Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

Are you looking at the Arrow page as a whole or the cast for "Checkmate" ? It's still showing up for me for the episode specific cast and it's on Colin's IMDB page too.

I figured it out -- my account is set to only ever show me reference pages. It shows up outside of the reference page. This is hilarity forever because the reference page is supposed to be the complete one. Hello dumb bug.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 2

From CBR interview with DR (posted in Spoilers thread) - sounds like a hint about Adrian Chase's story...

Dig owes Adrian Chase a great debt after Chase helped get him out of prison. Will we see those two interact again?
You are going to see it, and — obviously — people in our stories are built up just to be brought down, and brought down just to be built up. No one in our stories stays in our good graces for too long. But, for now, Adrian Chase is his hero! He has a lot of respect. He has major points with Diggle. So we’ll see where that goes, how that plays out. But, for now, he is very highly regarded in Diggle’s eyes.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ComicFan777 said:

Dig owes Felicity thanks, too - hope we see it.

Going off the interviews and WM's comments, it sounds like the focus is on Chase freeing Diggle and anything "dark" that Felicity might do with Pandora ... never mind that she used it to free Diggle. I hope that's just how it's coming across and not what we'll see in the episodes. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I wonder if it matters if they would do it when the show is on hiatus, but with Chicago Med that is not as possible as the Good Place. Since Good Place already wrapped up. 

Yeah. And it feels weird that they'd get him for a reveal in episode 16... and then that's it about Prometheus? What about the following 7 episodes?

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

He puts his mask back on so someone else can play him? 

We have a word in Portuguese that can both mean disappointing, and also when a dude loses an erection. I wanna use that word here.

• Love 10

So, I guess this means Tommy's not off practicing medicine in Chicago after all?  Damn, those aliens.

Beyond the WTFness of Tommy returning as the big villain, what on earth would cause him to blame Oliver for everything that went on in Season 1?  There would have to be a lot of explaining, plot twisting and hand waving to get me to believe it.  I don't think this is a shocking reveal I'd be happy with.

Just now, Belinea said:

If it actually were Tommy (which I have a hard time believing) would CD come back just to get killed off again? 

Since they could not even make Tommy appear in the 100th episode i have a hard time imagining they could bring him for the villain role. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

It will be revealed in the next episode it was actually Human Target with the face of Tommy Merlyn. 

That would be like what if someone mashed up Face Off and Inception. On a budget.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

If it was Tommy then he wouldn't need someone like Evelyn to get intel on the team. 

Not necessarily - he'd probably be very confused about who S5 Oliver is. And there are the newbies.

(But I don't think Tommy is Prometheus because I think they'd have to dedicate a lot of time to figuring out the story behind that - Tommy hated that Oliver killed in S1, so he went to train and became a killer himself? - and I just don't see them doing that much thinking in the writers' room this season.)

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

That would be like what if someone mashed up Face Off and Inception. On a budget.

My suspicions towards Human Target keeps staying strong. That reporter push from HT was always iffy to me. 

1 hour ago, MaisyDaisy said:

I think that's just JH trying to hawk 'sultry/sexy' that totally looks like an acting choice to me and not at all scripted. Not a smart acting choice though.

We'll see how she is in the rest of the episode but it might actually be smart for her to be making sex eyes at SA from the jump. Then people will start talking about their "chemistry" (even if it is forced or one-sided), which could help her get something more permanent than guest-star status. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Trisha said:

We'll see how she is in the rest of the episode but it might actually be smart for her to be making sex eyes at SA from the jump. Then people will start talking about their "chemistry" (even if it is forced or one-sided), which could help her get something more permanent than guest-star status. 

Or the scarey Olicity fandom will go after her with pitchforks!

I'd angle for the non threatening friend role unless I was sure I could be the beloved LI. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I think in popular culture, the demand for the 'badass sexy vixen' with little substance has really declined in desirability. If she were smart she would drop the sex bomb angle and go full on powerful strong woman who is not here to fulfill your sexual fantasies. She could aim to ride the current wave of female empowerment right to a spin off. But for that she would need the support of the female audience, one that is skewed towards a particular established pairing, one that already has BC fatigue. 

But yeah, I have been saying that I expect gas lighting about their amazing chemistry. I do think just like saint Laurel it will alienate viewers.

• Love 12

Well after looking at the various IMDb pages posted here should I assume we are getting a break from Wild Dog/Rene?  He's not listed in the episode cast listing.   I looked at his page and 5.13 is the last episode listed.  

So, if Tommy Merlyn is Prometheus will Malcolm turn out to be the big bad?  MM filmed with Kovar.  Oliver cut off his hand in S4 and took away his Ras ring and LOA minions.  Tommy would be suffering from the effects of the Lazarus Pit. 

Mom (not revealed) claimed  Clayborne was the father in a sealed file.  Do we know for sure.

Tommy = Promethius, Oliver =Epimetheus, Felicity = Pandora,  Malcolm = Zeus (LOL) ?

Tommy wouldn't have known about Diggle & Felicity when he died.  It might also explain why Thea hasn't been targeted.

• Love 1

God, if this isn't a keep your enemies closer type thing - now that we know Susie is doing a story about Billy's murder Oliver got impossibly more stupid for dating her, and them "progressing" (if it comes to that, which I guess it will?) will be so much more gross. YIKES, SHOW

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

God, if this isn't a keep your enemies closer type thing - now that we know Susie is doing a story about Billy's murder Oliver got impossibly more stupid for dating her, and them "progressing" (if it comes to that, which I guess it will?) will be so much more gross. YIKES, SHOW

I'm doing selective viewing tonight, and once I saw Rayporter noped right on out of that tab, but Arrow has one recent consistent trait - Oliver is dumb. 

• Love 2

I missed why.  I think originally he was thinking he and John would go.  John said the whole team needed to go.

Oliver does know that Rayporter is investigating Billy's death.  She tried to get a quote from Chase.

Edited by Sunshine

It's not airing yet here, but the fact that they brought up them not sleeping together makes me think they will at the end of the episode. Or it's really messed up and they sleep together when he forgives her for being a snake.

Just now, apinknightmare said:

I like how they waited until after Oliver was well aware that she's investigating a story about a guy he killed to have him sleep with her, like...it's idiocy x infinity.

It's totally stupid but that's Oliver for you. My personal favorite is that Susan is investigating Malone's death. Oliver/GA killed Malone, we know in 14 that something prompts the cops to go after GA for Billy's death. Could it be Susan's story? Is that why Felicity is looking into what Susan knows in 14? Trying to figure out if Susan knows Oliver is GA? If that's the case and Susan just set the cops on Oliver for her story I'm going to die laughing

• Love 8

We had Russia and dumb choices for sexual partners, we better not get a lunge in a few episodes or I will walk away from 'Arrow proudly brought to you from Painting with Numbers'. I don't even care if the season ends with Olicity, if they are not careful they are going to erode Oliver to the point where I don't want him anywhere near Felicity.

• Love 5