Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Yeah. In the preview you can see that Oliver's wearing a headset and gloves - I guess to throw punches since Ray won't know how to do it. Upon first glance it looked like they were fighting each other, but Oliver's doing the movements while Ray's in the suit actually punching the guy.

It's a major design flaw, but I kind of get the feeling that the suit is only for Arrow and he'll actually be shrinking on his own show.

Seriously they need to go with the shrinking to help fix Ray for the spin off IMO...but that makes me resent the suit even more because it took so much budget and focus from Arrow.

• Love 2

Seriously they need to go with the shrinking to help fix Ray for the spin off IMO...but that makes me resent the suit even more because it took so much budget and focus from Arrow.

Yeah, I guess that's why they went with the nano processors that Felicity injected into him. Although i wonder if shrink effects are cheaper than suit effects? 

• Love 1

Does anyone think that the Nanobot Shot will save Roy (or whomever bites the bullet) from death, or are we still going with the Spa of Eternal Life theory?

I'm actually not sure Roy's going to die. Seems like he's just locked up? Or they just want us to think he's locked up but then he gets out and dies, haha. 

The nanobots served a specific function for Ray, they busted up the brain clot (although I still think warfarin would have done it easier and safer).  They really should have shown Felicity programming them though.

Whoever gets "dead" (if they really do), the other characters are going to need to know why and how the nanotech can help. For example, if they get blown up in a explosion, can't help. If Roy gets his arm blown off, but it's still salvagable, the nanotech could help sew it back on.

Although I'm hoping it's the foundry that dies, not Roy.

I think the good-bye scene is Roy going on the run after he is broken out of jail. Oliver may ask Laurel for her help and thats her contribution. Laurel may also own up to Quentin so he takes the heat off of Oliver. We know he is in the hospital in 3x20 so something happens that allows him to come out of hiding. 

I'm still trying to figure out the death in 3x19. I still think its Thea. With an outside chance of Laurel, with Nyssa and her new protectiveness taking her to the LP. 

• Love 1

The actor who plays Diggle says that Ras attacks them all in very personal ways....so I would say Felicity, Diggle/Lyla, and Thea are still targets.  Laurel may or may not be and we should hope that Roy isn't filming because of jail (not Ras attacking him and killing him in jail).  So I would guess that its Felicity, Diggle, or Thea that is the incentive for Oliver accepting the offer.  Since they specifically showed Merlyn watching the news and since Thea is somewhat of a target - I suspect he will get back involved in the next couple of episodes.

Didn't someone say that Laurel hasn't been filming much lately?  Maybe she is in SC trying to help Roy while the LoA plot plays out with original Team Arrow + Thea.

they could fake Roy's death and force him to leave SC

If they wanted him on the spin-off (which I admit is getting crowded) or over on Titans (which makes a lot of sense since I believe his character was featured in a support role on Titans/Young Justice) this could be the way to accomplish it and launched Thea into her Speedy role.  But they better pair them up at the end of the show because those two crazy kids were just getting to enjoy their happy again!

Has CH been seen on set at all since they filmed 3x19?

The description of 3x19 starts

Quentin Lance (Paul Blackthorne) continues his mission to take down the Arrow (Stephen Amell)

so I guess the scene from the sizzle reel with Lance taking cops to bust up the arrow cave is from the next episode.

Oh I guess the reason why the episodes will feel out of place with the crossover is because Ray and Felicity won't be acting like a couple who just had the guy say "I love you" and the girl realized that she unquestionably loves someone else even if he isn't available.  Ultimately, whenever the break up happens, I think it will be Felicity saying its unfair for her to be with him when she has feelings for Oliver and just chooses to be alone until she gets over him.  However, these words might not get uttered for awhile if the crap is hitting the fan non-stop for two episodes.  She might not be able to break up with him until after she gets back from NP and Oliver is part of the LoA.

But I have to say that if Oliver doesn't get his head out of his butt - he is going to force Felicity to leave Team Arrow.  And don't say she never will because frankly, how can the girl get over him if she continues to work with him?  And if she can't be with him, she needs to get over him.  So in my opinion, they have kind of reached a get together or stop seeing each other everyday point.  I still think the writers jump the gun too early on this stuff for it to work out well.

I honestly cannot understand what the writers are thinking with Laurel never accepting an ounce of responsibility here. 

They may be setting Laurel up for a big bonding moment with Lance. She finally takes responsibility for her lies, her and Lance start to mourn together and Lance backs off of Oliver.

I could see the EPs using this as her 'pretty far' move. Selflessly risking her relationship with her father to save Oliver. 

It's BS. 

(edited)

The actor who plays Diggle says that Ras attacks them all in very personal ways....so I would say Felicity, Diggle/Lyla, and Thea are still targets.  

I honestly thought that Diggle and Lyla being affected had to do with the Fake!Arrow murders busting up their wedding and nearly ruining their honeymoon, haha. 

Edited by apinknightmare

This is really superficial of me, but watching Oliver punch air in that promo for 3x19 is really hot. Something about him fighting in casual clothes...

I actually want to see 3x19. I was going to skip it but with the promo focused on Roy, Felicity getting attacked in the field and that shot of Oliver. I'm just going to record Flash 1x18 and watch it after 3x19 so it doesn't taint it.

• Love 2

The nanobots served a specific function for Ray, they busted up the brain clot (although I still think warfarin would have done it easier and safer).

answering back in the episode thread

But in that promo it looks like Roy is getting beaten up in jail. It could be bad enough to put him in ICU. 

Yeah. I think Roy will be in the ICU and possibly comatose/in critical condition for a good long while, which would explain why CH hasn't been filming at all for the past few weeks. Those goons beating him up could be enemies of the Arrow or people sent by Ra's to further break Oliver. Roy's probably the one that Oliver will be stealthily visiting in the hospital then, to say goodbye, right before he finally accepts the LoA invitation and leaves with Thea, Felicity, Diggle, and Merlyn for Nanda Parbat in 3x20. I think I just might cry if something really terrible happens to Roy. Poor guy.

And I'm actually anticipating 3x19. It's co-written by Brian Ford Sullivan (whose work, apart from Uprising--which I didn't watch--so far, I have liked) and Ben Sokolowski, the duo that wrote TSOoFS.

• Love 4

I'm actually kind of excited for Oliver remotely controlling ATOM's suit.

I know, I should be wary, but it brings out the little girl in me ;)

I wouldn't hold it against Oliver if he did a version of "Stop hitting yourself" to Ray.

• Love 23

Since Felicity was told yet again that she loves oliver(duh) im thinking 320 will have the I love you from Felicity to Oliver. I can so see MG having them say I love you then Separate until Finale. Hell I could see them having sexy times and Felicity telling him she either wait for him OR she needs to be by herself for a little bit knowing MG.

• Love 1

They may be setting Laurel up for a big bonding moment with Lance. She finally takes responsibility for her lies, her and Lance start to mourn together and Lance backs off of Oliver.

I could see the EPs using this as her 'pretty far' move. Selflessly risking her relationship with her father to save Oliver. 

It's BS. 

After the electrocuting Roy and no one checking on him - I'm not sure they haven't forgotten that it was Laurel's idea to lie to begin with.  I mean not telling Lance about Sara because of his heart and because at the time they didn't know how killed Sara would have been straight out of Oliver's playbook.  Not telling him after they knew it was Thea/Malcom would also be straight out of his playbook.  So maybe they just all forgot it was Laurel's idea!

However, I do expect either a reconciliation between Lance and Laurel as he is dying OR for him to die without forgiving her - leading to a new source for her mission next season - trying to make amends for her dad by becoming the cop's guardian angel or something like that.  And to be honest, I would like that.  I think I would really enjoy Laurel's mission being separate from Oliver's.  So to see her just prowling the rooftops - making sure she helps any cop she sees in danger while Oliver fights other bad guys would work for me.  That way, she has her own story and we can see them cross paths from time to time when it fits the story.

• Love 1

Ok, Wedding discussion, part Deux! We got some new information this last episode, and Guggenheim has confirmed that this is not just a wedding, but a marriage! DUN DUN DUN!  So, with five episodes left (19, 20, 21, 22, 23), who might this lucky couple be?

Off the table:

Oliver/Shado or Shado's twin in flashbacks: Yes, we know this show won't hesitate to have Oliver bang both sisters, but that aside, that seemed the very definition of a two episode fan service appearance by Shado's previously unmentioned twin, with no hint that we will see Shado's twin again this season, if ever. May doesn't even know Oliver's real name, and he left her apartment a complete disaster area even after the bodies were removed.

Ray/Felicity: Felicity's reaction to Ray's "I love you," (moving kinda quickly there, Ray) and the Donna Smoak scene right after that pretty much confirmed that the Ray/Felicity breakup is coming in episode 19 or 20.  Even Ray is not going to propose marriage to the woman who responds to his "I love you" with "Let me find some jello."

Donna Smoak/anyone: She mentioned the attorneys at Caesar's, but not in a romantic sense, and it's very clear that her focus is on eventually having hospital sex, not getting married again. If Quentin turns out to be into hospital sex, though, hello season four!

Probably off the table:

Random extras: Guggenheim seems to be suggesting that we'll see the actual marriage, which would not apply to a wedding of random extras getting interrupted by a stunt sequence.  This also applies to the already unlikely Cupid/anyone and Chin Na Wei/anyone speculations.

Quentin/Dinah: Issues with scheduling aside, I don't think the show would let the actors tease Quentin and Donna Smoak as much if a Quentin wedding to someone else was happening this season. 

Still on:

Oliver/the League of Assassins: This forces us to use a more metaphorical definition of "wedding/marriage," but Oliver is definitely in a League of Assassins outfit in upcoming promo shots, and it's possible that the join the League of Assassins ceremony (they have to have a ceremony, right?) echoes wedding language. And it fits the trolling language.

Oliver/Felicity: I think the odds for this just went up. Significantly.  Presumably as part of keeping Oliver tied to his humanity once he joins the League of Assassins. Also, hello bouquet.

Nyssa/Oliver or Nyssa/anyone else: I'm still doubtful about the wisdom of having a Nyssa/Oliver hookup or marriage, given that I can think of very little else as guaranteed to annoy a significant part of the Arrow fanbase, but then again, Arrow hasn't hesitated to annoy a significant part of its fanbase before, so that doesn't mean much. Plus, the last episode set up an alliance between Nyssa/Oliver regarding the League of Assassins, and lightly teased Nyssa/Laurel by having Nyssa save Laurel and listen to Laurel's pleas to not beat up Quentin (it's weak, but this show.) And, well, in theory we are finding out Sara's fate in May - just enough time for wedding bells in the finale.

Roy/Thea: Definitely on the table. Ok, granted, they have the sort of sex life that involves watching the local news, so I think they might need to spice things up in the bedroom just a touch, but they are in love, Roy just demonstrated that he's willing to go all out for people he cares about, and I can see Thea demanding a marriage so that she can continue to visit Roy in jail.

Maseo/Tatsu, present day: No setup for this, but presumably Arrow is going to want to try to close off at least one storyline, and with Tatsu's actress moving on to another show, a Maseo/Tatsu present day reunion, complete with getting married again, is a possibility.

Oliver/the salmon ladder. Because the salmon ladder deserves a happy ending more than anyone else on the show. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I would say Oliver/Nyssa are the best possibility if that somehow ends up being Ras plan all along.  But I like the Roy/Thea marriage so she can visit him in prison thing.  Of course, I like this in no small part because I think it means Roy will live!

Edited by nksarmi

Ok, Wedding discussion, part Deux! We got some new information this last episode, and Guggenheim has confirmed that this is not just a wedding, but a marriage! DUN DUN DUN!  So, with five episodes left (19, 20, 21, 22, 23), who might this lucky couple be?

Off the table:

Oliver/Shado or Shado's twin in flashbacks: Yes, we know this show won't hesitate to have Oliver bang both sisters, but that aside, that seemed the very definition of a two episode fan service appearance by Shado's previously unmentioned twin, with no hint that we will see Shado's twin again this season, if ever. May doesn't even know Oliver's real name, and he left her apartment a complete disaster area even after the bodies were removed.

Ray/Felicity: Felicity's reaction to Ray's "I love you," (moving kinda quickly there, Ray) and the Donna Smoak scene right after that pretty much confirmed that the Ray/Felicity breakup is coming in episode 19 or 20.  Even Ray is not going to propose marriage to the woman who responds to his "I love you" with "Let me find some jello."

Donna Smoak/anyone: She mentioned the attorneys at Caesar's, but not in a romantic sense, and it's very clear that her focus is on eventually having hospital sex, not getting married again. If Quentin turns out to be into hospital sex, though, hello season four!

Probably off the table:

Random extras: Guggenheim seems to be suggesting that we'll see the actual marriage, which would not apply to a wedding of random extras getting interrupted by a stunt sequence.  This also applies to the already unlikely Cupid/anyone and Chin Na Wei/anyone speculations.

Quentin/Dinah: Issues with scheduling aside, I don't think the show would let the actors tease Quentin and Donna Smoak as much if a Quentin wedding to someone else was happening this season. 

Still on:

Oliver/the League of Assassins: This forces us to use a more metaphorical definition of "wedding/marriage," but Oliver is definitely in a League of Assassins outfit in upcoming promo shots, and it's possible that the join the League of Assassins ceremony (they have to have a ceremony, right?) echoes wedding language. And it fits the trolling language.

Oliver/Felicity: I think the odds for this just went up. Significantly.  Presumably as part of keeping Oliver tied to his humanity once he joins the League of Assassins. Also, hello bouquet.

Nyssa/Oliver or Nyssa/anyone else: I'm still doubtful about the wisdom of having a Nyssa/Oliver hookup or marriage, given that I can think of very little else as guaranteed to annoy a significant part of the Arrow fanbase, but then again, Arrow hasn't hesitated to annoy a significant part of its fanbase before, so that doesn't mean much. Plus, the last episode set up an alliance between Nyssa/Oliver regarding the League of Assassins, and lightly teased Nyssa/Laurel by having Nyssa save Laurel and listen to Laurel's pleas to not beat up Quentin (it's weak, but this show.) And, well, in theory we are finding out Sara's fate in May - just enough time for wedding bells in the finale.

Roy/Thea: Definitely on the table. Ok, granted, they have the sort of sex life that involves watching the local news, so I think they might need to spice things up in the bedroom just a touch, but they are in love, Roy just demonstrated that he's willing to go all out for people he cares about, and I can see Thea demanding a marriage so that she can continue to visit Roy in jail.

Maseo/Tatsu, present day: No setup for this, but presumably Arrow is going to want to try to close off at least one storyline, and with Tatsu's actress moving on to another show, a Maseo/Tatsu present day reunion, complete with getting married again, is a possibility.

Oliver/the salmon ladder. Because the salmon ladder deserves a happy ending more than anyone else on the show. 

Also Is Probably Off the Table But With Guggentroll, Who Knows:

Laurel/Oliver: I mean, I lean more toward the HELL NO, but I don't trust Guggenheim at all; he probably had say in the opening 'My name is Oliver Queen' segment and if he can put Laurel and Ray, and take away Team Arrow from it, then anything's possible in his delusional world. 

Ok, I'm mostly kidding about the above. I don't think it'll ever happen; I just wanted to throw it out there. 

I would laugh, though, if it was Oliver getting married to someone and it was for the flashbacks. Hey, they gotta fill up Oliver's fourth year on the island/Hong Kong/Starling City/anywhere where people can actually find him SOMEHOW. Why not throw in a random marriage? 

I think the best outcomes would be either Nyssa/Oliver (ok, not really because woohoo, who doesn't want more Olicity angst?) or Thea/Roy. i'd be happier with Thea/Roy, because at least we'd know that he survives, but these two options wouldn't make me rage. 

(edited)

I think Maseo/Tatsu. And Oliver/Nyssa shouldn't actually affect Olicity, really, because it would totally be a ploy. It would be hella gross, though, since she's gay and all.

To be clear, it would be gross to make a gay woman marry a straight man for an heir or whatever. And this show is already close enough or over enough bad lines.

Edited by AyChihuahua

Im still rooting for Ras/Malcolm. I will hold onto that hope even if all else fails this season. Ras was looking pretty dapper this episode, I think he got some new hair gel or something. Maybe he wanted to look good for his secret love, even though MM only had a brief blink and you'll miss him part in this episode.

On a serious spoiler opinion though I think Thea/Roy make the most sense for her to get visitation rights. I still think Nyssa/Oliver is just too much stealing from other comics and would be disastrous for the show. Oliver/Felicity is too soon. Tatsu/Maseo are already married so that is redundant. Marriage in flashback would be something trolly that I could see happen. I feel like we are not done with Mae, but I don't think it will be a marriage that brings her back to our screens.

So yeah, final thoughts are its gonna be Thea/Roy.

Are we sure it's on Arrow? Spoiler for Flash.

BTS pics seem to indicate Ronnie/Catlin wedding in Flash finale.

MG says he has nothing to do with Flash & does not work for them, so I can't imagine him trolling a spoiler for that show. But that would be nice development for the Flash.

• Love 1

Can you imagine Thea and Roy getting married because he is going to jail? lol

Oliver: "I understand. Spousal Privilege. Good thinking."

Thea: "What's that? I'm thinking the sex."

• Love 4

However, I do expect either a reconciliation between Lance and Laurel as he is dying OR for him to die without forgiving her - leading to a new source for her mission next season - trying to make amends for her dad by becoming the cop's guardian angel or something like that.  And to be honest, I would like that.  I think I would really enjoy Laurel's mission being separate from Oliver's.  So to see her just prowling the rooftops - making sure she helps any cop she sees in danger while Oliver fights other bad guys would work for me.  That way, she has her own story and we can see them cross paths from time to time when it fits the story.

I like it.  I think that's the only way that they could continue to have Laurel be the Black Canary on this show and not raise my blood pressure every time she's on, to put her on a separate mission and only occasionally work with Team Arrow.  It would also be honoring the comics because she would be an equal to Oliver, not a sidekick.  (I don't think I could take her as a permanent equal to Oliver on TA as Sara was.)

They've already got the "TV on during sex" part down.

They makes sense, but I think I'd feel cheated to have them suddenly get married and lost on the romance of courting this time around.  This show either seems to rush through things to fast (this would fall into that category) or waste endless time treading the same ground over and over. (Ra's, Ray, Ray/Felicity/Oliver).

• Love 2

OK, what's that letter Laurel's holding in the spoiler pics? A signed confession? Or resignation letter?

I figure it would be a confession. You want to arrest Oliver you have to take me with him.  

• Love 2

I'm trying to wade through these spoilers to determine what could save the season for me. None of the wedding scenarios sound particularly interesting unless it's Ra's/Malcolm. Oliver/Nyssa is insulting. Oliver/Felicity is way too soon even for my shipper heart. Oliver/Laurel will make me rage quit. Anyone else - I don't really care. Maybe Thea/Roy. Maybe. 

If TIIC do reveal this whole Ra's wanting Oliver to take over was some long con for either Nyssa or whatever, that's still a waste of a season with tons of OOC moments, an overall depressing tone, and nonsensical reasoning. If it's not a long con, then it's just stupid for no reason at all. 

Sara returning from the dead is good because I like her but bad because, again, it makes all the turmoil of the season pointless.

I think I'm talking myself into nothing redeeming this season for me. Olicity sexytimes would be a highlight, but not something that would make me look back on the season and go - ohhhh, I get it now. It was all for _____ reason. What a brilliant plan.

• Love 4

OK, what's that letter Laurel's holding in the spoiler pics? A signed confession? Or resignation letter?

Could be either. I'm thinking she quits. Maybe she buys the Sherwood Forrest shop (Draw Your Bow) and becomes a florist. If so, I need a scene where Oliver walks in and makes a comment about how it reminds him of how toxic some relationships can be while looking at Laurel the whole time.

• Love 1

Quentin also has a folded up piece of paper in his hand in another picture, which I'm guessing is a search warrant for Verdant and that's when he finds the lair.

Is Oliver handcuffed to a chair at the police station?  I guess Roy wasn't enough for Quentin and he's arrested Oliver too. Maybe that's what makes Laurel go to extreme lengths, she gets Oliver out. Or she signs a confession, which hurts MG more than it hurts me.

I'm trying to wade through these spoilers to determine what could save the season for me.

Like Matt Mitovich, I'm thinking, let's just get to the end of this season, and see what's set up for the next.

• Love 1

Could be either. I'm thinking she quits. Maybe she buys the Sherwood Forrest shop (Draw Your Bow) and becomes a florist. If so, I need a scene where Oliver walks in and makes a comment about how it reminds him of how toxic some relationships can be while looking at Laurel the whole time.

Ahahah I'm okay with that. Also, from the pics it looks like Felicity is wearing that purple dress EBR had on during the video she made with SA and DR.

Will we find out if there is a show reason for that thing she was wearing underneath it?

(edited)

The clip in spoilers won't play :-(

Stupid work computer. Good thing I got my phone.

Please break up with Ray. Please break up with Ray before sexytimes with Oliver.

So it looks like they have been holding back on their sex scenes; that one with Felicity looks intense (for Arrow)....I'm not complaining.

Looks like Laurel stays in SC. Makes me happy. I need my Team Arrow back.

Roy breaking my heart in the promo.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 3
(edited)

What the?!  Yeah, I really hope that Felicity is broken up with Ray before she sleeps with Oliver.  I can't believe that they would spoil that so early.  Perhaps they are worried about the recent declining ratings?  I don't know.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 2

That's the look ahead for 319/320 so she probably breaks up with Ray in 319 and Olicity sex is in 320 when they're in NP.  Then in 321 Felicity leaves for SC while Oliver stays behind becoming Ra's.  By the end of 321 Oliver is back in SC....because?

• Love 1