Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Yeah, the voice really doesn't sound like a female. Thea really doesn't make sense to me, but SO MANY people think it's her, just because it would be the most "shocking" person. But how could Thea possibly be redeemed if it was her? Her character would remain a villain or be killed off during her "redemption."

To me, it sounds like it could be a modulated female voice, but it really could go either way. But I really don't think it's Thea - I can't think of any context in which that would make sense, even if she has been training with Merlyn.

• Love 1

To me, it sounds like it could be a modulated female voice, but it really could go either way. But I really don't think it's Thea - I can't think of any context in which that would make sense, even if she has been training with Merlyn.

Yeah I agree. It doesn't really make sense. Merlyn has not reason to kill Sara. And Thea doesn't either. I think that theory is just popular because people are trying to think of the most shocking result. -I've heard of people who think it's Oliver and Roy lol. 

I doubt the actor/person who made the voice that said "Sara" is even the character who it is. It could have just been a stock voice the show used. 

Edited by ban1o

I think they must tell Lance because IIRC there were some pictures of Laurel, Quentin and Nyssa filming scenes together. I can maybe understand why Laurel doesn't want to tell him for health reasons but she has to. There is no way around it. It would be unbelievable otherwise.

And I guess they have to have a secret burial because they don't want anyone to find out that Sara was a secret masked vigilante/assassin by night which would happen if they handed her body over to the Police.

Well, unless they're being tricky with the shots (which, granted, isn't unheard of) Quentin's not at the burial. There were only 5 people in the long shot they showed of the cemetery in one of the preview clips, and those five are Oliver, Laurel, Felicity, Roy and Diggle per the close ups. So either they don't tell Quentin right away, or he finds out later. Either way, from what we can see, he's not there when they bury her. I think they don't tell him right away, which is probably part of the reason why they're being secretive about it. There's an assassin coming to town next ep who is arrowing people, so it's not like they couldn't have set it up to look like he killed Sara so she could be buried properly.

Also, since her body isn't going to be prepped, ugh. The eventual stench.

What's the mystery? I'm not even watching, and I already know that it will turn out to have been Ra's Al Ghul, or at least on his orders. Otherwise, why is he slated to appear in season 3? The Merlyn connection is too tangential to really make Oliver care, and Nyssa is probably going to be killed too, by the mid-season finale (let's face it, her death could really open up a lot of storylines. Right?)

What's the mystery? I'm not even watching, and I already know that it will turn out to have been Ra's Al Ghul, or at least on his orders. Otherwise, why is he slated to appear in season 3? The Merlyn connection is too tangential to really make Oliver care, and Nyssa is probably going to be killed too, by the mid-season finale (let's face it, her death could really open up a lot of storylines. Right?)

I don't think Nyssa is going to die at least not in the first half. Her connection to Ra's Al Guhl is integral to this season. 

You're probably right that the death has something to do with Ra' Al Guhl. 

I can't see it being Thea. It would certainly have the shock factor and be dark, but Oliver being 'responsible" for Sara's first death and then Thea actually killing her? They are already killed the romance between O and L, that would destory the friendship too. I don't think they would go there.

Not for Katie Cassidy.

I am sure that even if the story goes in the direction where Thea killed Sara in cold blood, Katie Cassidy would go to a con and say that it was such a beautiful moment that brought Oliver and Laurel closer and now they are more in love with each other.

OMG ... as if the stupid story line was not bad enough, I am just reminded that she would be BC this season. Yikes.

I am sure that she had it her contract that she would become Black Canary otherwise I do not see any other reason or for her to become BC.

• Love 4

I agree that it's more likely Thea (and not Laurel) who won't meet her comic destiny.  If Laurel decides not to become BC, then, with Sara's death, there will be no BC - and I doubt the EPs would go that path, esp. if they still harbor hopes of a BOP spin-off in the future.

A third, kinda compromise path to Laurel's journey of "am I me or my sister" is this - Laurel decides that she's not her sister, the Canary, but will become her own kind of superhero, the Black Canary.  So she's still Laurel, but she's still BC.  A cop-out, I know.  Yes, she would continue her hypocrisy of being a DA who prosecutes law-breakers by day while being a law-breaking vigilante by night.  But consistency has never been one of her character traits.

That's what they're going to do. Laurel will be her own kind of Black Canary, not an assassin because the Laurel-lovers says that an awful person and not good enough to be the Black Canary, but her own, blackmailing arm-twisting-a-man-in-a-hospital-bed kind of Canary.

There is no way these EPs are going to let KC/Laurel not become the Black Canary.

This whole thing just feels sleazy. I have no clue who decided that this was the way to get rid of Sara, but they need to be fired. Just an awful way to treat her character. Shot and dropped in the garbage, then dumped in a reopened grave in the middle of the night without bothering to tell anyone. Gross.

Yes, but we'll see her in flashbacks so it's all okay.  The EPs love her, don't ya know?  [/sarcasm]

OMG ... as if the stupid story line was not bad enough, I am just reminded that she would be BC this season. Yikes.

I am sure that she had it her contract that she would become Black Canary otherwise I do not see any other reason or for her to become BC.

Or at least, they would have waited till the end of the season. Unless they really are that delusional that they think the only reason people don't like Laurel is because she's not the Black Canary yet.

I ad a crazy thought but wasn't going to mention it but @thecatbastet mentioned it elsewhere so I figured if 2 of us thought about it maybe not so crazy. What is it's Tommy? What if Ra's resurrected Tommy, brain washed him, trained him all to use against Malcolm.

Crazy I know but it's the only shocking person, Ra's is just so obvious.

But how could Thea possibly be redeemed if it was her?

Maybe she won't. I hope it's not the case but having someone Oliver loves going full on dark/evil is something that hasn't happened yet..it's been teased with Tommy and Moira but hasn't been executed. 

What is it's Tommy? What if Ra's resurrected Tommy, brain washed him, trained him all to use against Malcolm.

I'd like it..kinda.

Speaking of..Colin mentioned a specific circumstance that brought Tommy to China...the vagueness was interesting (also he said that Tommy and Oliver meet in Hong Kong..hm)

Yeah, I didn't really think it was a big mystery. They revealed who the Big bad is. Although if it is Ra's al Ghul, why did he wait five months and travel all the way to Starling City just to kill her? I think the real mystery is why Sara was back in SC in the first place. 

Edited by Angel12d

What is it's Tommy? What if Ra's resurrected Tommy, brain washed him, trained him all to use against Malcolm.

The only silver lining I had with Tommy's death is that at least, he didn't become a villain.

So I actually think it could be, since it would trample again an original idea and a development that made sense (Oliver not killing in order to honor Tommy) for a Spiderman-esque déjà-vu. After the stunt they pulled with Sara, I'd put nothing past the writers in terms of WTF.

For the viewer the why (and why Sara was in SC) are the bigger mysteries. 

The only silver lining I had with Tommy's death is that at least, he didn't become a villain.
So I actually think it could be, since it would trample again an original idea and a development that made sense (Oliver not killing in order to honor Tommy)

The only reason why I don't think that this is so, is because of real life reasons (Colin's show)

I think it's purposely ambiguous - that won't wind up being the actual voice of the person who did it. But it definitely sounds like it could be a woman.

I suspect the same thing. My money is still on Ra's as the killer.

I wouldn't put it past these writers to kill Nyssa, so Ra's can have a reason to hate Oliver. Because that is the only story they know how to tell.

Well, what other use does Nyssa have for these writers? She's gay (as far as we know), so no hopping onto Oliver's batch. They already killed Sara, who was her tie to Starling City. So yeah, Nyssa will surely become a plot device to sow dissent amongst manly, masculine men who can blame one another for her death.

• Love 1

Some spoiler from NYCC comic-con http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/10/arrow-season-3-spoilers-from-nycc.html 

He also said stuff about Thea and how there will definitely be no powers on Arrow. I guess that rules out the lazarus pit lol. 

THIS SADDENS ME BECAUSE NO MORE SARA. But it makes me feel better because no Canary Cry. 

YESSSS.

Also your links never work :p Why is that? 

For those of you who want to see the link: http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/10/arrow-season-3-spoilers-from-nycc.html

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

Colin talking about flashback ep with Tommy coming up, set in Hong Kong, Ollie and Tommy encounter each other

I know the EPs said this isn't a retcon, and I'm really curious as to HOW this isn't a retcon. Does Tommy not recognize him or something?

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

Some spoiler from NYCC comic-con http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/10/arrow-season-3-spoilers-from-nycc.html 

He also said stuff about Thea and how there will definitely be no powers on Arrow. I guess that rules out the lazarus pit lol. 

No powers on Arrow except for superspeed and super-strength. Got it. Once you've uncorked that bottle, you can't stuff the genie back in, guys. You already reneged  on that promise to satisfy your Barry Allen boners.

I'm intrigued by this fight with swords in episode 9. Do you think this might link to Katana in the flashbacks?

Yeah I was thinking about Katana too. I'm really hoping we see her in present day and she isn't killed off pointlessly like some other Asian female character

Edited by ban1o

More I think of it...more I manage to convince myself that Ra's isn't the killer. She may have had a bit more fear if it was. 

As far as we know, she doesn't have a reason to fear him. The LoA members called her "the beloved."

ETA: Yeah, she did leave the league, but she went back. Unless we find out that she actually didn't.

Edited by apinknightmare

I think the thing that SA said about the "growing number of superheroes in Starling/Central cities affects Oliver's end place this season" means that Oliver won't have to always be the Arrow (meaning he can take some time off and have a "normal life") because there are other people also out there saving the city.

It reminds me of when Faith came to town on Buffy and everyone thought Buffy could go to college and have a normal life because Faith would protect Sunnydale. Or even the end of the series (spoiler for Buffy)

when all of the potentials turned into actual slayers.

Edited by drspaceman10

I think it is a bit of a mistake not to go full on with powers...maybe not reference the Lazarus Pits since Oliver might then try to resurrect Sara, Moira and Tommy but...powers are there..use them.

I don't think so because powers = need more CGI = more money for said powers = less money for production on other things = crappier season. I think it's smart that they don't do powers. I like that Arrow is more realistic than Flash because that's what sets it apart from Flash. I think that's what made Arrow a success in the first place. Anyways, yeah. No powers. I'm good with this. 

• Love 1

Yeah apparently The Flash/Arrow crossover has a much larger budget then the typical arrow episode. A lot of money is needed for powers. It makes sense why they are leaving it off Arrow. 

Edited by ban1o

I don't think so because powers = need more CGI = more money for said powers = less money for production on other things = crappier season. I think it's smart that they don't do powers. I like that Arrow is more realistic than Flash because that's what sets it apart from Flash. I think that's what made Arrow a success in the first place. Anyways, yeah. No powers. I'm good with this. 

I agree - I like the no powers on this show. Although it is weird that there's a town 600 miles away full of metahumans, but...they wouldn't want to go to Starling anyway. As was established in the premiere - it's a shithole.

• Love 1

I agree - I like the no powers on this show. Although it is weird that there's a town 600 miles away full of metahumans, but...they wouldn't want to go to Starling anyway. As was established in the premiere - it's a shithole.

LOL exactly! what would a metahuman possibly go to Starling City for. It sucks. 

• Love 1

I think the thing that SA said about the "growing number of superheroes in Starling/Central cities affects Oliver's end place this season" means that Oliver won't have to always be the Arrow (meaning he can take some time off and have a "normal life") because there are other people also out there saving the city.

One positive for the Laurel arc (because I'm assuming she'll be one of those "heroes.") I really would like to see Oliver have something good in his life and learn how to balance that with being the Arrow. He needs some happiness, his life is like a black hole of suck.

• Love 1
ETA: Yeah, she did leave the league, but she went back. Unless we find out that she actually didn't.

She may have left...again. 

As for powers...having them does blow the budget but I don't think it makes it crappier.

She may have left...again. 

As for powers...having them does blow the budget but I don't think it makes it crappier.

She might have, but good lord did she not learn the first time? And she didn't tell Laurel to watch herself or anything, so I could be wrong, but I don't think she's left again.

I think that they did a good job explaining why. The reason for said metahumans was because of the particle accelerator and I'm pretty sure this particle accelerator bursting didn't reach Starling. That too, no person would go to Starling right now because Arrow explained that people are leaving Starling because of the 2 terrorist attacks so it looks like no metahumans are going to be coming to Starling. 

• Love 1

If Starling City is full of superheroes at the end of the season (by which I assume they mean Roy, Laurel and maybe Ray), what is the point of Oliver?  Even more, what is the point of the O/D/F Team Arrow?

I know the EPs said this isn't a retcon, and I'm really curious as to HOW this isn't a retcon. Does Tommy not recognize him or something?

I think they said that Tommy doesn't see Oliver.

If Starling City is full of superheroes at the end of the season (by which I assume they mean Roy, Laurel and maybe Ray), what is the point of Oliver?  Even more, what is the point of the O/D/F Team Arrow?

I think they said that Tommy doesn't see Oliver.

This is true. I've always wondered that. I assume Ray must leave Starling City at the end of the season but I don't see the point of oliver with both Laurel and Roy there. Also although none of us really know Thea's arch. assuming she won't be on Merlyn side forever and she got training, won't she also be a pseudo-superhero (don't really know, but this is what most people assume) 

Edited by ban1o

I don't think Oliver will ever actually team up with Merlyn though.  But I guess that's a logical conclusion... the enemy of my enemy is my friend. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

It reminds me of when Faith came to town on Buffy and everyone thought Buffy could go to college and have a normal life because Faith would protect Sunnydale. Or even the end of the series (spoiler for Buffy)

when all of the potentials turned into actual slayers.

I hope this is it, because my first, cynical thought upon reading that is Oliver's "end place" will be with one of the growing number of superheros...and we all know which one. 

Edited by JenMcSnark

The way Sara said "What are you doing here?" was casual. She didn't seem afraid of whoever shot her. 

If it's Thea/Malcolm, why would they go mask-free? Why would whoever shot her go mask-free?  I know it's crazy but I'm going with it being Nyssa.

I need to rewatch, but I thought that she seemed negatively startled for lack of better words.  She didn't seem afraid, but she didn't seem welcoming either. If it was Nyssa, unless they have had a falling out we don't know about, I think she'd be happier to see her. 

I need to rewatch, but I thought that she seemed negatively startled for lack of better words.  She didn't seem afraid, but she didn't seem welcoming either. If it was Nyssa, unless they have had a falling out we don't know about, I think she'd be happier to see her.

Oh I agree she wasn't happy but she also didn't seem afraid. If she and Nyssa had a falling out I think her reaction made sense.

Given the way Nyssa broke down screaming and crying when Sara poisoned herself in Heir, even if they had a falling out, a real "I hate you and never want to see you again" breakup, I have a hard time imagining Nyssa could bring herself to put three arrows in Sara like that.

Edited by KirkB