Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Things I want to happen in this episode:

• Oliver to be completely open and honest about what happened on the island to Felicity as a way they start making amends
  • Felicity to actually go on whatever journey Oliver is going on (so either they both are physically in lian yu or they both hallucinate lian yu
  • ETA: Deathstroke!!! :D
Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 9
(edited)
16 minutes ago, looptab said:

Well, she can interact with the lady even as a hallucination.

She can, but it would seem odd for Oliver to be hallucinating her interactions as well. That's why I'm thinking this is a joint journey.

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 2

I want them to share the vision.  I want Felicity to hit the "Deathstroke" with something heavy as they try to get past to the caves.  I'm sure Deathstroke is just a stunt man in the mask as we would have heard if Manu was filming in Vancouver, right?  Plus he was a bit miffed at the narrative of his last cameo, right?

What is the context for the "I thought of you" line?  I missed that spoiler.  Ideas: (1) he could say it when he's explaining the vision quest idea and Felicity says he needs backup and he says "I thought of you" or (2) it could possibly be a reference to what Oliver saw at the end of 3x09, as part of a heart-felt scene between O/F.  The second might have to do with Oliver finding his inner strength?

• Love 1

Eh, I don't know, I think that depends on the hallucination :) To be clear, it's not that I'm partial to it being a solo-vision, actually I would very much like both of them hallucinating. It's just that, honestly, the fact that he might be just seeing her is the first thing that came to my mind as soon as I saw the promo pics with them in fancy attire and I put it together with the quote Stephen gave, so I guess I'm not that adverse to it since that's what I was expecting already.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, TrueMyth said:

I want them to share the vision.  I want Felicity to hit the "Deathstroke" with something heavy as they try to get past to the caves.  I'm sure Deathstroke is just a stunt man in the mask as we would have heard if Manu was filming in Vancouver, right?  Plus he was a bit miffed at the narrative of his last cameo, right?

What is the context for the "I thought of you" line?  I missed that spoiler.  Ideas: (1) he could say it when he's explaining the vision quest idea and Felicity says he needs backup and he says "I thought of you" or (2) it could possibly be a reference to what Oliver saw at the end of 3x09, as part of a heart-felt scene between O/F.  The second might have to do with Oliver finding his inner strength?

I think it's a stunt double, but we had no idea Celina Jade or Rila Fukushima were filming before we saw them in a promo, so us not knowing about MB being there isn't definitive proof.

As for the line, SA shared that it was his favorite Olicity line with a fan at a con held during the filming of this episode. There's no more context than that.

It's most likely a stunt double. Guggenheim said a couple of months ago that Slade Wilson is off the table for Arrow. I was chatting with a friend who suggested Slade is but maybe Deathstroke is not. They won't need Manu if they just need someone in a mask and outfit.

I know this is not Arrow spoilers, but..

can I say I kinda hate this next LL appearance on Flash? I'll wait to see how it goes, but I'm kinda bitter that they didn't even spare a word for Roy - who actually interacted with them and as far as they know is dead - or Felicity's accident, but they are shocked to see a version of Laurel again. So not looking forward to any of Cisco's weird crush.

• Love 6

Eh, I don't watch The Flash so it doesn't bother me. I do operate on the assumption that they're in the know about Roy, though. Not right off the bat, but he's been "dead" for a year now, so I imagine someone told them in the interrim. 

• Love 2

I truly believe Laurel's death is a death confirming moment in the Flarrow universe. No magical out(arrow), No doppelganger version because the two Laurel's aren't going to be the same(Flash) and no time travel out because time wants to happen or whatever reason(Legends).

7 minutes ago, looptab said:

can I say I kinda hate this next LL appearance on Flash? I'll wait to see how it goes, but I'm kinda bitter that they didn't even spare a word for Roy - who actually interacted with them and as far as they know is dead - or Felicity's accident, but they are shocked to see a version of Laurel again. So not looking forward to any of Cisco's weird crush.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, tarotx said:

I truly believe Laurel's death is a death confirming moment in the Flarrow universe. No magical out(arrow), No doppelganger version because the two Laurel's aren't going to be the same(Flash) and no time travel out because time wants to happen or whatever reason(Legends).

Yeah, I get that, still. I don't like it :D

(edited)

I want O/F to go on the vision quest together, if that is what's happening. What's the point in pairing them up if not to show Oliver is opening up and including her in things?

Are we even sure the "I thought of you" line is in this episode? It's possible it got cut from a previous one or something?

1 hour ago, looptab said:

LOL. It is a bit weird because I didn't think they knew her that well? I know Cisco had a crush on her and took a photo with her (oh and made the sonic necklace...badly) but it's another one of those 'tell don't show' situations, I guess. We just have to assume they interacted more than we saw, which is weird because even in the crossover events she was barely there. I don't watch The Flash anymore so I don't care what they do. In death they've elevated Laurel to more than she was but as long as it means she remains gone and never comes back they can give her a knighthood while they're at it. I know that's technically not possible but you know what I mean. Haha.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 2

Haha, exactly, she never even exchanged a word with Barry. Please.-.-

Oh, the knighthood is likely, in the meantime I hear the Pope is going to speed the canonization up. :)

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Are we even sure the "I thought of you" line is in this episode? It's possible it got cut from a previous one or something?

This is the ep he was filming when he mentioned it, so if it isn't in this episode, then it got cut. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, bijoux said:

This vision is for sure what brings on, I thought of you.

I'm kind of afraid they will do something lovely with Oliver and Felicity but it will all be in his head. I mean, I'll enjoy the pretty picture but unless it's real, it doesn't count much. 

6 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

No, i was thinking an actual spinoff series, something like BoP, Teen Titans, Young Justice or something more obscure.

Hmm.  Teen Titans.  I know for TNT it fell apart but shortly after that, there was a lot of buzz from DC saying they had another platform in mind.  Maybe they might be setting up some possible pieces. 

Oh man I hope she isn't involved in anything in the future. I know I was predisposed to dislike the very idea of her - but the acting did nothing to change my mind about the possibility of her. Then again, do I really need to follow another show? Not really. So yea whatever - launch and keep her away from Arrow and Legends.

• Love 1
(edited)

That's a no from me to the idea of Arrow launching yet another spinoff. We already lost way too much time this season to setting up Legends. Can we just have one season where that doesn't happen?

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 8

Do we think they actually got Manu back to play Deathstroke or will it just be a stunt double? And if it's just a stunt double, will he just be silent? LOL. Because Manu's voice is really distinctive. 

1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

Do we think they actually got Manu back to play Deathstroke or will it just be a stunt double? And if it's just a stunt double, will he just be silent? LOL. Because Manu's voice is really distinctive. 

I think someone upthread said probably stunt double, which is what I'm going with, which probably means that he'll just be silent while focusing on Oliver's reaction to him/reaction to fighting in the magic vision, but, ha, could you imagine if they tried to cheat it and had a stunt double but dubbed it over with some of MB's lines from previous seasons? Like, just have the stunt double be there and have the "I keep my promises" in the background? 

Very Very Very EXCITED ABOUT BLACK SIREN ON THE FLASH, katie casidy is the best, this role will be awesome. I hope Black siren in Arrow season 5, do not be jealous, yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I've been thinking about the "I thought of you" line.  Just Oliver thinking of Felicity isn't a big deal.  When everyone leaves the bunker he probably talks to her like his imaginary (girl) friend.  So him saying he thought of her implies this particular time comes with special significance.

If it is during his magical mystical tour and Felicity is something he wills into being, I'd enjoy if she shows up at a point where he's tasked with reaching deep inside and coming up with something that would strengthen him or something that represents deepest meaning to him.  And then when he comes back to the here and now he can say he thought of her during that pivotal moment.  :D

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, spartan said:

Very Very Very EXCITED ABOUT BLACK SIREN ON THE FLASH, katie casidy is the best, this role will be awesome. I hope Black siren in Arrow season 5, do not be jealous, yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I'm a huge fan of the ignore feature, but your posts make me laugh. 

Thanks!

• Love 8

Do we think he is given the option of sacrificing his life to save the city from darkness and decides not to because he thinks of her. I know he's supposed to have gotten over his need to kill himself to save others in s3, but they seem to be reinforcing those lessons again this season. So maybe that's what he does, he's given the option and he finds another way because he thinks of FS.

Also, as for the Spin-offs, I say they let LoT & Flash handle those this year. We have lost enough Arrow plotlines & character stories to promote/set-up multiple spinoffs. I think we have paid our dues.

• Love 2

Regarding Black Siren on Flash, I'm actually kind of interested to see it for a couple of reasons.  First, it's been a persistent theory that KC plays bad better than good, and I'm curious to see how she does in the villain role.  And secondly, I'm curious whether they really will kill her off as part of closing off all the possible ways Laurel could come back to Arrow.

• Love 8
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Regarding Black Siren on Flash, I'm actually kind of interested to see it for a couple of reasons.  First, it's been a persistent theory that KC plays bad better than good, and I'm curious to see how she does in the villain role.  And secondly, I'm curious whether they really will kill her off as part of closing off all the possible ways Laurel could come back to Arrow.

Considering how the Flash production twitter account has been heavily promoting KC/BS, I would laugh and laugh if they end up killing her. (I really hope they do, because enough already.) From the episode description, it seems like she's coming to Earth Prime with her army of baddies? So they'll either have to kill her or find a way to throw her back to Earth 2.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 3
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

It's weird that the Flash crew seems so affected by seeing E2 LL  because last I've seen, they barely interacted. Cisco, sure. But not Barry or Caitlin. 

Regardless, what I'm most interested in is if they're going to kill her in E2 as well :p So I'm with you Starfish35! Although do you think the Flarrow universe is going to drag the LL fandom around like that? IT seems kind of cruel... :p

4 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Considering how the Flash production twitter account has been heavily promoting KC/BS, I would laugh and laugh if they end up killing her. From the episode description, it seems like she's coming to Earth Prime with her army of baddies? So they'll either have to kill her or find a way to throw her back to Earth 2.

This makes me wonder how it'll affect The Flash ratings... If it'll affect it at all tbh :p I hope it stays flat

Also that tag #LaurelLanceLives... Is a stupid tag. Obviously she doesn't live because that's a different Laurel Lance smh

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Considering how the Flash production twitter account has been heavily promoting KC/BS, I would laugh and laugh if they end up killing her. (I really hope they do, because enough already.) From the episode description, it seems like she's coming to Earth Prime with her army of baddies? So they'll either have to kill her or find a way to throw her back to Earth 2.

Option three, they convince her to turn good...but her world is desperately in need of a hero so she goes back and hooks up with Robert...or did he die?  Oh well, she can hook up with him once she drags his corpse to a LP. 

• Love 1
(edited)

And if they'd wanted any version of Laurel Lance played by KC on any of the current shows...they already had her. I just don't understand the thinking that they'll bring in the E2 version and she'll be cool, suddenly, bc the problems the general audience/professional reviewers/EPs/studio saw with the character were caused, by and large, by the ACTRESS. No chemistry = actress. Totally uncoordinated = actress. Mediocre acting a lot of the time = actress. Suggesting silly costume ideas = actress. Changing her code name and even backstory ain't gonna fix the stuff that matters, and the people in charge are well aware of that.

Plus, if they brought the E2 version to Arrow, called Black Siren (first of all, that would piss ppl off anyway, bc Dinah Laurel Lance is the Black CANARY, not the Black SIREN), played by KC, within 2-3 episodes everyone would forget she was a "different" Laurel and would just start conflating the two characters anyway, making this entire death thing COMPLETELY POINTLESS.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Oh, yes, those are things I'm curious to see as well. 

Also funny is that this time they are pimping her appearance, when last year we didn't find out she was crossing over until that trailer came out. :)

That's the thing for me.  I often see comments that maybe bringing over E2 Black Canary/Siren would be a way to reset the character and fix some of the (many many) mistakes made with Laurel.  Personally, for me, there was nothing that was going to fix Laurel short of a recast, and that boat sailed long ago.  While I freely admit the many many issues with the writing, the primary problem with the character for me was always always Katie Cassidy.  And that's not going to be fixed by bringing an E2 version of the character played by the same actress.  Fortunately for myself, I'm about as certain as I can be that it isn't going to happen. *shrug*

• Love 19

there's a history infinity they can do with black siren is Arrow. I do not say that this character will be regular, but she  can be appear in episode 100. Then Arrow team faced the ressurrection, magic, reincarnation, and even meta, so the team arrow is already sufficiently prepared with the arrival of a double.

Earth 2 Laurel is just someone that shares the physical appearance and the name with the person they had on the team. She is a complete different person, doesn't know them because she has never met them and she is evil so she'd probably try to kill them. The idea of replacing a person with another because she looks like her is superficial and nonsensical. Also yeah, they got into such troubles to get rid of the actress that the last thing they want is to have her on the show again and this time not even as the BC but as a basically unknown character.

• Love 10

I honestly don't understand this point of view. Claiming to love Laurel Lance, yet asking for her to be replaced by a doppelgänger? I'm not getting into all the problems with the actress that this move wouldn't solve, I'm genuinely curious as to why someone who is her fan would be fine with another character inserted in her place.

• Love 4
(edited)
43 minutes ago, looptab said:

I honestly don't understand this point of view. Claiming to love Laurel Lance, yet asking for her to be replaced by a doppelgänger? I'm not getting into all the problems with the actress that this move wouldn't solve, I'm genuinely curious as to why someone who is her fan would be fine with another character inserted in her place.

Maybe it's not Laurel Lance the character... Maybe it's BC and the name Dinah Laurel Lance... As in, hey! It's in the comics, so as long as she has the superficial stuff, then it's okay.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Eh, if they'd wanted a spinoff with KC they could have done it without going to all this trouble.  

They dont make sense with this series so....ill take what I can get. 

3 hours ago, looptab said:

Considering Laurel Lance is dead and I fully believe they dont plan on bringing her back, having KC back as a certain version of the character would help ease the pain. If LL was still alive then it would be a different story and nearly no one would be asking for her to be replaced but she's not, it's simple.Not to mention that I would already expect the character to be different from her counterpart, now there is always the chance that I could end up hating E2 DLL but right now I don't., . 

Just like E2 Iris West, she is a great character, if anything happened to E1 Iris, if I had the chance, I would want to see E2 Iris full time, just as I liked Killer Frost and wanted to see her more.

Edited by Primal Slayer

They spent so much time on Laurel's "rise" to Black Canary and finally got her to the point where they thought the general audience wanted her to be (since the EPs claimed reception to Laurel wasn't great because we were impatient for Laurel to become BC). You really think they'd kill her off so they could bring in an evil E2 version and do it all over again? 

• Love 12
(edited)

For me there's a big difference bw what you'd like to happen and what has any chance actually of happening. KC getting a spinoff is just totally and completely unrealistic. KC coming back as whatever version of DLL on an at all regular basis is only a tiny bit less unrealistic. 

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 6
(edited)

SUMMARY OF 420 SPOILERS: 

S4, Episode 20: Genesis
-- Production code: 420.  Shoot Dates: Mar. 7-16, 2016.  Director: Gregory Smith.  Writers: Oscar Balderrama & Emilio Ortega Aldrich.  Airdate: May 4, 2016. (MG tweet, page 33 of Spoilers thread and page 936 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- 420 synopsis: "DIGGLE IS CONSUMED WITH GUILT AND SEEKS REVENGE – As Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) look for a magical solution to defeat Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough), a vengeance-driven Diggle (David Ramsey) gets a lead on Andy’s (guest star Eugene Byrd) whereabouts and heads off to confront his brother. Meanwhile, Alex (guest star Parker Young) takes Thea (Willa Holland) on a vacation that quickly turns into a nightmare. Gregory Smith directed the episode written by Oscar Balderrama & Emilio Ortega Aldrich (#420). Original airdate 5/4/2016." (apinknightmare post and fangirlish article, page 35 of Spoilers thread)
-- In response to fan who asked for Billy Joel song to describe 420, MG replied: "It's like a Genesis song to describe Billy Joel." (MG tweet, page 33 of Spoilers thread)
-- In response to fan who asked for Genesis song to describe 420, MG replied: "Land of Confusion."  (MG tweet, page 33 of Spoilers thread)
-- See 420 producer's preview posted. (420 producer's preview, page 36 of Spoilers thread)
-- See 420 promo and extended promo posted.  (420 promo and extended promo videos, page 36 of Spoilers thread)
-- See 420 Genesis promo posted.  (Genesis Trailer video, page 36 of Spoilers thread)
-- See Australian joint promo video, which shows tux-wearing Oliver being knocked down by Deathstroke, posted. (Austrailian promo video, page 36 of Spoilers thread)
-- See 420 Asian promo posted. (420 Asian promo video, page 36 of Spoilers thread)
-- See 420 promo pics posted, which show Diggle and Andy, and also Oliver & Felicity with a priestess and the magic idol.  (SpoilerTV article, page 36 of Spoilers thread)
-- See 420 comic preview posted.  (WM tweet, page 36 of Spoilers thread)
-- 420 dialogue tease: "I'm not just saying this because I love Harry Potter, but why are we not all taking those lessons?" (ArrowWritersRoom tweet, page 36 of Spoilers thread)
-- 420 dialogue tease: "If you think you have it bad, try remembering you're not the one being held prisoner in a metal box." (ArrowWritersRoom tweet, page 36 of Spoilers thread)
-- Possible 420 dialogue tease: "Trust me, John, this is going to hurt you more than its going to hurt me." (EB tweet, page 1032 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- DCTV All Access: "And after the crazy events of the past few weeks, Oliver Queen has decided he has to kill Damien Darhk," Navarro explains. "Meanwhile, John Diggle is on a mission to find his brother this week. Plus, Thea goes on vacation, but not everything is what it seems. So Ollie decides he needs to find a way to defeat Damien Darhk's magic. What does he do? He goes to a place called Hub City to possibly learn from an allie of Constantine's, maybe.  And if you're a comic book fan, you know Hub City is the home of classic fan-favorite character The Question - who's awesome. And a little tidbit, The Question was the original inspiration and basis for the character Rorschach, from the all-time classic Watchmen comic book series." (DCTV All Acess video in ComicBook article, page 36 of Spoilers thread)
-- Per JBam, 420 is "awesome." (JBam tweet, page 33 of Spoilers thread)
-- On Mar. 7, Arrow was filming at Riverview's East Lawn building (pic posted). (WhatsFilmings tweet, page 33 of Spoilers thread)
-- Fan tweet from HVFF-Chicago on Mar. 12: "David Ramsey is the sweetest!! He said that last night just filmed some great Andy SL stuff." (TriciaTesH tweet, page 340 of Social Media thread)
-- DR: “Diggle takes this very personally. Clearly it was because of Andy’s betrayal, among other things... That was a huge piece of this catastrophic puzzle that led to Laurel’s death. ... It was his trust of Andy and his mistrust of Oliver’s judgment that led to this happening... He’s wounded deeply by this, and we’re going to see a Diggle who’s willing to do things that he’s never done before to avenge his friend, to right the wrong. ... This is all part and parcel to another side of Diggle we’re exploring this season, which is great... Every time you set a person on high like Diggle has been, it’s great to see the fall....  That the guy whose fall you can watch crumble like a trainwreck because he’s so high up. We have a lot of that story to tell.” (Zap2It article, page 35 of Spoilers thread)
-- On what to expect when Diggle finally confronts Andy again, DR: "We can expect a man possessed. We can expect a man that's willing to do whatever it takes to bring him to justice, and more importantly, do whatever it takes to protect the people he loves. You are going to see a Diggle like a man possessed to bring Andy and Damien Darhk down, particularly to bring his brother to justice." (ComicBookResources article, page 36 of Spoilers thread)
-- Taiana (ER) might be in 420 or 421.  On Mar. 17, ER tweeted: "All the hidden layers under your costume while shooting on location in #yvr....who knows what I'm taking about? #stayingwarmoutthere." (ER tweet, page 961 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

Unspecified Episode (420-423)
-- In response to fan asking for two truths and a lie with regard to upcoming episodes, SA replied (on Mar. 22) that there's reference made to an ark, Alex is nowhere to be seen, and Oliver gets off the island. (SA facebook video, page 958 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- Per WM, Damien Darhk will "come out swinging" in the wake of offing Laurel Lance and dealing Team Arrow that morale-crushing blow.  As for his endgame, WM pointed fans to 409 as well as the Bible's Book of Genesis for "some pretty good clues" about what he's got cooking. Meanwhile, Diggle must deal with his guilt over Laurel's death while Thea must grapple with her destiny as Speedy (as well as faces off against an old foe). Amid all that drama, can Oliver & Co. possibly rebound from their loss and rise to stop Darhk? WM: "It becomes a question of: How does Oliver defeat his magic?... And that really won't be answered until the finale." (TVLine article, page 35 of Spoilers thread)
-- On whether Olicity will reunite, WM: "We started off this season with Felicity really wanting to come back and do this because she herself enjoys this kind of vigilante lifestyle, but that is separate from Oliver. In [the Season 4 premiere], he didn’t want to; it was more about her making herself happy than anything else. So she’ll be grappling in some ways with that ."  Per WM, the coming episodes “will echo [the premiere] in terms of where a lot of the characters end up ... specifically Oliver and Felicity."  MG: "People will have to see if things change or not change” as Season 4 winds to a close. (TVLine article, page35 of Spoilers thread)
-- The romantic situation between Oliver & Felicity will not be resolved right away.  WM: "Felicity does come to see her own role in the breakup and that she can't put it all on Oliver... We felt compelled not to wrap that story up with a bow."  (TV Guide's Finale Preview article, page 35 of Spoilers thread)
-- During the Axis Facebook Q&A with Aisha Tyler (on Apr. 10), in response to fan asking her to describe the rest of S4 in three words, EBR replied: "Absolute destructive devastation."  (Video in Velocity23 post, page 362 of Social Media thread)

Edited by tv echo
Update
  • Love 2

I doubt Black Siren is going to appear more than once. Not so much because of rumored BTS issues, or what happened in the past on Arrow, or even Laurel's numbers (ratings/viewers/social media/merchandise), but because of what's happened this season on Flash.

That is, Flash has been systematically killing off its Earth-2 characters, including Earth-2 Joe, Earth-2 Cisco, Earth-2 Robbie and Earth-2 Caitlin.  Joe and Cisco are popular characters and Flash regulars who are probably coming back next season (assuming Flash doesn't follow Arrow's example with Moira and kill off Joe in its second.) And like Laurel, Robbie had died on Earth-1 before appearing on Earth-2.  If Flash didn't hesitate to kill off these characters, why would they hesitate to kill off Earth-2 Laurel, especially since she's coming in leading an evil army?

• Love 17

I'd add E2 Deadshot to the list of Doppelganger's that Flash has killed off. 

I could be wrong but, I've said for awhile now that I fully expect Flash to kill of Black Siren. Especially now that they killed off Killer Frost and i learned that Berlanti/AJK did the Teleplay for 222.

• Love 4

I've been paying so much attention to Flash, /sarcasm font, that I thought NotLaurel would show up tomorrow... it's two weeks from now? Way to build the opposite of momentum.

• Love 3