Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

So, I'm confused - I thought for sure Oliver getting branded with the arrow was some kind of ritual when he joined the League, but it's in the 3x19 promo video. Any thoughts as to why, since it seems like he doesn't join until 3x20?

And it seems like Thea would die in this ep, what with the Ra's scene and all.

Edited by apinknightmare

but it isn't going to be the woman in the promo.

Srsly that woman is 40 if she's day, and I don't think they're going to have Oliver marry 40 something LoA priestess. It seems like she's for sure part of the person who is Lazarus Pitted, and that is definitely looking like Thea. 

But Oliver seems really calm with Felicity, not how I would imagine someone who just lost their sister.

I'd guess like was said he knows she's going in the Lazarus Pit, and because of that also becoming Heir to the Demon, and he and Felicity will not see each other for EVER. Or the very next episode, because pacing, they suck at it.

I am trying to figure out how Felicity can play a role in getting Oliver to accept being Heir to the Demon. I mean obviously he listens to her, maybe she convinces him that he can fundamentally change the reason d'etre of the League. It seems like Ra's and Felicity are making decisions for Oliver and while in the grand scheme of things it is just as wrong as when Oliver does it, I'm just laughing at finally finally someone turning it around on him. 

• Love 1

MG's response to Olicity Dreams, makes me think he's trolling. Scenes will be cut but he only mentioned it to get a reaction. Which means yes Olicity scenes could get cut or a Hong Kong scene or Thea in a hood scene could be what's cut.

I think it will be Felicity rubing on Oliver as they are laying down. That's pretty graphic for an 8 o'clock show.

That's Graphic? Hell no it ain't! Nothing should be cut dammit lol. But EBR and SA are scorching together. I like that Olicity sexy times looks to be the steamest one yet. It should be these two have so much passion and it's been building for over a year

I've been mulling over The Carry (S3's The Lunge) all afternoon.  It is about damn time!

Back before S3 began there was all sorts of talk about  how Felicity and Oliver couldn't get together and stay together in S3. At the time I was all for it. I didn't think Felicity needed options. She had plenty. She chose to stay on TA even as her feelings grew and she watched Oliver screw every other vagina. I think it was inevitable they get to Olicity at some point. 

The pain of S3 could have been avoided or at least lessened if they hadn't gone for will-they-won't-they or the dreaded vigilante triangle of suck. Olicity could have been a thing without the angst and the drama. If they had to intro Ray they should have done so sooner and allowed Felicity some freedom before her inevitable gravitating to Oliver. Maybe S3 starts with Oliver loving Felicity but rather than asking for a date he asks for time. Felicity says "things have never been better. If now isn't the time will there ever be a time?" Enter Ray and Felicity's dilemma in the one who pursues her and the one who she loves, but may never be ready. 

I'm hoping the marriage is Oliver and Felicity for whatever convoluted reason TIIC can come up with. Let's avoid S4 and S5 of will-they-won't-they. There is plenty to be mined from Olicity being married and making it all work. Fanfic writers have been doing it for nearly two years. I'd pay for a running gag of Olicity sexy times being interrupted and the reactions from Oliver and Felicity. We can't have sexy times all the time so make it a thing. 

I'd rather they marry Olicity for craziness reasonings and do away with the contrived angst than Oliver marry some LOA chic for hurdles sake. 

• Love 6

I think it will be Felicity rubing on Oliver as they are laying down. That's pretty graphic for an 8 o'clock show.

Meh. They aren't showing anything worse then we see on other shows.  You will NOT take this away from me.

• Love 8
(edited)

Yeah, it's not just "hands" that were rubbing.  Although I really do think it's just his deep breath.  I'm 100% fine being wrong, though.

You have to check the slowed-down version.  He's also rubbing his thumbs on both her thighs, while she has her hands on his chest.  And she's probably topless at that point, because he's more sitting up when she takes off her bra, so he's laying down with his hands on her thighs looking up at her while she's topless.  Pretty awesome.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 9
(edited)

If it's the Oliver/Felicity scene, I hope the CW release a second version online like they did for Reigh or in the DVD. Putting it in the promo just to get fans hopes up and then cut parts in the episode is cruel, and I'm really tired of Marc's trolling.

CBoCzQ8UIAAdPq3.jpg

Edited by rainydawn

Seems that way, and yet the thing that gets me the most is him just taking off her glasses. Sigh.

I like how far forward/towards her he's leaning when he does it.  Like so much expectation and excitement.  

• Love 1

Yeah, it's not just "hands" that were rubbing.  I really do think it's just his deep breath.  I'm 100% fine being wrong, though.

You have to check to slowed-down version.  He's also rubbing his thumbs on both her thighs, while she has her hands on his chest.  And she's probably topless at that point, because he's more sitting up when she takes off her bra, so he's laying down with his hands on her thighs looking up at her while she's topless.  Pretty awesome.

Close up of that moment. For science:

0FkTUhT.gif

His hand on her thigh... guh.

• Love 2
(edited)

Seems that way, and yet the thing that gets me the most is him just taking off her glasses. Sigh.

I just like seeing EBR with less clothing lol and the scene looks SMOAKIN HOT! Edited by jay741982

That and every time he lowers his voice to just above a whisper.

• Love 1

The parallel to her putting the mask on him is beautiful. I love it.

Also love that she is on top. Allowing her to control like that, that's a lot of trust.

• Love 5

BATB got a few SSCs during Season 1. Fingers crossed!

Oh the days of stalking the content ratings to figure out how good the sexy scenes were gonna be able to be on BATB! And so it it begins on Arrow. I really wish they would move it to 9pm, they could do so much more! And not just sexy scenes, you can get away with a lot more language & violence which could amp up the stunts/action.

• Love 1

Close up of that moment. For science:

0FkTUhT.gif

His hand on her thigh... guh.

All of of us Oliciters are studying it for Science.!! I just noticed where his fingers are God this scene better have all the hotness MG goddammit lol

• Love 2
(edited)

Personally I love that she is caressing his heart because that is kinda romantic and sexy. But I also love that its over his Bratva tattoo, so if the speculation is true that her father might be involved with Bratva, thats a nice touch :) But yea the eyeglass removal parallel to the mask. The only thing sexier, would have been if she could have remove his mask. But lets leave that sexy moment for another episode, because this is only the beginning of sexy times.

Also for science, I believe there was the beginning of thrusting or at least significant hip movement from SA in this clip (real time does it justice, the gif is a little jerky). So that might not make it thru censors :( I wonder too about the bra removal scene, I can't recall seeing that a lot in the 8pm hour. Its weird what can make it through censors and what is questionable or forbidden.

Also HOT DAMN look at where his lower hand is placed for the Carry!!

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2

I have a feeling the thread for the sex episode is going to need a content rating if this is the discussion being had off of a few seconds. Lol

I could see them allowing Arrow to push the rating a bit; Olicity has such a strong social media presence they would probably see the benefit in it. Still, others shows on the CW have already taken it there.

• Love 3
(edited)

Carina McKenzie, who's friends with EBR and writes for The Originals, has mentioned on Twitter that the CW doesn't allow thrusting during sex scenes. The hilarity never ends.

That's not true. I've seen much thrusting and lunging during the handful of sex scenes in Supernatural

Hell, this season alone NSFW seriously.

..Dean had a stripper wearing shorts shorts and bikini top dancing with her crotch in his face followed by her literally spreading her legs when his face was like 2 feet from crotch. It was by far the most risque thing I have ever seen on the CW.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

Carina McKenzie, who's friends with EBR and writes for The Originals, has mentioned on Twitter that the CW doesn't allow thrusting during sex scenes. The hilarity never ends.

There was definitely some soft-focus slo-mo thrusting on BATB, both with KK on top and JR on top. And didn't King Henry thrust some poor woman out the window on Reign?

• Love 2

Just reporting what an employee of the CW has said in a public forum. I find it completely ridiculous. Thrusting a sword through your protagonist is a-okay, but God forbid the sex scenes are too hot.

• Love 7

Just reporting what an employee of the CW has said in a public forum. I find it completely ridiculous. Thrusting a sword through your protagonist is a-okay, but God forbid the sex scenes are too hot.

I understand and I think respectfully, she's wrong based on what I've seen aired. 

(edited)

Back to apinknightmare's question: the branding is in the promo for 3.19.  That has to be an error, right?

Also, I don't mind that much when Ollie gets tortured, but part of the reason I stopped watching after The Climb is that I love Oliver and really hate seeing him hurt.  So I don't like that branding scene at all from the gifs I've seen.

Who is he telling he's the Heir and they will obey?

Oh, and Damon and Elena's first time was insanely steamy, with, among other things, very strongly implied oral sex.  (I thought it was great, in fact their first makeout session at that motel kept me watching for an extra six months after the show stopped being good.)

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 2

Depending on the show, a sex scene could also involve thrusting a sword through your protagonist. 

::rimshot::

• Love 9

It's totally ridiculous. The MPAA actually counts the number of thrusts to determine whether a film is R or NC-17.

• Love 4
(edited)

Wait...where is it indicated that Thea dies/gets Lazarused? 

Meh to that scene...actually part of it reminds me of the Laurel/Oliver one in s1. (Maybe just the literal jumping on him)

At least this one won't be interrupted with a shot of Ray glowering outside the window watching them, so that makes it better already, as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 9
(edited)

^ OR DOES IT???

Nothing definite, but Oliver and Malcolm are standing over the pit holding ropes in their hands (probably to get her into/out of the water).

Oh ok,

Edited by wingster55
  • Love 1
(edited)

At least this one won't be interrupted with a shot of Ray glowering outside the window watching them.

OR WILL IT?! And Ray can probably hover in that suit.

Oliver and Laurel were such tacky a-holes, haha. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 4

So, "a heartbroken Felicity takes matters into her own hands"...

I wonder if this heartbreak happens before or after the sex? I guess this is when she stands up to Ra's because she's angry about what he's making Oliver do? Kind of nervous about how that's going to turn out for her. 

So, "a heartbroken Felicity takes matters into her own hands"...

I wonder if this heartbreak happens before or after the sex? I guess this is when she stands up to Ra's because she's angry about what he's making Oliver do? Kind of nervous about how that's going to turn out for her.

I took "taking matters into her own hands" to mean that she seduces Oliver.

• Love 3

Ditto... actually my head went a little more dirty and went full out Felicity-esque double entendre :)

• Love 5

"Matters."

(Ahem, I'll probably get tired of sex puns one day, but not today.)

Anyway, I'm still kind of hoping that Felicity just shows up on the plane to NP (along with Diggle, based on the BTS photos), and that would also fit with that line.

• Love 2

Wait...where is it indicated that Thea dies/gets Lazarused? 

Meh to that scene...actually part of it reminds me of the Laurel/Oliver one in s1. (Maybe just the literal jumping on him)

I don't think she will jump on him lol I think he's gonna pick her up. Plus this scene actually looks Smoking hot!

Felicity doesn't dick around when she takes matters into her own hands.....

....I'm not helping

Naughty Catrox!!

Let's be real that wouldn't be hard to do since he's deeply in love with her. Watch Oliver ask her if she's sure lol.

• Love 1

At least this one won't be interrupted with a shot of Ray glowering outside the window watching them, so that makes it better already, as far as I'm concerned.

Is it bad that I wouldn't feel sorry for that Gary Stu?