Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Just now, Sunshine said:

MG said Felicity isn't going to kill anyone but maybe she considers it?  Instead of controlling the souls of men maybe she blackmails them with the info in the files?        

Yeah I don't see her killing at all but blackmailing bad guys to get their help in tracking down and stopping Prometheus wouldn't surprise me.

I also left with theory that Felicity may create a hacktivist network of young hackers in a bid to find Prometheus. 

This could then lead to something more positive and legacy defining of it becomes like the Oracle network in the comics that could spread alerts and info of threats to Oliver and the other flarrowverse heroes

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

KP is saying EBR doesn't have scenes with KH or AG.

I hope he is wrong.

He also said Felicity wasn't at the mansion when the were filming the wedding party which she was. 

And if Felicity is hiding her identity from them she probably wouldn't be filming physical scenes with them.

So I'm not ruling out that spec just yet. 

But the recent Ep dies have me wondering if it's something else then Dark BOP

I really want Felicity to interact with others, I don't want it to be limited to the cyber world.

2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I think people bought into that Dark BOP a little too hard. 

I'm started to think so.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Since I truly couldn't be bothered to watch, how much of an angel is Tinah? Are people buying into it? Is it the bestest storyline ever and will it finally be the comic book live-reading everyone was hoping for?

In all seriousness, for the first time ever, I didn't even want to watch twitter mentions or anything else because I just couldn't bring myself to do it. 

On the arrow tag most people seemed receptive to her but I wouldn't say she's a fan favorite yet. 

But Felicity actually trended during the episode which makes me chuckle.

• Love 2
Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

I think people bought into that Dark BOP a little too hard. 

Probably.  It sounds a little more interesting than Felicity sits behind a computer and hacks.  I can't wrap my head around what she is going to actually do that is going to draw her away from the team.    

Just now, Sunshine said:

I can't wrap my head around what she is going to actually do that is going to draw her away from the team.    

Maybe she is morally drawn away and while that happens she is staying in her chair hacking. But since she is such a good hacker none of the others can tell... Also that storyline can be done with one scene, maybe (if you're really going for it) two. EBR scowls at the computer, types something in, somewhere something happens, she smirks, end of scene. Next week, new scene...Team says that more stuff like that happened. Cue Felicity.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I can't wrap my head around what she is going to actually do that is going to draw her away from the team.    

My guess is that she stays put in the lair, just dips her feet back into hacktivism and uses Pandora for missions, possibly taking to the dark web to get leads on Prometheus and doing more risky stuff like going out to meet people like she did tonight, only not as nice as that girl. Maybe she goes lone wolf on her own time?

• Love 4

I guess this is my fear and has been since Diggle's "arc".  Masks, masks, everywhere and a single scene for Felicity who otherwise is window dressing in the lair.  Look at Curtis on comms tonight.  WM is overselling and MG is countering everything so I'm thinking it's all much ado about nothing.  I guess I shouldn't complain - Thea and Lance are MIA.     

• Love 10
12 hours ago, LeighAn said:

Do Emily's eyebrows look like they've been cosmetically darkened? 

Maybe it means something, maybe it doesn't since the bolder, over drawn eyebrows is the new "it" look according to all the advertising that keeps popping up at the bottom of my page.  

5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

As much as I like Donna, if they're not going to bring her back, sure put Quentin with Tina/Dinah.   Being with a woman younger than your own daughter seems to be a thing.

I so don't think they will go there but PB was dating for a while the actress that plays Penny on The Big Bang Theory, so dude's got game.   ;p

9 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

My guess is that she stays put in the lair, just dips her feet back into hacktivism and uses Pandora for missions, possibly taking to the dark web to get leads on Prometheus and doing more risky stuff like going out to meet people like she did tonight, only not as nice as that girl. Maybe she goes lone wolf on her own time?

I guess my problem is I'm not seeing the downside of it.  Felicity did mention that in college it was an unhealthy power trip but she already uses info to take people down.  Blackmail to help take even bigger fish down just seems smart.  

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I guess my problem is I'm not seeing the downside of it.  Felicity did mention that in college it was an unhealthy power trip but she already uses info to take people down.  Blackmail to help take even bigger fish down just seems smart.  

At this point I just don't expect anything to live up to expectation or to make a whole lot of sense, so...IDK

• Love 3

It's a little weird that there weren't any EP interviews posted after the ep aired. I thought for sure there would be something singing Tinah's praises. Those would be up by now, right? I recall usually seeing them right when the ep is over on the east coast. 

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I saw this mentioned elsewhere.  I don't read comics but I did google.

Is Ghost Fox Goddess a play on DC's Ghost Fox Killer which was a woman tasked with killing evil men?  Felicity opened Pandora's Files (instead of box) which could contain the names of villains (evil).  GFK's domain is Hong Kong where she preys on Triad gangsters.  She has spies. (How about China White? Cupid? Lady Cop? Star City has Triad gangsters.)  

MG said Felicity isn't going to kill anyone but maybe she considers it?  Instead of controlling the souls of men maybe she blackmails them with the info in the files?        

I suspect Ghost Fox Goddess wasn't an original name based on these writers so I wouldn't be surprised. (I wish it was Ghost Fox Killer, and Felicity was a hard core Wu Tang fan.)

Honestly, I am looking forward to Felicity's arc. I suspect it won't be as good as I want it to be, but I'll take what I can get at this point. I liked the idea of Felicity having a dark BOP, but I'll take a group of dark web nerds instead.  

• Love 9

So far, I'm not seeing Felicity doing anything - or anything being set up - that would have anyone be mad at her for what she's doing. I guess they did just say "darker," so... Still disappointing. 

I'm also guessing we're not going to see Dinah meet Felicity, Diggle or Rory and she'll instead already be part of the team when 5x12 begins. 

Going off that promo, I'd think it's only Oliver, Diggle and Dinah going to Russia. Didn't see anyone else there from the team.  (Did I miss someone?) Hopefully the photos will show the others.

• Love 2

The promo for next week was pretty boring.  Is Tinah just going to canary cry all their problmes away now?

I think they really  oversold Felicity's storyline, going by this episode,maybe because Felicity fans were getting upset and they worried that they wouldn't be back in January.  She didn't seem to be going dark at all. Billy who?  So now I have to look for crumbs again.

1 hour ago, Trisha said:

I'm here for Felicity's new SL but I don't know if the motivation is what the spoilers/interviews made it out to be (so far). It's not her angst that motivated her; it's a fangirl giving her a data dump. I guess she could start examining her actions once she starts though, but I'm surprised it all kind of fell into her lap instead of her being pushed to the edge and choosing it. 

It fell into her lap because otherwise they would actually have to spend time telling her story and heaven forfend they do that when they have new masks to play with!

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The promo for next week was pretty boring.  Is Tinah just going to canary cry all their problmes away now?

Yeah, this is the problem there. (And I really don't want to hear that canary cry every week.) It's why I actually hope Prometheus has a dampener to use against her. Otherwise ... Prometheus, you'll be letting me down after knowing everything about BS/Sara/etc. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Oliver is going to show her another way.  With a team she's going to use her fighting skills more than her cry because she's not going to be an indiscriminate killer anymore. :-)

But I thought that Tina has more control than Black Siren?  Shouldn't she be better able to use it to not kill?  IF she can't, maybe just give her the sonic flash bombs since they worked so much better.  

I hope it's not just those three in Russia. I will not be pleased if we start getting Oliver, Dinah and Diggle scenes when for the last few years they have been telling us that they realise how important OTA is to the show- but giving us very little of it on the actual show. Do not give me OTA just with a Dinah/Felicity switcharoo. 

• Love 4

She can't use her cry too often unless the idea is for her to overshadow Green Arrow.  Not sure how it works in the comics.  I'm sure the CGI for the cry costs more than a swing and a miss too. :-)

2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I think the only one who isn't is Rene, who's running interference for Lance  because Shady Susie wants to interview him about his time in rehab like the asshole she is.

But don't you know - she's not going to betray Oliver because of "genuine feelings" so she's not bad. 

I will be actively cheering on Rene next week. Someone needs to have Lance's back. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

But don't you know - she's not going to betray Oliver because of "genuine feelings" so she's not bad. 

So much of what they say is going to happen is so vastly different from what actually happens I'm morbidly curious about how that even plays out. I'm not going to be watching though because Susan's face makes me want to punch my television.

• Love 6
(edited)

Why do I have the feeling that next week it's going to be A squad, O/T/D and B squad C/F/R when it comes to Russia scenes? B Squad gets to stay in the car while A Squad does the hero gig.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Why do I have the feeling that next week it's going to be A squad, O/T/D and B squad C/F/R when it comes to Russia scenes? B Squad gets to stay in the car while A Squad does the hero gig.

Fuck.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

Like, I'm 100% sure if they had sent Felicity to meet Tinah, she would have signed right up. 

If this was last season and/or Oliver and Felicity were still together, it totally would have happened too.

Oliver: Felicity, honey, I need a favor. [off Felicity's unimpressed look] I'll make you the homemade cookies you like. And do that other thing you appreciate.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I don't know about that. Looks like the whole team is facing down whomever they're facing downscreencap.thumb.JPG.50ce5922f132eced07c80541959c78f1.JPG

• Love 3
(edited)

Yeah, that's the end fight but, I'm talking about throughout the whole episode. I just get the feeling that they're going to split into 2 teams with the baby team being used for backup/comic relief while A Team goes out and gets to be badasses.

Then in the end, Rory dies, or sacrifices the power of the robes to stop the nuke exploding. If it's the latter Rory will probably leave the team to find his own path since he's not a fighter.

In any case, I do think this is the end of Rory for Arrow...have to make way for Dinah's cry no budget for both ?

Oh look Tina's his equal, she has to stand up front next to Oliver.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Looks like a fight breaking out in the bunker in 516 (the pic was posted a week ago). Poor abused bunker. Unless somebody is using the dais for practice area like Laurel and Sara did on the LoT premiere.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

My guess is Oliver finds out that she's about to "betray" him by writing about his time in Russia (aka doing her job), and he gives her a long, passionate speech about how she doesn't really want to be that kind of reporter (you know, the good kind) and how she should think about what kind of legacy she wants to leave behind - because Arrow loves to beat a dead horse when it comes to theme. And so she won't submit the expose to her editor, despite a mayor who's hiding a secret past being a legit good story. Suddenly she'll be all about ethics (even though they didn't seem to cross her mind when she started sleeping with the mayor while covering the city hall beat.)

Nothing bugs me more than DCTV's depiction of reporters...

• Love 14
35 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I thought they started filming 517 this week. This is from a week ago.

I saw Tuesday and thought it was from 2 days ago, my bad.

27 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

It could be prep for 517. The stunt team figures out all stunt sequences as far in advance as possible. They need to show the DP what they're planning for the camera work to, well, work.

True there is that, I just messed up the dates.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Cause you can't do a classic OTA callback episode, that would be silly.

Smh I think it's a good possibility. 

That reminds me of Oliver grabbing Diggle for a drink and telling Felicity to go to the hotel. I will be very mad if Oliver and Diggle grab Tinah and send Felicity with the kids. 

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Chaser said:

That reminds me of Oliver grabbing Diggle for a drink and telling Felicity to go to the hotel. I will be very mad if Oliver and Diggle grab Tinah and send Felicity with the kids. 

That's been my fear ever since we found out Tina is Dinah and especially when we saw Diggle and Dinah together in the promo. "Let's get a drink. Felicity, go back to the hotel with the kids. At least Isabel isn't here, right?" Cue Anatoly punch.

I will say that Rene's continual protests about hating/working with metas is a point in favor of Dinah/Rene happening because that's such a TV thing to do. "I hate metas. But now I'm going to date one!" (But please, don't let that be something he does every week. Did he not learn after The Flash and Supergirl saved him?) 

• Love 7

If they really do have Oliver off with Diggle and Tina (just so you know, I'm gonna call her Tina forever now) and Felicity with the others, they really are doing the most to keep O/F apart. Even more so while they pimp/prop the new canary. They can miss me with that.

And yeah, I can see Tina right up front with Oliver in that scene. Because she's his equal. *eye roll*