Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Stephen Amell posted a photo on his Instagram of his back bruised and bloody with a bullet hole. So I'm assuming he's going to be back on the lair table needed life saving again like he is once a season.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Stephen Amell posted a photo on his Instagram of his back bruised and bloody with a bullet hole. So I'm assuming he's going to be back on the lair table needed life saving again like he is once a season.

Yep. Probably to cue up the flashbacks, just like 1x14. 

When asked if we'll see more of Rory's abilities (like in the comics), JD: "Yeah, well, I think - what's kinda cool about the show - what's cool for me anyways - is we're kinda - because that is, let's say, a pretty out there concept, right? ... And because Arrow is of the - I guess, of the four shows - the most grounded in reality, we're sorta finding out what of that stuff works in this world and what doesn't. Um, the other thing that's sorta cool... Rory is sorta discovering these powers as he goes. You know, the rags were put on him in a - at a great inflection point when his parents were - you know, when everyone he knew was wiped off the face of the earth. So no one was really around to let him know the ins and outs of these powers. Uh, you will definitely see him stretch - I will say, you will definitely see him stretch the boundaries of those powers, um, as far as he can go. I won't say any more about that. But you will definitely see him really go to the - to the far reaches of those powers and see what they can do. So I will say that - that's one of my favorite episodes coming."

."

Its this part and Havenrock coming up and Wendy implying he will go his own way. 

5 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Its this part and Havenrock coming up and Wendy implying he will go his own way. 

And the whole teaching someone a Jewish Prayer. I'm not convinced he dies, I do think maybe he loses his powers and decides he needs a different path?

Who knows, the episode is called Bratva, maybe he signs up? LOL

In either case (death or departure) the timing stinks because now I'm automatically assuming they wrote him out to make room for Tina.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

And the whole teaching someone a Jewish Prayer. I'm not convinced he dies, I do think maybe he loses his powers and decides he needs a different path?

Who knows, the episode is called Bratva, maybe he signs up? LOL

In either case (death or departure) the timing stinks because now I'm automatically assuming they wrote him out to make room for Tina.

Which if they listened to fan feedback at all Wild Dog and Curtis are the most disliked newbies so it really should be one of them getting the chop for Tina. 

I mean I don't get the logic of losing a semi well liked character like Rory for a character the writers are hoping having a canary cry will make her Insta popular but is wholey untested.

• Love 5

Crackpot theory (since in comics Ragman's suit absorbs souls): maybe Rory meets someone while they are in Russia who knows about the rags - he finds out that the source of his powers are all the souls from Havenrock were absorbed in his suit, at some point says a prayer for the dead as a form of repentance for somehow using their souls for his suit, and decides to stay in Russia for the time being with the wise person to learn more about how he can free them...

• Love 3

Well, maybe Arrow has decided that they can only have one person with powers on the team at once. So Rory and his magic rags have to leave to make room for Tina and her metahuman canary cry. I'm just going to hope that Rory decides to leave on his own and isn't killed off. At least have him out there somewhere with the option of coming back in the future. 

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Which if they listened to fan feedback at all Wild Dog and Curtis are the most disliked newbies so it really should be one of them getting the chop for Tina. 

I mean I don't get the logic of losing a semi well liked character like Rory for a character the writers are hoping having a canary cry will make her Insta popular but is wholey untested.

13 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Well, maybe Arrow has decided that they can only have one person with powers on the team at once. So Rory and his magic rags have to leave to make room for Tina and her metahuman canary cry. I'm just going to hope that Rory decides to leave on his own and isn't killed off. At least have him out there somewhere with the option of coming back in the future. 

Maybe they don't have the budget to do CGI for.both characters? LOL

38 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

Crackpot theory (since in comics Ragman's suit absorbs souls): maybe Rory meets someone while they are in Russia who knows about the rags - he finds out that the source of his powers are all the souls from Havenrock were absorbed in his suit, at some point says a prayer for the dead as a form of repentance for somehow using their souls for his suit, and decides to stay in Russia for the time being with the wise person to learn more about how he can free them...

That would be really deepen the character and his motivations, which means we probably won't get it.  I wish we could, though.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

That sounds entirely possible, just budget-wise.

• Love 1

With Tina the meta super fighter and Curtis with his fancy new tech weapons, the writers are going to have to write more powerful villains or else Team Arrow is going to seem too powerful for street thugs.  Heck, if Tina's scream is as powerful as Black Siren's, she could wipe out criminals from a distance so no need for Green Arrow anymore.

• Love 7

I had a feeling Rory would be the first newbie to go, mainly because I liked him. Haha. So annoying. 

And I'm not saying this is what's happening but if he is being removed to make way for Tina and her CGI canary cry, it's not going to endear me to her. At all.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

With Tina the meta super fighter and Curtis with his fancy new tech weapons, the writers are going to have to write more powerful villains or else Team Arrow is going to seem too powerful for street thugs.  Heck, if Tina's scream is as powerful as Black Siren's, she could wipe out criminals from a distance so no need for Green Arrow anymore.

Yeah, see, this is the problem with all the "Tina is Oliver's equal" talk. Unless they plan to tell Tina that she can only use her canary cry as a last resort and are somehow going to enforce that or have her say that she can't use it all the time because of X reason even though we see her use it in a bar in a situation where, if she's such a good fighter, she probably didn't need to ... what's the point of having a team? It's great so that Oliver can go be mayor, but what about when he's GA? That's the problem with having her around on a permanent basis. 

Also, since Prometheus seems to be such a genius, I expect him to have a dampener to use against her by her second week in Star City, if not already because he could already know she exists. 

• Love 11
Just now, Angel12d said:

I had a feeling Rory would be the first newbie to go, mainly because I liked him. Haha. So annoying. 

And I'm not saying this is what's happening but if he is being removed to make way for Tina and her CGI canary cry, it's not going to endear me to her. At all.

Yeah I was just about to say if he leaves an Episode after Tina joins the writers are crazy if they don't think People will see this as him being cut so they can have Canary 3.0

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I wonder if they're pulling Oliver out of the GA suit to give Tina the big role? Similar to "killing" Oliver so Laurel could get her Black Canary Trilogy.

I had the same feeling. Strange, for all their talk about not being able to make a GA show without BC, they certainly have to remove the lead just to make BC relevant. 

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I wonder if they're pulling Oliver out of the GA suit to give Tina the big role? Similar to "killing" Oliver so Laurel could get her Black Canary Trilogy.

Yeah, I thought the same. Also, remember, Oliver's love is the city this season, so he has to give it some attention as its mayor. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Arrow replacing Rory with Tina... Yeah. That doesn't make me like her. Hope she's gone ASAP. -_-

What would need to happen for them to get rid of her?

She looks like a typical angry/aggressive chick in the promo. I don't like angry aggressive masks. Sara was badass but a lovely person. Laurel was prickly but I didn't mind her. I actually LIKED the 2 previous BCs so this one is really not going to cut it especially if she's going to keep looking Angry! 

10 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

What would need to happen for them to get rid of her?

I have no clue... It seems as though the majority of the internet fandom isn't interested in her. Let's just hope the critics don't care either and aren't swayed by the obvious/forced 'badass' nature of Tina (y'know, the anger, smirks, good fighter)

• Love 5

If anything, I think they are listening to reactions, given 510 imo (toned down Wild Dog, Felicity having something to do, Oliver and Felicity actually acting as if they had history, Curtis leaning towards tech, etc.). It might be connected or it might be what they planned all along, but idk the idea that they might actually be concerned about reactions and writing towards them gives me better hope that they'll be testing the waters a bit more for Tina (balancing 511 with a plot with Talia and a subplot about Diggle and Felicity, having 512 be focused on Oliver, Diggle, Felicity, and Rory according to EPs, 513 be about Mayor Queen and an established newbie, etc.) instead of kind of stuffing her in like Susan or Wild Dog. 

• Love 3

Since Supergirl is down to 0.65-0.7 I'm assuming Arrow is going to stay at the low end 0.6 or the mid 0.5 low 0.5 range regardless, I'd be surprised if Tina could push them over Supergirls ratings but who knows.

The writers are dogmatic in their desire to make the newbies work so I don't see them course correcting, they're still trying to appeal to the fans about Wild Dog despite admiting the fandom hates him. If Tina is the next level Wild Dog she will probably become Felicitys BFF in an attempt to get the audience to like her.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Since Supergirl is down to 0.65-0.7 I'm assuming Arrow is going to stay at the low end 0.6 or the mid 0.5 low 0.5 range regardless, I'd be surprised if Tina could push them over Supergirls ratings but who knows.

I'm guessing the decent reception to the last episode may help. 

What will either make Tima sink or swim for me is how she will interact with the established team.

I really didn't care for Sara at first. When she came down the stairs complaining that Laurel (who had major issues going in at the time) wasn't welcoming her with open as and decided to soothe her self by having sex with Oliver. The whole taking him to Laurels for the Lance family dinner just cemented my distaste. BUT, he approach to the team chipped away at my dislike, even when she disagreed with them, she felt like she viewed them with respect. 

Laurel on the other hand, I feel suffered from KCs headcanon again, she brought into the whole BC is the leader (in comics) so came across to me at times as an unearned authoritarian, with a false sense of superiority. 

If Tina in all her 'she is Oliver's equal, his peer which he hasn't had before' *cough Sara cough*, starts giving orders which Felicity and Digg defer to, then I am done, if she takes a lead roll as 'Oliver's equal' I will be done. 

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I'm guessing the decent reception to the last episode may help. 

Yeah but enough to push it over Supergirl though?

I mean I suppose no Lethal Weapon could help.

I feel like Arrows veiwership has bottomed out regardless of what happens creatively going forth. At this point I'd be very surprised if Olicity sex once an episode wound dramatically improve much unfortunately.

I guess we will see. If they do jump over Supergirls numbers expect Marc to crow about it.

2 minutes ago, MaisyDaisy said:

If Tina in all her 'she is Oliver's equal, his peer which he hasn't had before' *cough Sara cough*, starts giving orders which Felicity and Digg defer to, then I am done, if she takes a lead roll as 'Oliver's equal' I will be done. 

Here's the problem - if Oliver is off being mayor, who is acting as the leader on the team? I'd love to see Diggle and Felicity take charge, but we could see Tina doing that, especially with this "Tina is Oliver's equal" they're pushing. That could be why there are "tensions in the lair" or whatever it said in the 5x13 description. 

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

If he's gone (but not dead I'm sure) it won't matter what they say, the timing will say all I need to hear. 

31 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I have no clue... It seems as though the majority of the internet fandom isn't interested in her. Let's just hope the critics don't care either and aren't swayed by the obvious/forced 'badass' nature of Tina (y'know, the anger, smirks, good fighter)

I'm concerned though by the number of people that are trying to talk themselves into it though.  "It's not what I want, but...."  

A lot will depend on her comic origins too I think. 

• Love 1
Just now, LeighAn said:

Yeah but enough to push it over Supergirl though?

OH lord no haha! It'll have to be an amalgam of things:

• People liking Tina
  • Liking the last episode
  • There being no competition

Even then it likely wouldn't push over Supergirl...

1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

OH lord no haha! It'll have to be an amalgam of things:

• People liking Tina
  • Liking the last episode
  • There being no competition

Even then it likely wouldn't push over Supergirl...

Well the James as Guardian thing on Supergirl is pretty awful and I swear getting worse.  They might take themselves out of the competition.  

• Love 1

Has Dinah - Quentin's ex, mother of Sara & Laurel - ever been referred to in show as a Drake?  I'm wondering if Tina is going to be either a relative of Dinah Drake or named Dinah Drake and goes by Tina.  Boland could also be a married name.  This will probably appease some who rejected Sara because she didn't have the name. She appears to be a metahuman with a sonic cry.  She's the best fighter ever.  MG did say she would have deep comic roots.  Are there any other Black Canary's besides DD & DLL?  If she is a Drake, maybe she and Quentin fall for each other and have a daughter DLL in honor of the original Black Canary  :-) 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, MaisyDaisy said:

Well the fact that they actually onscreen established that Felicity is Olivers ACTUAL equal and not just saying it in an Wendy "over sell creates tumblr metas that contradict the showrunner" Mericele interview makes me feel better about Tina knowing her place. (Let's not forget Wendy's Artemis comments vs Marc's)

They had Felicity comfortable enough to make her own orders and the Team listen and respect her orders and even have Olivef deffer to her orders/plans.

• Love 3

I don't see them having someone who just came onto the team acting as a leader on her first few episodes on the show no matter what their codename is. That would be really stupid even for them imo and I would be pissed off if they try to push that. Not even Sara did that and she was pushed just as hard as BC.

I think the whole equal to Oliver thing will come down to her being a great fighter and not being treated like the rest of the newbies in the sense that Oliver won't train her like the rest of the newbies who he treated like inferior fighters and put them  through some pretty aggressive training. Basically I think she'll be treated as a fully formed fighter and hero from the start. 

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 6

Laurel was doing just that the moment she found out about Oliver

4 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

I don't see them having someone who just came onto the team acting as a leader on her first few episodes on the show no matter what their codename is. That would be really stupid even for them imo and I would be pissed. Not even Sara did that and she was pushed just as hard as BC.

• Love 6