Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Chaser said:

My favorite Felicity/Diggle moment was in an OTA scene. When Diggle was caught in the middle of Felicity's mother and Oliver's cordon blue. The way he got quiet after meeting Felicity's glare. Lol The scene was gold.

Not to mention episode 403 :') That episode made me so happy!

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

I kinda blame Felicity for this lol Remember in 502 where she implored Oliver to reveal himself to the newbs so they could trust him?

True, but at that point he had starting training them at his Lair and they hadnt just been betrayed....twice. Lol

Just now, Chaser said:

True, but at that point he had starting training them at his Lair and they hadnt just been betrayed....twice. Lol

OLIVER YOU'RE SO DUMB. It's sad. I don't think Felicity now would trust Tina when just 9 episode ago she would :(

• Love 2

That's why it's so stupid that it sounds like the only real requirement is the Canary cry. And sure, bringing someone in from another city probably reduces the chance of her already working for Prometheus, and they'd never do that with the next BC, but it's still a risk. 

Though, looking at it from Tina's POV, why would she move to Star City if she didn't know who they are?

I just hope she's the last one to find out who they are this season. At this point, I'm waiting for Random Person on the Street to put the pieces together because it's so obvious. 

20 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

OLIVER YOU'RE SO DUMB. It's sad. I don't think Felicity now would trust Tina when just 9 episode ago she would :(

I hope she doesn't trust her without checking her out thoroughly.  But I'm not convinced the writers won't make Felicity stupid-for-plot too.  They clearly want to rush into having Tina be BC.

• Love 2

Well doesn't the description say Curtis finds her? And he's the one to bring up her cry in the promo. So maybe Curtis and Felicity are splitting the work so they can thoroughly check out everyone? 

I may be giving them too much credit. 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 1

I feel very slow.

This whole Tina is like Helena, Sara. That trouble girl he is going to save and sleep with and yada yada yada because he failed then and now he wont and etc etc etc. I see that argument as a way to set up Tina and Oliver and end Olicity. But doesn't that arguement apply more to Felicity? They are setting Felicity done this dark place, down a path she will need to be pulled back forth. A whole arc taking her to season's end and the Big Bad. 

Tina has already been thru an island. She is already a vigilante and Oliver just has to convince to change her ways and join his Team. We already know she is joining his Team on their trip to Russia...like the next episode.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 5

If only we could get through the whole Canary life cycle in one episode:

1. Wear Black Leather and Cross Arms (matching nail/lip color optional)

2. Have Canary Cry and ride a motorcycle

3. Argue with Oliver

4. Sleep with Oliver

5. Be told she has a "light inside of her" and/or tell Oliver he has a "light inside of him"

6. Make friends with Felicity

7. Die by arrow(s)

8. Come back from the dead

9. Leave for good

• Love 19

I just had an unwelcome thought. Introducing Talia in the flashbacks isn"t going to cut down on Anatoly, is it? OK, he's definitely there in 512 as he should be, but still. Also, Tina looks really thin. Also also, Curtis goes out in his day clothes when they track her down? He's like Oliver, it's all about the extremes.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Chaser said:

Tina has already been thru an island. She is already a vigilante and Oliver just has to convince to change her ways and join his Team. We already know she is joining his Team on their trip to Russia...like the next episode.

He probably complimented her on her motorcycle and her all black outfit and because he (once again) gave away his secret identity, she now is on board. Trips included.

I guess she truly already has everything. Expect the name and sex with Oliver. But Tina comes close to sounding like Dinah and the sex with Oliver will soon be taken care of. So, I guess full replacement on every level. Maybe she used to have a flower shop.

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Sunshine said:

They are just whatever is filming when the photographer is on set. Sometimes it means something. Most times it means nothing.

I think this is correct.

Somebody who use to work on a CW show said that the CW employs 1-2 set photographers who travel to EVERY set they usually are only there for one day of filming, they take photos of what ever is filming at the time, the CW marketing then chooses what to release and then the media chooses what to publish. 

As far as I've been told there is actually no ulterior motives when it comes to what they shoot.

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, LeighAn said:

I think this is correct.

Somebody who use to work on a CW show said that the CW employs 1-2 set photographers who travel to EVERY set they usually are only there for one day of filming, they take photos of what ever is filming at the time, the CW marketing then chooses what to release and then the media chooses what to publish. 

As far as I've been told there is actually no ulterior motives when it comes to what they shoot.

And yet is has to be repeated every time stills are released that don't feature EBR/Felicity. Maybe you should just copy and paste this post every week to be safe?

• Love 5

The mark on Reporters wrist looks to be a triangle. Possibly similar to the branding Oliver got from the LOA. A Reporter/Talia connection could be possible.

Maybe Reporter isn't really investigating Olivers time in Russia, maybe Reporter is looking for Talia.

• Love 2

Here's WM's spoiler about Rory...

-- WM: "Then with Ragman, there's a really cool story coming up for him in episode 512 that we're really excited about that will set him on a slightly different path, but ultimately he'll still be kind of working with the team." (Jan. 25, 2017 Mashable article, page 52 of Spoilers thread) 

Just kidding (mostly)...

S1 Oliver - "I am the Hood and a killer."
S2 Oliver - "I am the Arrow and not a killer."
S3 Oliver - "I can only be the Arrow... Not."
S4 Oliver - "I can be both Oliver Queen and the Green Arrow... Not."
S5 Oliver - "I can be both Mayor Queen and the Green Arrow...(?)"
S6 Oliver - "Do I want to be with bff blonde Betty Felicity or sexy new brunette Veronica Tina?"

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

We haven't seen more than 2 seconds of Tina yet all of a sudden oliver wants to be with her? Do people forget he's still with the reporter? 

I kinda get why some would be worried... But maybe we should see how they interact before making any claims? 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

We haven't seen more than 2 seconds of Tina yet all of a sudden oliver wants to be with her? Do people forget he's still with the reporter? 

I kinda get why some would be worried... But maybe we should see how they interact before making any claims? 

Ya I mean, how rude was it of Oliver tonforce Felicity to just a party for his Ex at her house, after he just killed her Boyfriend!  That asshole!

• Love 5
5 hours ago, LeighAn said:

I think this is correct.

It's more than two photographers, the CW hires them out of a photo agency in Vancouver. We can figure this out by looking at the CW PR photo credits. These latest Arrow stills were taken by two different photogs. The Talia/flashback pics are credited to Michael Courtney, the Tina/present day scenes are credited to Katie Yu. The latest Supergirl stills were also taken by two different photogs. The latest Flash and SPN stills were shot by the same person.

But yeah, each photographer is on a set for a day. Some episodes get 2 days of stills, some episodes get 1 day. And all the photogs rotate between all Vancouver shows, not just DCTV. Each show's production manager do try to get the still photog to be on set on the day the ~special guest star~ is around, but that doesn't happen every time.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 2

Even if Chase is going to die like in comics, it could be in a later season.  We haven't seen much of him yet - I don't think.  I think a compelling part of his story was him slowly going crazy - it feels like we've only scratched the surface of his story.  It would be good to build him up more with the audience for his death to have more impact.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Doesn't Chase kill himself in the comics and they made some comment in an interview that they were following his comic storyline? I don't remember the exact quote, but I remember wondering if they'd follow that storyline. 

I hope not. Not only am I starting to like him he has chemistry with both Oliver and now Diggle. I want him on the show. Plus he's hot!

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, EmilyBettFan said:

I want him on the show. Plus he's hot!

Him and David Ramsey in the room together was like a really good dream. Although he has sentient eyebrows, especially obvious in the scene with Oliver in his office.

tumblr_oke7z7MyML1vq3qe1o3_500.gif

tumblr_ojxjesGYOy1s239dso3_250.gif

They can probably smell fear!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Because it was also obvious it was impossible for Tina to be BC until a while ago.

When was it obvious it was impossible for Tina to be BC? Certainly no one on this board said it was. I recall people being skeptical, but that's it. 

Edited by wonderwall
4 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

When was it obvious it was impossible for Tina to be BC? Certainly no one on this board said it was. I recall people being skeptical, but that's it. 

This is the opposite of what I meant to achieve with my post. My point was if we avoid to fight the board becomes a better place for everyone. If that's an opinion no one else shares by all means keep going and forget about what I said.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

This is the opposite of what I meant to achieve with my post. My point was if we avoid to fight the board becomes a better place for everyone. If that's an opinion no one else shares by all means keep going and forget about what I said.

But now that you brought it up, you didn't answer my question... No one on this board said it was impossible especially after the first episode when laurel said that she didn't want to be the last black Canary. 

I guess my point was... Speculating is fine. But I've seen a lot of people just flat out claim she's the love interest when we haven't even seen 2 seconds of her on screen. I mean saying oliver was going to throw the party caused a lot of upset even though we didn't know what would go down. So why make claims that would cause a lot of unhappiness before we get more evidence? 

It was flat out claims like that, that made me avoid the spoilers thread for a while. Because it just made everyone miserable and it just felt depressing coming onto this thread. 

But ok. I'll let it go before I get any warning points. Maybe I should avoid this thread until it's clear or not about Tina's LI status. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

But now that you brought it up, you didn't answer my question... No one on this board said it was impossible especially after the first episode when laurel said that she didn't want to be the last black Canary. 

I guess my point was... Speculating is fine. But I've seen a lot of people just flat out claim she's the love interest when we haven't even seen 2 seconds of her on screen. I mean saying oliver was going to throw the party caused a lot of upset even though we didn't know what would go down. So why make claims that would cause a lot of unhappiness before we get more evidence? 

I said that because it's something I recall reading on here so I wrote it as an example because it's the first thing that came into mind. But since I can be wrong and I don't want to point the finger towards anyone, since being wrong seems a big deal when it shouldn't I prefer to end it here.

And for the record people argued so well, with good reasonable arguments, against Tina being BC that I was convinced too so I was the first to be wrong about that as well.

I see the point of your argument but I also think that not everyone is the same, so if someone wants to speak about something I'm not the one to tell them not to. And I say this as someone who said and still thinks Tina won't be Oliver's LI so it's not like it's an opinion I share either. I only wish that we could discuss in a nice, funny way as it was happening lately, regardless of the differences of POVs. That was the whole point of my post.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, EmilyBettFan said:

I hope not. Not only am I starting to like him he has chemistry with both Oliver and now Diggle. I want him on the show. Plus he's hot!

They seem to be making the same mistakes this season by potentially getting rid of the rising new characters with potential and keeping the characters that people are having a hard time warming up to. See: Rory/Chase if these two spoilers are true vs Wild Dog/Susan. I won't count Tina since we have barely seen her in action yet. 

• Love 2

The only new characters I like in this season of increasing multitudes are Rory and Chase. So they'd better not send one off and kill the other.  You want a sacrifice for the season?  Here, take Susan.

44 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

At least we can all agree that they better not put Tina in fishnets, right? But after her line about their costumes in the trailer, I'm thinking/hoping that won't happen. 

Even more than fishnets, I hate the shorts.  It's ridiculous for someone going in to fight all the time to be wearing shorts.

The reason I like this board so much is because the people here are smart, creative, reasonable ( no one here has suggested that when Felicity said "but first we have to take care of your ex, who isn't really your ex", she was referring to herself).  I like being able to speculate and it being acceptable to state my wildest fears.  I hope it stays that way.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 8

I read that Tumblr post about Felicity referring to herself as 'ex.'

I was very confused by that reasoning. Too me it was a straight up dig at Oliver prioritizing 'saving BS because of a logic fail' over going after Prometheus.   

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ComicFan777 said:

I think this spoiler discussion would get pretty boring if you had to be 100% sure about something to contribute...so what's everyone's crazy theories?

Tina is actually an alternate Dinah Drake who's going to go all BS on the crew in revenge for something stupid that her OQ did (and it turns out he is Prometheus). She dies and E2 LL comes back as BS, gets redemption and rejoins the show as Oliver's S6 love interest. FS and WD then start dating.

• Love 4

To me "first we have to take care of your ex, who's not really your ex" means that this Laurel isn't his ex because she's from Earth2 and she's Earth2 Oliver's ex.

The idea that "not really your ex" refers to Felicity herself because she hasn't given up on getting back together with him is a leap too far for me.

ETA:  I'd love the idea of Tina being Talia's kid.  That would make sooooo much sense, including why she's willing to go with the to Russia so soon.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4

I think reasonable speculation or worrying about Tina is fine. But sometimes conversation about Tina being a love interest is treated like a foregone conclusion and that being right is more important then making conversation, when in reality there's no evidence that Tina will be a love interest. It just comes across to me sometimes very gloaty.

However I acknowledge that that behaviour then leads to those not convinced she's a love interest to also act in the same way when there's also no evidence that she's not a love interest.

But 5B is here now and Tinas coming up next week so it won't take long for us to get an answer either way if she's a love interest or not.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

ETA:  I'd love the idea of Tina being Talia's kid.  That would make sooooo much sense, including why she's willing to go with the to Russia so soon.

I love that this forum is questioning Tina going to Russia and trying to come up with some sort of logical explanation because I doubt the show cares how strange it looks. It really is probably going to be, "team has a mission in Russia. Let's go," and may or may not include a "you have a passport, right?"

However, is no one going to question Diggle leaving the country after being in prison for however long it is? Wouldn't he want to spend time with his wife and kid? I'm going to assume it has to be some big important mission - or related to him being framed - for him to jet off so soon. 

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I love that this forum is questioning Tina going to Russia and trying to come up with some sort of logical explanation because I doubt the show cares how strange it looks. It really is probably going to be, "team has a mission in Russia. Let's go," and may or may not include a "you have a passport, right?"

However, is no one going to question Diggle leaving the country after being in prison for however long it is? Wouldn't he want to spend time with his wife and kid? I'm going to assume it has to be some big important mission - or related to him being framed - for him to jet off so soon. 

Haha yeah that was my thinking to. That the writers thought process is Tinas on the team therefore Team does Tina does.

• Love 1

Just speculating but if Tina is Talia's daughter, can you imagine how much the LoA would want a someone with her metahuman scream power?  Would Ra's have gone after  her?  If he did, would Talia have protected her, or forced her to work for the LoA because she was LoA to the death like Nyssa was?  Maybe Tina went into hiding because of them and when she finds out the LoA is gone, she's willing to come out of hiding and work with Oliver?  There is some much story there, it could be its own graphic novel.

• Love 2

If they established that Oliver is in communication with Sara/The Legends then they would also have to acknowledge that they could have made last episode into a webisode by having Oliver check Black Sirens story out haha.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

no one here has suggested that when Felicity said "but first we have to take care of your ex, who isn't really your ex", she was referring to herself

Lol yeah that was wayyyyy out there.  Hoofbeats and zebras territory. :)

Edited by Starfish35

Despite the shared universe, I think that they're going to avoid any mention of Sara (or any reminder of her existence) for the rest of this season on Arrow because:

1. It would just highlight the stupidity of Laurel's dying words being "Please don't let me be the last Canary."
2. It would invite comparisons between Sara and the New Black Canary.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 8