Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

So, the 517 description - 

It's a good thing Oliver's getting violent in the flashbacks because he really needs to catch up to S1 Oliver.

As for the present day stuff, uh, nothing new at all? "Prometheus goes to great lengths to break Oliver." Why do I feel like I'm going to be disappointed by these "great lengths"? 

6 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Did the Reddit poster (sorry, I don't remember his name) post something spoilery about 520 and then remove it? I saw someone mention on Twitter that he posted something about "coming home" but I can't find a screenshot...

No idea, he's usually been limiting his stuff to week of. Not sure if he would post about 520 this early

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Could this be more proof that they're shooting flashbacks about the time between S4-S5? Will Russian vodka-fueled mistakes come into play?

https://twitter.com/StephenAmell/status/838854757888335872/photo/1 

I would laugh if that did happen, since Amell would have spoiled a lot of the major plot points this season in that SDCC interview during the summer. Dude is even worse at keeping spoilers a secret than he is at math. 

Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

How so? I'm missing something.

The sleeveless suit. 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 1

Again I ask, what does "breaking Oliver" look like for Prometheus.  Is it OQ curled in a ball in a corner in despair?  Is it OQ decided to turn himself into the police for his bad deeds as GA?  Is it OQ is ready to kill himself?  Is it OQ returns to the island to be alone?  I ask this because it seems we have seen him broken in these ways before.  The scene with the doctor opened the door to some sort of mental exhaustion, but how would that look?

• Love 1
(edited)

He is in the S4 suit. 

This plus the elevator shaft makes me wonder if we are getting multiple Olicity flashbacks/callbacks. Hopefully leading to present day sex.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 8
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

How so? I'm missing something.

It's his old suit which he stopped wearing at the beginning of this season. Plus in the EW interview, SA said of Oliver and Felicity: 

"I do think that there are a lot of unanswered questions in terms of how did they get from where they were at the end of season 4 to where we found them in season 5, and I am positive that we answer those questions."

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 1
(edited)

Honestly even though we joked around about there being Olicity sex flash backs - at least I was joking- if people think it doesn't make sense for Olicity to have sex in the present it makes less sense for them to have had sex, act like it never happened,  Felicity to have started dating Billy and Oliver having to ask if Felicity was leaving the door open for him when sex would imply she probably is.

So I'm sitting on team present day sex/romantic advancement with maybe some between hiatus flashbacks alluding to where Oliver and Felicitys head space was in that time and it informing what's happening in the present.

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, LeighAn said:

So I'm sitting on team present day sex/romantic advancement with maybe some between hiatus flashbacks alluding to where Oliver and Felicitys head space was in that time and it informing what's happening in the present.

IF there is a sex scene (and that's still spec at this point) I believe it will be present day as well. Or perhaps the EPs are pulling an Oprah? You get a flashback sex scene, you get a present day sex scene, you get a flash forward sex scene ??

In all seriousness, i think it'll be present day and will probably tie into SA's comment about an Adult Conversation.

• Love 13

Would flashback sex make CG want to quit the show? IDK. I'm guessing the sex is present day. Or maybe we'll get both! Please let us have both. 

11 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

I'm with you. I think it's a flashback to a scene between Oliver and Felicity from the time when they were together. Something in the Bunker reminds one of them about something that happened down there on previous occasion, then there's a transition to the flashback of them in the Bunker during the time they were together. And that's why he's wearing the season four suit. 

If it's not from the time they were together, I'm guessing it's a flashback scene from the summer between season four and five.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

Would flashback sex make CG want to quit the show? IDK. I'm guessing the sex is present day. Or maybe we'll get both! Please let us have both. 

Would he know it's a flashback? His original tweet questioned whether it was a dream sequence, so maybe he just saw a call sheet that said it was a closed set with SA and EBR filming but he doesn't know the context?

Even if it's a flashback (whether of the hiatus or earlier when they were together), it's still a good sign for Olicity. As I mentioned earlier today, they wouldn't do a sexy flashback unless it was mirroring something about their relationship in the present. And if it's a flashback, that means they can spend more time on a present day rebuild. Look, I just talked myself into it! 

• Love 10
Just now, Trisha said:

Would he know it's a flashback? His original tweet questioned whether it was a dream sequence, so maybe he just saw a call sheet that said it was a closed set with SA and EBR filming but he doesn't know the context?

Even if it's a flashback (whether of the hiatus or earlier when they were together), it's still a good sign for Olicity. As I mentioned earlier today, they wouldn't do a sexy flashback unless it was mirroring something about their relationship in the present. And if it's a flashback, that means they can spend more time on a present day rebuild. Look, I just talked myself into it! 

If he was hoping the scene was a dream sequence I'm guessing he doesn't know if it's a flashback. I could see him dismissing a flashback or dream as something that doesn't count but it's clearly something big/important enough that would make him quit the show. Or at least threaten to quit. We all know his ass will be watching next season too. Haha.

3 minutes ago, Trisha said:

There is usually a sentence describing the scene on a call sheet so he would know the context.

• Love 1

Underneath...the sheets. Haha.

Wendy and Beth wrote it. I'm scared.

Curious though. MG posted art for this episode which featured a steam tunnel. Are they actually gonna go on the run underground or something?

(edited)

Yeeeah... the Wendy and Beth combo kind of makes me nervous. Here are the other episodes they wrote together:

211 (Blind Spot)
214 (Time of Death)
220 (Seeing Red)
307 (Draw Back Your Bow)
419 (Canary Cry)
509 (What We Leave Behind)

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Yeeeah... the Wendy and Beth combo kind of makes me nervous. Here are the other episodes they wrote together:

211 (Blind Spot)
214 (Time of Death)
220 (Seeing Red)
307 (Draw Back Your Bow)
419 (Canary Cry)

I only dislike one of those. The rest I think had good and bad points but were generally entertaining.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 minute ago, LeighAn said:

I only dislike one of those. The rest I think had good and bad points but were generally entertaining.

Same. 5x09 is the only one I want to set on fire.

Edited by apinknightmare
2 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Me too (I like to pretend Time of Death didn't exist). I tend to like Beth's episodes -- and I think she had a script credit on 401, which was domestic Olicity at its finest!

(edited)
11 minutes ago, bijoux said:

First thing to pop to mind: [Underneath Your Clothes by Shakira]

The lyrics could kind of apply to Olicity. I would laugh forever if they picked the title partially because of the song.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Same. 5x09 is the only one I want to set on fire.

4x19 for me. Too much Laurel sanctification and Lauriver bone throwing and then baby Canary on top of that. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

4x19 for me. Too much Laurel sanctification and Lauriver bone throwing and then baby Canary on top of that. 

Which is really hard to achieve when you have Laurel making plans about the future with Oliver two days after she cried that she loved Tommy upon his sacrificial death.

• Love 1
Just now, bijoux said:

Which is really hard to achieve when you have Laurel making plans about the future with Oliver two days after she cried that she loved Tommy upon his sacrificial death.

#TommyDeservesBetter

• Love 12
(edited)

Okies I just woke up. 

Are we agreeing on flashback sex or current day sex?

FB sex could make sense and push Felicity into dating Mayo right away. Hence Oliver not sure what was going on in the season premiere.

I'd prefer current day sex though!

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

Okies I just woke up. 

So we're

Are we agreeing on flashback sex or current day sex?

FB sex could make sense and push Felicity into dating Mayo right away. Hence Oliver not sure what was going on in the season premiere.

I'd prefer current day sex though!

I don't think we've agree to anything but, I'm going with Present Day Sex ?

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

211 (Blind Spot)
214 (Time of Death)
220 (Seeing Red)
307 (Draw Back Your Bow)
419 (Canary Cry)

I think I'm the only one who didn't mind 214 all that much lol

I honestly HAAAATED 419. I'd destroy it with fire. 

509 for me was good up until Oliver went to see Susan. 

Loved Seeing Red. 

Draw Back Your Bow was entertaining and super cliche

Blind Spot gave me great Delicity moments so...

• Love 3
(edited)

For some reason their interaction with fans makes me uncomfortable. I don't know why.

But I hope that they are annoyed because of something happening in present time instead of the past. Because while I don't mind flashbacks I don't need a flashback to S4. Because right now, they made me feel like they wanted to forget it. Then why do they remind people now.  Also, personally, I'd actually be disappointed if they use flashbacks once again for O/F this season. I'd just feel cheated a little. But I am a little negative at the moment, so I don't know how I'll feel about it in a couple of episodes.

Maybe they could either spoil it or just not talk about it. But maybe that is just me. I mean, in S2 he spoiled the kiss in the season finale because he claimed to have read it. He even said something about it and then he spoiled the proposal, I think, while talking smack about the show. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 1

I would prefer present day sexytimes but would not turn down past sexytimes. Roadtrip sexytimes. Future sexytimes. I'll take anything at this point. 

Would they do a closed set for afterglow or only in progress action? 

• Love 5

211 (Blind Spot) - Skipped
214 (Time of Death) - Didn't like 
220 (Seeing Red) - This was OK 
307 (Draw Back Your Bow) - I liked this one
419 (Canary Cry) - I liked this one just because she was dead ?
509 (What We Leave Behind)  - I really liked this one save for the final 2 minutes 

• Love 1

I personally don't care when the sex took place as long as I get to see Oliver and Felicity naked in bed together. 

Also I think call sheets tend to not describe the scene in detail but it will say if it is taking place as a flashback or present since the crew and the actors need to know. So CG would be less angry IMO if it was a flashback sex because he can just say it means they're reminiscing and aren't getting back together.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Also I think call sheets tend to not describe the scene in detail but it will say if it is taking place as a flashback or present since the crew and the actors need to know. So CG would be less angry IMO if it was a flashback sex because he can just say it means they're reminiscing and aren't getting back together.

Yup. Call sheets indicate if it was a FB scene or not. And if it did indicate it I doubt CG would've been as angry as he was. That's why he said he hoped it was a dream sequence instead of a flashback. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Belinea said:

For some reason their interaction with fans makes me uncomfortable. I don't know why.

But I hope that they are annoyed because of something happening in present time instead of the past. Because while I don't mind flashbacks I don't need a flashback to S4. Because right now, they made me feel like they wanted to forget it. Then why do they remind people now.  Also, personally, I'd actually be disappointed if they use flashbacks once again for O/F this season. 

Maybe they could either spoil it or just not talk about it. But maybe that is just me. I mean, in S2 he spoiled the kiss in the season finale because he claimed to have read it. He even said something about it and then he spoiled the proposal, I think, while talking smack about the show. 

Tbh the fact that they already did this in 509 makes me feel more confident that it's going to be more than that this time around. Worst case scenario it does mean nothing and it is a ratings Hail Mary, but then that would be a very blatant example of completely going against what MG always says about writing for the ratings/to certain fans (not that that's 100% true, but this would be a big example of them going against that if they once again do a basic throwaway scene).

I'm sure CG would spoil it, but then he'd probably lose his source (probably why he isn't spoiling anything this year), but wants everyone to know that something "bad " is going to happen.

Just now, Cleanqueen said:

It's usually not in detail, but something like "INT. BUNKER Oliver and Felicity talk and have sex".

• Love 1