Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I want to know what KC says in her interview out of morbid curiosity but I also don't want to watch it. Do you see my problem?

I'll tell you some highlights to help you out :P 

Originally there was a scene where Laurel physically carried Sara to the arrow cave and it even had to be reshot but then was deleted I guess

"Laurel is very strong, and I think that she stands for what she believes in, and she's a warrior. She's a survivor. And I think hopefully, she will be able to prove it to [Ted], and I think hopefully, he will be on her side, and support her, but who knows,"

about Sara's reappearance "I'm not sure exactly where or what, but I know that Caity - she is a very big part of this season, and their relationship, and Laurel's journey, I'm not sure in what aspect they're having her back, whether it's a flashback or not, I haven't seen anything. I'm sure that the writers have a lot planned for her, but they don't necessarily always tell us,"  this makes it seem like Sara isn't showing up in the first 9 episodes? 

She had more interaction with team arrow, she's part of the A story and action. She's filming a lot more at night then she used to. 

"With Laurel, I think from Season 2 to Season 3, you can see physically a change in her, and then also, I mean, yes, [Laurel] is emotional, and cries a lot, but I do feel like she's a very strong person, and I do feel like she has the drive, and the strength, and I think that she would have that strength that Caity was, but more internally."

She was asked what she would be doing in Flash Crossover and her response a maniacal laugh and that it would be great.

If she is not in that episode or if she is not directly working with people from Flash, why not just say that he arc did not interact with the people from Flash.

I think she is in that episode though and she just didn't want to give spoilers. That was the impression I got. 

Edited by ban1o

I think she is in that episode though and she just didn't want to give spoilers. That was the impression I got. 

If she is in those episodes, she has her own arc and she did not interact with the cast of Flash. When everyone else was shooting the episode in Vancouver and were posting photos on instagram, she was in Dallas and was tweeting with the Stunt guy how she wished she was on the set because apparently, they were having a lot of fun with action stuff and what not and she was thousands of miles away.

Haha, thank you @ban1o! You rock. :D

I still think it's crazy to have Sara in flashbacks (unless it's flashbacks leading up to her death because there was something going on with her that we still don't know about) because what's the point? It will only show us how she had the perfect history/training/motivation to be BC which is stupid to show when they're trying to make Laurel BC. 

• Love 4

I'll tell you some highlights to help you out :P 

Thank you for this :) Now I'm going to rip what she says apart. I apologize. 

Originally there was a scene where Laurel psychically carried Sara to the arrow cave and it even had to be reshot but then was deleted I guess

Idk why they did this :p I mean, it caused a lot of questions. 

"Laurel is very strong, and I think that she stands for what she believes in, and she's a warrior. She's a survivor. And I think hopefully, she will be able to prove it to [Ted], and I think hopefully, he will be on her side, and support her, but who knows,"

What in the world does Laurel believe in? Does she believe in revenge? The Law? Sara? I just don't know. That's one of the main issues I have with her arc. They didn't do a good job showing Laurel's beliefs. Laurel is a hard pass for a survivor. That's what I would call Oliver or Sara. And let's be real, Laurel isn't a warrior yet. She may be later, but right now she's still a lawyer with a jacket. 

"I'm not sure exactly where or what, but I know that Caity - she is a very big part of this season, and their relationship, and Laurel's journey, I'm not sure in what aspect they're having her back, whether it's a flashback or not, I haven't seen anything. I'm sure that the writers have a lot planned for her, but they don't necessarily always tell us,"  this makes it seem like Sara isn't showing up in the first 9 episodes?

I don't see the need to have Sara on the show ever again. After the way they treated her, I'd like to see her far far away from the show. Otherwise I see nothing new here. 

She had more interaction with team arrow, she's part of the A story and action. She's filming a lot more at night then she used to.

Ugh. Fine. 

"With Laurel, I think from Season 2 to Season 3, you can see physically a change in her, and then also, I mean, yes, [Laurel] is emotional, and cries a lot, but I do feel like she's a very strong person, and I do feel like she has the drive, and the strength, and I think that she would have that strength that Caity was, but more internally."

No. I will copy and paste what I said in the other post:I have trouble believing this. Laurel has no inner strength as far as I'm concerned. She's motivated by anger and revenge and to me anger does not equate to strength. Felicity epitomizes inner strength, in fact, that's how the EPs describe her ('inner steel'). Regardless, Sara had more inner strength than Laurel. Even though she doubted herself at times, she never quit and she never questioned her beliefs. Laurel on the other hand can't even tell her father than his youngest daughter is dead because she's scared. How is that inner strength? It's just cowardly.

• Love 4

It seems very Working Girl to me, like when Melanie Griffith thought she was being hired to be a secretary when her own secretary asks what's expected of her.

Oh, there was a scenario niggling at the back of my brain and I just couldn't work out the thought, but that's it.  I guess if I have to I can buy that that's what they're going for.  Probably still going to make me roll my eyes (as most things they do these days does).

What in the world does Laurel believe in? Does she believe in revenge? The Law? Sara? I just don't know. That's one of the main issues I have with her arc. They didn't do a good job showing Laurel's beliefs. Laurel is a hard pass for a survivor. That's what I would call Oliver or Sara. And let's be real, Laurel isn't a warrior yet. She may be later, but right now she's still a lawyer with a jacket. 

She believes in blackmail, wine & pills to numb the pain, and soul mates. I think that's a pretty good grasp on who she is.

• Love 6

Her answers don't translate well in print.  I'm not joking when I say it's like reading Sarah Palin interviews.  Huh??

Believe me when I say this but between the two of them, Sarah Palin is a lot more coherent than Katie Cassidy and that is saying something. In any case, no one asked KC about foreign policy, they asked her about a character she has been playing since February 2012 and she has no single cogent line to deliver about that.

Man she is awful.

Where did they find snow? Did they have to make it?  

Brandon Routh seems charming.  No wonder the EPs love him and like writing for him.  (And after having seen the KC interview, wow.)

It seems very Working Girl to me, like when Melanie Griffith thought she was being hired to be a secretary when her own secretary asks what's expected of her.

That's exactly it.  He was offering her coffee, not expecting her to get it for him like Oliver.  Honestly, no matter how creepy he is, I'm looking forward to someone treating Felicity well at last.

Count me in for baby mama drama over a Laurel special. Even three baby mama dramas.

I know the writers will think it's all very romantic comedy cute, but it's just yet another story beat that's going to make me roll my eyes if it plays out that way.

I think they're writing it that way because they think it's going to be cuter to have Felicity expected to be his EA, and then turn up and he gives her something like head of Applied Sciences.  (Just guessing)

I've concluded that Felicity just doesn't like CEO's (or authority figures in general).  When Walter first called her to his office in S1, she arrived ranting about how he couldn't fire her because she was his best tech employee.  When Oliver first became CEO, she had her (justified) I'm-not-an-EA rant.  And she's already ranted at Ray twice - once before she took the job and this new one on her first day.  It's like her default "I'm not going to be pushed around" stance that she takes with these guys who have power over her job, but who she's nevertheless trying to set boundaries with, even though she's not entirely sure of her ground.  In a way it kind of explains why she was so willing to join Oliver's crusade - she's innately anti-establishment.

I got them impression that it's because even though she's got a high opinion of her tech skills, she doesn't of herself as a valuable employee. She thought Walter was going to fire her when he called her up to his office.  

I can see that coming from her background, where her father left, her mother was a waitress and maybe expected that that is what Felicity would be, she doesn't see herself as someone special, or not special enough except in her computer skills.  I used to watch the kids in prep schools and they had all this self-assurance and air of certainty that they were going to rule the world because it's their natural right and I see Felicity as the opposite of that, but she's fighting it. That's why she assumes that the job she was hired for involves bringing the boss coffee, and why she tries to set boundaries to fight it.

It's not like Oliver and Diggle praise her a lot.  At one point, when they were expecting miracles and she produced them, she asked "What is it going to take to impress you guys?" whereas Laurel got a lot of praise from people generally (Quentin's "if you weren't a lawyer, you'd make a good spy.")

• Love 5

That was a great interview, and DR manages to talk about the show and this season's main themes without giving outright spoilers. I really liked how he sees Oliver as the brother he can save versus Andy as the brother he couldn't. 

eh I really liked that interview and I love Diggle and David Ramsey, but it definitely did have spoilers lol. (especially about the next episode, which I guess isn't that big of a deal) 

David seems really articulate though. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

Thanks for the link to the interview. Brandon Routh a lot more handsome and charming to me in real life than he is on the show.

Yeah BR seems like a cool guy. I actually do like Ray Palmer though. I don't find him that stalkerish lol. We haven't seen much of him yet so I am interested to see where they take him.  

Haha, thank you @ban1o! You rock. :D

I still think it's crazy to have Sara in flashbacks (unless it's flashbacks leading up to her death because there was something going on with her that we still don't know about) because what's the point? It will only show us how she had the perfect history/training/motivation to be BC which is stupid to show when they're trying to make Laurel BC. 

no problem! BTW I didn't physically type it out (can you imagine? lol) I just copied some bits from  ksitetv which has the written version of the interview. 

I do agree about the Sara flashbacks. IT seems kind of unnecessary now that they killed her off. But I guess it could tell us more about the league of assassins. 

Edited by ban1o

I do agree about the Sara flashbacks. IT seems kind of unnecessary now that they killer her off. But I guess it could tell us more about the league of assassins. 

I think the flashbacks will be more for Nyssa's development than anything else. I would really like to see the nature of their relationship and how she changed Nyssa in the present. I really want to see more of her on the show now that Sara is gone. Plus I just want to see her bond with Felicity. They seemed to really hit it off in episode 22! 

I think the flashbacks will be more for Nyssa's development than anything else. I would really like to see the nature of their relationship and how she changed Nyssa in the present. I really want to see more of her on the show now that Sara is gone. Plus I just want to see her bond with Felicity. They seemed to really hit it off in episode 22! 

Nyssa's probably dead too, before much longer. The way these EPs think, it'll be, 'there was nothing to really connect her to the show now that Sara's gone (and we love Sara, and Caity. So much. Honestly), so we decided that we could open up some new story avenues by killing her'. Plus, y'know, she's a woman. And worse than that, a woman who probably has no intention of jumping on Oliver's jock.

• Love 7

Loved the DR interview with the mentions of the Suicide Squad, HIVE, Deadshot and Andy.  Lots of Andy, in fact.  Interesting how he sees Diggle's relationship with Oliver a parallel of his with Andy. Hopefully with happier results.

Also liked that there seemed to be a complete lack of hints of relationship drama between Diggle and Lyla. I really hope that they can stay on an even keel this season.

Count me along those who don't see the point of fleshing out more of Sara's background. Maybe a bit here and there, I suppose, to show why Ra's would be coming to town but isn't that what Nyssa could be doing?  She's the best conduit at this point.  And a welcome one, at that. 

THanks for the info on the KC interview. I have no interest in watching it. The minute she refers to Laurel as strong and a warrior, I'm out.  She has no clue what those words actually mean.

• Love 2

LOL at how easy it was to track Thea. 

Shame no one thought to do that before! LOL @ Diggle, "What is it with your family and islands?"

Also, Oliver stop being a dickhead.

Also also, Roy. You are precious.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 11

Straight question didn't need lots of unnecessary dialogue Felicity. ...People who talk too much sometimes annoy me.

All she said is that she wasn't actually in Italy and that she tracked the text on her cell phone to Corto Maltese. You talk like she rambled about unicorns and ponies. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 9

I want Oliver to stop being such a dick to Felicity, what happened between the two of them is his fault anyway. Why is he so grouchy with her? Otherwise, cute clip :)

I get the feeling they might've just had a tiff - hence her being kind of sarcastic and him having that furrowed brow grouchface.

Edited by apinknightmare

Straight question didn't need lots of unnecessary dialogue Felicity. ...People who talk too much sometimes annoy me.

Felicity babbles . I th ink it's endearing. She uses as many words as she needs to explain what's in her head. But it's almost always relevant babbling.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 4

She wasn't talking too much in this scene though. Oliver asked Felicity where Thea was in Italy. Felicity said she wasn't there or anywhere near there. She then explained how she knew that (ping!) and told Oliver her location then left. :p Nothing unnecessary there. 

Regardless, it's in Felicity's nature to talk a lot. It's one of her characteristics that makes Felicity, Felicity. You take that away and she's less of the character a lot of people have come to love. It's okay to be annoyed by her though, some people don't like people who talk a lot. 

Oliver just seemed angry in general. He was glaring angrily at everyone, snapped at Felicity and his whole "that letter was addressed to you." line. 

Edited by ban1o

I get the feeling they might've just had a tiff - hence her being kind of sarcastic and him having that furrowed brow grouchface.

Pretty sure they were arguing about Felicity working for Ray, thus the look he gave her when she said she was going for work.

• Love 3

Yeah, I think so too. Fingers crossed that he's not too assy about it (a girl can dream).

... He's gonna be assy about it. :p And classic Felicity is not going to have any of it. 

Oliver really needs to learn how to be around people. Hopefully we see him grow on that front. 

• Love 1

And this is why I'm afraid keeping Felicity and Oliver apart romantically will ruin the TA dynamic. I am not here for Oliver bitchfacing Felicity all the time. Ugh. It's like TIIC have a white board full of ideas that will move the characters' journeys and story along in a smart, organic, character-driven way, and then they go - let's do the exact opposite of that.

• Love 15

It's possible I get enough of it in my real life. ...I mean, what?

No but she could've just said "She's not, she's in Corto Maltese" 

That's the kind of answer I expect from Diggle. Like I said, Felicity talks a lot as a character, It's what makes her character unique. You might not like it but that's cool. I personally think she could've said or done worse but that's just imo :p 

• Love 4

Pretty sure they were arguing about Felicity working for Ray, thus the look he gave her when she said she was going for work.

Agreed. I can't fault him for being upset about that really.

Like I said, Felicity talks a lot as a character, It's what makes her character unique. You might not like it but that's cool.

That's true and it's mostly entertaining..it came off more as nervous though..not sure why she is.

Edited by wingster55

... He's gonna be assy about it. :p And classic Felicity is not going to have any of it. 

Oliver really needs to learn how to be around people. Hopefully we see him grow on that front. 

Oh, I know he is. :)

I hope they at least come to some kind of understanding about things - I need the real sequel to that talk in the hallway at the hospital. I need them back to rights professionally, at least. Maybe they do talk this ep - isn't Oliver the one who convinces her to go to Central City?

• Love 1

I hope they at least come to some kind of understanding about things - I need the real sequel to that talk in the hallway at the hospital. I need them back to rights professionally, at least. Maybe they do talk this ep - isn't Oliver the one who convinces her to go to Central City?

I remember that Oliver and Felicity have a 'raw' conversation that leads to her going to central in episode 4. I hope that sort of concludes their fighting and they come to an agreement about things. Oliver has been a dick to Felicity and I hope she calls him out on that before she leaves. 

• Love 1

Agreed. I can't fault him for being upset about that really.

I can see why he would be a little upset but honestly jobs are hard to find and does he really expect her to work at "Tech village" over some snazzy new job that  pays a lot. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 2

And either Oliver or Roy would have asked how she knew. It's exposition to show her tech bonfides to the audience and a character trait that has been consistent all along.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

MG hinted that there would be another ILY discussed/mentioned or something. I wonder if its in this episode coming up; maybe he and Felicity have a talk at the end of the episode. If so, I hope it ends on a more agreeable note. I'm already tired of this distance.

• Love 7

Nyssa's probably dead too, before much longer.

I'll be very surprised if Nyssa survives the season. Even before Sara's death I figured she was marked for death. There was too much foreshadowing in that scene in 2x13 where Oliver tells Diggle that Ra's would raze Starling City to the ground if Nyssa died.

What is this about Laurel being on The Flash? Is that confirmed? *please say no please say no please say no*

Edited by Starfish35

I don't think they'll kill Nyssa. They said she plays an important part of this season and fills the gap lost by Sara's bad ass female character. Also it would look really bad if they killed off the 2nd queer female character. 

If they actually do kill her off, I will join you guys in anger against the show and it's poor treatment of female characters. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 2

And either Oliver or Roy would have asked how she knew. It's exposition to show her tech bonfides to the audience and a character trait that has been consistent all along.

Point.

What is this about Laurel being on The Flash?

I'd rather have Thea, Malcolm, and Lance there first.

Edited by wingster55

Swear to God if they kill both queer women on this show in one season.... I actually think Nyssa's going to survive, now that Sara hasn't. There's no "reason" to kill her off for any of these characters' journeys.

As far as a "raw" conversation between Oliver and Felicity, I'll believe it when I see it. The EPs touted the premiere convo as being raw, where declarations were made on both sides. That didn't happen. Then they or SA said that the second part of that conversation happened in Ep 2. Nope. I mean, yes, they had emotional conversations, but they weren't as described. What I remember them saying about Felicity going to CC was that she and Oliver had "a...conversation" that makes Felicity think it would be a good time to visit CC. I don't remember it being described as raw, but man, who can remember at this point?

• Love 5

Lmao, these two screencaps epitomize their relationship right now :p Felicity ain't having any of his shit. She's awesome. 

tumblr_ndrjxeIXka1rxxzwmo1_500.jpg

tumblr_ndrjxeIXka1rxxzwmo2_500.jpg

Like I said  in the Bitterness thread, Oliver acts like a dick and Felicity 'punishes' him for it. I have no desire to see either of these things. Felicity can be awesome without having to react to Oliver being a dumbass. But it seems like that'll be their dynamic for the foreseeable future.

• Love 2