows that he really loved her but she never loved him in the same way. Remembering the Olicity sex scene and her entire relationship with Malone leads Felicity to realize that her unresolved feelings for Oliver prevented her from falling for good guy Malone and so she decides finally to put closure on her feelings for Oliver. There is no present day Olicity scene.   

I'm seeing theories like this on Tumblr too; that it's a flashback sex scene that doesn't actually lead to any forward Olicity movement in the present and it'll just turn out to be ship bait like the dumb pen scene in 509. If that's the case, I think I'll be done with this show. I'm still hopeful that it will be signaling an Olicity rebuild (if it is indeed a flashback) because both Felicity and Oliver's attempts to move on have failed so spectacularly. There's *got* to be a reason that the writers made sure the audience didn't connect with either LI besides 'O/F needed a closure conversation before they could move on.' Otherwise, they've dicked us around for 3/4s of a season for... nothing.

24 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

As someone else mentioned, almost every episode has flashbacks from just one storyline. (I guess the Dinah ep is the exception, since it started with a FB to her getting her powers but the rest were in Russia). But for the most part, if we get one flashback devoted to a character (Oliver in Russia, Wild Dog's marriage, etc.), all of that episode's flashbacks are going to follow suit. So just because SA was filming a non-sex S4 FB yesterday doesn't mean he won't be filming more S4 flashbacks this week. I'm still not convinced the paps know, as Ken mentioned that they don't always indicate if it's a FB or not on callsheets.

• Love 1

I'm not really sure why they'd waste time on a relationship flashback that doesn't move the plot forward. I mean, it's Arrow so anything's possible and I won't rule it out, but what's the point of explaining how Oliver and Felicity got to where they were at the beginning of the season if they're not going to overcome that? Like "Hey, even though you've been watching them behave like this all year and we haven't explained exactly what happened since S4, here's your explanation in episode 20 but btw it's not changing." Seems like a lot of effort to put into ship bait that's ultimately going to piss off the people they're baiting? I know TPTB are terrible at anticipating reaction, but...even that should be a no-brainer. 

• Love 21
(edited)
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

Trying to keep my expectations low... However, I'm still not sure why such a scene would be necessary - unless it's just a bone to throw to Olicity fans.  They could accomplish the same thing by referencing what happened last summer and not showing an actual flashback.  

So I'm back to, I just don't know.

Your theory is that the show broke Olicity up in 416, spent all of the Summer and Fall media spinning the fact that they aren't together.

Had Oliver and Felicity involved with other people (temp love interests). Had a relationship conversation in 505 which both closed the door (Felicity) and reaffirmed the OTPness of Olicity (Mortal Lock). 

They did all that and then waited 15 episodes and about 6 months, (27 episodes and 14 months from break up in 415),  to write a sex scene into 520 just put the final nail in their coffin?

Yeah, I'm going to stick with Olicity reunion in 520-523.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 14
Just now, Trisha said:

I'm still not convinced the paps know, as Ken mentioned that they don't always indicate if it's a FB or not on callsheets.

Just to argue specifics, Ken said they don't always indicate it's a FB this late in the season (i.e. they usually indicate it, but this might be just an excuse as to why they didn't this time around if the scene is a flashback scene). As for "knowing," I still just have the feeling that the callsheet basically just said "INT. BUNKER. Oliver and Felicity have sex and talk (or however a "post-sex" talk might work), and they're just going from there. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

These are the same writers that wrote the Laurel/Oliver flashback in 4.19 so anything is possible.

There was vodka and mistakes were made.  Maybe they almost went there so when SCPD cop asked her out she jumped. Billy = barrier for her. Meanwhile he's still hopeful she'll change her mind because she almost gave in?  

But what did they write in those flashbacks? A kiss, Laurel tried to trap him, he bailed. What I was saying is this show doesn't do love scenes every episode. When they did in the past it was to move the story forward..it's not Game of Thrones..

• Love 4

Non-olicity flashback scenarios:

The best case would be a flashback to Prometheus first appearance to mess with Oliver. Maybe he has been toying with him for longer than shown. 

The worst case would be him telling the reporter about his time as the Green Arrow. 

• Love 4
(edited)

While I don't have a particularly high opinion of the abilities of these writers if Olicity is really dead, the last thing they would be doing is reminding viewers of how good they were together and how SA actually has chemistry with a costar when he's playing off of EBR.  If there is a sex scene, it's part of the swerve back.

I did call the red pen scene in 5x09 ship-baiting because I think it was too blatant as if we're idiots but I'm sure it was a deliberate reminder to the audience in this miserable season that  these two are OTP.

If we are getting a fb conversation from the summer, maybe it comes after Oliver returns to the lair from patrolling and that's why he's wearing the s4 costume.  Or maybe it's nothing to do with Felicity but setting up an early Prometheus scene instead.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 15
16 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

But what did they write in those flashbacks? A kiss, Laurel tried to trap him, he bailed. What I was saying is this show doesn't do love scenes every episode. When they did in the past it was to move the story forward..it's not Game of Thrones..

Sorry. I did know what you were saying although my answer doesn't reflect it.  Just these 2 writers make me nervous.

I only think a love scene occurs to move the story forward.  I am expecting a reunion 520-523.  I'm just not a fan of sex first, we'll work out our problems later. We do have 4 episodes in between so I'm willing to wait and see.

The vodka part was my reasoning another conclusion for SA's remark at SDCC in relation to where we find them in 5.01.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, leopardprint said:

Putting my tin foil hat* on for a sec, could the sudden appearance of happy Olicity spoilers mean 5x16 is going to be the absolute worst episode? 

*No promises to eat said tin foil hat if wrong. 

Considering the source of said spoilers...NO

• Love 2

I thought the more positive Olicity spoilers came out before 5x15. I wouldnt call paps getting in their feelings because a part of the show that they hate is having a comeback, spoilers being leaked for distractions. 

• Love 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Putting my tin foil hat* on for a sec, could the sudden appearance of happy Olicity spoilers mean 5x16 is going to be the absolute worst episode? 

I was dreading 5x16 but I am actually quite excited for it now. I think Prometheus stepping up his game and felicity helping Oliver by joining Helix or doing whatever they ask has me intrigued. The Susan stuff will just be a distraction if you make it one, I for one will choose to ignore it.

And yeah considering two dudes who hate olicity revealed the spoilers this week doesn't mean much about 5x16.

Edited by Cleanqueen
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Probably not the spoilers because they came from the paps. The sudden influx of SA/EBR workout videos though? I could be convinced...

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I did briefly wonder that, but it's really just about the shooting schedule. The paps leaked this stuff now because it's when they saw the call sheet.

I'm just going to focus on the good (probably just Felicity, Chase) stuff of 516 and ignore the Susan of it. 

I just checked Melissa Jin's IMDB profile and she is credited as Emily Bett Rickard's and Juliana Harkavy's stunt double for episode 5x19 (Dangerous Liasons), so it looks like Felicity may be involved in some type of action scene that episode. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, tv echo said:

They could accomplish the same thing by referencing what happened last summer and not showing an actual flashback.  

Olicity sex scenes/kisses sell too much to not put them in the show at some form(flahsback,dream etc) each season. Even last season the L/O flashback kiss created buzz and even it was pointless to be put in the (also) pointless retconning flashback L/O scene.

2 hours ago, wonderwall said:

There's one thing I admire about Lauriver shippers. They've been through 5000 miles more crap than olicity shippers yet they have more hope than most. 

Thats because they easily ignore show canon and treat characters and dynamics based on their comic canon . L/O shippers aka GA/BC shippers know that no matter how toxic L/O of comics are,they are always the main endgame couple. So in their mind,thats how it would be in the show. Cause comics. lol

2 hours ago, Trisha said:

I'm seeing theories like this on Tumblr too; that it's a flashback sex scene that doesn't actually lead to any forward Olicity movement in the present and it'll just turn out to be ship bait like the dumb pen scene in 509. 

If that happens then im wondering how people will twist it around to use it as the show rebuilding them. Cause im pretty sure teasing a flashback olicity sex scene that leads no where near reconcilation towards the end of the season is either 1)because they are using it for internet buzz while simultaneously teasing olicity is over for good or 2)Olicity will be heading towards reconcilation near/or in the season finale. 

I'm not really sure why they'd waste time on a relationship flashback that doesn't move the plot forward.

In a way wasnt the 5x09 olicity fb scene basically a waste of time? Cause eventually even if olicity gets back together this season,that scene specifically, was literally useless. It didnt and wont move the plot forward .  It can be done again.

Now,im just theorizing here without claiming its even much possible to happen but i was thinking about how the O/L fb scene last season ,that showed how Lauriver almost became a happy couple untill Oliver changed his mind bc of tommys death,could be similar to an olicity fb scene,in a way. In a way that a potential olicity fb scene about them sleeping together and felicity deciding it was a mistake aka them almost getting back together untill one of them changed their mind,could have some similarities to what they did with the O/L scene last season. Like someone else said,it could be just a "ship bait" fb scene explaining how the relationship ended for good,similarly to how they explained how Lauriver ended for good last season. But why would they do that with olicity this season(apart from them simply putting an olicity buzz worthy sex scene in the show to create internet reaction without delivering)? Last season it was because LL died and they wanted to pretty much give something to those who loved that ship because they knew it was the end of LL. This season it would be pointless. Could Felicity be leaving the team? I doubt. But still.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Isnt that Willas stunt double? 

She mostly does stunts for Willa, but she also does stunts for other people (e.g. Lexa Doig, Summer Glau, Kelly Hu). It probably comes down to scripts and availability. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

The LL flashbacks was all about the pic of doom. Not to give crumbs to L/O shippers.

I mean it could be done in many ways,not having them kiss and talk about being a couple. 

(edited)

Anyway, Olicity sex in the bunker! I hope it's more lunge-like and passionate. 320 was really romantic, which was what it should have been for their first time, but this time I want it to reflect how they've been bottling up feelings all season and they can't stand it anymore. 

You know what else I'm looking forward to? Hearing Blake Neely's Olicity theme again.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 21
(edited)
11 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

In a way wasnt the 5x09 olicity fb scene basically a waste of time? Cause eventually even if olicity gets back together this season,that scene specifically, was literally useless. It didnt and wont move the plot forward .  It can be done again.

I don't consider foreshadowing a waste of time

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 9